• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AGA is an INTP!

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I would put my bets on a F type for you.

Intps are quite observant (Si maybe) and then they like to break their observations down again and again and again until they reach the core and then they do it again. Ne helps a lot since it's good at seeing possibilities. Possibilities in the head.

Qre:us

- You are so clearly intuitive it is not even funny :).

I agree with this. I've always seen her as a dominant intuitive, not leading with a dominant judging fx. This would mean her choices are either ENP or INJ, not ENJ or INP.

I have thought on occasion that you prefer Ne over Ni.

Overall, she exhibits characteristics of introverted intuition over extraverted intuition. Convergent versus divergent. For amazing displays of extraverted intuition, see [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION], who is an INFP (and will hate my tagging of him in this Typology Jungian Nazi cult discussion, but secretly love it!) ;)

He can take any topic, and respond to it, bringing in random connections, and make a very perceptive point at the end of it (whether you agree or not, is another question). Broad, expansive, receptive, bursting outwards. You can't pin his thoughts down to one singular focus. This is different than certain preoccupations he has. He can take anything and run with it and enjoys doing it!

Not so with AGA.

- You love to analyze stuff in a deep way.

This. AGA seems to love to get to the heart of the matter. She won't entertain multiple lines of thoughts, at once. It's singular in focus. It must all "tie in" to explain the one idea, to its depth.

Ni and leading with it.

So, INJ.

I recall numerous instances in your posts where you seemed to be showing Ti vs. Te
In how she reasons out her perception, again, I'd agree that it's moreso via Ti than Te. I can't really see a strong preference for Te. I also see Fe versus Fi in her.

Which leads to INFJ, with possibly a very weak "J".

Then again, we're no experts.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the responses, Everyone. I really appreciate it!

I think it bears noting that environment is going to play a role, so talking about typical function order probably won't lend too much help as I think my functions became twisted or bent at an early age, perhaps assuming an introverted attitude when they perhaps should have extraverted.

I don't know if I was intended to be a Ti dom, but it is possible. It might be that my Ti did not have enough to work with, so my Ne became Ni and I found escape in that. I definitely think my intuition may have taken over me. Adding to this was the fact that from the age of 18 to 41 my primary partner was Ti dom/Se aux means that I deferred to his Ti, allowing other functions, like F, to become more developed. I am processing now (since this INTP diagnosis), that there were many clashes between his version of Ti and my own. As a mother of five and with somewhat of a 9 fix, I would have deferred to his Ti, at the cost of developing my own...And focused more on F which I use for mothering and midwifery.

Finally, since I have been living alone (with part-time kids) this past few years, I have been becoming more of my natural self; I have a deep and real sense that I have picked up 'where I left off' as a teenager, and am more who God intended me to be. I would really love nothing more than to practice part-time midwifery (because my intuition flies so high with this field and I'm good at it), and full-time Bible translation. I can get lost for hours in Bible translating, and nothing thrills me like it does. So yeah. Also, I'd love nothing more than to discuss avante garde and edgy subjects with intellectuals. That is sort of trademark intp, no? And I get really bummed when I don't have that outlet.

I also do feel uncomfortable being tied down to a specific plan. As a mother, I did not mind it so much. But as a mother I was in somewhat of a straight jacket all the time, which I believe brought out my FJ side. Which is why I tested as INFJ all those years.

Kinda like the natural me coming out now I think. Maybe...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does everyone think they're intp now? No I don't think you are either. I think INFJ suits you personally.

Am I intp too? :thinking:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Take the test!

I wish I were an INFJ. I like the sound of it better.

I told my friend I feel like being diagnosed as an INTP is like a death sentence. :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Test, schmest :alttongue:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno.

the more i ponder it, the more i think i was intended at birth to be an
enfp

But introverted into more of an
intp

and whilst being a mother and wife, personified as an
infj

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Take the test!

I wish I were an INFJ. I like the sound of it better.

I told my friend I feel like being diagnosed as an INTP is like a death sentence. :D

What no, embrace it!

