• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Apparently I am INTP?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes, and strawberry flavor.
And whipped topping.

(But no bits of fruit or cat food suspended in it.
That's kinda gross.)
cat food? :huh: what kind of backwards town are you from :shock:?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think at issue here for [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] is realizing or acknowledging that functional order does not predicate behaviour. Additionally, functions themselves of course do not operate in isolation. Functions only point to a way of thinking, of processing information, which may or may not secondarily lend itself to the analysis of behaviour. When coupled with a system of emotional motivations, such as enneagram, one can get closer to tying behaviours in. But gauging someone's type from behavioural actions in hypothetical situations - imprecise and misleading.

For example, it's not the creation of this thread to poll the members that's evidence of Fe, it's the thinking behind the creation of this thread - [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] is essentially looking for a majority consensus (which I might add, I feel sure that he's confident of getting) to slap back this assertion of INTP hard and fast. The external Fe mechanism, this way of thinking about how to address what he feels is a pretty presumptive analysis, is all about objective data gathered from the venue of people, not about a long, Ti-style parsing of "impersonal" logical connection to disprove the claim.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
cat food? :huh: what kind of backwards town are you from :shock:?

Pennsyltucky.

But I was having flashbacks of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, admittedly.

For example, it's not the creation of this thread to poll the members that's evidence of Fe, it's the thinking behind the creation of this thread - Hard is essentially looking for a majority consensus (which I might add, I feel sure that he's confident of getting) to slap back this assertion of INTP hard and fast. The external Fe mechanism, this way of thinking about how to address what he feels is a pretty presumptive analysis, is all about objective data gathered from the venue of people, not about a long, Ti-style parsing of "impersonal" logical connection to disprove the claim.

That's pretty good, PB.

Getting group consensus is kind of the furthest from my mind, in comparison. I'd just post why I thought something was rationally wrong. If others wanted to chime in, they could; but that's their choice and not a requisite.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And you aren't even an Fe user! :laugh: That's funny though. I've definitely run over multiple squirrels. If they aren't smart enough to not run in front of my car, I feel no remorse. Natural selection is alive and well.

Yeah -- I feel a momentary twinge of "Aw man," that has no bearing on the fact I just take my foot off the gas (to give the bugger a fighting chance) and still plow over him while thinking, "What an idiotic squirrel, but I guess I just made the collective squirrel population that much smarter, genetically." There's remorse, but it's kind of detached and I absolve myself of guilt since I wasn't TRYING to kill him.

This is a nice way of looking at it. :D If I ever hit a wild animal I'll be sure to tell myself that, but until then let's pray squirrels and birds stay out of my sight. Raccoons too, oh man. I'd honestly rather rear-end someone than kill an animal though. I think I'm too much of an ENFP nature hippie.

If I ever hit a dog or cat though I don't know what I'd do with myself. :cry:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
did you make this thread just because one person claimed you were INTP and you wanted to publicly shame him for being wrong?

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
did you make this thread just because one person claimed you were INTP and you wanted to publicly shame him for being wrong?
:laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wait, why should anyone be shamed for thinking someone else is an INTP?
Being an INTP is a Good Thang!

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is a nice way of looking at it. :D If I ever hit a wild animal I'll be sure to tell myself that, but until then let's pray squirrels and birds stay out of my sight. Raccoons too, oh man. I'd honestly rather rear-end someone than kill an animal though. I think I'm too much of an ENFP nature hippie.

If I ever hit a dog or cat though I don't know what I'd do with myself. :cry:

I'm pretty sure I would be a mess if I killed someone's pet. :cry: I would definitely swerve to miss a dog/cat.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You have been far too savvy with me in terms of saying the right thing which often times is a pressure release for me an "ahhhh I am not the only one," sort of thing to be an INTP. There are many great INTP's but I find that our interaction is gratifying in a different way than it tends to be with other INTP's. On one hand you are an encyclopedia when it comes to chemistry but your self-awareness when it comes to the contradiction witch is your life and your ability to relate this to the "other" strikes me more of an FE power that is higher up on the chain.

'

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And you aren't even an Fe user! :laugh: That's funny though. I've definitely run over multiple squirrels. If they aren't smart enough to not run in front of my car, I feel no remorse. Natural selection is alive and well.

I don't know what is worse, the fact that you feel no remorse for that, or your reasoning behind it.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know what is worse, the fact that you feel no remorse from that, or your reasoning behind it.

