• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personality Confusion

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
24217997.jpg

What xNFJ is to women, xNTJ is to men.

Ni is a sexy beast.

Nicodemus

If you were in love with a girl from school but too shy to approach her directly, how would you try to get her to like you?

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
If you were in love with a girl from school but too shy to approach her directly, how would you try to get her to like you?

I can only answer this question by assuming what I would do if I were in love, as I haven't yet as far as I can remember experienced what love is outside mere physical attraction.

I'd probably start by analyzing the current situation.
Internal monologues would probably be somewhat along "If I now walk up to her and confess my feelings to her, is it probable I'd be turned down? If I get turned down I might get my feelings hurt. I also wouldn't like people to make a fuss out of it, e.g. others asking me sarcastingly if I got turned down. Even if I didn't get turned down when I confessed my feelings to her, what as of then? I might have confessed my feelings to her, but would that mean we're going to see each other every break by cuddling in public? Cuddling, especially in public would be incredibly uncomfortable to me. When and how are we going to see each other? I'm very anti-social, barely have my phone active and rarely leaves my house except when I've to (School, Visits...) therefore what if she's the social type? I need my alone time, too much interaction is too draining of me. Also what if she's the conventional type who expects gifts such as chocolates durign certain events or flowers? I'm very unconvnetional in these areas and I don't see the point of it. I feel there might be too many differences for me to ever fit with anyone I currently know. Afterall one of my greatest fears is for other people to see me as I see myself. (I'm accepting of myself, and would like to believe of others aswell, but I'm afraid that wouldn't be returned)."

Practically something like the above would probably go on in my mind all at once, so I'd probably hesitate to tell her I love her to begin with and soon that feeling would be 'pushed' away so to say.

Theoretically if I would try to get her to like me, uh.. it's difficult making an abduction here clueless as I am when it comes to romance. I can't say I'm especially romantic, seeing myself at a restaurant walking the beach during the night holding hands, I just can't see myself doing that. Material Goods (Flowers, Consumable things) would just feels odd coming from nowhere, besides that aswell I can't see myself doing for two major reasons: Firstly if I once do it I might have to do it again and I don't like spending money on others. Secondly it'd feel embarassing doing it out of nowhere. I guess I'd sit down with her after first trying to gradually get to know her (As friends) , perhaps I'd try to help in the areas I excel at (Using my mind only, as I'm the opposite of a doer, I'm a breaker at practical matters). So I might try to teach her the things I know in case she's in need of help and I'd then probably let the days go on in hope for something to change. But unfortunately it doesn't sound realistically to say something would actually happen, and if the days go on and nothing happens, the chance for a romantical relationship is drastically decreasing.

Edit: If I was too shy to approach her directly,
Then I'd do as I explained in the 'Practical' line.

But theoretically if I still wanted to get her to like me somehow without approaching her directly. I really can't think of anything here outside stalking her (Analyzing her hobbies, trying to seize opportunities to show off) but no, I'd not do such a thing because of multiple reasons. Firstly I'm not prone on stalking someone, Secondly I'm not a Show-off (At least not publically), Thirdly I'm too lazy to do any research. - Ah now I got other possiblities in mind again as in asking someone indirectly who knows her to tell me about her, or living in the past I might try to get through to her parents / guardians first. But all things considered I don't see the theoretical solutions fit my personality at all, so I don't think it would work practically.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It seems more like strong Ni and Ne to me with a prominent Fe and Si making him more of an INTP. He really has no concern for the material, and physical activities in the present world seem to be of relatively little importance and even though Se would be inferior for INTJ, they would care more for the sort. No? Laziness in the general sense is more of an Si thing, I would say, as those who have dominant Se or have it anywhere in their main 4 stack are more action-oriented than thought-oriented. ESTPs are even referred to as the Doers. All of the cautious mumbo-jumbo which practically translates to "you should be like me, I don't understand why you do what you do, it's all so crazy and you don't do it like me, but you should!" seems more like Fe-Si than Fi-Se.
All the emphasis on individuality screams enneagram 4 and the all the rest would suggest a 5 wing, maybe sp/sx. I'm lazy right now, so take these few sentences with a grain of salt.

I'm wondering what makes you think I've a prominent Fe? From my own observation in regards to Fe and Fi, I feel Fi more applying to me based on my own understanding of the functions. Also, about this part.
"All of the cautious mumbo-jumbo which practically translates to "you should be like me, I don't understand why you do what you do, it's all so crazy and you don't do it like me, but you should!" seems more like Fe-Si than Fi-Se."
Could you clarify what you mean with the above? I'm not entirely sure whether you mean I cautiously state this, if you misinterpreted my sentences or if I misunderstood you entirely. This was what I stated in Qustion 2 in regards to what I dislike most about people:
I don't want other people butting in telling me "This is how you dress. This is how you eat. This is what you should be. This is how you should react to this situation..." > They've just inherited the Social norms and claimed it as their own instead of critically thinking for themselves, questioning it whether or not it's the most efficient way, if it truely makes sense to live a life society has given them rather than finding their own path.
So basically if what I stated annoys me in the above translates to Fe-Si, then what makes you think I use a prominent Fe and Si?
I coloured the not-coherent statements in red.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION]
Thoughts?

