• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do I figure out whether I am Ä°ntroverted or Extraverted?

Theuniquezebra

MBTI Type
*ntp
Enneagram
5w6
Hey everybody!

I have done all the tests I could find for finding out my type. I know that I am -NTP but I really can't figure out whether I am introverted or extraverted. I sometimes get Ä°ntp and sometimes Entp from the tests.
I can say that my Ne is really good and I get energy from bein with other people but it's really hard for me to speak with someone for the first time. I can't make friends easily and I'm scared that I'll have to have a one-by-one conversation with someone. But at the same time debating is my favorite thing-when I'm with people I know. My friends all generally extraverts as well.
I'd call myself an extravert if i didn't such hard time making new friends or talking to someone new.
I'll be really happy if someone helps me

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
It's more likely that you're an ENTP as they are more mentally flexible and are more prone to variance in testing.

The question is, do you define? If the answer is a high percentage for yes then perhaps you buck the trend and are an INTP.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
[MENTION=24523]Theuniquezebra[/MENTION] - Step back for a moment and compare yourself to everyone you have ever interacted with. Think about how someone else would describe you. How are your energy levels most of the time? If you have fairly higher energy levels compared to the average person, you are most likely extraverted. If you have fairly lower energy levels compared to the average person, you are most likely introverted. Note that this does not apply if you have a chronic illness or depression that would affect this.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Figure out your focus- is it external or internal- that's the difference.

An NTP will have aspects of both External possibilities and a subjective logical framework (How things work).

ENTP prefers the external possibilities over the framework
INTP prefers the framework over the possibilities.

robert666

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you were feeling drained and needed to recover, which would you prefer?
  • Doing something you enjoy with people that you like. You can choose the activity and the people.
  • Doing something you enjoy by yourself. You can choose the activity.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
You sound like an extrovert to me. You might just have anxiety. I think anxious extroverts might come off as introverts, or think they are introverts, because of the anxiety.

seradane

MBTI Type
INFJ
ENs often appear and feel less 'extraverted' than your ESs, too, which is what many people compare to when we talk about extraversion. ENTPs still need some downtime to recover. If you were an INTP I suspect there wouldn't be a question - they are generally very introverted.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
ENs often appear and feel less 'extraverted' than your ESs, too, which is what many people compare to when we talk about extraversion. ENTPs still need some downtime to recover. If you were an INTP I suspect there wouldn't be a question - they are generally very introverted.

:devil:
Breaking expectations since 2000.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's more likely that you're an ENTP as they are more mentally flexible and are more prone to variance in testing.

The question is, do you define? If the answer is a high percentage for yes then perhaps you buck the trend and are an INTP.

That's irrelevant. Introversion and Extroversion are a mental and physical preference for people or not.
[MENTION=24523]Theuniquezebra[/MENTION], how 'bout this:
1. Go hang out with alot of friends from 5-9 every day a week for a week. How do you feel after that?
2. After that, go do something private without any social contact at all for a week. How do you feel?

If 1. makes you feel energized and 2. makes you feel drained, you're an Extrovert.
If 1. makes you feel drained and 2. makes you feel energized, you're an Introvert.
If they are both draining, but not totally, then you're an Ambivert.