Though the struggle is very real as an INTP female in a world where females are half expected to be ESFJs or related.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't taken the Step II, but in general I don't trust the E/I scale on the MBTI. There are real E/I tests online.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with this. I've always seen her as a dominant intuitive, not leading with a dominant judging fx. This would mean her choices are either ENP or INJ, not ENJ or INP.

Overall, she exhibits characteristics of introverted intuition over extraverted intuition. Convergent versus divergent. For amazing displays of extraverted intuition, see [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION], who is an INFP (and will hate my tagging of him in this Typology Jungian Nazi cult discussion, but secretly love it!) ;)

He can take any topic, and respond to it, bringing in random connections, and make a very perceptive point at the end of it (whether you agree or not, is another question). Broad, expansive, receptive, bursting outwards. You can't pin his thoughts down to one singular focus. This is different than certain preoccupations he has. He can take anything and run with it and enjoys doing it!

Not so with AGA.

This. AGA seems to love to get to the heart of the matter. She won't entertain multiple lines of thoughts, at once. It's singular in focus. It must all "tie in" to explain the one idea, to its depth.

Ni and leading with it.

So, INJ.

In how she reasons out her perception, again, I'd agree that it's moreso via Ti than Te. I can't really see a strong preference for Te. I also see Fe versus Fi in her.

Which leads to INFJ, with possibly a very weak "J".

Then again, we're no experts.

That is an interesting analysis. It is totally logical but I'm not sure I agree.

I once spent about 20 hours taking a course that was designed to educate you on the different functions and how to recognize them in action, which included dozens of video examples. It was extraordinarily insightful. One thing I clearly took out of it is extraverted functions are much easier to discern than introverted ones. Of all the introverted ones, I found Ni to be the hardest to recognize by far – and I’m an Ni dom so I have some idea of how that function works.

Introvert or extravert, we see the extraverted function of another and that is how we judge them. The ISTJ can look like a not as effective version of the ESTJ for example. For all TJs, people see the Te. The introverted ones just seem to be not as good at it. I think that is the case with AGA. We see the extraverted function as most obvious. It doesn't mean it is her dominant function.

There is a woman who worked for me for a long time. She was my “right hand”. I tried to figure out her type for years. She was an intuitive for sure. She was so nice and diplomatic with people as well as insightful about them that I felt she had to be an F of some sort. She was organized and an incredibly efficient person. She was also analytical with an ability to comprehend an enormous amount of detail and how those details related to each other. I could never figure out her type but my best guess is that she was an INFJ. Finally she took the official MBTI test and came out as an INTP. It shocked me at first but it made complete sense. A few years later, I started working with another woman who is a lot like the first. She’s not quite as analytical but is also insightful about people. She’s organized and efficient and extremely effective at getting things done. She is most certainly intuitive. In a lot of ways, she is a lot like the fist one I explained. So for a long time, I thought she could be an INFJ but I speculated that she was an INTP because she was so much like the other woman. She recently took the Step 2 and came out as an INFJ and very much agrees with the description. These are both people that I know really well.

There are a few morals to the story. First, I think we evaluate based on behavior that we observe and type tends to be a poor predictor of behavior. In the same way that there are societal pressures for men to act like Ts, I believe there are societal pressures for women to act more F, which could easily lead a T to appear more F like and for a T to think they are an F. I really think it can be pretty difficult to discern another person’s type just based on observing them or comparing them to others who seem like them (or all the different ways we might do it). The reason a good assessment instrument is valuable is that it can uncover those hidden preferences that a person has which they choose to consciously or unconsciously hide from others.

The last thing I will mention is the difference between Ne and Ni. If we look at the two:
Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
“Future opportunities”
• Brainstormingmultiple options
• Imagining possible connections
• Entertaining ideas

Introverted Intuition (Ni)
“One’s vision”
• Knowing based on trusted insight
• Visualizing the essence
• Synthesizing the whole

What does AGA do? I think she absolutely does rely on her intuition but it is not her strongest gift. Ti+Ne will want to understand the overall system and the principles. This is culled together over time. There is always logic to it. Ti might not even involve good logic but there is always logic. An example would be her efforts to understand “God’s Laws”. It was a study area of her at one time and she wanted to understand it all thoroughly. What are the principles? What is the structure or framework? I believe an Ni dom would not be likely to do that. They pop out with an answer after amassing an enormous amount of information in their heads. They will test it against their auxiliary function – Fe or Te judgment – to help confirm it’s validity but the intuition always leads. When pressed, they can come up with reasons or logic or principles but it is always secondary and is sometimes even window dressing. They can try to create the kind of framework that an NTP would but they generally are not that good at it. So [MENTION=5645]Qre:us[/MENTION] I think you might be mixing up the Ti+Ne orientation towards understand the big picture with that being Ni. They are not the same.

