• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I doing it wrong? (Socionics + MBTI)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been familiar with MBTI for a while, and I know im an SFJ (Not sure if I'm more Fe or Si and therefore bounce between thinking I'm an ESFJ or an ISFJ. I'll settle one of these days) but I feel pretty confident with my type (or the two I've narrowed it down to anyways). TBH I don't understand much about Socionics but I do know that the whole j/p thing is different between the two systems so sometimes people's types are different in Socionics than their MBTI type.

I took the Socionics test and Got EIE (ENFj). And I'm thinking... did I do something wrong? I've taken it multiple times, weeks apart for consistency, and I'm being completely honest with my answers as I do with all tests so I can try and get the most accurate result, but still I'm thinking... Really? How did this happen? The Fe I get, I'm Fe. But having Ni? I don't see it. I don't understand. Is it even possible to do the test "wrong" if you were being as honest as humanly possible? Like... someone try to explain this to me. I already don't understand Socionics very well but is it possible to be an xSFJ in MBTI and an ENFj in Socionics or am I just confused? (I mean, I am confused)

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Yo I dont know jack shit about socionics but what's your reasoning behind u being SFJ? bored, sleep deprived , and somewhat curious :D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yo I dont know jack shit about socionics but what's your reasoning behind u being SFJ? bored, sleep deprived , and somewhat curious :D

100% confident that I'm Si/Ne and like 90% confident that I'm Fe/Ti, just not sure if my Fe or my Si is stronger. Every test I've taken types me as an xSFJ, typing myself going in with a completely open mind I came out with xSFJ, and even when I began to doubt myself people on here assured me that I'm an xSFJ (or actually, they assured me that I'm Fe, since I was unsure about that for a while). I don't even necessarily like being an SFJ, I just accept that I am one. At the same time though I feel like SFJs are better people than I really am lol. I don't really know Socionics but I'm like completely sure I have little to no Ni in me whatsoever and that's what's throwing me off

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - You aren't doing anything "wrong." If it means anything, certain tests always give me the same results. But comparing these tests to each other, I get wildly different results. For example, in the TeamTechnology test, I always score ISFX. In the Humanmetrics test, I always score ISTJ.

If you think you're SFJ, you're SFJ. There's no need to debate it. The test can't know you and interact with you.

That being said...if you compare yourself to everyone around you, how do your energy levels compare? That is, would you say that you have a higher or lower energy than the average population? It also might help to think about what other others see when they look at you. Note that this won't work if you have a chronic illness, depression, etc. However, this really seems to be the easiest way to determine I vs E, imo.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] - You aren't doing anything "wrong." If it means anything, certain tests always give me the same results. But comparing these tests to each other, I get wildly different results. For example, in the TeamTechnology test, I always score ISFX. In the Humanmetrics test, I always score ISTJ.

If you think you're SFJ, you're SFJ. There's no need to debate it. The test can't know you and interact with you.

That being said...if you compare yourself to everyone around you, how do your energy levels compare? That is, would you say that you have a higher or lower energy than the average population? It also might help to think about what other others see when they look at you. Note that this won't work if you have a chronic illness, depression, etc. However, this really seems to be the easiest way to determine I vs E, imo.

I guess that's true, it certainly could depend entirely on the test. The one I was taking was the "popular" one linked to in the socionics part of the forum that has the sliders. True that an online test can't know you better than you can know yourself but I always want outside opinions lol I'm never satisfied with just my own answer. Of course I'd also have an open mind if anyone had good reason to suspect I WASN'T an SFJ, but I've basically resigned myself to it since I always, always test as that on EVERY mbti test and have also typed myself as such when learning about the functions going in with no conclusions. Also, as to the last part, I would consider myself an introvert, but--yeah, depression. Runs in my entire family. Also social interaction doesn't so much drain me as make me anxious to go catch up on things I need to "do" (aka my "recreational chores" that I do every day--I want to watch an episode of this show, read a chapter of such and such book, etc.) Very hard for me to figure out. I'm energized by being around my friends but anything "work" or "stranger" related drains me. Of course I can't know if that's because of depression, past trauma, or if it's just solid introversion.

/DG/

Also, as to the last part, I would consider myself an introvert, but--yeah, depression. Runs in my entire family.
Yeah, then I'm not sure about it.

Also social interaction doesn't so much drain me as make me anxious to go catch up on things I need to "do" (aka my "recreational chores" that I do every day--I want to watch an episode of this show, read a chapter of such and such book, etc.) Very hard for me to figure out. I'm energized by being around my friends but anything "work" or "stranger" related drains me. Of course I can't know if that's because of depression, past trauma, or if it's just solid introversion.

Ugh...I absolutely HATE when people describe introversion vs. extroversion as "drained by people" and "energized by people." NO NO NO! This doesn't make any sense! Interactions with the wrong sort of people will drain anyone--introvert or extrovert. And EVERYONE needs social interaction. We are humans, not solitary tigers. Unless you have something like schizoid or antisocial personality disorder, everyone needs people in their lives, no matter how much they try to convince themselves otherwise. I am an introvert and I am MOST DEFINITELY energized by people. I like my alone time, but I also like to socialize with the right sort of people. The difference is that I have a very low energy (I have never been all that excitable), am fine to let others dominate the scenario if I have nothing to say, etc.

