• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AGA is an INTP!

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At school or at work or with friends. At school, I usually bantered with teachers and professors. At home, I was quiet, isolated, alone. One aunt was shocked I could after we had a conversation when I was 11 during a car trip. She said, "I don't remember you ever talking before!"

I had a bunch of friends. I never had trouble making friends, but I was always distant. My friends never got my hopes or fears. They were must fire having fun. I didn't even admit tell them when in had crushes on girls. I also compartmentalized my friends. With every little overlap.

Even with all this, I thought myself incapable of socializing. So, I picked girls up at random at dances and such and having them jump my bones a few minutes later, but I thought I struggled finding girls. I chat up people all day long, but felt I couldn't connect.

It was only with my midlife crisis that begun last year that I started to accept the true me.

It would mean you were followed your inferior Ti, the other half of Fe. It is what I did.

This post Why the Inferior Function is So Important seemed help me understand the inferior function much better.

Dom inf are in a tug of war and we can get stuck.

For me, I never thought I was an extrovert. I hated the idea of being a J. I hated the idea of being a feeler.

I worked in a career where I would have succeeded far more if I had been self-aware (though I was still really good at my job, I just didn't feel right.....) If I had only gone full Fe, I would have been rockstar in the field instead of miserable.... oh, well....

Everything is perfect. The past is dead. I make my future. And you make yours.....

Can you tell me how Ti makes me loud?

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you tell me how Ti makes me loud?

That is Fe. All FeTi talk with Fe while all FiTe users talk with Te. We interact with the world with our Je, no matter where it is on the stack.

So, if your Fe is out of your conscious mind, you are going to be loud. If it is controlled, not so much.

My INFJ sister, who was the oldest and didn't receive the abuse I got from my brother, is very quiet and reserved. She didn't date much before getting married, but had some good friends, just not many. She reacted to our parent's neglect by becoming codependent like me. She met a bipolar ESFP with a very hard childhood and married him a few months later, feeling pulled together as only two people with serious emotional health issues could be (oh, like my wife and I, hmm).

She isn't outspoken, but had a healthier childhood, given that she the oldest and mom and dad paid some attention to each other and her back then.....

We think very similarly, though, but I am quicker and she is deeper. She also didn't have the NiTi loop like me.....lucky her.

So, TLDR: uncontrolled Fe for FJs will mean it comes out no matter what you do. It is your major J function. Either you engage it consciously or unconsciously......

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, again you really fit the stereotype of a INFJ with poorly developed Fe.

The problem areas here sound like you and how you interact with the forum at times.

On another note, if you feel strongly attached to Ti, you should make an effort to improve your Fe.

One exercise I started doing was finding something in everyone and everything I see and saying in my mind, "I love you for XXXXX", whether it be the guy walking a dog, "I love that you are walking your dog and thank you for doing it", or "i love those colors on the leaves and thank you, tree" or "I love your willingness to wear those bold colors and thank you for wearing those clothes" or (being a guy:D) "I love all the cleavage you are sharing and thank you" or "I love how your ass looks in those yoga pants and thank you and the inventor of yoga pants"

It is the act of saying "I love you for and thank you", even in my mind, that seems to helps me to connect more easily to everyone. And it feels better telling myself "I love you for those nice breasts you are showing off and thanks for sharing them with me" than "she has great breasts". It breaks through years of conditioning to keep everyone away. And everyone has something you can appreciate.

And I actually become consciously friendlier and happier as I say these things. And I do talk more to others, lifting others up. And it feels better to me and I can see it makes them feel better too.

We all need to overcome our childhood issues at some point, even ones we don't think were issues. And as much as NFJs can see so much in others, they tend to be clueless about themselves.....

