• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

DreamBeliever

Hi everyone! I'm new here, just signed up today. I really need help finding my type. I don't like tests or questionnaires, because I feel like they're too subjective & susceptible to change, or maybe I just don't know myself good enough. Really, I think I could be any of the 16 mbti types & any of the 9 enneagram types. One thing that I do think speaks volumes about me is my favorite quotes. I've been compiling tons that I've found online or else over the last, at least, 2+ years. I was hoping if I posted them here maybe you guys could pick up a vibe from them that could help type me. I'd love some feedback.
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."- Confucius
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Gandhi
"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."- Gandhi
"God speaks in the silence of the heart. Listening is the beginning of prayer."- Mother Teresa
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"- Dr. Seuss
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells! Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."- Dr. Seuss
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile."- Marilyn Monroe
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."- Marilyn Monroe
"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them."- Marilyn Monroe
"So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."- Marilyn Monroe
"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one."- Marilyn Monroe
"I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person."- Audrey Hepburn
"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him."- Audrey Hepburn
"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."- Charlie Brown
"There's going to be times when people tell you that you can't live your dreams, this is what I tell them, Never Say Never!"- Justin Bieber
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are."- Ariana Grande
"If you are lucky enough to be different, don't ever change."- Taylor Swift
"I don't want to make money; I want to make a difference."- Lady Gaga
"Never bully anyone because Karma has everyone's address and a motherfucking stamp!"- Lady Gaga
"Loving someone who doesn't love you back is like waiting for a ship at the airport."- Zayn Malik
"I’ve always wanted to be one of those people that didn’t care much about what people thought of them, but I just don’t think I am."- Harry Styles
"Live fast, have fun, be a bit mischievous."- Louis Tomlinson
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages."- William Shakespeare
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."- Edgar Allan Poe
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently --they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do."- Steve Jobs
"Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it."- Steve Jobs
"Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young."- J.K. Rowling
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."- Plato
"Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values."- Ellen DeGeneres
"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."- The Zeitgeist Movement
"The things that have been most valuable to me I did not learn in school."- Will Smith
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained."- Walt Disney
"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
"Orange is the happiest color."- Frank Sinatra
"Carpe diem: seize the day"- Horace
"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."- Maya Angelou
"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them."- Andy Rooney
"Those who are hardest to love need it the most."- Socrates
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."- Mark Twain
"But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"- Mark Twain
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."- Mark Twain
"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."- André Gide
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."- Saint Augustine
"I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am."- Princess Diana
"The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well."- Joe Ancis
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."- Buddha
"Enthusiasm moves the world."- Arthur Balfour
"What people don't understand is that calling someone too skinny is the same as calling someone too fat; it's not a nice feeling."- Kendall Jenner
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."- Albert Pike
"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."- Bruce Lee
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."- C. S. Lewis
"Surely what a man does when he is taken off his guard is the best evidence for what sort of man he is."- C. S. Lewis
"Friendship is born at that moment when one persons says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'"- C. S. Lewis
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."- Coco Chanel
"Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is."- Jim Morrison
"All I am saying can be summed up in two words: Trust Children. Nothing could be more simple, or more difficult. Difficult because to trust children we must first learn to trust ourselves, and most of us were taught as children that we could not be trusted."- John Holt
"Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't."- Pete Seeger
"Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."- Ashley Smith
"I enjoy jokes, smiling, and making people smile. I may be a little different, but that's OK, who wants to be normal anyway?"- Tim Duncan
"Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune."- Jim Rohn
"A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure."- Charlie Chaplin
"Encouragement to others is something everyone can give. Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear. It may be your arms to encourage. It may be your smile to uplift. Who knows?"- Joel Osteen
"If you are a leader, you should never forget that everyone needs encouragement. And everyone who receives it - young or old, successful or less-than-successful, unknown or famous - is changed by it."- John C. Maxwell
"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."- Robert A. Heinlein
"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others. Be a carrier."- Tom Stoppard
"If you live a rebellious lifestyle, then you rebel against things because they go against your ideals and the integrity of who you are as a person."- Flea
"Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out."- Frank A. Clark
"No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."- Emma Goldman
"The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory."- Jonathan Kozol
"I have always had this view about the modern education system: we pay attention to brain development, but the development of warmheartedness we take for granted."- Dalai Lama
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."- Dalai Lama
"If life gives you lemons, don't settle for simply making lemonade - make a glorious scene at a lemonade stand."- Elizabeth Gilbert
"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life."- John Lennon
"Everybody is identical in their secret unspoken belief that way deep down they are different from everyone else."- David Foster Wallace
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure - which is: Try to please everybody."- Herbert Bayard Swope
"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of."- Charles Richards
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."- Braveheart
"Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak."- Rachel Zoe
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."- Joseph Campbell
"People tell you the world looks a certain way. Parents tell you how to think. Schools tell you how to think. TV. Religion. And then at a certain point, if you're lucky, you realize you can make up your own mind. You can design your own life."- Carrie-Anne Moss
"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses."- Ann Landers
"I think the most important thing in life is self-love, because if you don't have self-love, and respect for everything about your own body, your own soul, your own capsule, then how can you have an authentic relationship with anyone else?"- Shailene Woodley
"Two roads diverged in a wood and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."- Robert Frost
"I crave a love so deep the ocean would be jealous."- Khloe Kardashian
"I think at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity."- Eleanor Roosevelt
"I don't believe that old cliche that good things come to those who wait. I think good things come to those who want something so bad they can't sit still."- Ashton Kutcher
"Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots."- Victor Hugo
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."- Leo Buscaglia

