• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could I be mixed types?

Ryukishi

I've done the MBTI test the first time few days ago on Free personality test, type descriptions, relationship and career advice | 16Personalities.
I end up being INTJ, I really feel like some parts of me are INTJ but some other important parts are not. I'm not arrogant, sometimes yes, most of the time I don't show it and keep it for myself because I find arrogance stupid. I never intentionally hurt someone, I'm always walking on eggshell not hurting anyone except when I feel someone is being a pricks and needs to be replaced. I hate dating and social rule that true but I'm a big romantic. I'm also a really really artistic guy, professional jazz guitarist, good signer, sculptor, 3D modeling artist and digital artist. My goal in life is to be in an little associated group leading an enterprise in the video game industry. In not a tactical guy, I don't really plan things that much, I don't follow structure that much, I've been holding seriously an agenda the first time this year. My process of learning art has always been improvised and self taught.
I'm Behind-the-Scenes (Informing and Responding)
Idealist/Catalyst (Abstract and Affiliative)
That gave me INFP but that my brother, and I'm just a little bit like him.
When I read the artistic type ISFP, I feel some similarities but not as much as INTJ.
I feel like this system is one of the most accurate I've seen but maybe it can be even more precise.
Anyway thanks for your time.

Cygnus

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that INTJ, ISFP, ENTJ, and ESFP all have the same functions (Fi, Te, Ni, Se), just in different orders. These 4 functions make the Gamma Quadrant. If you had Fe - Ti - Se - Ni you'd be in the Beta Quadra (STPs and NFJs), if Fi - Te - Si - Ne then Delta, and if Fe - Ti - Ne - Si then Alpha.

All the types you tested as, INTJ, INFP, and ISFP have a Fi-Te axis so you can work on that as a constant. INTJ and ISFP are both in the Gamma Quadrant. Types in the same quadrant are mirror images of other types in the quadrant. They have the same fundamental traits and tastes, just expressed in different ways.
INTJ and ISFP are about the same. Under stress, the logical side of the ISFP may resemble the INTJ and the INTJ's deepest emotions reflect the ISFP.

The trick is SF vs. NT. If you're more of a moralist, "protector" figure who feels deeply about his surroundings but seldom exposes it, you're ISFP. If you view the world through logic and like an Ni "labyrinth," this is INTJ.

Ryukishi

There is some terms in need to understand, is extrovert/introvert intuition/sensing means the attitude people have toward those aspect? Example an Ne will more likely externalize is intuition? Isn't that the exact same thing as Te, externalizing the thinking? If not what is the difference?
I hate that feeling of not being sure about what type I am lol, I feel like there is a flaw. I'm protective, but I don't need to expose it or not since everybody is safe, I just can't be cold with my family I'm like programmed like that. I see the world in relative term but my opinion about that are the hardest thing to move, and I genuinely think that if someone doesn't share that idea he is immediately wrong, being always relative ends up finding multiple way to make contradictions plausible, but on the first sight my view of the world seems completely illogical when in reality it is made of so much different system of logic hold together that the global vision of it recalls illogical reasoning. But in the end I would say I'm as much logical as imaginative, my relative thinking accept and easily create system for contradicting elements.

Ryukishi

I read most of them, sure I have a little bit of all and I rather say I'm 75% INTJ, 10% ISFP, 5% whatever, than saying that I'm 100% INTJ. I think that is possible for certain people to be 100% a type but couldn't be possible for 7 billion of people. Plus we are all dynamic and change over time, but I still think that this system could be a little bit more precise.

Ryukishi

I might be more ISFP than I think, especially for the caring part, but I would tend to debate like crazy over anything.

Cygnus

Your style of textwalling vibes Fi/Te axis. Specifically the kind where a Fi tries to tap into the Te but just can't.
The voice is undeveloped. There's no power or intent in the tone.

Text is too unrefined and disorganized for Te-creative. The information is there, there's a desire to make use of it--but it lacks the necessary structure and organization to get its point across.

also
I think that is possible for certain people to be 100% a type but couldn't be possible for 7 billion of people. Plus we are all dynamic and change over time, but I still think that this system could be a little bit more precise.
^"Nobody's just one type, we're all bigger than that." CLASSIC Fi copout. You don't want to be put in a box.

Ryukishi

Your style of textwalling vibes Fi/Te axis. Specifically the kind where a Fi tries to tap into the Te but just can't.
The voice is undeveloped. There's no power or intent in the tone.

Text is too unrefined and disorganized for Te-creative. The information is there, there's a desire to make use of it--but it lacks the necessary structure and organization to get its point across.
Well English is not my first language, could that be a sign of undeveloped unrefined disorganized text voice and tone? Yeah my organised part of INTJ is not there for some aspects, it's the missing part. I'm organised in my disorganization, and I tend to be more and more organised with time. When I was young I was much more messed up and introverted. And now I tend to start everything in a unorganized way and end it up getting it more and more organised, especially if the subject is new to me.
^"Nobody's just one type, we're all bigger than that." CLASSIC Fi copout. You don't want to be put in a box.
Are you Fi? Because you just support what I was saying by using a different sentence. If it's for saying that people can be 100% a type, I just said it was possible not certain, since I read so many people agreeing with the definition of their types like crazy, and so few arguing it. I don't have any factual evidence on that subject, I can only theorize. But saying that it can be possible was to emphases on the idea that "since I'm not, is it possible some people are?". Plus MBTI seems not giving the possibility to have out of box result, I'm not that innocent to agree with the 16 labels only. I think of the same system but with more unique result, like NPIT introvert descendant ISFP.