I think you are onto something here and I believe that from a type development standpoint, developing a strong auxiliary function is probably the single most important thing for introverted intuitives. In Gifts Differing, Isabel Briggs Myers indicated that for Introverted Intuitives, the importance of developing a balancing auxiliary judging process (i.e., Te, Fe) cannot be overstated because of the Ni dom's utter confidence in their intuition and the risk of that over dominating in the personality. The resulting behavior looks something like a dominant-tertiary loop. I ran into an issue at one point where I discovered I was in a pattern of Ni-Fi loop type of thinking. It lasted for quite a while - a year or two? I realized intellectually what was going on but was unable to focus on using Te more no matter what I tried. The simple solution just turned out to be to engage more with the external world and people and accomplishing things where I could have measurable results. In other words, i just put myself in a position where it would be natural to exercise the extraverted thinking function. The business world is a very easy and natural place to do that. When I spent less time alone on my own and more time with others, the problem went away.

I think that link you posted is excellent. There is some good content on that site. Here is what they say in the INTJ profile, which is somewhat analogous because INTJs and INFJs are common in many ways:

Most of the weaknesses associated with any given personality type are a result of that type's dominant function overtaking the personality to the extent that the other functions become slaves to the dominant function. Although it is natural for every personality to be ruled by its dominant function, it becomes a problem when the supporting functions are not allowed to develop fully on their own because they are too busy "serving the master". In such cases, a personality can become quite imbalanced.

A situation in which the dominant function of a personality completely overshadows the other personality functions is analogous to a kingdom that is ruled by an overbearing king who requires absolute servitude. Imagine such a king sitting down to dinner in his castle. He keeps all of his servants running about to bring him dinner, and requires that they serve him fully (disregarding their own needs) until he is completed sated. His Foreign Minister, who is expected at an important affair at a neighboring kingdom, finds himself pouring ale. His Minister of Domestic Affairs, rather than addressing the issue of a failing economy, slices roast turkey. His staff grabs food for themselves here and there, but never get what they really need or want, and are consequently unsatisfied, malnourished, and underdeveloped. The issues that the staff should be taking care of are left undone, because they never finish their primary task of serving the king. The king's immediate needs are being met, and so he is tolerably happy, but he is an ineffective king. As far as he knows, everything and everybody exists simply to serve him. He has no concept of Success beyond his daily needs. Since he cannot see beyond his own needs, the entire kingdom suffers.

Likewise, a personality that has developed with a goal of serving the dominant function above all other considerations often results in a person who is imbalanced. In severe cases, the weaknesses associated with the given type are often quite apparent to others, and overshadow the individual's natural strengths. Such a drastic imbalance is not common, and may be the result of continuous and extreme stress. Most people will experience times in their lives during which they are stressed to the point of serious imbalance. People who experience this constantly have issues that need to be dealt with, and should seek help.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you are onto something here and I believe that from a type development standpoint, developing a strong auxiliary function is probably the single most important thing for introverted intuitives. In Gifts Differing, Isabel Briggs Myers indicated that for Introverted Intuitives, the importance of developing a balancing auxiliary judging process (i.e., Te, Fe) cannot be overstated because of the Ni dom's utter confidence in their intuition and the risk of that over dominating in the personality. The resulting behavior looks something like a dominant-tertiary loop. I ran into an issue at one point where I discovered I was in a pattern of Ni-Fi loop type of thinking. It lasted for quite a while - a year or two? I realized intellectually what was going on but was unable to focus on using Te more no matter what I tried. The simple solution just turned out to be to engage more with the external world and people and accomplishing things where I could have measurable results. In other words, i just put myself in a position where it would be natural to exercise the extraverted thinking function. The business world is a very easy and natural place to do that. When I spent less time alone on my own and more time with others, the problem went away.

I think that link you posted is excellent. There is some good content on that site. Here is what they say in the INTJ profile, which is somewhat analogous because INTJs and INFJs are common in many ways:

Most of the weaknesses associated with any given personality type are a result of that type's dominant function overtaking the personality to the extent that the other functions become slaves to the dominant function. Although it is natural for every personality to be ruled by its dominant function, it becomes a problem when the supporting functions are not allowed to develop fully on their own because they are too busy "serving the master". In such cases, a personality can become quite imbalanced.

