• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enneagram 7 or 3 <- type me!

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
so.. over the yrs i think i ve been overthinking this problem to be objective no... so i cant analyse it anymore.

cann someone help me and ask me relevant questions

a bit 3 vs 7 data:

i am 100% underachiever - i usually just fake i want success if there's big pressure but i never really wanted it. when i flunked a yr in university, when i was younger, my 1st reaction was that i am happy so i dont have to suffer being bored while studying (i was in medical school and 5-6 hrs of studying each day next to classes/labs was about 10 x more than i am willing to invest in a diploma)

pro 3:
i did care when younger what ppl think about my success, i care now as well but only in extreme cases (my family is very unsupportive and i am 28 and still not done with MSc so i am quite behind)

my main motivation is to give the least possible effort to get the most out of stuff, so i always view it this way: how can i invest so little that it doesnt hurt, that i dont suffer in any way, yet get by. So i basically manipulate situations, i am not workaholic. i will work just to dream in my mind about moments when i am buying myself time away from work. it is extreme. actually this makes me think 7 the most because (unhealthy) tendency i have is to just count everything i do and think "now i can stop this is enough effort one needs to put into life so i can go back to comfort and pleasure"

- again, when under EXTREME stress i can become 3-like and trying to make Master Plan of Great Success. it can last few hrs, maximum few days.

but MOST of the times on my mind is how i can just avoid giving up on any pleasure. I hate the idea of limiting myself in any way. Readign Riso and Hudson yesterday made me think 7 is so much like me, but :unsure:

so confusing.

i was skeptical that tritype thing (other than in direction of errors) really exists, but if it does than maybe 738? (i think i have 8 tendencies sometimes but also anxious like 6 so dno about the wings. in confrontations i am very direct and rarely back off but i can be anxious which i believe w8 wouldnt be !?!)

Help!

All I can say is that you're def not a three. Threes are workaholics. Their biggest fear is being worthless or underachieving.

Daydreaming Swan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
7w8

The way you're typed up this thread seems seven-ish, and most ENFPs tend to be 7s.