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]
I don't know much about how xNTPs' and xSTJs' argue although they are two of the personality types I've read about in the past. So unfortunately I'm incapable of giving my thoughts.

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
Any further thoughts you might share?

-----------
Also, if anyone here knows Oreki Houtarou from the anime Hyouka he's as close a character to my personality I've ever seen. This guy is often typed as INTx, some people argues him being an INTJ and others argues he's an INTP. But this doesn't tell much to these who has no clue and has no intention to get to know him.

- Seeks to live his life in routine with wasting as little energy as possible. His slogan is "If I don't need to do it, I won't. If I've to do it, I'll do it quickly".
- As seen above he's incredibly lazy (Even walking some metres in vain isn't suggested), although when onto something he can be incredibly effective (Theoretical matters). This can be seen when it was once stated he indirectly does all of his homework, but also seen directly when he's thinking about matters important to him (Mysteries).
- He's generally silent and rather facial-expression-less (From what I recall at least).
- Feels alienated from the rest of the world, which can be seen when he thinks something similar to "No, I'm not like you guys...")
edit:
- Doesn't know a lot of people around him (Celebrities, Student couccil president) and everyone are surprised about him not knowing them.
- Isn't impressed by material goods (E.g. someone showed an impressive car and it didn't trigger much in him).

There're some other points applying aswell that I can't seem to recall with accuraccy. The only main differences however is that I excel better than him academically (He's an average whereas I'm at the top) but on the other hand once he thinks about something (E.g. solving mysteries) I feel he has an upperhand. I'm not saying I'm incredibly useless at solving mysteries, just that compared to him I can't compete.

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION]
Thoughts?

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION]
I don't know much about how xNTPs' and xSTJs' argue although they are two of the personality types I've read about in the past. So unfortunately I'm incapable of giving my thoughts.

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
Any further thoughts you might share?

INTJ

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm wondering what makes you think I've a prominent Fe? From my own observation in regards to Fe and Fi, I feel Fi more applying to me based on my own understanding of the functions. Also, about this part.
Could you clarify what you mean with the above? I'm not entirely sure whether you mean I cautiously state this, if you misinterpreted my sentences or if I misunderstood you entirely. This was what I stated in Qustion 2 in regards to what I dislike most about people:
So basically if what I stated annoys me in the above translates to Fe-Si, then what makes you think I use a prominent Fe and Si?
I coloured the not-coherent statements in red.

Fe because as much as you care about individuality, you don't exactly want everyone to be an individual and reciprocate, but like you. Si because you aren't at all engaged in the physical as a stronger Se would be, but much rather preoccupied with thoughts of how things should be or how you want them to be. Stronger Fi wouldn't care much for how others are and how they are, but much rather their own individuality and put it much ahead of their sentiments towards others. You want people to act as you act even though paradoxically you want them to be individuals.

Other things I don't like is people who're all about parties during the weekends. People who're asking "What's for next weekend?" and neglects their current duty, e.g. the studies in school. I don't understand why some people are quick to start drinking, start smoking and test out all the kind of intoxicants there is to try out. We humans have our natural needs and if we don't have a need for e.g. tobacco by nature, why make a need? This statement saying "If there's no need for it, why consume it?" was what made people believe me to be an ISTJ as they're quite the teetotalers.

This is typical boring Si.

I also don't like over-enthusiastically people who believes their enthusiasm is everyone else's as well. I don't want to be brought to different events that I see no importance in, events that isn't providing me with anything of value and is nothing but a waste of my time. For some reason I'm willed to accept them for being enthusiastic, but they're not willed to accept me for being unenthusiastic about something. They argue the events is for the sake of bonding people closer together, which isn't on my list of importance. But this is something that I can't say aloud of perhaps even think without being alienated by the rest of society. That's why I often feel I need to put up a social-mask at times to be someone I'm not, not as in going against what is right and wrong but more as in hiding my true-self, my true opinions and world views.

Typical superficial Fe.
Fe-Ti in whatever order they may be are much less critical outwardly than Te-Fi. Social masks aren't quite Te-Fi.
NFJ are very much like this as a result of their Fe and accompanying functions and so they are commonly enneagram 4's; they want people to be individuals as much as they think they are, to be less superficial, but fail to realize their own superficiality.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Fe because as much as you care about individuality, you don't exactly want everyone to be an individual and reciprocate, but like you. Si because you aren't at all engaged in the physical as a stronger Se would be, but much rather preoccupied with thoughts of how things should be or how you want them to be. Stronger Fi wouldn't care much for how others are and how they are, but much rather their own individuality and put it much ahead of their sentiments towards others. You want people to act as you act even though paradoxically you want them to be individuals.

