• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone up for typing me?

Utilregnelig

Hello MBTI enthusiasts!

I'm very new to MBTI, but it drew my attention right away and I've already spent a good amount of time researching. One of my friends introduced me to this type indicator since he thought it would intrigue me - and he was right. He's also very certain that I'm a certain type (INTJ) and when I do tests I almost always end up being that type. Though, I'm not so sure of it myself yet, so that's where I could need your help! What type do you think I am - and why?

Here's a questionnaire I've filled out:

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I am and have always been quite popular among my peers which is something that isn't associated with INTJs as far as I understand. I don't feel like I do anything to attract people - it just happens without me even wanting to.
I also don't have any problems entering romantic relationships (so far I've been in three 3+ year long relationships). My only problem with relationships is that they can bore me easily. I like experiencing first kisses etc. and I often find myself feeling restricted in a relationship.
Furthermore, it seems like people think INTJs aren't in touch with their emotions which I believe I am. But I do use logic over feelings when making decisions.
Another thing is INTJs' "hate for structure" as some put it. I enjoy structures - but only structures that I make myself or those that are made by people I trust to be competent. I don't know if that speaks against me being INTJ or not.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for multiple things, I think. Happiness, adventure and truth are some of them.
My goal is simply being happy which is very hard to measure. When I get old I want to look back on my life and think "I didn't let anything get in the way of my happiness".
Adventure and risky behaviour makes me feel excited and alive. I feel like I spend most of my time in my head so I welcome opportunities where I just do things. I'm not good at it, but I enjoy it.
Truth is also really important to me as I navigate better in a world where I know what's true and what isn't.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Once a year I organise a Japanese popular culture event where 1200 people show up and that's always the weekend of the year where I feel at my absolute best. I spend a lot of time planning this event beforehand and I like seeing the fruit of my labour - it's very satisfying. During that weekend I get to boss people around a lot and I feel powerful which is also something I strive to be. I'm also very ambitious and I enjoy watching the event get better and better every year.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone knows more than me about a topic I'm really interested in. Other than that I hardly ever feel inferior. I have very high self-esteem and some people even call me arrogant. I believe in myself and I'm certain that I can achieve everything I want to.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
When making decisions I always think about myself first and foremost. I make decisions that benefit myself and the decisions are based on both logic and feelings. I usually intuitively know what to choose, but I almost always end up doing a pros and cons list to make sure I didn't leave out any important factors.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When I get into a project (voluntarily) I almost let it consume me. It's very important to me that the outcome will be absolutely perfect and I don't stop working on it until it is.
I dislike group projects but unfortunately it's a part of my education. In these projects I usually find myself manipulating my group members in subtle ways so the project turns out the way I want it to. To me it's more important that the outcome is great than to be considerate about the other members of the group.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I'm very forgetful and I don't recall many details from the past unless I write them down. For this reason I'll describe an episode about a week ago where I had a really fun evening with a friend. We were collaborating on a picture puzzle for the aforementioned Japanese popular culture event and I don't recall I've ever laughed that much. For some reason creating the puzzle and our thoughts connected to that task nearly killed us. We made it really difficult and it amused us that most people will probably have a very hard time figuring it out.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
When trying to acquire a new skill I prefer observing other people practice that skill first. I like having a clear understanding of it before I jump into it and try it myself. To perfect the skill thereafter I enjoy doing the hands on approach, though. That approach can lead me to evaluate my handling of the skill and improve it even more.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Quite, I would say. I really enjoy planning - everything from grocery shopping trips to major events. I also make deadlines for myself to make sure I get everything done.
On the other hand my apartment is almost never tidy as I don't enjoy organising physical objects that much. I enjoy organising my thoughts much more.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I definitely seek to understand the principles behind news ideas before judging - but it doesn't always happen that way. Most of the time I instinctively know what I think about an idea right away, but I try to dismiss it. Then I usually make an (objective) list of the idea's strengths and weakness to see if my first impression was right. Most of the time it is.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
This is a no-brainer for as I frankly don't care much about other people's moods, feelings and affiliations. I have very strong opinions and values and I follow them as much as possible. It happens that my opinions or values change and then I just adjust my course so they are not "strong" as in "unchangeable". But even if they change I always stay true to the values that currently resides in me.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think a lot before speaking as my train of thought operates much quicker than my tongue. But I would argue that I also speak before thinking, because when my thoughts leave my mind through my mouth as words and sentences it conjures up new thoughts in my mind. An endless circle.
Whether I prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions depends on the people involved. I absolutely detest one-on-one communication when the other person is someone I don't know well or just don't like. Though, if it's a boyfriend or very close friend I really enjoy it. It's vice versa with the group discussions. I would rather be in a group discussion than one-on-one when strangers are involved as I don't have to keep the conversation going. It means that I feel no pressure to "perform" which relaxes me in those situations - and it can make me more outgoing.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I feel uncomfortable when I don't know where I'm jumping before I do it. For that reason I also really dislike surprises and change of plans. But I would like to be more spontaneous and live more in the present - it just doesn't come naturally to me at all.
Sometimes action speaks louder than words - and sometimes it's the other way around. When it comes to affection I'm a fan of actions rather than words, as I feel like words can often be empty in that regard. I also feel uncomfortable with verbally expressing my feelings.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would most likely stay at home. As I said I don't like when plans change suddenly and luckily my friends know that by now so they always "book" me well in advance.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
First of all, I become extremely introverted. When I'm stressed out I don't have the energy to be around people at all and I focus on getting other tasks done, like studying.
If I'm stressed out and someone pushes me over the edge, I can explode in rage. I don't like showing that kind of raw emotion when I'm around people, so I think that's also why I tend to isolate myself.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
A lot of things! I really dislike people who are incompetent, conservative, too predictable, too unpredictable, impolite, overemotional, whiny, narrow-minded, materialistic, irresponsible and arrogant (when they have no reason to be). In summary I dislike when other people can't live up to my "standards" and expectations.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Yes, quite a lot of things. I'm up for almost everything except feelings, sports and politics. Most of all I like talking about myself... Other than that I enjoy discussing both serious and crazy matters. I like discussions as long as nobody tries to shove their own opinions down somebody else's throat. Though, the best discussions are when my arguments make other people at least reflect on their own opinion.
I actually also like gossiping with my close friends as I feel like I grow closer to them when we share our thoughts about people we dislike.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Other people's opinions of me.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I have been described as "bad-ass", unforgiving, smart, quick-witted, equipped with dark humour, alluring, quick to annoy, hard-working, quirky, independent, analytical and probably much more I can't remember right now.
I don't think I'm as smart as they make me seem, but I guess that's because I tend to focus on what I don't know (yet) and they focus on what I do know.
My friends would probably never say that I'm a dishonest person, but I can be at times.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
First of all, I would sleep in. Then I would go online, read articles about interesting things (at the moment that would be MBTI) and probably also play a couple of computer games with my boyfriend. For dinner I would go out with one of my friends and we would spend a few hours just talking. Back home I would completely immerse myself in one of my ongoing projects while listening to music. Before I went to bed I would watch an episode of some TV series - preferably a comedy which helps my brain relax.

I'm looking forward to hearing your verdicts! You're also welcome to ask me more questions.