• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Need help figuring out my type

What's my type?

• ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ENFJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • INFP

• ISFP

• INFJ

• ISFJ

• ENTP

• ESTP

• ENTJ

• ESTJ

• INTP

• ISTP

• INTJ

• ISTJ

• Total voters

DreamBeliever

I beg to differ...

Right? Wish I knew the SJs they know then. The only ones that grind my gears really are ESTJs, though, if I'm being honest. I know an ISFJ that's willing to bend things for people (probs the high Fe, I'd guess). Still, they're not exactly rebels, just kind hearted (if healthy, obviously).

violett

Right? Wish I knew the SJs they know then. The only ones that grind my gears really are ESTJs, though, if I'm being honest. I know an ISFJ that's willing to bend things for people (probs the high Fe, I'd guess). Still, they're not exactly rebels, just kind hearted (if healthy, obviously).

I'm just thinking of my 1w2 Istj stepmother, she is very much a stickler for the rules. In any given situation she can list out why based on actual laws one should not do a particular thing. She's also Accounts Receivable Manager for a very large and well known soft drink company and has been for years, her opinions are difficult to dispute because she is usually right.

It's also no surprise why she married a type 7.....

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Alright, goes along with the types I've been considering. Care to explain your thinking on it a little?

Yeah you communicate with whimsical, wily patterns of language, a trait I personally associate most with dominant Ne. You seem just generally F, but ENTP is there because I pick up on hints of Fe over Fi. And ESFP..eh well it's kinda like a backup option in case you happen to be a sensor with adhd or something leading me to confuse that condition with Ne.

DreamBeliever

I'm just thinking of my 1w2 Istj stepmother, she is very much a stickler for the rules. In any given situation she can list out why based on actual laws one should not do a particular thing. She's also Accounts Receivable Manager for a very large and well known soft drink company and has been for years, her opinions are difficult to dispute because she is usually right.

It's also no surprise why she married a type 7.....
Sounds rough. My grandpa's either an ISFJ type 1w2 or 2w1 (he scores even on both numbers). My grandma's an ESTJ & the only thing that really gets to me is her lack of empathy & the times that she becomes overly bossy (can be funny when directed at others, just not me). I know an ISFJ & an ISTJ at college that I get along with fine. I had an ESTJ roommate at first last year, & she was a neat freak & a control freak. Luckily, I roomed with my ENFP friend for the 2nd half of that year.

DreamBeliever

Yeah you communicate with whimsical, wily patterns of language, a trait I personally associate most with dominant Ne. You seem just generally F, but ENTP is there because I pick up on hints of Fe over Fi. And ESFP..eh well it's kinda like a backup option in case you happen to be a sensor with adhd or something leading me to confuse that condition with Ne.
Oh, cool, makes sense. I wonder why it is that it's so hard for me to get my type pinned down? I've wondered before if I really do have adhd, because I was tested as a kid around age 6 or 7 (by teacher's orders), but the psychiatrist (or whoever gave me the test) said I didn't have it. Still I wonder at times.

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Oh, cool, makes sense. I wonder why it is that it's so hard for me to get my type pinned down? I've wondered before if I really do have adhd, because I was tested as a kid around age 6 or 7 (by teacher's orders), but the psychiatrist (or whoever gave me the test) said I didn't have it. Still I wonder at times.

Yo check out my thread in this section & give your input! It's dead over there, I need to get the ball rollin

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mmmmm not 7. 2 as hell.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Really? Explain? Care to take a crack at my mbti type?

In short, you seem more sensitive to being loved and appreciated than being stimulated and staying on the go. Actually nothing about the OP struck me as particularly 7 at all. :thinking: Very positive outlook, yes, but it seems more caring and humanitarian like 2. I don't see any 7 anxiousness of being deprived or escapist attitude towards negativity. 7s may have many emotional ups and downs, but those ups and downs are usually very superficial and don't extend as far/deeply as 2s. You seem much more heart-on-your-sleeve.

Just from this thread I'd say ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. :yes: Maybe ENFJ because I don't know you well enough, but you don't seem as commanding or concerned with control to me.