If I use a practical example I feel I'm incapable of debating with quite a lot of people I've come across. Based on this I'd like to say I wish some people were more like me in some aspects, such as open for discussion, reasonable about views and so on. Interestingly these people are the opposite than me though - Active (Full of energy, always up to something), practial (Hands-on, doers), conventional (If I may use Friedrich Nietzsche's philosophy on man and overman, I feel like an Overman surrounded by Man), Action oriented (Snowboarding, driving cars...). But simultaneously I've come to think that since I do lack in various areas myself, e.g. my impracticality to do anything hands-on (I'm only an idea person) I'd not compare to others if they'd have their current traits combined with the strength I see in myself as of now. In fact I'd be the most imcompetent human being on the planet if that were the case. And if everyone were like me (Impractical, full of speculation) nothing would get done. So as you stated in your last sentence: While I wish everyone to be like me, I paradoxically want them to be their own individuals.

This is typical boring Si.

I'm not at all engaged in the physical world at all. Left alone I could perhaps live in a basement somewhere for a year without leaving my house. I've that much inward stimulation afterall. And I'm indeed preoccupied with thoughts, I feel my mind is another entity than my body. And more on the original quote now, "This is typical boring Si" is something I get your point on, as I've read similar information about Si myself. Si being the non-adventurous (Avoinding outward stimulation that puts oneself at risk) kind of function that it is. This is only true according to my own understanding of Si though. Therefore I'd like to avoid stating there's no exception in regards Ni-Se users being adventurous since they lack Si. Because stating Se is the 'Wild' and Si the 'Careful' would be like saying there's no exceptions. And as long as there's a possibility of exceptions it should be taken into account, but not as far as anyone can be anything due to the possibility of being an exception.

Typical superficial Fe.
Fe-Ti in whatever order they may be are much less critical outwardly than Te-Fi. Social masks aren't quite Te-Fi.
NFJ are very much like this as a result of their Fe and accompanying functions and so they are commonly enneagram 4's; they want people to be individuals as much as they think they are, to be less superficial, but fail to realize their own superficiality.

I'm not critical outwardly at all, in fact I'd like myself to get more of a 'bitchy' side to get rid of all the weirdos that I for some reason draw, or used to draw at least. In fact I just do my own things without minding what others do and here I'd like others to do the same aswell, everyone minding themselves, critizes their own actions, find their own faults rather than seeking that in others. However, about Te-Fi not using mask I'd like to question. I've read a few articles about INTJs' for one temporarily putting up social masks to help achieve their goals for instance.

-----
@All
Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated. I'd say that INTP and INTJ have been the only suggestions so far (With ISTJ as a consideration due to E6, unless E6 is mistyped to begin with, which should be taken into consideration). Unfortunately though I still don't feel sure about my type although I've been given help. May other people share their opinions aswell, preferably with some motivations as to why? It's fine just giving the type thought without motivating why, but giving a motivation will make it easier for me to draw firm conclusions and debate to reach a conclusion.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you typed as EII in socionics?

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Why are you typed as EII in socionics?
Because that's what I scored based on some online tests. From my last questionnaire I only changed by Ennegaram and Mbti. I never took the time to bother changing my Socionics type, I guess I was too lazy and didn't see it as that important. However, I decided to look more into socionics by switching my last letter with the opposite, e.g. INTP in mbti equals INTJ in socionicz and vice versa. Therefore don't pay too much attention to my socionics type as it's likely incorrect.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23444]Gladius[/MENTION] Te-Fi users, such as all of those in the Gamma quadra and Delta quadra can and do use social masks, everyone does, but they use them mostly as a means to an end rather than a natural way of being. Those in the Gamma quadra are however recognized for being more adept at using these social masks as they also have Se-Ni which is more aware of the current world and more fixated on accomplishing set tasks and can be a little more aggressive. It's more manipulation than it is being nice just to be nice or being mean just to be mean as Fe-Ti tends to do.
ENTJ and ESTJ are regarded as one of the meaner types (both belonging to gamma/delta) and this is a result of their characteristic blunt Te and inferior Fi and along with inferior Fi their Fe would be incredibly weak which would lead to very little sugarcoating or care to spare others feelings. Sugarcoating and general evasiveness of critiquing, but talking behind ones back and the sort would tend to be found a lot more in Fe-Ti types and as a result they are more liked for their superficiality and "easygoing" ways in contrast to Te-Fi's hard deconstruction of whatever it is they may be judging, mostly in efforts to "fix it" rather than to instill some emotion and actually try to be disliked and hated.
You may be an INFJ who mistyped on the more simple MBTI tests as an INTJ and is an Enneagram 4w5 which I would say is evident on your overbearing emphasis on individuality and tendency towards learning.
INTP, enneagram 4w5, sp/sx, perhaps. Your mention of "exceptions to the rule" is a rather Ti thing to say, maybe you just want to be an INTJ with your entire little heart. Ultimately, it's up to you.

