• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

vorfreude

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP. :) A feeler, energetic, positive, people oriented, open, laid-back, considerate, physical (i pick up on lots of Se), fun-loving, action-oriented, seem to be living in the "physical world" and in the present moment. I do pick up on Fi/Te, mostly Se/Fi though... for your Enneagram, I am guessing 7 and maybe 2.

DreamBeliever

ESFP. :) A feeler, energetic, positive, people oriented, open, laid-back, considerate, physical (i pick up on lots of Se), fun-loving, action-oriented, seem to be living in the "physical world" and in the present moment. I do pick up on Fi/Te, mostly Se/Fi though... for your Enneagram, I am guessing 7 and maybe 2.

DreamBeliever

I'm not sure if I'd call myself positive or people oriented, however. I'm not that much of a happy person (but have heard that I come off that way?). & Basically have no friends right now. Actually, I was best friends with an ESFP (haven't seen them in person in about a year & a half but kept in touch through calls, texts, & video chats. Anyway, they haven't been returning my messages, & I can't remember doing anything wrong). I seemed to be better at abstract thinking than him, & I sometimes considered him immature & reckless (well... then again, I consider myself that sometimes too, but I feel like that's only me when I'm unhealthy.). I haven't seen any friends in person in at least over a month or longer actually. I think I might keep it that way. I've had some pretty bad friendships so... lol

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Definitely not offensive. You were pretty dead on in your assertions. I'm definitely not extremely extroverted, extremely loud & silly often, but not extroverted. I like to just watch TV or play on my phone a lot by myself. I get more lonely at college, just because I feel lonely without at least 1 or 2 people lurking around (even if I'm not interacting much with them). I've been super stressed, honestly. Sometimes I feel like I've just been miserable my whole life, though (depression??).

Alright cool! Yeah some people get touchy and defensive when you say stuff like that, I'm happy it didnt offend you. You for sure are tough to type tho, I dont think you are an ESFP or an ISFP tho... Breakdown of functions doesnt really work.

DreamBeliever

Alright cool! Yeah some people get touchy and defensive when you say stuff like that, I'm happy it didnt offend you. You for sure are tough to type tho, I dont think you are an ESFP or an ISFP tho... Breakdown of functions doesnt really work.

I'm truthful enough to own up to it. hehe You said Ti is what really comes across to you, am I right? Is the fact that I seem more xxFx keeping you from suggesting IxTP or ExTP?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah you seem like a feeler to me more than a thinker. Although its there for sure it isnt your dominant function, so I wouldnt think IxTP, maybe ExTP, but if so I would lean ENTP. So in order of what I think is likely, ISFJ, ENFJ, ENTP.

DreamBeliever

Yeah you seem like a feeler to me more than a thinker. Although its there for sure it isnt your dominant function, so I wouldnt think IxTP, maybe ExTP, but if so I would lean ENTP. So in order of what I think is likely, ISFJ, ENFJ, ENTP.

How do I go about narrowing it down further?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah sorry I couldnt do it further for you. I guess first look at how you interact with the world most often. Do you try to make people feel better about themselves? Is that instinctual to you? Do conversations you have with someone else generally stay on task or does the main focus of the conversation shift in different directions. Your main extroverted function is what you instinctually show the world. Now what from deep inside yourself do you bring to compliment that extroverted function? Do you have a good memory and tend to remember things about people? Do you try to break down what someone is saying? Then look at what you determine your introverted function to be and your extroverted function to be and try to tell which is stronger.

DreamBeliever

Yeah sorry I couldnt do it further for you. I guess first look at how you interact with the world most often. Do you try to make people feel better about themselves? Is that instinctual to you? Do conversations you have with someone else generally stay on task or does the main focus of the conversation shift in different directions. Your main extroverted function is what you instinctually show the world. Now what from deep inside yourself do you bring to compliment that extroverted function? Do you have a good memory and tend to remember things about people? Do you try to break down what someone is saying? Then look at what you determine your introverted function to be and your extroverted function to be and try to tell which is stronger.

Ok, I'll have to give that more thought. Any idea on my enneagram?

DreamBeliever

Let's try this again

Just to get this started, I decided to make a list of some things about myself.