A situation in which the dominant function of a personality completely overshadows the other personality functions is analogous to a kingdom that is ruled by an overbearing king who requires absolute servitude. Imagine such a king sitting down to dinner in his castle. He keeps all of his servants running about to bring him dinner, and requires that they serve him fully (disregarding their own needs) until he is completed sated. His Foreign Minister, who is expected at an important affair at a neighboring kingdom, finds himself pouring ale. His Minister of Domestic Affairs, rather than addressing the issue of a failing economy, slices roast turkey. His staff grabs food for themselves here and there, but never get what they really need or want, and are consequently unsatisfied, malnourished, and underdeveloped. The issues that the staff should be taking care of are left undone, because they never finish their primary task of serving the king. The king's immediate needs are being met, and so he is tolerably happy, but he is an ineffective king. As far as he knows, everything and everybody exists simply to serve him. He has no concept of Success beyond his daily needs. Since he cannot see beyond his own needs, the entire kingdom suffers.

Likewise, a personality that has developed with a goal of serving the dominant function above all other considerations often results in a person who is imbalanced. In severe cases, the weaknesses associated with the given type are often quite apparent to others, and overshadow the individual's natural strengths. Such a drastic imbalance is not common, and may be the result of continuous and extreme stress. Most people will experience times in their lives during which they are stressed to the point of serious imbalance. People who experience this constantly have issues that need to be dealt with, and should seek help.

I don't know where I read it or what book, but I believe our auxilary is a huge key to our inferior since it's in the opposite orientation. With an INFJ it would be Fe which helps open up Se in a positive way, not a sink or swim fashion.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know God told me I am an INFJ, but I feel intensely like an INTP. :huh:

I have been watching intp videos and they are totally me. The only aspect that isn't spot on is that I use Fe well.

I like these videos about it. And I never realized intps were considered lazy. But of late I am very, very lazy.

Lol. This humor part is right on. ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I have been watching intp videos and they are totally me. The only aspect that isn't spot on is that I use Fe well.

I like these videos about it. And I never realized intps were considered lazy. But of late I am very, very lazy.

So even if it's absolutely certain that God DOES exist.
You think He'd just tell you a limited version of who you are? I had given that thought before. God is all knowing right?
Anyway if you may share, how was your answer given? (I.e. distinct voice in head, lots of highly well arranged letters in your scriptures where your consciousness found: I , N , F , J and TP was nowhere to be found? Your mind couldn't switch off INFJ?)

Oh and inferior function can make you overestimate you use that function well, js.

Share?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So even if it's absolutely certain that God DOES exist.
You think He'd just tell you a limited version of who you are? I had given that thought before. God is all knowing right?
Anyway if you may share, how was your answer given? (I.e. distinct voice in head, lots of highly well arranged letters in your scriptures where your consciousness found: I , N , F , J and TP was nowhere to be found? Your mind couldn't switch off INFJ?)

Oh and inferior function can make you overestimate you use that function well, js.

Share?

I think it is becoming apparent to me that He told me who my core person was. And I think my functioning person is an INTP who uses Fe (because it is natural in me and because I have subconsciously learned it can feed Ti in fun ways).

He tells me things mostly when I ask Him directly. He speaks thoughts into my brain when I ask Him things directly, in dialogue, and it's usually very simple and short phrases or sentences. He used my spiritual name a lot too, as a Father would when He is teaching something. Sometimes He does make things known to me in the pages of scripture, or via my intuition, or something I just feel strongly driven to do (though this is the least reliable one, because it gets mixed up with my fleshly person).

I don't put any stock in function stack or inferior function. Mainly because I've always found it vague and murky. Truth for me is usually simple and easy to see and understand. So anytime someone is selling something as 'truth' and I have to read it several times to even understand it, that means it isn't true. I have an eye for truth.

