• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any help?

DreamBeliever

I'm a living paradox. I've read countless myers briggs infirmation & still don't know my type. Let's put in this way, if someone tried to put me in a faction, I'd be divergent. I'm as clever as an ENTP, a troublemaker that loves sports like an ESxP, as sensitive as an INFx, as into causes & changing the world as an ENFJ, as into creative ways of express myself as an ENFP/ISFP, as into pleasing & taking care of people as an xSFJ, as into wanting to run a business & be a manager as an ExTJ, as into research as an INTP, as rebellious as an ISTP, & so forth & so on. I know I'm making generalizations of types, but I never feel like I fit in/fully connect to anything that other people write online or any of the mbti descriptions. How could nothing truly resonate with me? Like one part of something or one post by someone else will sound so like me, & then other things on/people of that type will sound like they're from a completely different planet from myself. Other online people seem to just click & get it, & I'm here like stuck on an island throwing out bottles with notes in them just to get nothing back. I really try, but I constantly get different responses from other people & even keep tripping up myself, because there's so many different aspects of myself I don't know what ones to highlight. By now I can even tell what type people are going to say based on how I describe myself. My description will be completely true, but still only like 10% of myself. I mean, how could someone really get a holistic view of someone just based on a couple typed sentences?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I still think you are likely an IFJ based on what you've said earlier (and even your avatar points to F).

I know everyone says to read type descriptions, but this is an extremely poor way to go about it imo. Remember, these descriptions are all going to be generalizations, meaning they vary widely depending on who is describing them and can sometimes be flat out incorrect. I think if you were to ask everyone here, you would find that a majority of people don't fully agree with any one type description.

IMO, I don't know if anyone on this particular forum can help you narrow it down forget than I already have. You have to do some reading and introspection. Look at descriptions of Ni and Si and look at descriptions of S vs. N.

Just know that in reading descriptions of Si, you're going to hear that it is all about "traditionalism," which IMO isn't the case at all. Skip over descriptions that use this terminology.

DreamBeliever

I still think you are likely an IFJ based on what you've said earlier (and even your avatar points to F).

I know everyone says to read type descriptions, but this is an extremely poor way to go about it imo. Remember, these descriptions are all going to be generalizations, meaning they vary widely depending on who is describing them and can sometimes be flat out incorrect. I think if you were to ask everyone here, you would find that a majority of people don't fully agree with any one type description.

IMO, I don't know if anyone on this particular forum can help you narrow it down forget than I already have. You have to do some reading and introspection. Look at descriptions of Ni and Si and look at descriptions of S vs. N.

Just know that in reading descriptions of Si, you're going to hear that it is all about "traditionalism," which IMO isn't the case at all. Skip over descriptions that use this terminology.

Thanks! You've been really helpful.

I finally did break down & decided to answer a questionnaire on here, so here it is.
1-what makes you angry?
People that are inconsiderate (like people that don't hold the door for the person behind them, as an example), rude, bossy, critical, don't have a sense of humor, ignorant, too uptight, etc.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like the support & reassurance people can give, how you can enjoy things with other people & share experiences, how they can show me a good time & make me laugh, etc. What I dislike is when people put too much pressure on me, when people are overbearing, when people disregard my feelings, when people are unhelpful & more interested in themselves, when people misunderstand me or misinterpret what I said, when people have an unnecessary attitude with me, etc.
3-do you like animals? why?
Of course! They're so cute & really interesting too. I'm pretty big on animal rights too & think that people should really cut down on their meat consumption.
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
They make me feel comfortable, they do a lot & sacrifice a lot for me, they make me feel loved/appreciated, they know how weird I am & like it, etc.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
That I'm generous, laid back, considerate, free spirited, cheerful, fun, etc. I dislike how obsessive I get about things (probably mbti included), how I let people take advantage of me (like loaning people money), etc.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Yes, I love clothes & fashion, but sometimes I'm really lazy & just decide on more comfy clothes.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Both. I want people to like me & be excepted, but I also like to be original & be able to express myself.
8-what activities do you enjoy?
Sports, watching TV, playing/listening to music, going to concerts, traveling, etc.
9-what makes you feel secure?
Being around people that make me feel relaxed enough to be myself, being around good people that make me feel safe, being around people that don't judge me, etc.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I've honestly never dated anyone, so I'm not sure. I never like the guys that ask me out, so I turn them down. Why should I date someone that I don't feel a connection with? Ok, I'll say no then.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My family, myself, my passions, all the things I put under the activities I like on here, food, humanity, etc.
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Myself & my life (past, present, future), the people I'm around, things I would like to be doing/want to accomplish, shows I like at the moment, etc.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I feel like I'm pretty much the same. I've always been silly, energetic, creative, in my head, sort of a loner, compassionate but still kind of a rebel, etc.