1. I believe in twin flames, karma, soul mates, & fate
2. I love comic books
3. I love Shakespeare plays (especially Romeo & Juliet and A Midsummer Night's Dream)
4. My favorite color's orange
5. My favorite Disney animated movies are Aladdin & Monsters Inc.
6. I would love to travel more
7. I love to decorate
8. I love sports (especially basketball & soccer
9. I love Edgar Allan Poe poems
10. I've been on an Avatar: The Last Airbender kick lately, & my favorite character is Zuko (I love his relationship with Iroh. Zuko's like a son to him.)
11. I love Harry Potter (Pottermore sorted me in Ravenclaw)
12. My fictional character crush is Eli Goldsworthy on Degrassi (anyone else watch it?)
13. I dream of starting a charity
14. I love boho fashion
15. Following with #14, I love Dream Catchers
16. In high school, I wanted to study creative writing in college & write & create kids comedy TV shows/movies, like for Nickelodeon & Disney
17. I'm a cat person (if I had to pick between cats & dogs)
18. Following with #17, I also love penguins, pandas, dolphins, & bunnies
19. I love learning about different religions, cultures, & languages
20. I adore Dr. Seuss stories
21. I play guitar, I know a little bit on the piano, & I'd like to learn to play the drums
22. I love haunted houses, but they never seem to scare me
23. Comedy movies are my favorite
24. I love Adam Sandler movies
25. I love Robin Williams movies (especially Dead Poets Society & Patch Adams)
26. I love the Home Alone movies
27. I love scented stuff (hand sanitizer, lotion, lip gloss, etc.) & my favorite scent is vanilla
28. I'd love to be famous, because I want to be forever known
29. If I could have a superhero power, it would be teleportation, but reading minds would be my second choice
30. Summer is my favorite time of year
31. I really want to walk around outside dancing & singing to Happy by Pharrell
32. I'm good at keeping my stuff neat (not being messy), but I'm bad at keeping track of things I need to do (like assignments, appointments, etc.) & I sometimes write things on my hands for this reason
33. The song "I Was Here" by Beyonce describes how I want to live my life
34. I start not feeling like myself after extended periods of time with other people (especially negative people)
35. I'm often super silly & like to lighten up the atmosphere of a room. My ENFP family member describes me as "inappropriately happy" (people always think I'm a happier person than I actually think I am myself, though)
36. I absolutely cannot get along with my ESTJ grandma when I'm at home. She makes everything I do wrong (You can't do that, I've always done it like this, I'm not interested in that stuff, can't you just behave, etc. are things I constantly hear from her)
37. I want to own a sports car (specifically a mustang, corvette, or firebird)
38. When I was little, I dreamt of having a mansion with a hundred rooms, complete with a game room, entertainment studio, bowling alley, pool, hot tub, basketball court, tennis court, etc.
39. I would love to hand deliver food, water, & clothes to needy people in places like Africa
40. I hate to see people sick, but I love to 'nurse' my friends when they're not feeling good
41. I used to wish that I could build a robot to do my homework
42. I love supernatural stuff (I also love the show Supernatural)
43. I like to write poems & songs
44. My favorite class in high school was music theory
45. I love pie (I know, that's random)
46. My dream wedding would be in front of Cinderella's castle at Disney World
47. I don't care for organized religion, but I consider myself spiritual
48. My dream in life is to inspire people
49. I can't stand people that think age has anything to do with maturity
50. Following with #49, being serious all the time does not equal being mature

DreamBeliever

51. I love plays, & my favorite play is Wicked
52. I love sci-fi books
53. I easily tear up at shows/movies
54. I don't like family gatherings, but I love dances with friends
55. I hate rude people (it's one of my biggest pet peeves)
56. Jesse on Full House is my favorite TV character ever
57. I love quotes (my dorm walls are always full of canvasses of them)
58. I research a lot (especially Psychology type things)
59. I quickly come to people's defense when I feel they're being mistreated
60. I can be very intense, but I'm also pretty laid-back

DreamBeliever

61. I don't like big crowds, but I also don't like being alone for too long
62. I hate painful small talk (I'm sure you guys know the kind), but I don't mind talking at length with interesting strangers
63. I love trying new foods (I'm the only one I know in my family that will try any food at least once)
64. I love fashion
65. I doodle a lot (any time I have paper & a pen in hand actually. I have little drawings all over my class notes & sometimes even my homework)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some kind of FP type (my main guesses are ESFP or possibly a very people-friendly INFP). You mention an ENFP family member; how do you feel about that type?

You sound pretty Pe-intensive regardless.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some kind of FP type (my main guesses are ESFP or possibly a very people-friendly INFP). You mention an ENFP family member; how do you feel about that type?

FP? Fi? Where?

DreamBeliever

I love ENFPs. We get along great! My roommate is an ENFP too. We're a lot alike, but she's more messy than me (which is fine, because my first roommate at college was an ESTJ & a total neat/control freak, so I prefer someone way more laid-back) I'm somewhere in the middle in that area compared to them. Anyways, ENFPs are a lot of fun & great & easy to talk to. We have a lot of the same interests. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FP? Fi? Where?

Process of elimination. Let's step through it:

If Fe, then the person has to be a TP.

I don't think the user is a TP based on the description.
Definitely not ESTP or ISTP.
Probably not INTP or ENTP, based on my experience with those two types.

Meanwhile, the interests have a number of "F" signifiers in them (which I think you are picking up on). F really seems to be a better fit by far.

But we've already determined not a TP.

The user also seems very Pe based on the Openness quotient expressed. So it's either Pe-dom, or it's an introvert with a really strong Pe function (which can happen).

They also seem to prefer a lot of new experiences and flexibilty, explore anything without much fear or need for control (Fe is a judging function), and the strongest remarks seem to be an internal feeling of concern for others that exposes itself when someone is unfairly treated, etc.

(Also, as a small side note -- note the username. Open/Pe-focused, and F.)

Anyway: Hence, FP.

----

Obviously, observation would be more helpful, but all we got was a list of items of importance to the user.