• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In dominant position? Any other things you spot?

You seem like an NF type and I do not think, that you're Fe dominant. I think INFJ might be a good fit, but I could also see ISFJ as another possibility.
Actually I am not quite sure what kind of an INFJ you are, but I wouldn't type you as Fi and you are certainly not a thinking type.
I can't see the melancholy and strong orientation on individuality, that I would expect from an Fi user to show.
You seem to be oriented towards making other people feel good, help and nurture when others need it, also negative feelings seem to be a bit pushed in the background at least in this post, so this points out Fe>Fi.
The percieving function is not really visible for me from your post.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Process of elimination. Let's step through it:

If Fe, then the person has to be a TP.

I don't think the user is a TP based on the description.
Definitely not ESTP or ISTP.
Probably not INTP or ENTP, based on my experience with those two types.

Meanwhile, the interests have a number of "F" signifiers in them (which I think you are picking up on).

But we've already determined not a TP.

The user seems very Pe based on the openness quotient expressed. It's either Pe-dom, or it's an introvert with a really strong Pe function (which can happen).

Anyway: Hence, FP.

I think the openess might come from the Fe, it seems more like the openess oriented towards people and emotions, more than towards enviroment, or objects.
Also an introvert with strongly developed Pe function can happen, I think I am the living example of it and it might not be as rare.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love ENFPs. We get along great! My roommate is an ENFP too. We're a lot alike, but she's more messy than me (which is fine, because my first roommate at college was an ESTJ & a total neat/control freak, so I prefer someone way more laid-back) I'm somewhere in the middle in that area compared to them. Anyways, ENFPs are a lot of fun & great & easy to talk to. We have a lot of the same interests. :)

Awesome. :) You sound like a really fun, easy-going person who can be passionate about stuff you care about. :) I can also see what you mean by your ESTJ grandmother getting on your case a lot, ESTJs with a strong Te and not a lot of openness really like to lock things down and a more open approach can drive them crazy.

I would suggest looking at ESFP first. Could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the openess might come from the Fe, it seems more like the openess oriented towards people and emotions, more than towards enviroment, or objects.

No, it's a different style of openness, because Fe likes to define ('settles') things and FP explores them. It's hard to put it into words, it's easier when you experience both and then recognize what they "feel" like in practical experience.

Like I noted, Fe is not really an option if they are not TP, and the Pe here is SO dominantly expressed. So it's got to be in a very strong aux positions OR it's the dominant.

Fe (a Je function) and Pe cannot be part of the same dom/aux pair.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, it's a different style of openness, because Fe likes to define ('settles') things and FP explores them. It's hard to put it into words, it's easier when you experience both and then recognize what they "feel" like in practical experience.

Like I noted, Fe is not really an option if they are not TP, and the Pe here is SO dominantly expressed. So it's got to be in a very strong aux positions OR it's the dominant.

Fe (a Je function) and Pe cannot be part of the same dom/aux pair.
The point is, I can't really see Pe as an option, but hmmm...who knows. Maybe it's me being rather subjective in typing FPs , I still see her as an IFJ, now when I think of it ISFJ is more likely than INFJ... Fi is about inidividuality, it's melancholy, it's bitter-sweet, personal, cold... I just can't see it in the post.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I stick with what I said before in you last post, ISFJ

DreamBeliever

Awesome. :) You sound like a really fun, easy-going person who can be passionate about stuff you care about. :) I can also see what you mean by your ESTJ grandmother getting on your case a lot, ESTJs with a strong Te and not a lot of openness really like to lock things down and a more open approach can drive them crazy.

I would suggest looking at ESFP first. Could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

I mean, I think I exaggerated. We get along great a lot, but we also fight a lot. The misunderstandings can just be horrible. I'm used to her after all these years, but they can be a very grating type. The bossyness & controlling nature is just too much at times. Both her & my ISFJ grandpa argue over the most ridiculous things too. I tell them that they worry about stuff that no one else would care about. lol

DreamBeliever

66. I jokingly refer to myself as "Queen"
67. I'm obsessed with Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland (especially the Mad Hatter)
68. Following with #67, I really want to read Through The Looking-Glass (has anyone read it to know if it's good?)
69. I wish I could open my own restaurant
70. I believe everything has energy, even inanimate objects

Eum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A type can't be accurately inferred from most of these factoids. Any type can believe in karma, like music theory, and want to help people in Africa. What's important is your thought process behind these things. On the surface, I can see evidence for both Fi and Fe. Almost certainly an F type.

55. I hate rude people (it's one of my biggest pet peeves)

This is important. Who do you perceive to be "rude" people? Someone who disrupts/pays no heed to the emotional the emotional atmosphere? Someone who uses brute force and violates your ethics? Someone who views reality through the lens of logic, and harps on internal consistency?

1. I believe in twin flames, karma, soul mates, & fate

Elaborate. Why do you believe in these things?