So in regards to the above, I wouldn't say it's due to any sort of abnormal process. What you describe is simply called "being human."

Unfortunately, it doesn't put you any closer to answering the question.

Though I suppose since depression is in a way a part of you, you could type yourself as ISFJ, but it's really up to you. I don't really know how antidepressants affect anything either.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, then I'm not sure about it.

Ugh...I absolutely HATE when people describe introversion vs. extroversion as "drained by people" and "energized by people." NO NO NO! This doesn't make any sense! Interactions with the wrong sort of people will drain anyone--introvert or extrovert. And EVERYONE needs social interaction. We are humans, not solitary tigers. Unless you have something like schizoid or antisocial personality disorder, everyone needs people in their lives, no matter how much they try to convince themselves otherwise. I am an introvert and I am MOST DEFINITELY energized by people. I like my alone time, but I also like to socialize with the right sort of people. The difference is that I have a very low energy (I have never been all that excitable), am fine to let others dominate the scenario if I have nothing to say, etc.

So in regards to the above, I wouldn't say it's due to any sort of abnormal process. What you describe is simply called "being human."

Unfortunately, it doesn't put you any closer to answering the question.

Though I suppose since depression is in a way a part of you, you could type yourself as ISFJ, but it's really up to you. I don't really know how antidepressants affect anything either.

I don't take them. Actually I don't do anything about it except kinda live with it. You also bring up a really good point about the I/E thing that I never really thought about. No idea whether I'd be high energy or low energy without it. Obviously as of now I'd say low energy. Yeah, I see now why depression makes it really hard to make that distinction. A five hour shift at work wipes me out lol. I work in customer service for a grocery store chain.

/DG/

I don't take them. Actually I don't do anything about it except kinda live with it. You also bring up a really good point about the I/E thing that I never really thought about. No idea whether I'd be high energy or low energy without it. Obviously as of now I'd say low energy. Yeah, I see now why depression makes it really hard to make that distinction.

Hmm...well what about this...

Do you think you've always had depression? What about when you were younger? If you think there was ever a time where you felt like you didn't have depression, were you still low energy?

A five hour shift at work wipes me out lol. I work in customer service for a grocery store chain.

Blech. I would die.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm...well what about this...

Do you think you've always had depression? What about when you were younger? If you think there was ever a time where you felt like you didn't have depression, were you still low energy?

Blech. I would die.

I was more hyperactive as a child. I don't remember a lot of what I did when I was a kid but I was obnoxious, at least around friends. I've definitely slowed down since then. So I'd probably say, while I'm not sure if it had or hadn't been developed at that point, for what it's worth, I USED to have a lot more energy.

Also, I've only worked there for about a month but it's not totally bad. I don't get a lot of rude customers. It's mostly just lottery tickets, money orders and returns... the job itself is fine. It's more of the management I have a problem with :dry: But hey, I should just be happy to be employed. I had been job hunting for a month with no luck.

Cygnus

Socionics - the16types.info - Information Elements: Descriptions by Functions
the16types said:
Fe as Leading Function

The individual is always in tune to the unifying and harmonizing aspects in the constant flow of reality that he perceives surrounding him, and responds to these sensitively, spontaneously and directly. He seeks out and creates activities where people are totally invested and engaged in what they are doing, as well as concepts and ideals that will allow people to feel united in their values and purpose. Something's value for him is directly tied to how much coactive zeal it inspires. He is highly proactive about steering the flow of events into the direction he himself considers ideal. He may, for example, try to lighten a tense atmosphere with jokes and optimistic statements, as happens in case of ESE, or, conversely, get people to be serious and concentrated if they are too carefree during a crisis situation or try to instill a sense of purpose if they are too demotivated as happens in case of EIE. Nevertheless, he believes in full investment, for him there are no half-measures.

This may help. ESFJs tend to enjoy softening up emotionally tense atmospheres (instilling lightheartedness), while ENFJs tend to increase emotional gravity in times of crises in order to make people mobilize.

Also:
Se as Mobilizing Function (EIE, LIE)

This individual feels that he needs support of others to provide the gusto and motivation for his endeavors. The individual tends to feel capable of achieving his goals, but he first hesitate and trying to think of possible outcomes instead of moving forward, and thus miss out on opportunities which he comes to regret later. He is passively perceptive and evaluative of the external physical conditions, but is lacking in ability to forcefully change them, instead relying on others to do this for him. This makes him seem somewhat unsure and dependent on other's activities and volitional activities to mobilize himself. Nevertheless this individual is usually quite competitive and enjoys being involved in challenging endeavors to see his will and personal abilities develop as he overcomes obstacles together with other people.
Ne as Mobilizing Function (ESE, LSE)

The individual deeply appreciates people who are able to easily transverse the sea of information and keep themselves informed, who readily form opinions about what they have just seen or read, and who like voicing and discussing hypothetical proposals, ideas, and go on imaginative tangents. Such individuals provide them with a sense of connectedness to what is happening "out there in the world" and allow them to keep up with all the new developments and options. Even if this information cannot be applied practically at the present moment, they appreciate being made aware of what could be because they are often all too aware of what is. Such an individual is even more grateful to people who provide insightful ideas and voice unconventional notions that could enhance what he is working on or going through at the present moment.
If you identify with the top of these two textwalls, you may have Se as your Mobilizing function, the equivalent of the third function in MBTI. You would be ENFJ.

