• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In need of opinions

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm curios of what you guys think my mbti type is based on both function and letter. So far almost everyone I've asked assumes that I am some sort of ExTx, with one person saying I'm ISTJ(some nerve). Personally I fancy myself as an ENTP with ESTP tendencies that acts more INTJ in uncomfortable situations. I'd like you guy's opinions on my type, since I seen threads on this and other forums that were based upon typing a group of tv show characters or celebrity and I've also been fascinated by what it would be like to have a thread like that based on me. Ask me whatever questions you need. I'll answer all of them as honestly and naturally as I can. Please no stereotypes, and try your best to act like I never told you what I've been typed as, so that way it can be the most accurate it can be.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I came to see what's this thread about onions until I noticed my mistake.

Well I think I'll make my stay worthwhile. I'm giving suggestions which answers might be related to certain types.

What's your attitude towards repetitive tasks?
-Do you like them? (J)
-Do you just tolerate them? (P)
-The dullness of repetitive tasks is excruciating! You do not even tolerate them! (E, P)
-Is it more like that you recognize the the value of repetition and use it sparingly (I, N, J)
-You grudgingly accept that for sake of efficiency some dull tasks must be repeated (N)

What do you think of getting new experiences and novel ideas?
-in your opinion, new ideas can be intellectually refreshing (N)
-you just welcome the stimulation that comes with doing something new, and it doesn't have to be intellectual (E, S)
-you'd rather stay calm than seek new experiences (I, S, J)
-people who seek new experiences annoy the heck out of you (I, J)
-you seek a high level of stimulation, but you like to be mindful about it (E, N)
-you dont seek new experiences for their own sake (I, J)
-you often do new things to test a theory (ENTP)
-you act first and only form a theory as an afterthought, if at all (ESTP)

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do I like repetitive tasks? Hate them. I'd rather be given nothing but a stick and a piece of string and forced to fight a wombat, at least that way it would be a great test of my creativity and my athletic ability. In fact, sometimes my mother has to practically hit me over the head with a frying pan to get me to do them.

My opinion on novel ideas? Love em. I would rather study something like astronomy than math or English. I value creativity and competence, and ideas are a show of that. While they don't have to be completely intellectual, as long as they are new and interesting, they intrigue me. I ultimately prefer to come up with my own ideas however and will often shut down any help when I am doing something due to the thrill of the challenge.
I came to see what's this thread about onions until I noticed my mistake.

Well I think I'll make my stay worthwhile. I'm giving suggestions which answers might be related to certain types.

What's your attitude towards repetitive tasks?
-Do you like them? (J)
-Do you just tolerate them? (P)
-The dullness of repetitive tasks is excruciating! You do not even tolerate them! (E, P)
-Is it more like that you recognize the the value of repetition and use it sparingly (I, N, J)
-You grudgingly accept that for sake of efficiency some dull tasks must be repeated (N)

What do you think of getting new experiences and novel ideas?
-in your opinion, new ideas can be intellectually refreshing (N)
-you just welcome the stimulation that comes with doing something new, and it doesn't have to be intellectual (E, S)
-you'd rather stay calm than seek new experiences (I, S, J)
-people who seek new experiences annoy the heck out of you (I, J)
-you seek a high level of stimulation, but you like to be mindful about it (E, N)
-you dont seek new experiences for their own sake (I, J)
-you often do new things to test a theory (ENTP)
-you act first and only form a theory as an afterthought, if at all (ESTP)

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
It might be helpful to fill out one of the questionnaires and provide more information for people to type you.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It might be helpful to fill out one of the questionnaires and provide more information for people to type you.

I have no idea what you're talking about or how to get to them, and besides I'd rater make up my own questions, because I invent, not refer.

I have no idea what information you're looking for however, although I assume that you are looking for how I perceive and process information, and how I make decisions, but I believe strongly in letting others do their own thing and not forcing my ideas onto others, so go ahead and ask me what you need to know.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for pointing that out, now I will answer.

What makes you angry? I get most angry when human beings cannot exercise their free will because of age, race, gender, or because the incompetent fool in charge of them simply does not understand the beauty of the human race

What do you like and dislike about people? I dislike people that are controlling, yet don't have the creative capacity to be worthy of being in charge. I like them when they are helpful to others and let them exercise their rights

Do you like animals and why? I like animals because most of them can be very useful to society, from guard dogs, to rides, to basically just a plate of meat.

What do you like most about your favorite people? I like the I can count of them for almost anything and that we share certain beliefs.

What do you like and dislike about yourself? I like that I have exceptional ability in almost everything, but hate that I am in college yet have never dated, never worked, and don't even have my permit.

Do you care about fashion and why? Fashion is the least of my concern. It is for rich snobs that couldn't fend for themselves. Besides, I am more concerned about my ability than my appearance.

Do you prefer to fit in or stand out? My definition of fitting in is being the average person, a conformist that doesn't think outside what his or her social group thinks. I don't want to be like that, I want to be extraordinary.

Favorite activities? I like anything that sparks creativity, any type of combat sport, typology, astronomy, and pretty much anything that doesn't involve sitting inside my room and reading a cookbook.