Chthonic

After careful examination of all the facts I conclude you are a completely normal young person.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
general evasiveness of critiquing, but talking behind ones back and the sort would tend to be found a lot more in Fe-Ti types and as a result they are more liked for their superficiality and "easygoing" ways in contrast to Te-Fi's hard deconstruction of whatever it is they may be judging

This statement is particularly true.

Your mention of "exceptions to the rule" is a rather Ti thing to say, maybe you just want to be an INTJ with your entire little heart. Ultimately, it's up to you.

"maybe you just want to be an INTJ with your entire little heart" - There's a possibility that might be the case. But then again if truely wanted to be nothing but an INTJ, I'd have set with my last questionnaire(s) instead of asking to get a retype. To be honest I've been fond of your descriptions about INTPs thus far, but just because the description you've given applies to me doesn't necessairly mean you're entirely correct, for you may have gotten some details wrong. Though I doubt this to be the case, it should be taken into account instead of just accepting an answer to be true. That's why I, although supporting your thoughts, am debating you to find the truth from reaching conclusions by arguing against my own opinion rather than just sitting and agree.

My main doubts about INTPs though is that Ti is said to be drawn towards complex systems, and the more complex the system the better. To be honest I'm not found of complexity or systems in the terms accociated with INTPs. When I think of complex systems, Ti and INTP I'm simultaneously thinking about physics, mathematics, chemistry and the like. I don't have zero talent in these areas, but I've acknowledged that I do not excel in it naturally, it takes efforts and isn't that interesting a topic if you ask me. I'm more drawn to people related issues, such as moralphilosophy, psychology but also history. Religion is also interesting, especially metaphysical parts. From my own understanding INTPs generally speaking aren't drawn to these areas, except psychology and philosophy somewhat. I also feel like I'm not as deep a thinker as INTPs are labeled as. I feel I lack the depth that INTPs seem to have, as in questioning everything, always having things going on in their heads to figure out.

- - - Updated - - -

After careful examination of all the facts I conclude you are a completely normal young person.

I do not need help in regards to personality disorders, but psychological types. Now if you had the time for that joke, can you please give your thoughts about Mbti type?

Chthonic

I do not need help in regards to personality disorders, but psychological types. Now if you had the time for that joke, can you please give your thoughts about Mbti type?

My thoughts are that you are unlikely to be accurately typed right now. But if you must pick one go INTJ merely because its the one all young males seem to opt for until they become more conscious in their preferences. I wasn't kidding you sound exactly like every other guy under 20. I am an INTJ and personally I don't think you are one. There's nothing there that particularly says pattern mapper, intuiter, long term strategist, which is what those four letters mean to me.

INTJ is the goto MBTI type when you're a surly young person who likes solitary pursuits.

Likewise I don't see a lot of INTP in you either. Those guys usually scream crazy logic to me and I have trouble following their rants or getting the sub-context of their posts, but you don't seem to have that thing about you. If I had to take a stab at it I'd put you in the ISTJ camp.

As for your enneagram though...I have trouble seeing E6. You sound like a type 1.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My thoughts are that you are unlikely to be accurately typed right now. But if you must pick one go INTJ merely because its the one all young males seem to opt for until they become more conscious in their preferences. I wasn't kidding you sound exactly like every other guy under 20. I am an INTJ and personally I don't think you are one. There's nothing there that particularly says pattern mapper, intuiter, long term strategist, which is what those four letters mean to me.

INTJ is the goto MBTI type when you're a surly young person who likes solitary pursuits.

Likewise I don't see a lot of INTP in you either. Those guys usually scream crazy logic to me and I have trouble following their rants or getting the sub-context of their posts, but you don't seem to have that thing about you. If I had to take a stab at it I'd put you in the ISTJ camp.

As for your enneagram though...I have trouble seeing E6. You sound like a type 1.

Your input isn't good.

[MENTION=23444]Gladius[/MENTION] Consider taking a test that determines the extent of strength of each of your cognitive functions. As much help as you get you only seem to doubt and question more.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=23686]00c[/MENTION] I've taken ones in the past, but I may aswell retake.
Do you have any links to any 'ok' tests?

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
keys 2 cognition - Cognitive processes:

Jungian Cognitive Functions Test:

Big Five:

Nicodemus

Ah, my escape from having to write something: I agree.