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Hey there! Welcome to the forums, @DreamBeliever!

It's a bit difficult to determine one's personality when you use the words of others, but your quotes all seem to be fairly indicative of a feeling type. What if I show you some descriptions and you tell me if one feels more like you than the other? These are a bit different because they aren't descriptions of specific types.

Do either of these two feel more like you than the other?

vs.

Do you generally prefer to initiate or respond in conversations?

Initiating...

Responding...

This one is a bit more difficult to decide between, but how do you feel about directing vs. informing?

Directing...

Informing...

Once you answer these, I'll have a few more questions for ya.

DreamBeliever

Hey there! Welcome to the forums, @DreamBeliever!

It's a bit difficult to determine one's personality when you use the words of others, but your quotes all seem to be fairly indicative of a feeling type. What if I show you some descriptions and you tell me if one feels more like you than the other? These are a bit different because they aren't descriptions of specific types.

Do either of these two feel more like you than the other?

vs.

Do you generally prefer to initiate or respond in conversations?

Initiating...

Responding...

This one is a bit more difficult to decide between, but how do you feel about directing vs. informing?

Directing...

Informing...

Once you answer these, I'll have a few more questions for ya.
Thank you! I like your Mickey Avatar by the way. Ok, based on those descriptions I'd say I'm more Connecting, Responding, & Informing.

/DG/

Thank you! I like your Mickey Avatar by the way. Ok, based on those descriptions I'd say I'm more Connecting, Responding, & Informing.

Haha thanks.

Based on those responses, ISFJ seems like the fit for you. But let's try a few more descriptions to double check.

Do you feel more like behind-the-scenes or chart-the-course?

Behind-the-scenes...

Chart-the-course...

DreamBeliever

Haha thanks.

Based on those responses, ISFJ seems like the fit for you. But let's try a few more descriptions to double check.

Do you feel more like behind-the-scenes or chart-the-course?

Behind-the-scenes...

Chart-the-course...
This is possibly the hardest one for me to answer, but I'm going to go with Behind-the-scenes.

/DG/

This is possibly the hardest one for me to answer, but I'm going to go with Behind-the-scenes.

Ok, just a few more, I promise! These descriptions aren't the greatest, so I understand if you have a hard time with it or if it doesn't go along with my thinking.

1 or 2?

1 or 2?

Which one?

Protector Supporter

vs.

Foreseer Developer

DreamBeliever

Ok, just a few more, I promise! These descriptions aren't the greatest, so I understand if you have a hard time with it or if it doesn't go along with my thinking.