:shrug: [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] used the same reasoning. Maybe we are both just psychopaths.

Researcher

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bad
Wow, impact, I just found a whole thread of 4 pages...!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] you are a well rounded ENFJ who can use Ti effectively, so perhaps that's where that is coming from. :shrug:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], I am pretty sure you are not an INTP. I would also go with ENFJ

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My thoughts have been penned down by others in this thread, so I'll just add another pointer: [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s not concise enough to be Ti dom.

Just take a look at his blog and you'll see what I mean.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

á´…eparted

passages
Well, that was amusing. Thanks for sharing.

To start with, you're about the least Introverted member I know on this forum. Your extroversion seems to be on a par with Halla. Continuing, you're all about values-judgment (and not as a bad thing).

Woah really? I definitely consider myself extroverted, but in person I wouldn't consider myself a super extrovert, just a mild-moderate one. If just for the fact that I moderate and watch my behavior very closely. I'd surely never be mistaken for an introvert though, assuming I am not in an unfamilar situation.

Yeah, no. I really don't think you are an introvert. For starters you don't even really get a long with introverts. All the INTPs I know LOVE other INTPs. I do think you use your Ti more than other ENFJs, that I will definitely agree with. But, I don't think it's your primary function.

The fact that you would rather save yourself than others does NOT mean you aren't an Fe-dom. The people typing you seem to think all Fe users are illogical and have no value for their own lives. If this was true we would all be dead from rescuing squirrel's from being hit by cars. I know I would risk my own life for someone close to me, or maybe a child. But, my self-preservation instincts are pretty strong. While I think it is noble and heroic to risk your life saving others, I'm not sure I would do it for just anyone. Also, I told my mom once if I ever had to choose between saving one of my dogs vs. saving a stranger I would probably pick my dogs (I admit this may be a bit illogical). :laugh: All that to say, you can be a a selfish ENFJ.
Hard you are a well rounded ENFJ who can use Ti effectively, so perhaps that's where that is coming from. :shrug:

Really? I actually think my Ti is fairly crappy. I mean, I can use the basics of it (I sort of need to anyway), but I generally don't think I am good at it. I tend to make far too many leaps and assumptions. One of the best examples of this is when I took Philosophy in college (the course focused on epistomology and metaphysics). I passed with a C+, and the + came from participation in class (as I am always a talker in class). For the life of me, I could not do well. On the exams you had to go through and write out prompts explaining the logic and reasonings behind the theories and ideas, and I just sucked at it. I would always forget to add elements of proof, and I would end up skipping steps usually from not noticing they were important. I understood things fine, and my participation in class made that clear to the professor (she told me), but I just couldn't translate it well on paper. It's the same reason why higher math is/was so hard for me to grasp. I end up skipping important steps and am not able to think through the "if and then" sequences efficiently. I'm also terrible at debate.

But I suppose if you guys see it then I'm better at it than I think? :noidea:

I think at issue here for [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] is realizing or acknowledging that functional order does not predicate behaviour. Additionally, functions themselves of course do not operate in isolation. Functions only point to a way of thinking, of processing information, which may or may not secondarily lend itself to the analysis of behaviour. When coupled with a system of emotional motivations, such as enneagram, one can get closer to tying behaviours in. But gauging someone's type from behavioural actions in hypothetical situations - imprecise and misleading.

For example, it's not the creation of this thread to poll the members that's evidence of Fe, it's the thinking behind the creation of this thread - Hard is essentially looking for a majority consensus (which I might add, I feel sure that he's confident of getting) to slap back this assertion of INTP hard and fast. The external Fe mechanism, this way of thinking about how to address what he feels is a pretty presumptive analysis, is all about objective data gathered from the venue of people, not about a long, Ti-style parsing of "impersonal" logical connection to disprove the claim.

This is very astute of you, and you're correct all points. Right down to the point of knowing with full confidence what the outcome of this would be. Getting group consensus is one of my biggest go to methods for proving a point, understanding something, and finding a direction. I simply find it that the more minds that think in one particular manner increases the odds of something being correct, and increases and shows direct impact much more easily.

Wow, impact, I just found a whole thread of 4 pages...!

Yup. As I said, I'm not INTP, and as others explained in this thread the way to consider functions is through the motivations and reasonings behind the actions and thoughts. Not the actions and thoughts themselves.