DreamBeliever

In short, you seem more sensitive to being loved and appreciated than being stimulated and staying on the go. Actually nothing about the OP struck me as particularly 7 at all. :thinking: Very positive outlook, yes, but it seems more caring and humanitarian like 2. I don't see any 7 anxiousness of being deprived or escapist attitude towards negativity. 7s may have many emotional ups and downs, but those ups and downs are usually very superficial and don't extend as far/deeply as 2s. You seem much more heart-on-your-sleeve.

Just from this thread I'd say ESFJ 2w3 so/sx. :yes: Maybe ENFJ because I don't know you well enough, but you don't seem as commanding or concerned with control to me.
Hmm... alright, I get what you're saying. I want to hear more about this 7 anxiousness, though. I do tend to run from problems. Like, in last fall in college I took way to many classes & was becoming so behind in my work, was forgetting what was due when, & instead of trying to work extra hard, I started drinking during the week with friends & neglecting my work. I was actually horribly anxiety ridden for a couple months & went a little crazy from my frustration. My school counselor even suggested that I might be bipolar & experiencing hypomania (she wasn't sure, so she settled on writing anxiety & impulse problems down for what I had). I do relate to the humanitarian thing, btw, so you're right on that.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What makes me definitely a feeler guys?

I know this is an old post in this thread, but I was reading through it and found it hilarious. You are so feelery that it practically drips off the page! (Not necessarily a good or bad thing.)

I still stand that you are IF over EF, due to my limited interaction with you earlier. Though your writing style is semi-disorganized, I wouldn't put ISFJ behind you.

DreamBeliever

I know this is an old post in this thread, but I was reading through it and found it hilarious. You are so feelery that it practically drips off the page! (Not necessarily a good or bad thing.)

I still stand that you are IF over EF, due to my limited interaction with you earlier. Though your writing style is semi-disorganized, I wouldn't put ISFJ behind you.

Ok, I'll keep it as an option.

violett

Sounds rough. My grandpa's either an ISFJ type 1w2 or 2w1 (he scores even on both numbers). My grandma's an ESTJ & the only thing that really gets to me is her lack of empathy & the times that she becomes overly bossy (can be funny when directed at others, just not me). I know an ISFJ & an ISTJ at college that I get along with fine. I had an ESTJ roommate at first last year, & she was a neat freak & a control freak. Luckily, I roomed with my ENFP friend for the 2nd half of that year.

I don't consider her rough. She has a sense of humor and laughs quite a bit, however, her humor is biting and sarcastic and if you really pay attention to what she finds funny the humor is usually based on her internal criticism of others and their failure to uphold responsibility in some way. It seems she has found a way to lighten up suffering fools, if that makes sense. My 4w3 Infj sister can not stand her and from the very beginning of their relationship they clashed. Which I think is unfortunate.

DreamBeliever

I don't trust test results. Once you understand the system well, its easy enough to sway the results towards a particular type you wish to be rather than your actual type.

That's usually more of my problem with mbti now. I did try to answer it all as honestly as I felt I could. These were my results on another enneagram test that I posted here on Page 7.
Type One: 14
Type Two: 46
Type Three: 22
Type Four: 44
Type Five: 24
Type Six: 37
Type Seven: 52
Type Eight: 30
Type Nine: 33

7w6

7>2>4>6>9>8>5>3>1

violett

That's usually more of my problem with mbti now. I did try to answer it all as honestly as I felt I could. These were my results on another enneagram test that I posted here on Page 7.
Type One: 14
Type Two: 46
Type Three: 22
Type Four: 44
Type Five: 24
Type Six: 37
Type Seven: 52
Type Eight: 30
Type Nine: 33

7w6

7>2>4>6>9>8>5>3>1

I find its more difficult for people to accept their enneagram type than Mbti type. The enneagram was designed as a spiritual tool to uncover your primary passion or ego fixation as a means to spiritual growth. There are certain authors who write about the enneagram types in such a way that you might need to have a shot of alcohol to adequately stomach your type and fully accept it. If you have just began delving into the enneagram system it might take some time before you can discern which type your ego defenses fall within. I wish you the best on your journey.