• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Apparently I am INTP?

á´…eparted

passages
It appears that [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] has come to the conclusion that I am INTP. The basis of which comes from a discussion that occurred in this thread recently on the last few pages.

Would anyone care to inform him how far off the mark and wrong this analysis is? I've heard some ridiculous and silly type suggestions in my day, but this one really takes the cake.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It appears that Researcher has come to the conclusion that I am INTP. The basis of which comes from a discussion that occurred in this thread recently on the last few pages.

Would anyone care to inform him how far off the mark and wrong this analysis is? I've heard some ridiculous and silly type suggestions in my day, but this one really takes the cake.

Well, that was amusing. Thanks for sharing.

To start with, you're about the least Introverted member I know on this forum. Your extroversion seems to be on a par with Halla. Continuing, you're all about values-judgment (and not as a bad thing).

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're too good at using Fe for it to be your last function, IMO.

You are not an ENFJ for sure. ENFJ's are very spiritual, they will never say financial gain.
Untrue. Depends on the ENFJ. Whether you value money or not is unrelated to type.
Also their Ni will avoid the possibility of negative stereotype being attached to them if they would say "financial gain" (They are like smart social snakes keeping things discrete, even if they actually wanted financial gain, they would never say it for fear of being seen as a bad person).
Also depends on the situation, depends on the way they use Fe and Ni, and depends on the people they are trying to impress. The "ENFJ" tendencies you're describing sound more 3-ish than anything.
Also the fact that you write quite a lot is a sign you do not have Ni like an ENFJ, you are simply not discrete enough to have Ni.
Look for just about any INFJ post on this forum and you will find evidence to the contrary. Strong Ni plus weak Ti often means VERY WORDY.
If you had Fe you would be willing to sacrifice yourself. An Fe roughly operates as a collective, not as an individual. Fe goes down with the ship, trying to keep it up even if its illogical from an individual/selfish perspective. Ti abandons the ship to save himself. You fall in the last category. (Nothing wrong with that).
Also depends on the person. Self-sacrificing nature, nobility, and kindness are not type-related.
baseless? Fe is defined as illogical, the definition is the base. (Although a real human will not always fit the model, the Fe-type definition is exact)

If you do not believe in the definitions of the typing system, then how can you even talk about this system ? What are you doing here?

This shows you do not trust/understand typing at all.

To discriminate and categorize human behaviour IS stereotyping/archetyping. If you don't like to do that, you are on the wrong forum.
Fe depends on Ti, and vice versa. Fi depends on Te, and vice versa. I have known Fe-doms to be very logical in a way that I am not naturally skilled at, because it is so often based on Ti (which I do not use well).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I yield to superior knowledge of the Jungian oeuvre.

Dammit, man -- fight!

First they mislabelled the INFPs and you did nothing, because you are not an INFP.
Then they mislabelled the ENTJs and you did nothing, because you are not an ENTJ.
Then they mislabelled the ESFJs and you did nothing, because you are not an ESFJ.
Then they mislabelled the INTJs and there was no one left to label you correctly.

Fight now while you still can!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No way. I could buy XNTJ tho.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Can I have him type me next? :D

Nicodemus

Dammit, man -- fight!

First they mislabelled the INFPs and you did nothing, because you are not an INFP.
Then they mislabelled the ENTJs and you did nothing, because you are not an ENTJ.
Then they mislabelled the ESFJs and you did nothing, because you are not an ESFJ.
Then they mislabelled the INTJs and there was no one left to label you correctly.

Fight now while you still can!
I want [MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] to fight it out, dirty and well-oiled.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It appears that [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] has come to the conclusion that I am INTP. The basis of which comes from a discussion that occurred in this thread recently on the last few pages.

Yeah, no. I really don't think you are an introvert. For starters you don't even really get a long with introverts. All the INTPs I know LOVE other INTPs. I do think you use your Ti more than other ENFJs, that I will definitely agree with. But, I don't think it's your primary function.

The fact that you would rather save yourself than others does NOT mean you aren't an Fe-dom. The people typing you seem to think all Fe users are illogical and have no value for their own lives. If this was true we would all be dead from rescuing squirrel's from being hit by cars. I know I would risk my own life for someone close to me, or maybe a child. But, my self-preservation instincts are pretty strong. While I think it is noble and heroic to risk your life saving others, I'm not sure I would do it for just anyone. Also, I told my mom once if I ever had to choose between saving one of my dogs vs. saving a stranger I would probably pick my dogs (I admit this may be a bit illogical). :laugh: All that to say, you can be a a selfish ENFJ.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, no. I really don't think you are an introvert. For starters you don't even really get a long with introverts. All the INTPs I know LOVE other INTPs. I do think you use your Ti more than other ENFJs, that I will definitely agree with. But, I don't think it's your primary function.

The fact that you would rather save yourself than others does NOT mean you aren't an Fe-dom. The people typing you seem to think all Fe users are illogical and have no value for their own lives. If this was true we would all be dead from rescuing squirrel's from being hit by cars. I know I would risk my own life for someone close to me, or maybe a child. But, my self-preservation instincts are pretty strong. While I think it is noble and heroic to risk your life saving others, I'm not sure I would do it for just anyone. Also, I told my mom once if I ever had to choose between saving one of my dogs vs. saving a stranger I would probably pick my dogs (I admit this may be a bit illogical). :laugh: All that to say, you can be a a selfish ENFJ.
^ Agreed!

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is also sp/so, meaning he focuses his perfectionism on sp concerns. Looking out for #1 (or rather, #1 w2 lololol)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The people typing you seem to think all Fe users are illogical and have no value for their own lives. If this was true we would all be dead from rescuing squirrel's from being hit by cars.

I've swerved my car out of the way for less.

(it was a sparrow)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

(it was a sparrow)

And you aren't even an Fe user! :laugh: That's funny though. I've definitely run over multiple squirrels. If they aren't smart enough to not run in front of my car, I feel no remorse. Natural selection is alive and well.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

(it was a sparrow)

And you aren't even an Fe user! :laugh: That's funny though. I've definitely run over multiple squirrels. If they aren't smart enough to not run in front of my car, I feel no remorse. Natural selection is alive and well.

Yeah -- I feel a momentary twinge of "Aw man," that has no bearing on the fact I just take my foot off the gas (to give the bugger a fighting chance) and still plow over him while thinking, "What an idiotic squirrel, but I guess I just made the collective squirrel population that much smarter, genetically." There's remorse, but it's kind of detached and I absolve myself of guilt since I wasn't TRYING to kill him.

Meanwhile, I know Fe users who might actually hit the gas depending on their mood. (My INFJ kid would, sometimes.)

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the sheer amount of fe that you use points to the fact that you are not an intp, sorry :(

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Boy you ain't no intp. EXXJ for sure.