1 or 2?

1 or 2?

Which one?

Protector Supporter

vs.

Foreseer Developer
No prob, I trust you. I'd say 1, 2, & Foreseer Developer.

/DG/

Hmm...your earlier responses seem to indicate ISFJ, while the later ones more so indicate INFJ. I'm not entirely sure which one you are, but I think I'm leaning toward the latter. Do you have an opinion on these two?

DreamBeliever

Hmm...your earlier responses seem to indicate ISFJ, while the later ones more so indicate INFJ. I'm not entirely sure which one you are, but I think I'm leaning toward the latter. Do you have an opinion on these two?
Well I've known at least 2 ISFJs & 1 INFJ, all guys so not sure if it would make a difference that I'm a girl, but I definitely feel more like the INFJ out of them. I do know that I always felt more connected to the NF/SP archetypes than the NT/SJ ones, but I wouldn't want to rule anything out based on stereotypes.

/DG/

Well I've known at least 2 ISFJs & 1 INFJ, all guys so not sure if it would make a difference that I'm a girl, but I definitely feel more like the INFJ out of them. I do know that I always felt more connected to the NF/SP archetypes than the NT/SJ ones, but I wouldn't want to rule anything out based on stereotypes.

Yeah, I don't really like the way Si is described in most cases. Si =/= traditional! But everyone seems to think it does.

I wonder if [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] wouldn't mind coming in and giving us a better description of Si. She'll have a Te-tint to hers, though.

DreamBeliever

Yeah, I don't really like the way Si is described in most cases. Si =/= traditional! But everyone seems to think it does.

I wonder if [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] wouldn't mind coming in and giving us a better description of Si. She'll have a Te-tint to hers, though.
There's a lot of misinformation about types & functions, I think. They're perpetuated by other types, I'd say, that don't completely understand them. Sensors are painted in a bad light, it seems, especially Si & Se dominant types. That'd be great! Maybe a Te objective is just what we need. lol

DreamBeliever

Feeling up to typing?!? Ya know ya wanna ;)

1-what makes you angry?
People that are inconsiderate (like people that don't hold the door for the person behind them, as an example), rude, bossy, critical, don't have a sense of humor, ignorant, too uptight, etc.
2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like the support & reassurance people can give, how you can enjoy things with other people & share experiences, how they can show me a good time & make me laugh, etc. What I dislike is when people put too much pressure on me, when people are overbearing, when people disregard my feelings, when people are unhelpful & more interested in themselves, when people misunderstand me or misinterpret what I said, when people have an unnecessary attitude with me, etc.
3-do you like animals? why?
Of course! They're so cute & really interesting too. I'm pretty big on animal rights too & think that people should really cut down on their meat consumption.
4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
They make me feel comfortable, they do a lot & sacrifice a lot for me, they make me feel loved/appreciated, they know how weird I am & like it, etc.
5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
That I'm generous, laid back, considerate, free spirited, cheerful, fun, etc. I dislike how obsessive I get about things (probably mbti included), how I let people take advantage of me (like loaning people money), etc.
6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Yes, I love clothes & fashion, but sometimes I'm really lazy & just decide on more comfy clothes.
7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Both. I want people to like me & be excepted, but I also like to be original & be able to express myself.
8-what activities do you enjoy?
Sports, watching TV, playing/listening to music, going to concerts, traveling, etc.
9-what makes you feel secure?
Being around people that make me feel relaxed enough to be myself, being around good people that make me feel safe, being around people that don't judge me, etc.
10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I've honestly never dated anyone, so I'm not sure. I never like the guys that ask me out, so I turn them down. Why should I date someone that I don't feel a connection with? Ok, I'll say no then.
11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My family, myself, my passions, all the things I put under the activities I like on here, food, humanity, etc.
12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Myself & my life (past, present, future), the people I'm around, things I would like to be doing/want to accomplish, shows I like at the moment, etc.
13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I feel like I'm pretty much the same. I've always been silly, energetic, creative, in my head, sort of a loner, compassionate but still kind of a rebel, etc.