I just always thought the concern for truth was an Ni thing, but these videos show 'truth', 'authenticity', and 'autonomy' are the intp trinity, if you will. And those are things I have always held valuable for myself, at least since I can remember.

Thank you for you questions. I like them. :smile:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it is becoming apparent to me that He told me who my core person was. And I think my functioning person is an INTP who uses Fe (because it is natural in me and because I have subconsciously learned it can feed Ti in fun ways).

He tells me things mostly when I ask Him directly. He speaks thoughts into my brain when I ask Him things directly, in dialogue, and it's usually very simple and short phrases or sentences. He used my spiritual name a lot too, as a Father would when He is teaching something. Sometimes He does make things known to me in the pages of scripture, or via my intuition, or something I just feel strongly driven to do (though this is the least reliable one, because it gets mixed up with my fleshly person).

I used to think that way. :huh:

I don't put any stock in function stack or inferior function. Mainly because I've always found it vague and murky. Truth for me is usually simple and easy to see and understand. So anytime someone is selling something as 'truth' and I have to read it several times to even understand it, that means it isn't true. I have an eye for truth.

I just always thought the concern for truth was an Ni thing, but these videos show 'truth', 'authenticity', and 'autonomy' are the intp trinity, if you will. And those are things I have always held valuable for myself, at least since I can remember.

Thank you for you questions. I like them. :smile:

I was told I have an eye for truth, I'll try your technique and see how that goes! ^_^ I think I can see how that works at least from an Ni perspective at least. Maybe. Well it could be you're a Ti-leaning INFJ like many considered me as. Although, recently I've been trying to do better on all of my other functions still. But I'm sure I don't have Ne/Si in my stack.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to think that way. :huh:

Maybe we can get you back in the Force! :D

I was told I have an eye for truth, I'll try your technique and see how that goes! ^_^ I think I can see how that works at least from an Ni perspective at least. Maybe. Well it could be you're a Ti-leaning INFJ like many considered me as. Although, recently I've been trying to do better on all of my other functions still. But I'm sure I don't have Ne/Si in my stack.

The problem with calling me a Ti driven infj (though I have a lot of respect for the one who called it that) is that the bottom line is I am not a feeler, but a thinker. It has become blatantly obvious. Yes, I realize I don't know how to program or do other nerdy things that stereotypical intps might do, but I am a thinker in the construct realm nonetheless.

I am sure when I first discovered personality theory and was in the throes of mothering and housewifery, I was more of an infj. But that is not who I am anymore. I'm not exactly sure when that changed, but it has changed, and rather drastically, I believe.

Wait. Did you post that last paragraph before? Or am I having a realllllyyyyy weird dejavu? lol. :unsure:

Also, you totally vibe like an infp to me. Who uses Ni.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe we can get you back in the Force! :D

The problem with calling me a Ti driven infj (though I have a lot of respect for the one who called it that) is that the bottom line is I am not a feeler, but a thinker. It has become blatantly obvious. Yes, I realize I don't know how to program or do other nerdy things that stereotypical intps might do, but I am a thinker in the construct realm nonetheless.

I am sure when I first discovered personality theory and was in the throes of mothering and housewifery, I was more of an infj. But that is not who I am anymore. I'm not exactly sure when that changed, but it has changed, and rather drastically, I believe.

Wait. Did you post that last paragraph before? Or am I having a realllllyyyyy weird dejavu? lol. :unsure:

Also, you totally vibe like an infp to me. Who uses Ni.

Try computer programming!

Maybe deja vu? I've heard tons of people in mbti groups who said they thought they were infj when they were mothers. lol.

Ha was I an INFP because I see you as the underdog? Pleeeeeaasssseee.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Try computer programming!

Maybe deja vu? I've heard tons of people in mbti groups who said they thought they were infj when they were mothers. lol.

Ha was I an INFP because I see you as the underdog? Pleeeeeaasssseee.

