• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Think I figured this out (with the help of a relative)

DreamBeliever

I figured it'd be good to ask someone in real life for some help with my mbti/enneagram type, so I asked a relative to read through some definitions, & I took down some notes. Here's what they thought.

MBTI-
Functions (in no certain order):
Ni
Fe
Se (by a little)
Ti

Enneagram-
Most like me:
4, 7, 8

Sounds like me:
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Doesn't sound like me:
1, 9

Instinctual Variants:
So/Sp/Sx

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
Listen, can you fill out a questionnaire and post it here?
I'm not taking your relative's word for it.

DreamBeliever

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I'm not confident on any certain type, really.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Creativity, freedom, nice things, good positive people to be around, generosity, being able to travel, nice car & house, to find myself & express myself, to help people, to learn to be independent. That's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure there's a lot more. I guess I just want to be myself, experience a lot, & enjoy myself.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I have no idea. Is that bad? lol I feel good telling rude people off.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Being talked down to, people having power over me, being embarrassed.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How it will effect myself & other people, long term effects, & the feeling it gives me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Making it look/sound good & putting my own spin on it. I mean, I want it to go smoothly & turn out good. It'd like it to turn out how I envision it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have a lot of fun any time I'm spending down time with friends hanging out & not having to worry about class work or anything else. There's lots of things that are fun. Dances at school are fun, going to cedar point around Halloween with the haunted houses, & just having really good conversations.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Depends what it is. I research a lot of psychology stuff, so for that it's reading on my own time. For sports or musical instruments, it would be hands-on learning. Studying for tests would just be to read my notes over & over to myself (I can't study for tests out loud with other people). I'm an auditory learner in class, though (definitely over book learning or worksheets).

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
My stuff's usually neat & clean. I'm not always great at writing things down, so I usually just remember things off the top of my head.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
The principles behind it, I guess. That & how they'll be for people. Also, how interesting they are.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Making sure they're happy, getting along, having no unnecessary drama, & that I'm having a good time, relaxed, & being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I'd say speak before thinking. I've put my foot in my mouth quite a bit. One-on-one because it's more personal/meaningful or groups of 5 people or less.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'll jump in right away, if needed, but I'd like a little knowledge on what I'm doing. Action backs up words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Go out. I might be a little disappointed about my show at first, but I'd catch up on it another time. It'd probably be more fun to go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Temperamental, sleeping a lot, late to places, fall behind on work, over indulge on things, do other things to keep my mind off it, over think & analyze, turn to bad thoughts.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
If they're bossy, control freaks, don't have a sense of humor, take things too seriously.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
No, it depends on the person. I'm constantly talking about so many different things with people.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
No clue. Does that show my lack of attention to it? lol

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Kind, caring, insightful, fun, funny, giving, understanding, original (at least I'm hoping they'd say these things). Don't know. People don't always know how feisty, competitive, & serious I can be.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Playing basketball, soccer, shopping, going out to eat, going to an outdoor concert, all while on vacation in a new place.

avaxtskyr

MBTI Type
ISFP
Wouldn't be surprised if you're enneagram 4.

Definitely SP...

Meaning Se dom or aux.

I am leaning towards ISTP or ESTP.

Take a look at these videos to see if you resonate:

To me, I cannot differentiate your preference for Fi vs. Fe & Ti vs. Te.
However, if you use Fi more than Fe, Te more than Ti, consider ESFP or ISFP.

I will state that it is highly unlikely that you are ENFP, INFP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTP, INTP, ESFJ, or ISFJ-- due to preference for Se.

Cygnus

Listen, can you fill out a questionnaire and post it here?
I'm not taking your relative's word for it.

Questionnaires are literally just asking for your favorite flavor of ice cream, or sharing "what you value in a puppy dog." It's all just touching yourself, regurgitating the same incomprehensible self-help jargon that has no logical meaning.

Here's an example of a question that indicates Cognitive Functions:

An emo chick walks in front of you, whining very loudly about how her dog died.

If you slap her in the face, you're probably a strong Ti-valuer.
If you listen to her crying and sympathize with it, you're probably a strong Fi-valuer.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
What do you think that your type is?

