• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's My Type? Enneagram Questionnaire. Hilf Mir!

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I've been obsessed with typology for around three years. I've put dozens of hours of research into it. I've got a bad case of analysis paralysis, and I've successfully ambiguated the reasons for what I do. A new perspective would be appreciated.
1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
I'm calm and relaxed at home. I yell and sing and otherwise behave frivolously alone and around my family.
2. Describe yourself-- I rarely take anything seriously. I play devil's advocate advocate around my good friends, and I often contrive plans to mess with them. I'm uncomfortable around strangers, but those present themselves as serious or fake upon introduction are prone to toxic one-liners.
a. What's it like to be you?
Boring.
b. What have others said about you? My parents and my brother think that I'm annoying, and they vilify me for joking around too much.
c. What do you think of yourself?
I think that I am a normal teenager who sucks at life, but is good at video games and science. I have a weird sense of humor.
3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
I've dealt with social rejection
4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
It's impossible for me to be oversensitive or histrionic. I hate whiny people who expect others to aid them in their despondency. It's also hard for me to be obstinately sure of anything - I always recognize the room for error.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
I'd like to be more confident and visceral around others; even though I can purport confidence, I'm likely to convince myself that I'm better off without other people. I noticed that I've constructed detrimental, but self-protective barriers to prevent myself from making social hiccups. I'd like to have the motivation or purpose.
5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you? Situation #1 : My friend kept trying to get me to play his video games, and he couldn't accept that I didn't want to play them even after trying them for a few hours. I criticized him for this and we got into a long-winded argument. He and I faded away. Situation #2 : I hung out with two other guys, but they teamed up against me, so I stopped talking with them. Situation #3 : Best friend just kind of faded out of contact with me. All other situations: Eric Cartman "Fuck you guys, I'm going home" kind of deal happened a lot. I never liked cliques.

6. Which types do you identify with most? ISTP, INTP, INFJ
a. How do you relate to these types? I'm a detached thinker like the ISTP and INTP, but I value virtue and humanity.
b. How do you NOT relate to them? I can be really obnoxious and immature, but it's never in the company of strangers or at formal events.

7. Which types are least like you? ExFJ, ISTJ
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types? Social hierarchy and power games. I indulge in weird habits and behavior. I hate meaningless obstinance and boundaries.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
ehhh.....
8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I've never looked for love. I'm seventeen. Teenagers get into relationships because that's what teenagers think that they need to do. Hikigaya Hachiman attitude.
9. What is the message your superego tells you?
Golden rule.
Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

I felt poorly about myself when I asked a girl out in middle school because her friends told me to, and I didn't talk to her after that. Her friends sent me a lot of negative texts, and I criticized myself for asking her out in the first place.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Independent, ruminative, tough.

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

2- to be "okay", having it together
6- to be devoted and loyal to a person or cause
7- to be sensitive, original, unique, and creative
1- to be knowlegeable
3- to be powerful, strong, unassailable.
9- to be accomplished and successful
4- to strive to become/behave like a good person
8- to be a loveable person
5- to be loving and benevolent

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectible

I have difficulty fitting in with others, and I have a generally cynical attitude towards 90% of people.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

3- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
8- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
2- Weak and not being on top of things
4- Failure
5- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
7- Entanglements and losing what I have
1- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
6- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
9- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
Since no one else has posted in this thread yet, I thought that I'd paste some pages from my current creative writing assignment here. I've heard that writing style is influenced by MBTI to an extent.

Chapter 4 - Reasons to Live and Complain
At rock bottom of boredom, most people looking for importance in life will find something to complain about. This is a sociological law that I’m the source on. Whether or not something is worth complaining about is up to the faultfinder; moreover, the threshold that decides the worth of a subject becomes more sensitive as one has less practical issues to worry about. The reason for this is that the fundamental needs of certain people living in well-off regions of the world being met, and even exceeded, prompts them to reevaluate their priorities in life. These people will, upon realizing that they have no raison d’etre, vociferously fight for petty causes. The noise that these crowds make alone is enough to attract equally disconsolate souls and render them social justice warriors. This activity can be observed immediately by browsing any social media website, or visiting cities predominantly occupied by young adults and teenagers. The obvious conclusion that one may draw from this is that people are either programmed to, or have convinced themselves that they are programmed to follow a cause.
Since the majority of wealth in the United States is distributed amongst the middle class, the majority young people in the U.S. are bored individuals who attach themselves to trite causes and mentalities. The reason why I specifically stated that young people are the social epicenter of this phenomenon is because young people have the least to worry about, and they haven’t lived long enough to grow tired of vapid and aimless complaining (even I am not exempt from this rule.) Additionally, most of the people who complain about civil rights and other banality would likely self-identify as liberals, though this should be apparent, given that young people are largely liberal.
If having a reason to live is a landmark of being human, then the reason "just because" could also be considered a reason that indicates humanity. In essence, affluence and boredom are like allergies; the stasis that boredom creates causes one’s tolerance to weaken, leading to the rejection of elements which used to not be a problem.

Chapter 5 - This Darned Project
“You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood. What mood is that? Last-minute panic.” - Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson)

The worst part about writing without a prompt is picking a side. Without a given writing prompt, one must first assess their values. “What do I care enough about to write a whole page?” “Why do I care about that?” “How am I going to argue in favor of my belief when it’s probably self-serving and subjective?” It’s an irritating process that can cause one’s brain to overheat and shut down completely. As a rule, I take situations case-by-case. Creating a surefire framework for deciding “how things should be” or “what is virtuous and correct” sounds like a fool’s errand. I can’t predict exactly how I’ll react to things in the future, especially with my labile perspective. Furthermore, I just can’t see how one could determine the “correctness” of those reactions.
My focus is on efficiency. I just want to get things over with. Other people can deal with potential morality issues. This may be a simple principle for me to live by, but it certainly doesn’t help when I’ve chosen to write about “personal philosophies.” Why did I choose this topic, you ask? Well, of course, that’s because writing a memoir would be much more embarrassing - forget how much easier it might have been for me. Writing a factual account of my life would have probably taken only class period or two with my typing speed - but being the prideful idiot that I am, I chose this topic. “But Writer, if you are really so unopinionated, then how did you write all of these chapters that deal explicitly with your own opinions?” The answer is simple: I just picked a side to argue, and typed away. Using shoddy and confusing logic with pretty wording is one of my specialties, and you can be sure that I’ll sound convinced of my own arguments if I try. Just know that whatever my beliefs are, I simply could not think of them at the time that I wrote those chapters. In the rare case that I had a sudden profound epiphany, or was under the influence of some extraordinary insight derived from a meaningful real-world experience, I might have been writing from my heart, but since I don’t have many of those experiences happen to me, you can count on never reading anything sincere from me. But that goes for most of us - especially the ones who aren’t aware of it. Long story short: writing assignments are evil and possibly fatal.

licidoydoy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You sound like a 4 or 5 to me. Because of the not fitting in. Would you say you feel like an alien or do you think the others don't understand you?
Do you feel understood and known inside your family?

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
I don't understand myself, and I don't care very much whether or not my peers or family understand me. I bottle up my personal issues so that other people aren't aware of them.