No. Because of your avvy. ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. Because of your avvy. ;)

It does seem at least very perceiver-like huh? I am a P-dom after all. :smile:

I just believe in this point of my life my inferior function has been coloring my persona a lot, because I want to be the opposite of who I was growing up but yet valuing my childhood and trying to have that "carefree" attitude that so many adults wish they could have back while being simultaneously annoyed with a hint of awestruckedness.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Aphrodite!
I think you're infj, through and through, love.
Ti logic in an infj tends to gravitate towards the mystical and non-traditionally religious in infj. Even an atheist infj could consider themselves deeply spiritual while the categorization would likely appear logically inconsistent to a Ti-dom. But the infj is not primarily concerned with logical inconsistency and is guided by synchronous indicators that take precedence over all else. You're highly analytical because of your Ti, but is it representative of your most conscious expression or is it simply indicative of developmental maturation? I'll bet on the latter.
Your family life and values, your chaos and compassion, your opinions and beliefs, they are all accessible here. You are positively vulnerable. You share, share, share, to express and connect. You reach out for advice and you give it just as freely. It's exacting, not open-ended. You converge on a point.
On the forum, you have a tendency to naturally assert your values, creating a fiery and passionate persona oriented towards communal ethics and people to a degree that seems more than atypical for an intp. You seem to care about SO much and Ti is comparatively apathetic and dispassionate in relationship to Fe. Perhaps apathetic in general? I don't know for certain, but Fe over Ti valuing seems inarguable to me. Also, the extended search for self that leads to type changes seems quintessentially NF, but mostly INF. Infj for you. I think it's the snuggest fit in the closet.

Beautiful, whatever the type though. Glad to see you're still here. :heart:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Stereotypes. What do you expect from youtube videos? Being very, very lazy "of late" doesn't say anything about your type.

Change your mind another 15 times and maybe you'll find your type.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aphrodite!
Ti logic in an infj tends to gravitate towards the mystical and non-traditionally religious in infj. Even an atheist infj could consider themselves deeply spiritual while the categorization would likely appear logically inconsistent to a Ti-dom. But the infj is not primarily concerned with logical inconsistency and is guided by synchronous indicators that take precedence over all else. You're highly analytical because of your Ti, but is it representative of your most conscious expression or is it simply indicative of developmental maturation? I'll bet on the latter.
Your family life and values, your chaos and compassion, your opinions and beliefs, they are all accessible here. You are positively vulnerable. You share, share, share, to express and connect. You reach out for advice and you give it just as freely. It's exacting, not open-ended. You converge on a point.
On the forum, you have a tendency to naturally assert your values, creating a fiery and passionate persona oriented towards communal ethics and people to a degree that seems more than atypical for an intp. You seem to care about SO much and Ti is comparatively apathetic and dispassionate in relationship to Fe. Perhaps apathetic in general? I don't know for certain, but Fe over Ti valuing seems inarguable to me. Also, the extended search for self that leads to type changes seems quintessentially NF, but mostly INF. Infj for you. I think it's the snuggest fit in the closet.

Nah. I'm still not an F type. I use Fe but not as much as I use Ti, by far. Ti drives my decision-making, though because Fe is extraverted it only takes a very small amount of it to be used for people to think one is an Fe dom or aux. But if you saw my mind and how much thinking it is always doing with my Ni (or really analyzed my posts), you would easily tell that Ti drives my thinking and decision-making. Also, because I am Ni/Ti, it is not going to look like INTPs as much because my Ne is weaker than my Ni.

INFJs are primarily concerned with finding the truth, but in the context of the values of others. I do not give Fe that much power in myself. I am concerned with truth, but the ultimate truth which takes into consideration far more than just others' values, see? So that even at the cost of others' feelings, I am going to speak the truth. An infj would be reticent to do this, and it would be contrary to their way of being.

Do you understand?

Stereotypes. What do you expect from youtube videos? Being very, very lazy "of late" doesn't say anything about your type.

Change your mind another 15 times and maybe you'll find your type.

