• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nocapszy's Enneagram

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is it?

I don't know enough about enneagram to say shit, and I've suddenly become curious.

What enneagram am I? Don't bother asking me for a synopsis of my personality. It will be tainted, because I'm biased in observing myself.

Besides, it's not as if after having given a quick few paragraphs about myself, that anyone would really be able to thoroughly and accurately categorize me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8. Such an 8.
The closest thing you come to next to that is a really bossy 5.
It's possible that you are a 5 that seems like an 8 only because of the differences in the way a person acts online as oppose to in real life. But, you are one of the two, with behavior definitely seeming more like 8.

Incidentally, the Enneagram Institute said that the 8 is perhaps the easiest type to identify. So, that just reinforces it.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
One thing you all should know though, which I suspect hasn't quite breeched most peoples' consciousness -- I'm not nearly as austere as my demeanor might immediately suggest. I promise, it's mostly a facade...

That little point seems either to get by most people or there's just not enough evidence to tell one way or the other, so I thought I'd point it out.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
And MP is exactly the type I'm talking to.

Even despite that I think he's right, I think he might be for the wrong reasons.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And MP is exactly the type I'm talking to.

Even despite that I think he's right, I think he might be for the wrong reasons.

There's a very specific name for that... it's a class of error, but I don't remember which it is.

Austere or not, I remember you talking about interaction with... I think it was your brother, actually... You believe a lot in productive fighting.

Oh... and you hate objective morality.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
No paragraphs.

Read my blog or something...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
From what I know of you.. 8w7 or 7w8..

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
That's what the test I just took said too.
I'm not a proponent of test taking for confirmation, but I don't know enough about this bull yet to figure it out on my own.

I'd actually say I'm a 7w5.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have an idea. Tell me how I'm wrong, instead of just telling me that I'm wrong.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I say you smite him with your mind.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hey 7w8 is already mine ! xDD

I bet he is a Chess Player with wing in reflecting surfaces

But that is just a wild guess xD

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7w5 is an interesting choice because 7s and 5s are very different. I don't know exactly what one would get with two parts 7 and one part 5. You're tellins use that we get someone like you.

I say you seem a lot like an 8. I'm trying to figure out if some 7/5 mixture would logically appear to be like an 8. If it is similar, then the question is. is it similar enough to even bother calling a 7w5, or should we just call you 8 anyway?

You don't really seem to feign positivity enough to be a 7. You're too openly cynical. You don't pretend to be friendly either.

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
The problem with this system.

If it weren't for having to have the numbers connected by lines to the nearest number on either side, I'd be a 4w2, but since there isn't such an option, I'm just a 4w5. It doesn't seem as accurate, and I think the entire system is overly limited. Why shouldn't 7w5 or 4w2 be options if they seem to apply to people better than the traditionally accepted options. Would changing the rules make it more complex to figure out some other aspect of behavior?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it weren't for having to have the numbers connected by lines to the nearest number on either side, I'd be a 4w2, but since there isn't such an option, I'm just a 4w5. It doesn't seem as accurate, and I think the entire system is overly limited. Why shouldn't 7w5 or 4w2 be options if they seem to apply to people better than the traditionally accepted options. Would changing the rules make it more complex to figure out some other aspect of behavior?

Well, no. I recommend ignoring the conventional wing theory. I was just observing that of all the particular combinations, 7w5 combines two such different types that it's a little funky trying to imagine what the combination entails.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

I have little faith in the proposed inherent structures of any psychological typing system.

We don't know enough.

Jung and enneagram types themselves seem to be similar in that they don't do much other than describe a specific behavior, without expounding too greatly on specific manifestations, leaving the door open for every possibility.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Traditional format dictates that my type is closer to the 5w6 banner.

8 is closer to my normal behavior than 6. I share many more qualities with the archetypal 8 than I do with type 6.

I don't see the point in misrepresenting myself for the sake of adherence to tradition - especially within a formula constructed to test something as oblique as the Enneagram.

5w7 is how I see you.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, no. I recommend ignoring the conventional wing theory. I was just observing that of all the particular combinations, 7w5 combines two such different types that it's a little funky trying to imagine what the combination entails.

Agree.
I still say I identify with those two more than 8, though CERTAINLY 8 is next on the list.