Post 5 that you do not think describe you

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Alright, so I know this sounds really stupid, and a lot of people will think this won't be helpful--but sometimes it's best to go right back to the bare-bones basics. Once you have some bones, you can start finding some flesh. So...

I think the majority of people start out MBTI with this. Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory It's not function-based, but it's the one everybody takes. It really can provide a lot of insight. Sometimes it helps to take it more than once on different days. This was my gateway to MBTI. It helped me determine my FP, and later, my N. From there, I investigated the functions of the xNFP, saw that they fit me, and ruled out other types.

So, tell me--what type did you get? What were your percentages? :)

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think that you have some sort of thoughts regarding yourself. Just knock out types that you know do not reflect how you precieve yourself. For example, I highly doubt I am an ESFJ. Why? I just don't, I do not behave like one, and although I relate to parts of every type description this is one that on the whole I know I can knock out.

DreamBeliever

Alright, so I know this sounds really stupid, and a lot of people will think this won't be helpful--but sometimes it's best to go right back to the bare-bones basics. Once you have some bones, you can start finding some flesh. So...

I think the majority of people start out MBTI with this. Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory It's not function-based, but it's the one everybody takes. It really can provide a lot of insight. Sometimes it helps to take it more than once on different days. This was my gateway to MBTI. It helped me determine my FP, and later, my N. From there, I investigated the functions of the xNFP, saw that they fit me, and ruled out other types.

So, tell me--what type did you get? What were your percentages? :)

Don't think this is probably right, but I got
INFP
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(22%)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Don't think this is probably right, but I got
INFP
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(22%)

There, that's a start! :) So now, try investigating Fi, Ne, Si, and Te in that order. What do you relate to? What don't you? Also, go through the traditional MBTI dichotomies. Pick out which preferences definitely fit you. Your F seems to be the highest percentage there. So look into that.
Try taking a few more online tests and tell me what you got. You might get different results each time, but there will probably be some overlap.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is ehat we see, hear,taste, smell touch imagine amd bring to life. Love is compassion, love is not hateful or bitter, but love is not what we ran over. In all reality, people show love in all sorts of ways, through action and some through words and that sometimes people do not like the way others show love
2. What are your most important values? To show compassion and mercy
3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place? I believe that reality just came out of nowhere and people just staryed doing things for no reason. I believe this still because I believe that life cane out of random.
4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you? My overall opinion on wars nd military is that some of these wars are pointless and I do not care about wars.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? About anything as long as everybody gets a laugh. I like to play guitar,
6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? No
7. What do you think of daily chores? Daily chores are boring and the only reason why we should do them is because we do not want roaches in the house and to be safe.
8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome. I have not.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
What made me cry is when people that are closed to me have betrayed and then O know about it, I do noy why I have cried. People complimenting me because ot made me feel special.
10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I feel at pne with the environment.
Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself? My inability to speak my mind. I wish I could show myself to people and not react.
12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself? My intellect and my ability to lut smile on people's faces. My ability to predict how people would react.
13. In what areas of your life would you like help? I would like someone who knows how to do things and not just say go there because I believe there is a certain way to do things
14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
No
People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? I like that mist people love to have fun and can get overexcited over things such as graduation. The aspects about people that I do not like is the fact they are easy to get manipulated in an emotional way and try to use religion to start wars. I do not like the fact that people judges someone else just because they look scary, have a daunting sense of humor or is a religion that are know to have people instead of trying to know more about people.
16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner? If uou want to do it, do it. They got to have a fun loving personality, I want them to have betterjudgments of people and should have a lot of energy.
17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why? Make sure the child is safe, teach all of my children be aware of people and to always make a choice as long as iy does not affect people in general because I do not want to see them in jail and also people will hunt them down.
18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction? None.
19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one. Society and I have mix feelings about each other. The problem yhat I have with society is that they can contradictory such as follow values vs follow the lae and it could confuse people and they could cause riots.
20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them? I choose by friends by just some stuff that they would be have them laugh and I would behave like myselg and as I would say something to them, I am judging them and making conclusions of what can I get away with and whay can I not get away with.
21. How do you behave around strangers? I will be pretty quiet because I truly do not know people's intentions