• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need some insights here. Care to assist? :)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Alright. I've narrowed myself down to INFP and ENFP based on responses I was given on an earlier thread I posted. I just feel like I didn't give enough information regarding the I/E. Whether I'm using traditional MBTI with dichotomies, or Jungian function theory, I just can't get an insight on either one. I'm an ambivert, and I seem to use Fi and Ne at equal capacity.

Here is some of my reasoning for each type. I would really appreciate your impressions. :) :)

Argument for INFP
During childhood:
-I was a cautious child. I didn't walk or ride bikes until later than most. I was never a daredevil of any sort.
-I was also shy when I was little. I had trouble making friends, and at one point I even had to be in a "lunch bunch" group. (The group was trying to teach friendship making skills.)
-At recess, I often played alone. I skipped around the playground like it was my little dream paradise. I actually preferred indoor recess so I could draw or write stories.
-I believe my Fi was pretty developed for my age. I journaled about my place in the world and who I was. I remember writing about the distress I felt about being "meaner than usual."
-I was described as easygoing, sensitive, and a peacemaker. I often got the short straw of my family.
Now:
-I dislike small talk--the weather, what classes I'm taking, the monotony of day-to-day life.
-I avoid conversing with strangers. It makes me uncomfortable.
-Of stranger interaction, I dread most the conversations with manicurists or barbers. (You can't escape that way!)
-After prolonged socializing with people I'm not that close to, I feel the need to get away and end the interaction.
-I'm often very quiet at first (teachers have confirmed this). I then open up after a bit of time.
-I can get overstimulated.
-Small group discussions are preferable to large group discussions.
-I get energy from being by myself.
-Sometimes I'm energized simply by thinking about who I am, or being myself--whether that means being alone or with other people.

Argument for ENFP
During childhood:
-Some years I was quite boisterous, and got in trouble for talking too much or going off on too many tangents.
-I enjoyed performing for others.
-I could be very dramatic, showy, and animated.
-I tended to blurt things out.
Now:
-A lot of times I really do enjoy the spotlight. I love public speaking and seminars when I'm able to express my views, feelings, and creativity.
-Around people I'm comfortable with, mostly my closest circle, I often dominate the conversation.
-I get a lot of my energy from being with my circle, or in seminars/public speaking where I can express my viewpoints.
-I'm often dramatic.
-I'm able to get on well with almost anyone. I'm good at talking to people.
-I have a strong need to change the world. I'm usually easygoing or lazy, but when I really care about something, I pull my act together and really get sh*t done (is that Te?).

Thank you so much for reading all this! <3 Would you mind telling me what you think?

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Alright. I've narrowed myself down to INFP and ENFP based on responses I was given on an earlier thread I posted. I just feel like I didn't give enough information regarding the I/E. Whether I'm using traditional MBTI with dichotomies, or Jungian function theory, I just can't get an insight on either one. I'm an ambivert, and I seem to use Fi and Ne at equal capacity.

Here is some of my reasoning for each type. I would really appreciate your impressions. :) :)

Argument for INFP
During childhood:
-I was a cautious child. I didn't walk or ride bikes until later than most. I was never a daredevil of any sort.
-I was also shy when I was little. I had trouble making friends, and at one point I even had to be in a "lunch bunch" group. (The group was trying to teach friendship making skills.)
-At recess, I often played alone. I skipped around the playground like it was my little dream paradise. I actually preferred indoor recess so I could draw or write stories.
-I believe my Fi was pretty developed for my age. I journaled about my place in the world and who I was. I remember writing about the distress I felt about being "meaner than usual."
-I was described as easygoing, sensitive, and a peacemaker. I often got the short straw of my family.
Now:
-I dislike small talk--the weather, what classes I'm taking, the monotony of day-to-day life.
-Of stranger interaction, I dread most the conversations with manicurists or barbers. (You can't escape that way!)
-After prolonged socializing with people I'm not that close to, I feel the need to get away and end the interaction.
-I'm often very quiet at first (teachers have confirmed this). I then open up after a bit of time.
-Sometimes I'm energized simply by thinking about who I am, or being myself--whether that means being alone or with other people.

Argument for ENFP
During childhood:
-Some years I was quite boisterous, and got in trouble for talking too much or going off on too many tangents.
Now:

Hmmmm...interesting...I can definitely see you possibly being either I or E. I would tend to lean more towards INFP due to how you said you were as a child...except that I was very similar as a child and I am very much an E.

I would look for help from [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] on this one.

:hug:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YOU ARE AN INTROVERT! I have very little reservation given your description. I'm a very low key ENFP, but I can barely remember how I was as a kid because I was too busy being, Usually annoying my mother, playing with neighbors and generally being an oblivious trouble maker. My sins were talking when I was supposed to be quiet and getting into things I wasn't supposed to out of curiousity. And I don't like small talk, but I engage in it somewhat enthusiastically anyway as a way to start digging deep.

