• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type me

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hello everyone,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I've already taken online inventories and my initial results were infp, but I have some reasons to doubt this. I have no doubt that I am some kind of NF personality.

I will begin by acknowledging that I do have some stereotypical infp traits. One of the strongest traits I have that could confirm Fi lead is my extreme reserve in public. I've read that infj's aren't really that reserved, because of auxiliary Fe, but are still quite private (I am very private too, for that matter).

However, one important reason for my doubting lead Fi is that I seem to be more concerned with ideas and creative thought than values. This is why I frequently consider enfp and infj. Another reason I doubt infp is my inability to actualize any or most of my own desires: I mostly just defer to the will of my family. In the short-term, I argue and throw tantrums, but ultimately, I deny myself and give in to them instead of striking out on my own (it is my birth family. I have no wife/children). I am under the impression that infps are more easily able to pursue their own dreams while the infj is more prone to be emotionally dependent and to also consider pursuit of their own dreams as selfish.

I have the standard traits of most NF's: literary ambitions, a taste for indie music, diplomacy, idealism. I would rule out enfj as most unlikely of the four idealist temperaments, as I don't have much influence over people or a strong need for shallower yet more widespread human connection.

I would consider enfp for a couple reasons:

I could be an enfp with strong reserve from a stronger than normal Fi
I frequently have trouble with hypochondria issues, and have since I was a teenager. Though I would say I'm more like Woody Allen in this regard, and not a hypochondriac, but really an alarmist. This could be inferior Si.
One of the girls I've fallen for the hardest in my life seemed to be an Si dominant, I always figured it could have stemmed from Si dual seeking, but then you'd be getting into socionics.
I cycle through many ideas. Actually, I become depressed if I don't have any new ideas for stories (fiction), even though I already have many ideas I haven't even written yet.

argument against enfp: I go out of my way to avoid most people. Doesn't seem like something any enfp would do.

I would consider infj for these reasons:

High reserve
seemingly introverted in public, attention seeking at home with a "jokey" disposition
my emotions almost always find their way out, as you would expect from an Fe user. Even around people I'm uncomfortable around, I will occasionally have outbursts and let them see my anger, rather than hold it in. These outbursts are generally not related to a clash of deep-seated values, but superficial annoyances.
I think I am a lead intuitive, not a lead feeler

Argument against infj:

lack of friendly-type behavior with strangers, very reserved, even with common social graces and gestures.

Let me know what you all think!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I don't know if I would attribute hypochondria to Si, or any function for that matter.
In typing, I'd usually start with introversion/extroversion (unless that's what the person is split on). So if we start there, we can narrow it down. Personally, you seem much more introverted to me. But just to make sure...

The basic: after lots of socializing, do you feel the need to get away and be by yourself? Or, after lots of time alone, do you feel the need to get out and be with people?

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
I answered this questionnaire to see if it helps things along.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I don't spend a lot of time reviewing my own values, or comparing my values to others'. I seem more concerned with taking in information first and foremost. On occasion I will worry about a value someone else has, if I don't agree with it, but these are periodic episodes. Most of the time I seek out information.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Just like Kramer asked George in Seinfeld: Do you yearn? Lol. One thing I think about frequently, against my better judgment is finding the perfect woman for me, to marry. I think about this too much and consider too many women I meet, so it's not a desirable quality, really. I also would like to create something that people admire me for, something in the creative realm. There Is also the wellbeing of my family as well.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

For a brief period in college, when I was getting all As and also working a lot and keeping everything together quite well. I was also quite patient and in control of my emotions at the time, which feels a bit stifling in hindsight, like trying to be too "perfect."