Permabanned

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I've been thinking about your thread for a bit AGA. Do you have a video up anywhere to see you in "real life"? And (don't think this sounds even crazier now) but do you think that possibly you're an extrovert? Ne dom would make more sense in some ways then Ti dom. You'd still lead with intuition, Ti sitting in the parental role therefore not as evident, Fe would still be quite notable in the tertiary position .... ENTP?????

Imma gonna ponder some more but in the meantime, if you have a video that would be grand. PM or post here if you're comfortable.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just out loud thoughts and explorations about being an INTP that have come to mind

I read all of your responses, and I appreciate them all. :smile: It is interesting to see you all analyze me. Usually incorrectly. I thing Qreus came pretty close. Highlander, I'm surprised you said you don't see much intuition in me, compared to Ti, when we already discussed that was my strongest preference by far.

I am going to post my full test results as I think that will answer some of your comments and questions better than I could:

Well, it won't let me upload! But [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] has my permission to upload all my results if he wants to. :)

Anyway, I definitely use my intuition at the cost of my thinking function. I use Ni/Ne and I guess I do use Ti over Fi, though those fall pretty far behind. I think my Ti is catching up now as my lifestyle is very conducive for that right now (whereas I was only developing my Fe and Te for so many years as a homeschooling mom of five).

I don't know. I am always seeking the best way to do something, always seeking the One Truth. That is a main drive of mine. That is Ni. But I also detect patterns and inconsistencies in things. That is Ne. I use Te and Ti perhaps in equal amounts after that, naturally, when I'm not using Fe at work. I think I am some sort of j-ish INTP. Indeed, the MBTI scored me as a 'scheduled' INTP, which hopefully Highlander will post.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read all of your responses, and I appreciate them all. :smile: It is interesting to see you all analyze me. Usually incorrectly. I thing Qreus came pretty close. Highlander, I'm surprised you said you don't see much intuition in me, compared to Ti, when we already discussed that was my strongest preference by far.

I am going to post my full test results as I think that will answer some of your comments and questions better than I could:

Well, it won't let me upload! But [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] has my permission to upload all my results if he wants to. :)

Anyway, I definitely use my intuition at the cost of my thinking function. I use Ni/Ne and I guess I do use Ti over Fi, though those fall pretty far behind. I think my Ti is catching up now as my lifestyle is very conducive for that right now (whereas I was only developing my Fe and Te for so many years as a homeschooling mom of five).

I don't know. I am always seeking the best way to do something, always seeking the One Truth. That is a main drive of mine. That is Ni. But I also detect patterns and inconsistencies in things. That is Ne. I use Te and Ti perhaps in equal amounts after that, naturally, when I'm not using Fe at work. I think I am some sort of j-ish INTP. Indeed, the MBTI scored me as a 'scheduled' INTP, which hopefully Highlander will post.

What is your age? 30s? 40s? Perhaps an easier way to approach your type might be to determine which functions you used to greatest proficiency in your teens and 20s. Someone in their 30s and beyond is more likely to find their usage of other functions leveling out or improving as they approach midlife, particulary if, like yourself, they already have a good working knowledge of the functions and have learned to approach the world from different viewpoints/different ways than in their younger years.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yet you have turned to religion. Bad call! ;)

Why?

I don't think religion is necessarily a bad way to seek truth. In my case, I used to reject all things religious in lieu of scientific truth, but I've come to realize that religion and science can be differing facets of a greater universal truth--they need not exist in conflict. Of course everyone will find their own way of approaching truth, yourself and AGA included, and there isn't necessarily one eternal truth to supersede all other truths.