• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Apparently I am INTP?

Permabanned
You have been far too savvy with me in terms of saying the right thing which often times is a pressure release for me an "ahhhh I am not the only one," sort of thing to be an INTP. There are many great INTP's but I find that our interaction is gratifying in a different way than it tends to be with other INTP's. On one hand you are an encyclopedia when it comes to chemistry but your self-awareness when it comes to the contradiction witch is your life and your ability to relate this to the "other" strikes me more of an FE power that is higher up on the chain.

'

:huh:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Researcher may have acquired most of his knowledge of MBTI from printed material, rather than interaction with real people.

I haven't been here that long, but from what I've observed, I can't think of any type you could be other than ENFJ.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

? I notice FE people for some reason tends to know how to relate with me by speaking about themselves which I have in common with them if that makes sense...like talking about yourself to prompt the other person to speak on themselves.

Permabanned
? I notice FE people for some reason tends to know how to relate with me by speaking about themselves which I have in common with them if that makes sense...like talking about yourself to prompt the other person to speak on themselves.

Sure, stories/personal anecdotes can be a great way to build rapport. However, that doesn't necessarily translate into self aware any more than self absorbed/delusional.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Really? I actually think my Ti is fairly crappy. I mean, I can use the basics of it (I sort of need to anyway), but I generally don't think I am good at it. I tend to make far too many leaps and assumptions. One of the best examples of this is when I took Philosophy in college (the course focused on epistomology and metaphysics). I passed with a C+, and the + came from participation in class (as I am always a talker in class). For the life of me, I could not do well. On the exams you had to go through and write out prompts explaining the logic and reasonings behind the theories and ideas, and I just sucked at it. I would always forget to add elements of proof, and I would end up skipping steps usually from not noticing they were important. I understood things fine, and my participation in class made that clear to the professor (she told me), but I just couldn't translate it well on paper. It's the same reason why higher math is/was so hard for me to grasp. I end up skipping important steps and am not able to think through the "if and then" sequences efficiently. I'm also terrible at debate.

But I suppose if you guys see it then I'm better at it than I think? :noidea:
Well, this would be Ti as a IxTP would use it - you use Ti more as a support system for Fe. For you I would think good usage means that your views are internally consistent, you can weigh up the different perspectives fairly, and that you're able to self-check your arguments for flaws when necessary.

And BTW I had the same problem with logical argument in essays: I understand the concepts well but can be careless with the details. I had to make an extra effort to join those dots perfectly.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Woah really? I definitely consider myself extroverted, but in person I wouldn't consider myself a super extrovert, just a mild-moderate one. If just for the fact that I moderate and watch my behavior very closely. I'd surely never be mistaken for an introvert though, assuming I am not in an unfamilar situation.
I'd definitely call you a super extrovert. :laugh: You're a bit more subdued in your videos, but your posting style seems very, VERY extroverted to me.

Sure, stories/personal anecdotes can be a great way to build rapport. However, that doesn't necessarily translate into self aware any more than self absorbed/delusional.
He seems very self-aware, from what I've read of his blog.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My thoughts have been penned down by others in this thread, so I'll just add another pointer: Hard's not concise enough to be Ti dom.

Just take a look at his blog and you'll see what I mean.

I'm scared to go in there, mama.

I don't know what is worse, the fact that you feel no remorse for that, or your reasoning behind it.

Don't you remember the Clusters commercials?

Squirrels are not our friend.
They seek to subvert human civilization.
If they could steal all of our nuts, they would do so.

Our only choice is to retain our advanced culture, assert our dominance, and pray they never develop fembot technology by which to invade and subjugate our species.

Because they will.
If they can, they will.

Jennifer used the same reasoning. Maybe we are both just psychopaths.
Maybe you are both just...

NooOOOOoOoOOOOOoOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :overreact:

.....:imok:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:shrug: [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] used the same reasoning. Maybe we are both just psychopaths.

no you aren't if you were, you'd have the squirells over for tea pretend to be their friends then kill them slowly.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm scared to go in there, mama.

/target Jennifer

/cast Summon: Words of Consensus

*Debuff: Words of Consensus*

/cast Passionate Words
/cast Wall of Text
/cast Summon: Evidence from Consensus

*@Hard's Passionate Words hits Jennifer for 2248*
*@Hard's Wall of Text hits Jennifer for 17439* (Critical)
*@Hard's Summon: Evidence from Consensus hits Jennifer for 28440* (Critical)
*Jennifer died.*

/yell 'I AM NOT INTP!'

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/target Jennifer

/cast Passionate Words
/cast Wall of Text

*Jennifer died.*

/yell 'I AM NOT INTP!'

Dammit, I swear I hit Feint + Evasion! WTF???

á´…eparted

passages
/target Jennifer

/cast Passionate Words
/cast Wall of Text

*Jennifer died.*

/yell 'I AM NOT INTP!'

LMAO! Best. Post. ever.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It appears that [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] has come to the conclusion that I am INTP. The basis of which comes from a discussion that occurred in this thread recently on the last few pages.

Would anyone care to inform him how far off the mark and wrong this analysis is? I've heard some ridiculous and silly type suggestions in my day, but this one really takes the cake.

Bro you are not INTP, you had your type nailed last time I talked to you

Mane

Permabanned
It appears that [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] has come to the conclusion that I am INTP. The basis of which comes from a discussion that occurred in this thread recently on the last few pages.

Would anyone care to inform him how far off the mark and wrong this analysis is? I've heard some ridiculous and silly type suggestions in my day, but this one really takes the cake.

The difference is between mechanical causal understanding and a semantic descriptive understanding:
If we define "A" as "fast digestive system" and "B" as "Slow digestive system", we could argue that you have a slow digestion but keep an active life style, so you can be a "B" but slim. On the other hand if we define those as descriptions rather then causes, "A" as "slim" & "B" as fat, then that inconsistency would be an oxymoron.

The core assumption with normative MBTI practices is that functions exist, and that assumption allow's us to envision and rationalize inconsistencies with competing conditions and factors influencing who you are - "You are an ENFJ, but the Fe isn't functioning normally because of Aspergers" - the idea is that your Fe & your asperger's are existing cognitive processes within yourself resulting in inconsistencies with either the Fe dom diagnosis or asperger diagnosis or both.

From what I've read of his posts, [MENTION=23846]Researcher[/MENTION] practices descriptive MBTI. If you do not assume that functions exist as actual cognitive "thing" within your mind, but are simply metaphors to describe who you are in total, then that MBTI description that fits you best would have to account for the aspergers.

Which understanding of MBTI wold be more correct is debatable: The purely descriptive version does not require anything to be proven, just a consensus of semantics of what words mean... Except that we don't really have such a consensus on applying them this way in the first place, and using etymology and applying to Jung as an authority tends to create more questions then answers (Frankly it brings Jung's own sanity and capacity for clear reasoning into question). The norm among those practicing and learning MBTI is to assume that cognitive processes are real, but that requires a leap of faith for assumptions that we have no definitive proof of.