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Hard to say on this one. Probably when someone my age displays a talent I believe I have or should have, and they are acknowledged or more successful in it that I have been.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

A lot of the time I will want to make a decision and get instant results/feedback, but with a lot of decisions, I will think a lot about possible consequences regarding what I say/do. These consequences usually relate to other people's reactions to me or my family.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

A lot of the time, I'll just want to get it over and done with. I can get into states where I worry too much about deadlines and failure. I do want control over the outcome, to make it favorable. If someone else is working with me, and they're more competent in that area, I am happy to "hide behind them" and let them succeed for the whole group.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Junior high. I spent a lot of time engaging in class clown type behavior, which was and continues to be an anomaly in my life, as it was fun, but an isolated period.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Being able to understand it, not memorize it. Like having that switch in your head where you've no doubt you understand it. It's hard to move on without that moment of clarity.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I have a loose organization, where I keep items as segregated as they need to be in order to recall where everything is, but requires the least amount of maintenance. I almost never lose an item, but only periodically reorganize as I don't enjoy the activity per se.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to reach a point where I could teach the idea to someone else on a dry erase board, if necessary. So understanding the principle well enough to teach its fundamentals and apply it as well.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

People belonging to a group and "being myself" don't really concern me that much. Following what I believe is important, and so is making sure my loved ones are doing fine, but the edge probably goes to following what I believe.COLOR]

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one. Most of the time, I'll think before speaking, but on rarer occasions, if upset, I'll lash out in anger and speak before thinking of consequences.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I spend a lot of time procrastinating for many things. If the task is complicated, I will form a loose sequence of events in my head in order to get it done, if it is simple, I will just do it without thinking, but all of this is usually after wallowing in inactivity/procrastination first.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends on the opportunity for going out. If it is a rare opportunity, like an event I'm interested in that won't come along again, I would probably go. If it is a commonplace event, I would probably stay.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

It shows when I'm stressed out. Sometimes I'll go on rants about the worst possible outcome, and how it's really going to happen this time unless the person I'm talking to does something about it. My mood will shift to highly irritable, with all of the behaviors that go with that.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When someone really forces themselves upon me. whether it be their company, presence, or wishes. Conversely, when I try to talk to someone, and they ignore me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Not usually. On occasion I'll enjoy speaking of things that interest me, like a good television show, or mbti, for example.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably my surroundings. There are occasions when I'll not realize something is in the same vicinity when most people probably would.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

People close to me would probably judge me as being a little selfish. For small things I probably am, but they rarely mention the big things, like how my loyalty is nearly unbreakable.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Against, my better judgment, I would probably spend a good portion of time surfing the internet, following tangents of curiosity.

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know if I would attribute hypochondria to Si, or any function for that matter.
In typing, I'd usually start with introversion/extroversion (unless that's what the person is split on). So if we start there, we can narrow it down. Personally, you seem much more introverted to me. But just to make sure...

The basic: after lots of socializing, do you feel the need to get away and be by yourself? Or, after lots of time alone, do you feel the need to get out and be with people?

If I have a good interaction with someone, I will have a certain energy, but it is a nervous one, like an overstimulation. Most of the time I am nervous around people I'm unfamiliar with, so it's easier to avoid them rather than engage them. Also, I don't really recall the relationship between my energy and socialization. Its just that I really don't want to socialize with most people. After being alone, I enjoy being around loved ones, but not necessarily to talk to, just to be in the vicinity of.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
If I have a good interaction with someone, I will have a certain energy, but it is a nervous one, like an overstimulation. Most of the time I am nervous around people I'm unfamiliar with, so it's easier to avoid them rather than engage them. Also, I don't really recall the relationship between my energy and socialization. Its just that I really don't want to socialize with most people. After being alone, I enjoy being around loved ones, but not necessarily to talk to, just to be in the vicinity of.

That sounds probably more introverted to me.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I answered this questionnaire to see if it helps things along.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I don't spend a lot of time reviewing my own values, or comparing my values to others'. I seem more concerned with taking in information first and foremost. On occasion I will worry about a value someone else has, if I don't agree with it, but these are periodic episodes. Most of the time I seek out information.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Just like Kramer asked George in Seinfeld: Do you yearn? Lol. One thing I think about frequently, against my better judgment is finding the perfect woman for me, to marry. I think about this too much and consider too many women I meet, so it's not a desirable quality, really. I also would like to create something that people admire me for, something in the creative realm. There Is also the wellbeing of my family as well.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

For a brief period in college, when I was getting all As and also working a lot and keeping everything together quite well. I was also quite patient and in control of my emotions at the time, which feels a bit stifling in hindsight, like trying to be too "perfect."