I'm starting to think I am the only real intp left around here, now that Jennifer is gone. :dry:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Using Inductive Logic to Determine Type

I awoke this morning with a drive to figure out my true type by analyzing my children's types. Indeed if we believe personality type is genetic, and I do, we should be able to look at the offspring of two types and see where the building blocks of their personality came from. No one really knows how many variables are involved in personality genetics, so I decided to just start at where genetics usually starts and that is assuming that traits are fairly straight-forward and equal, that no one trait is more dominant or recessive than another, just to see where I ended up. After all, it's only scratches on paper.

I set out to look at not only MBTI preferences but cognitive functions as well. I have a loose reason to believe I am INFJ in my core, but am manifesting as an INTP in my life, and have been for a long time (except during the throes of extreme mothering, and it WAS extreme!). But let us turn to the observable data to see how it falls out and if further deductions can be made about the inheritability of personality type.

As an amateur social scientist who has been studying personality typology for about 6 years now, I know my family's types better than I know my own. One of those reasons is that I have watched my children come of age in this time period (except the last child, and his type has been obvious from birth), and my children have had a pretty well-rounded childhood, without crazy trauma nor abuse nor neglect, so they are pretty easy to type. Additionally, I have plied them with personality tests from the time they could take them, and so have concluded pretty accurately what their types are. My most difficult child to type has been the middle ENFP child. He used Fe extremely well to the degree I really had him pegged for an ENxJ. However, after puberty and recent testing, it has become apparent he really IS an ENFP. I attribute his ability to morph and use Fe so well to his Ne somehow, though I am not sure exactly why he seems so Fe to me. He is just VERY F, and Fi-ers can be very caring and loving, appearing as Fe.

So I set down on paper my children's father's type (who also came from a 2-parent loving home), and below it listed my children's types. Because I have 5 kids, this is a reasonable amount of 'n' with which to draw at least a loose conclusion pointing back to their mother's type. So here goes:

Father of Children's Type: ISTP Ti/Se

Eldest: INTJ Ni/Te

Second: ISTJ Si/Te

Middle: ENFP Ne/Fi

Fourth: ISFJ Si/Fe

Fifth: ISTP Ti/Se

MBTI Data:

I: 4 E: 1

S: 3 N: 2

T: 3 F: 2

J: 3 P: 2

Since my ex is ISTP, that leaves the preferences of INFJ unaccounted for. I am sort of throwing out the E because it is pretty obvious no one is an E in my family except that child. If I really were an INTP, the predominate question is, how would we account for all that J in our kids?

Then if we turn to cognitive functions, we get the following:

Si: 2

Ni: 1

Ne: 1

Se: 1

Pi/Pe ratio is 3:2

Te: 2

Fe: 1

Ti: 1

Fi: 1

Je/Ji ratio is 3:2

Since my ex is Ji/Pe and my kids predominantly manifest as Pi/Je (and INTP is Ji/Pe as well), it must mean that they get Pi/Je from me somehow.

My most used cognitive functions as far as I can tell are: Ni/Si/Ti/Fe/Ne. I am very Pi but my Je has turned inward a LOT, and has since childhood. Since I use Fe better than Te, and my IN is not the point of contention or confusion, that means again that I am most likely meant to be an INFJ in my genes.

For a fun and final confirmation I looked upward to my own biological parents. I know my mother is an INTJ. And my brother told me he believes my father was an ESFJ. Again, this is Pi/Je predominantly (if my brother is right, which I don't know as my father died). And the functions at play in them should have been Ni/Te and Fe/Si, all of which is identifiable in me, except that I am more Ti than Te.

So this has been an interesting study for me. I am mostly overwhelmed with the Lord because He told me this is true, that I AM an INFJ.

But even so, that side of me is dormant and it is not who I am currently. To call me an INFJ is to somewhat invalidate my current self because for all intents and purposes I feel and think like an INTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Aphrodite!