2. I love comic books

Why? What about comic books do you enjoy?

3. I love Shakespeare plays (especially Romeo & Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream)

Why?

6. I would love to travel more

Why?

7. I love to decorate

Why? I hate to decorate, I only do it if I'm forced.

8. I love sports (especially basketball & soccer

Why do you love sports?

13. I dream of starting a charity

Why?

14. I love boho fashion

Why?

15. Following with #14, I love Dream Catchers

Why?

16. In high school, I wanted to study creative writing in college & write & create kids comedy TV shows/movies, like for Nickelodeon & Disney

Why?

17. I'm a cat person (if I had to pick between cats & dogs)

Why?

19. I love learning about different religions, cultures, & languages

Why?

29. If I could have a superhero power, it would be teleportation, but reading minds would be my second choice

Why?
30. Summer is my favorite time of year

Why?

31. I really want to walk around outside dancing & singing to Happy by Pharrell

Why?

39. I would love to hand deliver food, water, & clothes to needy people in places like Africa

Why?

40. I hate to see people sick, but I love to 'nurse' my friends when they're not feeling good

Why?

42. I love supernatural stuff (I also love the show Supernatural)

Why?

43. I like to write poems & songs

Why?
44. My favorite class in high school was music theory

Why?

48. My dream in life is to inspire people

Why?

52. I love sci-fi books

Why?

54. I don't like family gatherings, but I love dances with friends

Why?
57. I love quotes (my dorm walls are always full of canvasses of them)

What are some of your favorite quotes? Why?
58. I research a lot (especially Psychology type things)

What is the motivation behind your research? Why do you research?

60. I can be very intense, but I'm also pretty laid-back

Can you give an example of when you were intense?

DreamBeliever

A type can't be accurately inferred from most of these factoids. Any type can believe in karma, like music theory, and want to help people in Africa. What's important is your thought process behind these things. On the surface, I can see evidence for both Fi and Fe. Almost certainly an F type.

This is important. Who do you perceive to be "rude" people? Someone who disrupts/pays no heed to the emotional the emotional atmosphere? Someone who uses brute force and violates your ethics? Someone who views reality through the lens of logic, and harps on internal consistency?

People that have an unnecessarily attitude to someone for no reason, whether it's family, friends, store shoppers or workers, people living on your floor or in your dorm in college, etc. I guess it's that they don't consider other people's thoughts/feelers than their own & (to me) just want to give someone a hard time. Also, people that already assume they're right & someone else is wrong & just completely bypass what someone has to say like it's wasting their time.

I like to think everything happens for a reason. I guess it's better than thinking that life just sucks when you think about all the bad things in your on life & in the world. I like to also think that the universe has a way of evening everything out. I like to think that people come into your life for specific reasons too. I just think there's a perfect person out there for everyone (even if they never meet them). It's just some type of spark, souls merging, type thing. People that connect on a deeper level.

The drawings, the storylines, the characters... my INTJ dad (pretty sure that's his type) collects them, & I love to flip through them. He's great at drawing & can draw the characters himself too!

Why?

I love the language of Shakespeare's plays. I find it beautiful. I love the passion of the characters in Romeo & Juliet (even though it's there downfall). Romeo's got to be my favorite character in it. I find it really romantic, yet there's some good funny parts in it too. I first read it in 8th grade English class. It was the No Fear Shakespeare version. I liked it so much, I kept reading ahead. Then, for my drama class in 12th grade, we had 2 professional actors come & act out the balcony scene. Now, this past fall, my college put on the play. Ever time, I just love it. I've read & seen a 60s theme rendition of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I really loved Puke the fairy. It was so neat the idea of the magic dust that makes everyone fall in love with the wrong person. It's just a great comedy, I think.

Why?

I would just love to see so many new places. I would just love to see new places, site see, meet new people, learn about places while actually being there, etc. There's just so many things about it that appeals to me.

I love to make spaces my own & make it how I envision it. I hate blank, bleak places. I need to make a space my own.

Why do you love sports?

Well, I have good hand eye coordination, so it helps that I'm good at it! It's a lot of fun, a great stress reliever, & something you can really put a lot of energy into.

Why?

I'd love to help people. I hate seeing people suffering. I can't go past a donation thing without donating. It'd be nice, though, to start my own, so I could focus & direct it in the way I like. I feel like it would be amazing.

Why?

I love the dresses, the flowers, just the style itself really. I love how (to me) it represents like peace, happiness, & freedom. I feel like there's a lot of expression in it.

Why?

I love anything sort of mystical. I know they originate from native American culture. I think it's neat that they supposedly catch the bad dreams. I believe the set up of a room can set certain vibes too, & it's just sort of like one of those things. Along with mirror placement, etc.

Why?

