• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

holy smokes a video thread! please help a sista out? Hi thereeee. Can't believe I'm

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
Hi thereeee. Can't believe I'm doing this but I'm desperate because I can't figure out my type and I think it would be easier for others to help me through video. Though watching it back I'm less concerned about how lame I thought i was gonna look. So that's a plus!

Sooooo. I'll probably delete it once I get an answer because I will undoubtedly get paranoid at some point that my face is on the interwebs. Nah mean?

For reference I have considered all of the NFs, as well as all of the SFs. But no freaking clue. And I think I confuse my self by answering tests as who I desire to be, not how I actually am. So help? PLEASE PLEASE

Note that I did not decorate the apartment behind me. In case you were going to use that as a clue. ;)

Another note: audio isn't synced - haha oops

Last edited:

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
Oh and by "they point you to the flower" I meant, "they point the other bees to the food source". ;)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hi there new person, welcome! Have you read anything about cognitive functions? To what extent have you looked into figuring out your type or typology in general in the past?

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
Hello! :) Thank you!

I've researched and read a ton about them, but have confused myself. I'm mostly unsure about Fe vs Fi, because I think I use both.

I have an anxiety disorder so I adapt to different situations in order to "survive" if that makes sense, therefore making typing myself real tough! I don't know who "the real me" is in that sense. Like analyzing what I would do in different situations is hard, because... it depends!

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an ENFJ.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the answer! What makes you say that?

Mannerisms, facial mimickry, your general brevity (compared to INFJ who leads with Ni) and desire for an depthy explanation instead of explicit isolated facts (so Ti instead of Te) indicates you're in Fe Ti Se Ni town, judging, NF and Fe lead instead of Ni lead. Therefore, ENFJ.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I could get on an ENFJ bandwagon.. you definitely seem very extroverted. :)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What in the world kind of reasoning is this?

Mannerisms, facial mimickry, your general brevity (compared to INFJ who leads with Ni)...

She really doesn't seem all that expressive. Maybe a bit more than others, indicating a possible ExFx type, but it's just a short video.

desire for an depthy explanation instead of explicit isolated facts (so Ti instead of Te)

Rambling is not at all indicative of type.

At any rate, I really have no idea why we have these shitty questionnaires stickied. The questions have little to nothing that would be indicative of type.

---

@Prettily - Have you ever taken a look at interaction styles (how you interact within a group)? Do you feel there is one that fits you better than others? Interaction Styles

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

She really doesn't seem all that expressive. Maybe a bit more than others, indicating a possible ExFx type, but it's just a short video.
You actually don't need to be a high energy crack addict to be a Fe lead. You're probably missing a lot of ENFJs if that's your approach. Don't knock my approach if this is your counter-reasoning.

Actually, it's a good indicator of type, you just ought to look a bit closer.

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx

At any rate, I really have no idea why we have these shitty questionnaires stickied. The questions have little to nothing that would be indicative of type.

---

@Prettily - Have you ever taken a look at interaction styles (how you interact within a group)? Do you feel there is one that fits you better than others? Interaction Styles

Hmm I can make a case for behind the scenes or get things going. Again depends on my mood, circumstances, the others in the group etc. If there are more leader oriented people in the group I let them take charge because I don't want to get stepped on. If I'm with quieter folks I will take charge and try to get people involved. If I'm PMSing (haha sorry to be so blunt but it's true) or stressed I can be more chart the course or in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually don't need to be a high energy crack addict to be a Fe lead. You're probably missing a lot of ENFJs if that's your approach. Don't knock my approach if this is your counter-reasoning.

Whoops did I ramble?

:doh:
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION], how would fi look compared to Fe? Like specifically how would fi look in an enfp or esfp?

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoops did I ramble?

:doh:
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION], how would fi look compared to Fe? Like specifically how would fi look in an enfp or esfp?

Nah, you didn't ramble.

Fe to me comes across as a more careful control and confidence in expressing emotion. Putting on a brave face, not crying in front of people if you don't want to. The key component here is choice. It's a more objective take on emotion and expression in a way. It's tied in with being able to read the external expressed mood of a person on a second-to-second level and work with that information, sometimes in an influencing way. Using a joke to lighten the mood, or staying solemn during a hard time and not looking kindly on someone being irreverent. Keeping people on the same emotional wavelength, in a way. Predominantly Fe groups (so, types that have Fe in their stack) will have a more uniform mood, whatever that mood may be.