It does make sense that your 4w3 enneatyping gives you that flamboyant edge. :) Also, which I think I did mention with you, ISFPs have a tendency to be particularly wacky to entertain friends and family.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP is Fi, ENFP is Ne. I don't type functions however because every internet description of the functions contradicts another and the one given on the actual mbti site is crap because it only gives like 2 sentences. Here's a question that usually gets everyone. Do you get bored when there is no outer stimulation? Or do you lack peace of mind whenever you are around others. Keep in mind that E/I is not just about who talk the most , as extraverts can be shy and prefer other people approach them and introverts can talk on and on about their favorite subjects or even start a conversation whenever the person owes them money. Another way to tell the difference between E/I is that extraverts will be comfortable sharing certain information with people they've never met and introverts will often stick with people they already know, sometimes keeping even their name from strangers. You're an N, so this should be rather easy for you, just imagine yourself in a real life situation and think about hiw you feel in that situation. Do you feel uneasy and drained in social situations? Or do you feel energized and happy?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Argument for INFP
During childhood:
Now:

Argument for ENFP
During childhood:
Now:
-A lot of times I really do enjoy the spotlight. I love public speaking and seminars when I'm able to express my views, feelings, and creativity.
-Around people I'm comfortable with, mostly my closest circle, I often dominate the conversation.
-I get a lot of my energy from being with my circle, or in seminars/public speaking where I can express my viewpoints.
-I'm often dramatic.
-I'm able to get on well with almost anyone. I'm good at talking to people.
-I have a strong need to change the world. I'm usually easygoing or lazy, but when I really care about something, I pull my act together and really get sh*t done (is that Te?).

Thank you so much for reading all this! <3 Would you mind telling me what you think?

On my scale you barely come out as ENFP.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
INFP is Fi, ENFP is Ne. I don't type functions however because every internet description of the functions contradicts another and the one given on the actual mbti site is crap because it only gives like 2 sentences. Here's a question that usually gets everyone. Do you get bored when there is no outer stimulation? Or do you lack peace of mind whenever you are around others. Keep in mind that E/I is not just about who talk the most , as extraverts can be shy and prefer other people approach them and introverts can talk on and on about their favorite subjects or even start a conversation whenever the person owes them money. Another way to tell the difference between E/I is that extraverts will be comfortable sharing certain information with people they've never met and introverts will often stick with people they already know, sometimes keeping even their name from strangers. You're an N, so this should be rather easy for you, just imagine yourself in a real life situation and think about hiw you feel in that situation. Do you feel uneasy and drained in social situations? Or do you feel energized and happy?

Honestly it really depends on the situation. When I'm at my youth group (my "circle") I leave feeling quite energized. I don't feel myself getting that level of energy with anyone else. At school, I'm generally sort of indifferent towards social interaction. I enjoy when people laugh at my antics, but I really don't want to hang out with them too much. I eat by myself at lunch and spend time alone during free period, and I'm perfectly content with that.
Here's an example: The other day there was an all-school presentation. Basically everyone walks around and looks at people's exhibits. I was a traveling exhibit, meaning I actually had to go up to people and explain all my stuff. I really enjoyed it (it was an inspirational sort of thing) and the joy I spread to all those people, but by the end of it I was wiped. I had talked to strangers endlessly for three hours. I then came home and collapsed on my couch for the rest of the evening.
If I had spent three hours with my close circle, that would not have been the case.

In terms of outer stimulation and peace of mind, I do both. If I spend a weekend not leaving my house, I feel the need to get out and be with my close circle for stimulation. However, if I spend a weekend with events booked hour to hour, I crave solitude and silence like cold water.

One thing I must note is that after an energizing evening with friends, I become overwhelmed with my own energy. Then the energy becomes really uncomfortable, and I need to sit down, take it slow, and wait until it dies down. So basically, I'm energized by my close friends, then get drained by own energy, which makes me need to spend some time in quiet.
Does that make sense? :p

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
YOU ARE AN INTROVERT! I have very little reservation given your description. I'm a very low key ENFP, but I can barely remember how I was as a kid because I was too busy being, Usually annoying my mother, playing with neighbors and generally being an oblivious trouble maker. My sins were talking when I was supposed to be quiet and getting into things I wasn't supposed to out of curiousity. And I don't like small talk, but I engage in it somewhat enthusiastically anyway as a way to start digging deep.

It does make sense that your 4w3 enneatyping gives you that flamboyant edge. :) Also, which I think I did mention with you, ISFPs have a tendency to be particularly wacky to entertain friends and family.

I do believe I was originally more introverted. It seems to me that the extroverted side sort of came out of nowhere as time wore on, and began to take over at points. That's why my I/E almost depended on the school year. Eventually they evened out, which combine to make me pretty ambiverted. As I mentioned in response to another reply here, I come away from my close friend interactions very energized, but then become drained by own energy at times, and need a little time to quiet down. :p

Thanks your input! :D