• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
As I said earlier, I'm guessing either ESFP or ENFP. It's hard for me to tell the two types apart. In this case I'd look into the Keirsey Temperaments. Have you heard of those? The difference would be SP and NF. I know *stereotypically* the SP's come off more as pranksters, and the NF's as dreamers. Of course I don't really like stereotypes.

Are you more linear or tangential in your thinking?

DreamBeliever

As I said earlier, I'm guessing either ESFP or ENFP. It's hard for me to tell the two types apart. In this case I'd look into the Keirsey Temperaments. Have you heard of those? The difference would be SP and NF. I know *stereotypically* the SP's come off more as pranksters, and the NF's as dreamers. Of course I don't really like stereotypes.

Are you more linear or tangential in your thinking?

I have, & I've read some things on the temperaments, but it's still confusing when it comes to myself unfortunately. That's kind of funny, because I think prankster & dreamer both can describe me at times. lol I don't care for stereotypes either, though. I'm not quite sure which one I'm more. Could you maybe provide some examples?

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Well, I know the ESFP has a dominant sensing function, and the ENFP an inferior. This would be the difference between the two types. Because Se is a very physical function, an ESFP would be very aware of his or her surroundings. An ENFP might be a little more spacey and otherworldly, not using Se at all.

This might be a terrible analogy, but when you meet somebody, what are you first thinking? An ESFP may be noting that person's appearance and mannerisms, sizing them up physically, becoming aware of their walk, talk, etc. An ENFP may start trying to "figure" the person out, almost like psychoanalysis.

DreamBeliever

Well, I know the ESFP has a dominant sensing function, and the ENFP an inferior. This would be the difference between the two types. Because Se is a very physical function, an ESFP would be very aware of his or her surroundings. An ENFP might be a little more spacey and otherworldly, not using Se at all.

This might be a terrible analogy, but when you meet somebody, what are you first thinking? An ESFP may be noting that person's appearance and mannerisms, sizing them up physically, becoming aware of their walk, talk, etc. An ENFP may start trying to "figure" the person out, almost like psychoanalysis.

I really, truly do both. I notice clothes, voices, etc. but I also get vibes like energy off of people, & my instincts are usually right. I'm wondering if maybe I could even be an ENFJ type 7. I'm definitely different in a lot of ways from my ENFJ good friend (but we get along great!), but I'm thinking that could be the fact that when it comes to her enneagram she could be (in my opinion) a 3w2 social variant with a 1 fix in there somewhere. 3 of my closest frinds are actually ESFP, ENFP, & ENFJ, & I feel like a mix of all of them (if you met us you'd understand). I have 4 super close friends, actually, but my one friend has yet to take the mbti (ugh, I need him to take it too! hehe).

gromit

likes this
my super scientific method of going off of post title/my gut instinct makes me want to type you as INFP

LonestarCowgirl

Given all of the information you've provided us, I've changed my opinion. I think your type is ESTP or ESFP.

Nope, haven't taken the official test, just my school's version & some free online ones. More oops, but really I just hope that the person didn't think I intentionally blew them off. I can always reschedule, but if it's with a teacher & counts towards my grade, not just having to talk to them but an actually assignment thing, it's a bit of an OMG thing. I've been keeping my nails short to avoid that & so they look neater, but I just clip it if I can & move on with my day. It's a pain if it goes into the pink part, though, so then I'd be a little pissed. Not sure what I can't do. I'm a young college kid & have never held a real job, & I worry about how capable I am at really working sometimes. I feel like I'm behind on work experience, since I know most people's first jobs are when they're like 16. My hobbies are sports like soccer, basketball, playing guitar, & writing. Not sure what my expertise is. In what aspect do you mean by that? I can be great with people (when I make the effort). My state of mind is relaxed.
Actually, my family are who suggested a job with children, because they think I'd work well with kids. That reinforced my idea of maybe being a teacher. I had previosly wanted to be a child psychologist anyway. Everyone always has opinions, family, friends, advisors, counselors, & to be quite honest, I'm pretty sick of it. I wish I could just discover what I'm really meant to do. Right, though, you're coming from a Te point of view. I really do appreciate their directness at times. I just want to be fullfilled in what I'm doing & have it leave me enough time for fun stuff. I do the best when I'm on the go. It's when I'm alone, just laying around, that I seem to just lack any motivation at all.
An Se-dom, like an ESTP or ESFP, will have an affinity for fun in the present moment in a real and direct way with the environment. They're also known to have an agreeable and easy-going disposition.

Under stress, ESxP's will project inferior Ni. It often emerges as intolerance of ideas, theories, and free-flowing musings of people who prefer intuition (and read between the lines). They'll become overwhelmed, tired, negative, worried, and withdrawn.

I know most of my stuff seemed very S (sensor), so maybe I should also say that I love authors like Shakespeare & Edgar Allan Poe, I love plays, I'm very superstitious, I believe in psychic/energy things like auras & rocks/crystals that give off energy, I believe in weird theories (such as that we live in some sort of matrix), I believe in mental telepathy, & I believe in ghost & mermaids.
As for hobbies, it's not uncommon for Se-doms to be attracted to the mysteries of intuition; especially Ni (their inferior function). Systems that deal with inner forces, mysticism, and extrasensory perception can be alluring to Se-doms.