Feel free to ask me any extra questions. :) I welcome any suggestions, any methods, etc. so have at it! C'mon smarty pants' help a girl out.

DreamBeliever

Don't be shy people, I only bite on Wednesdays. You don't have to be 100% on your guess. Just looking for some general ideas. See what sort of "vibe" or whatever you wanna call it that I give off. & Since I'm pretty new here, just wanted to say, hi everyone. :hi:

LonestarCowgirl

Thanks for your guess! Anything particular that makes you think that? Anything you'd like to point out?
Did you take the official MBTI exam? If you miss an apt, oops or omg? When you break a nail do you keep going or do you pout? Is there anything you can't do? What are your hobbies? What is your expertise? What is your current state of mind (ie, happy, stressed)?

DreamBeliever

Did you take the official MBTI exam? If you miss an apt, oops or omg? When you break a nail do you keep going or do you pout? Is there anything you can't do? What are your hobbies? What is your expertise? What is current state of mind (ie, happy, stressed)?

Nope, haven't taken the official test, just my school's version & some free online ones. More oops, but really I just hope that the person didn't think I intentionally blew them off. I can always reschedule, but if it's with a teacher & counts towards my grade, not just having to talk to them but an actually assignment thing, it's a bit of an OMG thing. I've been keeping my nails short to avoid that & so they look neater, but I just clip it if I can & move on with my day. It's a pain if it goes into the pink part, though, so then I'd be a little pissed. Not sure what I can't do. I'm a young college kid & have never held a real job, & I worry about how capable I am at really working sometimes. I feel like I'm behind on work experience, since I know most people's first jobs are when they're like 16. My hobbies are sports like soccer, basketball, playing guitar, & writing. Not sure what my expertise is. In what aspect do you mean by that? I can be great with people (when I make the effort). My state of mind is relaxed.

LonestarCowgirl

Nope, haven't taken the official test, just my school's version & some free online ones. More oops, but really I just hope that the person didn't think I intentionally blew them off. I can always reschedule, but if it's with a teacher & counts towards my grade, not just having to talk to them but an actually assignment thing, it's a bit of an OMG thing. I've been keeping my nails short to avoid that & so they look neater, but I just clip it if I can & move on with my day. It's a pain if it goes into the pink part, though, so then I'd be a little pissed. Not sure what I can't do. I'm a young college kid & have never held a real job, & I worry about how capable I am at really working sometimes. I feel like I'm behind on work experience, since I know most people's first jobs are when they're like 16. My hobbies are sports like soccer, basketball, playing guitar, & writing. Not sure what my expertise is. In what aspect do you mean by that? I can be great with people (when I make the effort). My state of mind is relaxed.

Hmm... were you bullied? I'm trying to figure out why you're a loner.

You said you're worried you're behind on work experience, so what are you doing about it? Have you considered an internship? (I wouldn't worry about competing with people that had their first job at 16. First jobs at 16 aren't typically in a skill people nurture.)

What are you studying?

Is the glass half empty or half full?

DreamBeliever

Hmm... were you bullied? I'm trying to figure out why you're a loner.

You said you're worried you're behind on work experience, so what are you doing about it? Have you considered an internship? (I wouldn't worry about competing with people that had their first job at 16. First jobs at 16 aren't typically in a skill people nurture.)

What are you studying?

Is the glass half empty or half full?
I was bullied a little in school in elementary/middle school. Nothing serious. Same amount as anyone else (probably). I thought school was pointless/boring, even though I did really good. I always only had a couple of friends & everyone else I knew were more like acquaintances. Even now I only have like 3 or 4 really good friends, & I've only been in much contact lately with one of them on the regular. I don't always connect well with others, but I can be really carming & persuasive if I want. I applied somewhere recently, but unfortunately haven't heard back. I'm studying early childhood education, but don't know if I'll stick with it because I keep changing my major & haven't taken any of the classes yet. Guess I'll see how it goes. Half full. I'm generally optimistic, & I'm very thankful for what I do have.