Also, INFJ values knowledge over intelligence while INTP values intelligence over knowledge. A lot of people will claim that they value both, an INFJ might say "I also value intelligence." But it's a matter of valuing knowledge more than intelligence. Reason is the handmaiden to faith.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I awoke this morning with a drive to figure out my true type by analyzing my children's types. Indeed if we believe personality type is genetic, and I do, we should be able to look at the offspring of two types and see where the building blocks of their personality came from. No one really knows how many variables are involved in personality genetics, so I decided to just start at where genetics usually starts and that is assuming that traits are fairly straight-forward and equal, that no one trait is more dominant or recessive than another, just to see where I ended up. After all, it's only scratches on paper.

I set out to look at not only MBTI preferences but cognitive functions as well. I have a loose reason to believe I am INFJ in my core, but am manifesting as an INTP in my life, and have been for a long time (except during the throes of extreme mothering, and it WAS extreme!). But let us turn to the observable data to see how it falls out and if further deductions can be made about the inheritability of personality type.

As an amateur social scientist who has been studying personality typology for about 6 years now, I know my family's types better than I know my own. One of those reasons is that I have watched my children come of age in this time period (except the last child, and his type has been obvious from birth), and my children have had a pretty well-rounded childhood, without crazy trauma nor abuse nor neglect, so they are pretty easy to type. Additionally, I have plied them with personality tests from the time they could take them, and so have concluded pretty accurately what their types are. My most difficult child to type has been the middle ENFP child. He used Fe extremely well to the degree I really had him pegged for an ENxJ. However, after puberty and recent testing, it has become apparent he really IS an ENFP. I attribute his ability to morph and use Fe so well to his Ne somehow, though I am not sure exactly why he seems so Fe to me. He is just VERY F, and Fi-ers can be very caring and loving, appearing as Fe.

So I set down on paper my children's father's type (who also came from a 2-parent loving home), and below it listed my children's types. Because I have 5 kids, this is a reasonable amount of 'n' with which to draw at least a loose conclusion pointing back to their mother's type. So here goes:

Father of Children's Type: ISTP Ti/Se

Eldest: INTJ Ni/Te

Second: ISTJ Si/Te

Middle: ENFP Ne/Fi

Fourth: ISFJ Si/Fe

Fifth: ISTP Ti/Se

MBTI Data:

I: 4 E: 1

S: 3 N: 2

T: 3 F: 2

J: 3 P: 2

Since my ex is ISTP, that leaves the preferences of INFJ unaccounted for. I am sort of throwing out the E because it is pretty obvious no one is an E in my family except that child. If I really were an INTP, the predominate question is, how would we account for all that J in our kids?

Then if we turn to cognitive functions, we get the following:

Si: 2

Ni: 1

Ne: 1

Se: 1

Pi/Pe ratio is 3:2

Te: 2

Fe: 1

Ti: 1

Fi: 1

Je/Ji ratio is 3:2

Since my ex is Ji/Pe and my kids predominantly manifest as Pi/Je (and INTP is Ji/Pe as well), it must mean that they get Pi/Je from me somehow.

My most used cognitive functions as far as I can tell are: Ni/Si/Ti/Fe/Ne. I am very Pi but my Je has turned inward a LOT, and has since childhood. Since I use Fe better than Te, and my IN is not the point of contention or confusion, that means again that I am most likely meant to be an INFJ in my genes.

For a fun and final confirmation I looked upward to my own biological parents. I know my mother is an INTJ. And my brother told me he believes my father was an ESFJ. Again, this is Pi/Je predominantly (if my brother is right, which I don't know as my father died). And the functions at play in them should have been Ni/Te and Fe/Si, all of which is identifiable in me, except that I am more Ti than Te.

So this has been an interesting study for me. I am mostly overwhelmed with the Lord because He told me this is true, that I AM an INFJ.

But even so, that side of me is dormant and it is not who I am currently. To call me an INFJ is to somewhat invalidate my current self because for all intents and purposes I feel and think like an INTP.

I don't see the above as INTP, it screams dominant perciever IMHO.