I was bullied a little in school in elementary/middle school. Nothing serious. Same amount as anyone else (probably). I thought school was pointless/boring, even though I did really good. I always only had a couple of friends & everyone else I knew were more like acquaintances. Even now I only have like 3 or 4 really good friends, & I've only been in much contact lately with one of them on the regular. I don't always connect well with others, but I can be really carming & persuasive if I want. I applied somewhere recently, but unfortunately haven't heard back. I'm studying early childhood education, but don't know if I'll stick with it because I keep changing my major & haven't taken any of the classes yet. Guess I'll see how it goes. Half full. I'm generally optimistic, & I'm very thankful for what I do have.
Auxiliary Feeling for ESFPs emerges in their focus on friendly and compatible relationships (and teamwork). I don't think you're an Fe-dom because you said you don't always connect well with others, which I interpret as you're not especially energized by social connections for the sake of them. At the moment, you seem to be more energized or have more of an interest in Se-related activities.

You indicated in your younger years you thought school was pointless. With that in mind and considering all of the confusion you appear to have with the direction you're headed in your studies, and dropping out recently, I've come to the conclusion, you have trouble with long-term planning, commitments, intuition, and understanding how the present moment fits in the bigger picture. In fact, it seems to trigger a stress response in you, which I mentioned earlier. It seems like you feel the information you need to make decisions won't be available until the future is now, which doesn't happen and throws you for a loop.

I'm starting to think from reading enneagram descriptions that my type with that might be 7w8 2w3 9w1 sx/sp & that my mbti type could be ESTP, but I could be way off. It's just been my own thoughts lately.

Consider 7w6 for your enneagram type. Here's a helpful source for more information on enneatype 7 and 7w6: The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 7: Stimulation-Seeker

DreamBeliever

Given all of the information you've provided us, I've changed my opinion. I think your type is ESTP or ESFP.

An Se-dom, like an ESTP or ESFP, will have an affinity for fun in the present moment in a real and direct way with the environment. They're also known to have an agreeable and easy-going disposition. Under stress, they typically become overwhelmed, tired, negative, worried, and withdrawn.

ESxP's will project inferior Ni. It often emerges as intolerance of ideas, theories, and free-flowing musings of people who prefer intuition and read between the lines.

As for hobbies, it's not uncommon for Se-doms to be attracted to the mysteries of intuition; especially Ni (their inferior function). Systems that deal with inner forces, mysticism, and extrasensory perception can be alluring to Se-doms.

Auxiliary Feeling for ESFPs emerges in their focus on friendly and compatible relationships (and teamwork). I don't think you're an Fe-dom because you said you don't always connect well with others, which I interpret as you're not especially energized by social connections for the sake of them. At the moment, you seem to be more energized or have more of an interest in Se-related activities.

You indicated in your younger years you thought school was pointless. With that in mind and considering all of the confusion you appear to have with the direction you're headed in your studies, and dropping out recently, I've come to the conclusion, you have trouble with long-term planning, commitments, intuition, and understanding how the present moment fits in the bigger picture. In fact, it seems to trigger a stress response in you, which I mentioned earlier. It seems like you feel the information you need to make decisions won't be available until the future is now, which doesn't happen and throws you for a loop.

Consider 7w6 for your enneagram type. Here's a helpful source for more information on enneatype 7 and 7w6: The Enneagram Blogspot: Type 7: Stimulation-Seeker
Thank you so much for your in-depth response. I don't feel like I connect well to others, but I do know that I can be charming & persuasive when I want to. As for the intuition, it usually comes into play for me in that I think something in my head (like 'blank' will happen next in this show/movie or even real life) & then it happens exactly like that, or my suspicions on people can also be spot on. I'm not good with long term planning (like you mentioned), but at the same time that it scares me to commit, I also feel lost without direction. I really want a fun & exciting job that I can't wait to wake up to every morning. I also want my job to never become too repetitive & to really make a difference (the reason why I also love charity work, which I think I forgot to mention). The other thing that's funny on the P/J divide with me is that I'm not as messy as the Ps I know but not as clean & organized as the Js I know. The S/N thing is weird too, because I feel my interests are split like 50/50 on both. Maybe I have just been developing my functions in an unusual manner? I swear I research more when I'm not in school, though. I know way more things in Psychology (mostly through self research) than a 5th year college senior Psych major that I know. Both ESxP types seem like good possibilities to me. I'll definitely read up on the 7w6 enneagram on there (maybe the 6 is the driving force with my stress?). After the recent enneagram test I took, I'm almost certain that my tritype must be 7w6 2w3 9w8.

DreamBeliever

Lol SJ does not directly translate into "stickler for the rules".

No, but I even took to asking a question in the SJ section about their opinions toward authority, & it seems like they at least go along with it & wouldn't purposely go against it.

Thoughts on my type while you're here?

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
I beg to differ...

Why is that?

- - - Updated - - -

No, but I even took to asking a question in the SJ section about their opinions toward authority, & it seems like they at least go along with it & wouldn't purposely go against it.

Thoughts on my type while you're here?

Yes. Allow me to read your original post more carefully and I'll be back with 2 cents in a moment.