What makes you feel secure? Honestly, I am most secure when in a relationship, because it gives me a purpose in life and a way to use my creativity and connect physically and emotionally with a girl.

Do you like being in a relationship? I'm not gonna bother with this. Read the above.

What do you love and why? I love girls, creative pursuits , adventure, and action because thy are what I most desire in life. I care little about material possesions and the things I want most in life cannot even be thought of bein bought with money.

What do you spend most of your time thinking about? Mainly my number one interest, which is typology at the moment. I also like to visualize myself in different social or combat situations and how I would deal with them.

How much have you changed over the years and how were you as a child? As a small child I was ambitious and a perfectionist-most likely because I had Aspergers- but later in life I started developing my own identity apart from my syndrome. I grew into a dreamer that often got into trouble because of his less developed regard for feelings and thirst for revenge against the people who troubled me. I think I even went insane at one point. As I grew into an older teen I became more extraverted and aware of my surroundings and taught myself martial arts, which I grew to love. I learned martial arts mainly as a way to feel more powerful than all the guys that were labeled as attractive, so that way I could look at them and think, "baha what a loser, I'd bust up his pretty face like a bull trampels a rose"

Sorry for the short responses, don't get the idea that I'm introverted, I love people, I just didn't feel like typing a book.

Welcome to the forum, [MENTION=24567]Kensei[/MENTION]!

Here are the questionnaires that [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] was likely referring to:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/72050-questionnaire-compilation-thread.html

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Kensei please answer the following questions, please try to elaborate in your answers.

Tell us about your personal values.

Why is it important to be creative?

If you were 'extraordinary' what would that look like?

What is it that you like about typology and astronomy?

If you were feeling drained and needed to recharge, would you prefer to spend time with other people or would you rather spend time by yourself? Assume that you would be able to choose the activity and the people in either case.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Personal values- I am a christian, because I believe that theism is the only logical explanation for how the world was created. I also believe in ultimate freedom and that parenting should be about loving and guiding your child, not controlling every aspect of his or her life just to bring him or her up to be exactly like you. I want children to develop their own values and personality

Why is it inportant to be creative? Because creativity is what brought this world to the way it is today. Without creativity or imagination, we wouldn't have a trace of the technology or entertainment we have today, we would basically be cavemen with no purpose or drive and the whole world would be survival of the fittest.

What I mean by extraordinary is being a great hero, or at least someone with a significant impact on something. If I fell into a portal that sent me to a world without me, I would want to see people starving and helpless and ruled by a tyrant. I would want to be the reason people live and breath in safety today. Plus I also wouldn't mind having a cool cape and various super human abilities.

I like typology because it helps me understand people and how they function, and it helps me understand myself. Sometimes I am reluctant to accept a certain type because it would take half the purpose away from me, I often change my type.

I like astronomy because I was always intrigued by the possibility of alien life somewhere in the bast reaches of the universe. I the mechanical part of ir boring and repetitive, but everything else about it, from the planets to the ships, is fascinating.
Also if this helps, heres a convo with my INFJ brother via texting:

Bro: ...mineplex...

Me: what do you mean mineplex? Is that some sort of website?

Bro: server

Me: oh a server! Servers are great, they are more fun than playing by yourself. Plus there's a variety of games you can play, all you do on a single player world is sit around, maybe kill some zombies and then shag a sheep.

Bro: ...Hypixel...

Me: let me guess, another server, or is it a greeting to a guy named pixel :p

Bro: F****n retard

Me: at least I can pass an algebra quiz :p by the way, did you check your head, I think you're out of gas. Better go to insult school and fill it up.

Bro: At least im not a nerd im a GAMER

Me: yo mama's so fat, that she lost 400 lbs when she bore you, oh, wait that has more to do with you lil bro.

Bro: yo mama cough cough exuse me you are so stupid you made a appointment with dr pepper P.S FUCK YOU

Me: Dr pepper is still smarter than you, he has a PhD. He's a doctor for crying out loud.

Bro: Before i say this i need to say somthing i hope you get shot and your hair catches on fire and you die in a hole ok i am ready you are so stupid you tried to climb mtn dew

Me: NONE OF YOUR JOKES MAKE ANY SENSE ASDFGHJKL! Oh and btw I'd climb mountain dew just to prove to you that I am the the alpha male and you are the mega puss

Bro:at least im not bi

Me: what? Bi handed? My left goes to your throat and my right goes in your jaw :eek: or maybe you meant bi brained, because I am a creative genius and a quick witted speaker at the same time. Or perhaps you were just saying that as a psychological defense, labeling me as a mirror image of what you really are.

Bro: hits me with a stuffed turtle repeatedly.

Bro:you say the most pathetic things
Btw stop flirting with me!

Me: I'm not flirting, I'm looking deep into your dark soul and revealing what a complete nutzo you are.

Kensei please answer the following questions, please try to elaborate in your answers.

Tell us about your personal values.

Why is it important to be creative?

If you were 'extraordinary' what would that look like?

What is it that you like about typology and astronomy?