Fi deals with emotion on a subjective level and doesn't. Support during hard times might include quiet relating, or leaving someone be, leaving them in peace, etc, rather than a concerted effort to make everyone fit a certain mood (i.e. cheerful, happy, etc). Fi types can ruin group moods based on principle, personal like/dislike of a person, so more frequently, the kind of people that'd be known as buzzkills. Predominantly Fi groups will have a less uniform mood (so, types that have Fi in their stack), as people may be feeling different ways to different things for different reasons.

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
Nah, you didn't ramble.

Fe to me comes across as a more careful control and confidence in expressing emotion. Putting on a brave face, not crying in front of people if you don't want to. The key component here is choice. It's a more objective take on emotion and expression in a way. It's tied in with being able to read the external expressed mood of a person on a second-to-second level and work with that information, sometimes in an influencing way. Using a joke to lighten the mood, or staying solemn during a hard time and not looking kindly on someone being irreverent. Keeping people on the same emotional wavelength, in a way. Predominantly Fe groups (so, types that have Fe in their stack) will have a more uniform mood, whatever that mood may be.

Fi deals with emotion on a subjective level and doesn't. Support during hard times might include quiet relating, or leaving someone be, leaving them in peace, etc, rather than a concerted effort to make everyone fit a certain mood (i.e. cheerful, happy, etc). Fi types can ruin group moods based on principle, personal like/dislike of a person, so more frequently, the kind of people that'd be known as buzzkills. Predominantly Fi groups will have a less uniform mood (so, types that have Fi in their stack), as people may be feeling different ways to different things for different reasons.

Thanks! This is the hardest distinction to make when typing myself. So this helps! But I still feel like I relate to both. Gah.

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! This is the hardest distinction to make when typing myself. So this helps! But I still feel like I relate to both. Gah.

What would you tend towards if you were in a group of say, 10 people that you knew pretty well, but not for years? Or, what do you default to when you're drinking?

Prettily

MBTI Type
xxFx
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] In a group of people I know pretty well, but not for years- I tend to observe first and then make one liners that I think will make people laugh. But it's less about them laughing and more about me wanting to be funny lol.

When I'm drinking, even just two average drinks.. I care a ton less (if at all) about what people think of me and tend to just live in the moment. I get giggly and more likely to say what im thinking than hold back. It's pretty great lol which is why I try not to get reliant on it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
When did I say this?

No it isn't. So any time someone elaborates on something it automatically equates to Ti? Okay? This is some bullshit. You can't be certain of somone's type based off some brief monologue. We're roaming into Socionics territory. Next, you'll start telling me that you've confirmed ENFJ by her facial structure or some other nonsense.

Hmm I can make a case for behind the scenes or get things going. Again depends on my mood, circumstances, the others in the group etc. If there are more leader oriented people in the group I let them take charge because I don't want to get stepped on. If I'm with quieter folks I will take charge and try to get people involved. If I'm PMSing (haha sorry to be so blunt but it's true) or stressed I can be more chart the course or in charge.
Based on this and your talk about observing first before making small statements, it sounds like you're probably a bit of an introvert. So now, I think we're at IxFx.

But as far as interaction styles go, try to think of it this way...in charge and chart the course get most annoyed when the group gets off task from the goal. Generally speaking, they're more task oriented, but this isn't always the case. (INFJs are very people oriented, but the need to keep moving toward the goal is stronger than the need for interpersonal connections, making them chart the course) Get things going and behind the scenes are a bit more casual. Getting to the goal is obviously important, but seemingly off-topic stops along the way are more welcome. Generally, these people are more people oriented, but not always. (INTPs are more task oriented, but their need to gather information and explore all possibilities makes them behind the scenes.

Obviously, stress can make you act differently than you would normally, but we're talking about preference here.

Also, behind the scenes is basically a less dominant version of get things going, whereas chart the course is a less dominant version of in charge.

Whoops did I ramble?

No, just poor wording on my choice. "Elaborating" was the better word.