• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP or INFP? Differences and traits?

headlessredhead

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a friend that I've known for quite a while, and we've always been very close. She and I both tested as INFPs but the more I think about it, the less I see it. I've been thinking that she could possibly be an ISFP instead. She definitely uses Fi as her main cognitive function, it's kind of what we bonded over. However, while she's always been quirky and odd, she's also pretty balanced socially. She tends to be more realistic, and for the most part keeps quiet in situations, even when she finds them distasteful. She waits until issues boil over to say something about it, but usually lets things slide. As an INFP, I'm constantly finding myself ranting about whatever I possibly can, and I have a really really hard time just "dealing with it". She and I also have creative differences. While I constantly put out odd, undeveloped ideas and abandon them pretty quickly, she tends to take inspiration from shows/books she likes, and sits on ideas for long periods though she rarely does anything with them. Maybe it's a difference in ennegram, or maybe she just got mistyped.
ANYWAYS my point is, can anyone give me some pointers on identifying the differences between ISFPs and INFPs?

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You guys sound like 2 types of INFP, maybe it's your enneagram.
I myself am made of about 40% INFP and about 20% ISFP so I can't really say I know how a "real" INFP behaves.
I had a close ISFP friend and he no way "keeps quiet in situations", even when he "finds them distasteful" and he doesn't just let anything slides.
I myself am INFP, for the most part, and I don't often rant about things.

headlessredhead

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I'm thinking it's probably just an ennegram difference honestly. While I'm much more spirited, and she's more reserved, there's still a chance we're both INFPs. Maybe I'm just overthinking it (or not enough) but that's why I came here. I'm decent with ideas but I usually need help sorting out the stupidity, as harsh as that sounds.