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Hard to say on this one. Probably when someone my age displays a talent I believe I have or should have, and they are acknowledged or more successful in it that I have been.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

A lot of the time I will want to make a decision and get instant results/feedback, but with a lot of decisions, I will think a lot about possible consequences regarding what I say/do. These consequences usually relate to other people's reactions to me or my family.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

A lot of the time, I'll just want to get it over and done with. I can get into states where I worry too much about deadlines and failure. I do want control over the outcome, to make it favorable. If someone else is working with me, and they're more competent in that area, I am happy to "hide behind them" and let them succeed for the whole group.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Junior high. I spent a lot of time engaging in class clown type behavior, which was and continues to be an anomaly in my life, as it was fun, but an isolated period.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

Being able to understand it, not memorize it. Like having that switch in your head where you've no doubt you understand it. It's hard to move on without that moment of clarity.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

I have a loose organization, where I keep items as segregated as they need to be in order to recall where everything is, but requires the least amount of maintenance. I almost never lose an item, but only periodically reorganize as I don't enjoy the activity per se.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I try to reach a point where I could teach the idea to someone else on a dry erase board, if necessary. So understanding the principle well enough to teach its fundamentals and apply it as well.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

People belonging to a group and "being myself" don't really concern me that much. Following what I believe is important, and so is making sure my loved ones are doing fine, but the edge probably goes to following what I believe.COLOR]

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

One on one. Most of the time, I'll think before speaking, but on rarer occasions, if upset, I'll lash out in anger and speak before thinking of consequences.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I spend a lot of time procrastinating for many things. If the task is complicated, I will form a loose sequence of events in my head in order to get it done, if it is simple, I will just do it without thinking, but all of this is usually after wallowing in inactivity/procrastination first.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Depends on the opportunity for going out. If it is a rare opportunity, like an event I'm interested in that won't come along again, I would probably go. If it is a commonplace event, I would probably stay.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

It shows when I'm stressed out. Sometimes I'll go on rants about the worst possible outcome, and how it's really going to happen this time unless the person I'm talking to does something about it. My mood will shift to highly irritable, with all of the behaviors that go with that.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When someone really forces themselves upon me. whether it be their company, presence, or wishes. Conversely, when I try to talk to someone, and they ignore me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Not usually. On occasion I'll enjoy speaking of things that interest me, like a good television show, or mbti, for example.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

Probably my surroundings. There are occasions when I'll not realize something is in the same vicinity when most people probably would.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

People close to me would probably judge me as being a little selfish. For small things I probably am, but they rarely mention the big things, like how my loyalty is nearly unbreakable.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Against, my better judgment, I would probably spend a good portion of time surfing the internet, following tangents of curiosity.

Take all this with a grain of salt; I'm just an amateur with less than a year of knowledge.
I think INTJ. You appear to use Fi, but not enough for a dominant or auxiliary position. If we're going into temperaments, I think you're an NT rational. Also, as I said in my other reply, an introvert. So that's INTx. Beyond that I'm a little sketchy. I see both Te and Ti, so I'm not sure. But INTJ probably, based on your Fi here and there.
I would look into Ni-Te and Ti-Ne to see which fits better.

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
Take all this with a grain of salt; I'm just an amateur with less than a year of knowledge.
I think INTJ. You appear to use Fi, but not enough for a dominant or auxiliary position. If we're going into temperaments, I think you're an NT rational. Also, as I said in my other reply, an introvert. So that's INTx. Beyond that I'm a little sketchy. I see both Te and Ti, so I'm not sure. But INTJ probably, based on your Fi here and there.
I would look into Ni-Te and Ti-Ne to see which fits better.

What Te and Ti do you see? Also, What made you guess NT?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Fi does not equal reserve in public wtf? No functions do per se right

Interpol

MBTI Type
INFJ
Fi does not equal reserve in public wtf? No functions do per se right

I've read that ixfjs, while introverted, are very friendly and even animated, when approached, due to auxiliary Fe. I am really not like that, so if that premise is true, then what I called "reserve" would be a lack of responsiveness, even when engaged by someone else. I thought that might be an Fi trait.