If you identify with the bottom of these two textwalls, you may have Ne as your Mobilizing function, which would indicate ESFJ.

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think one of the best ways to find your socionics type is to find which quadra you identify with most. ISFp(MBTI ISFJ) and ESFj are both Alpha Quadra and value Fe/Si/Ne/Ti. Beta Quadra, which includes ENFj values Fe/Se/Ti/Ni.
Alpha- Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion
Beta- Beta Quadra - Wikisocion

Also, if you are ENFj, your dual is ISTj(MBTI ISTP). If you are ESFj, your dual is INTj(MBTI INTP) and ISFp's (MBTI ISFJ) dual is ENTp. These are supposed to be the best relationships.

ENFj is Ti seeking
ESFj is Ti seeking
ISFp is Ne seeking

Also, ENFj is Si PoLR, ESFj is Ni PoLR, and ISFp is Te PoLR. Point of least resistance, or your weakest area.

P in Socionics= irrationality
J= Rationality

You can also decide which you identify with most here: Rationality and irrationality - Wikisocion

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=20944]Cygnus[/MENTION]: Parts of both resonate with me, but overall the second one clicks with me more, I think.

I think one of the best ways to find your socionics type is to find which quadra you identify with most. ISFp(MBTI ISFJ) and ESFj are both Alpha Quadra and value Fe/Si/Ne/Ti. Beta Quadra, which includes ENFj values Fe/Se/Ti/Ni.
Alpha- Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion
Beta- Beta Quadra - Wikisocion

Also, if you are ENFj, your dual is ISTj(MBTI ISTP). If you are ESFj, your dual is INTj(MBTI INTP) and ISFp's (MBTI ISFJ) dual is ENTp. These are supposed to be the best relationships.

ENFj is Ti seeking
ESFj is Ti seeking
ISFp is Ne seeking

Also, ENFj is Si PoLR, ESFj is Ni PoLR, and ISFp is Te PoLR. Point of least resistance, or your weakest area.

P in Socionics= irrationality
J= Rationality

You can also decide which you identify with most here: Rationality and irrationality - Wikisocion

I definitely would be the J. Also, I'd say I identify more with the Alpha Quadra using the reading you provided.
Also, I must add, some disagree with the j/p switch.
J/P switch - Wikisocion

Why must everything be complicated lol
Thanks for sharing this. I've got some reading to do

Violet Rose

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=20944]Cygnus[/MENTION]: Parts of both resonate with me, but overall the second one clicks with me more, I think.

I definitely would be the J. Also, I'd say I identify more with the Alpha Quadra using the reading you provided.

Why must everything be complicated lol
Thanks for sharing this. I've got some reading to do

No problem! You seemed to me more Alpha from your posts in your thread. If you do find yourself having a problem deciding between the two Alpha SF's, ESFj (ESE) or ISFp (SEI), or considering something else, you can always go by temperament, too. But if you identify with rational and Alpha, you are probably ESFj or ESFJ.

ESFj-
EJ temperament - Wikisocion

ISFp-
IP temperament - Wikisocion

Also, there is Reinin Dichotomies to help distinguish the difference between types. The Alpha SF's have quite a few differences in Dichotomies.

Dichotomies - Wikisocion

•SEI
ISFp
carefree*
yielding*
dynamic
democratic
strategic*
emotivist*
negativist *
judicious
merry
process*
declaring

•ESE
ESFj
farsighted*
obstinate*
dynamic
democratic
tactical*
constructivist*
positivist*
judicious
merry
result*
declaring

Reinin Dichotomies 'test' (might make things easier):
Sociotypograph — determine sociotype

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No problem! You seemed to me more Alpha from your posts in your thread. If you do find yourself having a problem deciding between the two Alpha SF's, ESFj (ESE) or ISFp (SEI), or considering something else, you can always go by temperament, too. But if you identify with rational and Alpha, you are probably ESFj or ESFJ.

ESFj-
EJ temperament - Wikisocion

ISFp-
IP temperament - Wikisocion

Also, there is Reinin Dichotomies to help distinguish the difference between types. The Alpha SF's have quite a few differences in Dichotomies.

Dichotomies - Wikisocion

•SEI
ISFp
carefree*
yielding*
dynamic
democratic
strategic*
emotivist*
negativist *
judicious
merry