I like writing short story type things & creating fictional characters off of people around me. I l've always been inspired by Dan Schneider's shows on Nickelodeon & would love to be a big kid working on a set like that. It'd be great to bring laughs to some many young people. It seems like great fun, & you can see your work come ro life on screen.

Why?

Cats are more intriguing, intense, & independent. It's cool to watch what they'll do, where they go, & to watch them climb.

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Whoa, that's a lot to answer. I'll have to continue later.

DreamBeliever

Why?

Why?

Why do you love sports?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

- Like summer, because there's no school, weather's nice, usually sunny, can spend a lot of time outside, can stay up late & wake up late, & it's like a free feeling.

- Music theory was really interesting. I love music, & it was great to be able to learn some more on scales, chords, & how to write your own music score. The people were so incredible in that class, & we had food Fridays. That was where we had no work, got to bring & eat food, play whatever music we wanted, & play around on the piano.

- I want to personally bring stuff to needy people, because it's more personal & you know then that what you donate really gets to the people.

- I don't care for family gatherings, because most of the family seems miserable at them honestly, & it's full of people I only see once a year or less. I really don't care to make small talk about school & whatnot over & over for hours. I might as well record it on a voice recorder & hit play for every single person. A night out with friends is different. You get to dance, laugh, let loose, & just be yourself.

- I like to research, because I love to know how the mind works & better understand myself & others.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Just to get this started, I decided to make a list of some things about myself.

1. I believe in twin flames, karma, soul mates, & fate
2. I love comic books
3. I love Shakespeare plays (especially Romeo & Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream)
4. My favorite color's orange
5. My favorite Disney animated movies are Aladdin & Monsters Inc.
6. I would love to travel more
7. I love to decorate
8. I love sports (especially basketball & soccer
9. I love Edgar Allan Poe poems
10. I've been on an Avatar: The Last Airbender kick lately, & my favorite character is Zuko (I love his relationship with Iroh. Zuko's like a son to him.)
11. I love Harry Potter (Pottermore sorted me in Ravenclaw)
12. My fictional character crush is Eli Goldsworthy on Degrassi (anyone else watch it?)
13. I dream of starting a charity
14. I love boho fashion
15. Following with #14, I love Dream Catchers
16. In high school, I wanted to study creative writing in college & write & create kids comedy TV shows/movies, like for Nickelodeon & Disney
17. I'm a cat person (if I had to pick between cats & dogs)
18. Following with #17, I also love penguins, pandas, dolphins, & bunnies
19. I love learning about different religions, cultures, & languages
20. I adore Dr. Seuss stories
21. I play guitar, I know a little bit on the piano, & I'd like to learn to play the drums
22. I love haunted houses, but they never seem to scare me
23. Comedy movies are my favorite
24. I love Adam Sandler movies
25. I love Robin Williams movies (especially Dead Poets Society & Patch Adams)
26. I love the Home Alone movies
27. I love scented stuff (hand sanitizer, lotion, lip gloss, etc.) & my favorite scent is vanilla
28. I'd love to be famous, because I want to be forever known
29. If I could have a superhero power, it would be teleportation, but reading minds would be my second choice
30. Summer is my favorite time of year
31. I really want to walk around outside dancing & singing to Happy by Pharrell
32. I'm good at keeping my stuff neat (not being messy), but I'm bad at keeping track of things I need to do (like assignments, appointments, etc.) & I sometimes write things on my hands for this reason
33. The song "I Was Here" by Beyonce describes how I want to live my life
34. I start not feeling like myself after extended periods of time with other people (especially negative people)
35. I'm often super silly & like to lighten up the atmosphere of a room. My ENFP family member describes me as "inappropriately happy" (people always think I'm a happier person than I actually think I am myself, though)
36. I absolutely cannot get along with my ESTJ grandma when I'm at home. She makes everything I do wrong (You can't do that, I've always done it like this, I'm not interested in that stuff, can't you just behave, etc. are things I constantly hear from her)
37. I want to own a sports car (specifically a mustang, corvette, or firebird)
38. When I was little, I dreamt of having a mansion with a hundred rooms, complete with a game room, entertainment studio, bowling alley, pool, hot tub, basketball court, tennis court, etc.
39. I would love to hand deliver food, water, & clothes to needy people in places like Africa
40. I hate to see people sick, but I love to 'nurse' my friends when they're not feeling good
41. I used to wish that I could build a robot to do my homework
42. I love supernatural stuff (I also love the show Supernatural)
43. I like to write poems & songs
44. My favorite class in high school was music theory
45. I love pie (I know, that's random)
46. My dream wedding would be in front of Cinderella's castle at Disney World
47. I don't care for organized religion, but I consider myself spiritual
48. My dream in life is to inspire people
49. I can't stand people that think age has anything to do with maturity
50. Following with #49, being serious all the time does not equal being mature

I think you are likely an ENFP or ESFP...