If you were feeling drained and needed to recharge, would you prefer to spend time with other people or would you rather spend time by yourself? Assume that you would be able to choose the activity and the people in either case.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
You missed the last question:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Honestly I would rather be around people and would pick them over being alone, being alone is boring af. However, I once in awhile need a break from other people's crap just like anyone else that's human. Extraverted or introverted.
You missed the last question:

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I lean ENFP, which is consistent with the Big Five type in your signature.

For a discussion of why it makes more sense to type yourself by way of the dichotomies than by way of the functions, see this post.

That post includes a link to the official "Step I" MBTI, and I'd be curious to see your scores.

It also includes profile roundups for the four IN types, and I've put the four EN types in this spoiler:

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
That was what I got the first time I've taken the mbti, but I realized that I am actually more of a thinker because I do what I think is right, what my conscience tells me, not what is sentimental or empathetic. Oh and btw I took the test you posted, got ENTP, like I always get when I take the test seriously instead of roleplaying.

I lean ENFP, which is consistent with the Big Five type in your signature.

For a discussion of why it makes more sense to type yourself by way of the dichotomies than by way of the functions, see this post.

That post includes a link to the official "Step I" MBTI, and I'd be curious to see your scores.

It also includes profile roundups for the four IN types, and I've put the four EN types in this spoiler:

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here's my assessment of your type:

Do I like repetitive tasks? Hate them.
Seems P.

My opinion on novel ideas? Love em. I would rather study something like astronomy than math or English. I value creativity and competence, and ideas are a show of that. While they don't have to be completely intellectual, as long as they are new and interesting, they intrigue me. I ultimately prefer to come up with my own ideas however and will often shut down any help when I am doing something due to the thrill of the challenge.
Could be SP.

What makes you angry? I get most angry when human beings cannot exercise their free will because of age, race, gender, or because the incompetent fool in charge of them simply does not understand the beauty of the human race
Seems FP.

What do you like and dislike about people? I dislike people that are controlling, yet don't have the creative capacity to be worthy of being in charge. I like them when they are helpful to others and let them exercise their rights
Seems FP.

Personal values- I am a christian, because I believe that theism is the only logical explanation for how the world was created. I also believe in ultimate freedom and that parenting should be about loving and guiding your child, not controlling every aspect of his or her life just to bring him or her up to be exactly like you. I want children to develop their own values and personality
Seems FP.

What I mean by extraordinary is being a great hero, or at least someone with a significant impact on something. If I fell into a portal that sent me to a world without me, I would want to see people starving and helpless and ruled by a tyrant. I would want to be the reason people live and breath in safety today. Plus I also wouldn't mind having a cool cape and various super human abilities.
Seems SP.

I like astronomy because I was always intrigued by the possibility of alien life somewhere in the bast reaches of the universe. I the mechanical part of ir boring and repetitive, but everything else about it, from the planets to the ships, is fascinating.
Seems SP.

Honestly I would rather be around people and would pick them over being alone, being alone is boring af. However, I once in awhile need a break from other people's crap just like anyone else that's human. Extraverted or introverted.
Seems E.

There is plenty of Fi in your responses, so I do no believe that you have a thinking preference.

I am typing you as ESFP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For Enneagram I would guess 7w8. MBTI you seem very strongly ExxP. [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION]'s arguments for Fi are convincing, so I lean ExFP.

Not to mention:
I realized that I am actually more of a thinker because I do what I think is right, what my conscience tells me, not what is sentimental or empathetic
This is incredibly Fi.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow... If I try my very best to show Ti and I get typed as Fi, I must really be Fi. I guess I'll take your arugument for Fi. So I know I'm ExFP, but am I Se-Dom or Ne-Dom? I know and Ne are both novelty seeking functions, l so I could be both. Plus [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] didn't really make a valud argument about the Se-Dom. I try to be creative, yet I love action and adventure, those traits are from
Both.
For Enneagram I would guess 7w8. MBTI you seem very strongly ExxP. [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION]'s arguments for Fi are convincing, so I lean ExFP.

Not to mention:

This is incredibly Fi.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow... If I try my very best to show Ti and I get typed as Fi, I must really be Fi. I guess I'll take your arugument for Fi. So I know I'm ExFP, but am I Se-Dom or Ne-Dom? I know and Ne are both novelty seeking functions, l so I could be both. Plus [MENTION=24431]robert666[/MENTION] didn't really make a valud argument about the Se-Dom. I try to be creative, yet I love action and adventure, those traits are from
Both.
Which of these do you relate to more?

The Form of the Inferior - ENP

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...itive-functions/29154-form-inferior-esps.html

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, both of these seem to describe me with about 50% accuracy. Neither of them make sense to me. This is what happens every time I constanrly move back and forth between type descriptions, I think one describes me, then the other seems to describe me just as much. I think these decriptions should highlight individual type traits more so that people can flat out make a decision.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
So far I think I'm going with ENFP because although I'm assertive when I need to be, I can be very introverted for an extravert. Plus I prefer to come up with a unique way of expressing myself, or else I feel dead and dull. A Se user would prefer to go with what they see and hear.