Lark

I think everyone is but you are bound to have preferences and function more naturally one way than another.

Ryukishi

I think everyone is but you are bound to have preferences and function more naturally one way than another.
Is there a good test? Or is it better to look at the descriptions and evaluate our dominant type and minor types? Or ask someone else? What do you think I am the most at first glance?

Lark

Is there a good test? Or is it better to look at the descriptions and evaluate our dominant type and minor types? Or ask someone else? What do you think I am the most at first glance?

I think its impossible to tell with the information which is likely to be available on an online forum, personally I think reading Jung and some of his theories about the psyche is more useful than MBTI to be honest.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=23816]Ryukishi[/MENTION]

We are all just one type.
We are able to behave like other types.
What changes is how much strong our preferences are.

Even if our preferences are extremely thin they are still preferences. That's what type is describing.
You could be an ISFP with balanced S&N, F&T and P&J but STILL have a slight preference over S, F and P. Or the other way around.
But I guess is most likely that you tend to behave in certain ways because you're unconsciously under the influence of people around you and their ideas.
This is a rough thought but I believe that if you used to be very chaotic and you are now improving and trying to get better at being more organized you may just be a P that is being forced to behave like a J.
A study says that since the majority of our society is composed by SJs, their influence is quite strong, therefore most xP types force themselves to behave like them.

Is uncommon for T types to take in consideration the possibility of being F types because they are logic enough to know that emotions are an obstacle to the accurate thought. Emotions don't make a person dumb, they are a really peculiar mysterious source of knowledge, but also misleading in a variety of scientific topics. When I study I try to concentrate on the logic rather than emotions, but it doesn't come natural to me.
I don't like to be put in a box either, even though when it makes sense I accept it.

I believe most people that constantly finds a lot of flaws on the MBTI are just scared to get to know oneself better. MBTI doesn't tell you what you ARE, what you like, how you behave like, is describing your thinking pattern. And starting from there a lot of people of the same type find out with statistics that they have a lot of things in common. I believe that that's what type descriptions are basically saying. ISFP: ''these people usually behave like this due to their thinking pattern''. But we all experience different things in life and psychology needs context.
For example, they say INFPs are the type that tends to love cats the most. But if a young INFP got their face painfully scratched by a wild kitten, I don't think they are gonna like cats as much growing up. They also say that INFPs are usually writers. But if an INFPs mom died buried under a shelf filled with thick old books, I don't think they will ever be able to touch a book.
Of course these are dumb examples that can be kind of extreme, but that's the concept.

English isn't my first language either, so I understand the way you feel. Even though is pretty common for Fi types to believe they are logic thinking types, because their inferior Te function is struggling to get stronger. I've seem some pretty brilliant and organized Fi thoughts. It just takes more time for us to begin to use our Te decently.

Ryukishi

This is a rough thought but I believe that if you used to be very chaotic and you are now improving and trying to get better at being more organized you may just be a P that is being forced to behave like a J.
Well I'm too much independent to be forced, I feel like that the lack of parent supervision in my youth made me chaotic and forced me to want to be more organized, I started being organized not long ago and feel so much better, it's like a late maturation have finally come. I never felt ass good in my life.

Is uncommon for T types to take in consideration the possibility of being F types because they are logic enough to know that emotions are an obstacle to the accurate thought. Emotions don't make a person dumb, they are a really peculiar mysterious source of knowledge, but also misleading in a variety of scientific topics.
I only use emotion in my art and closest friends. I'm very very Fi. When it comes to debates, science and philosophy, I need facts, stats, real thing, I hate emotional sentences like quotes or maxims when it comes to debates.

MBTI doesn't tell you what you ARE, what you like, how you behave like, is describing your thinking pattern. And starting from there a lot of people of the same type find out with statistics that they have a lot of things in common. I believe that that's what type descriptions are basically saying.
Well I don't really disagree, I just saw intj and damn that really me except for a few things, I'm a cold pricks and judgmental towards people, but I introvertly, because I don't want to hurt. Then I saw there were a artistic type, look, and few of my emotional part that wasn't in the INTJ was there, but most of the rest was not me.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well I'm too much independent to be forced, I feel like that the lack of parent supervision in my youth made me chaotic and forced me to want to be more organized, I started being organized not long ago and feel so much better, it's like a late maturation have finally come. I never felt ass good in my life.

I only use emotion in my art and closest friends. I'm very very Fi. When it comes to debates, science and philosophy, I need facts, stats, real thing, I hate emotional sentences like quotes or maxims when it comes to debates.

Well I don't really disagree, I just saw intj and damn that really me except for a few things, I'm a cold pricks and judgmental towards people, but I introvertly, because I don't want to hurt. Then I saw there were a artistic type, look, and few of my emotional part that wasn't in the INTJ was there, but most of the rest was not me.

Yes. Of course. Everyone needs a bit of structure. It doesn't mean that it comes naturally to us. I had the same problem. My parents weren't really much present as I grew up and they couldn't SJ me. My sister instead, since she was a baby she was extremely organized by nature. She doesn't need a parent to make her like that.

You could be an INTP, Ne likes to consider multiple options and doesn't conform with just a single possibility.
Plus they are quite creative, they make really good artists as well.
My INTP partner is extremely clean and organized, but he is a lazy chaotic person by nature. But he really enjoys order if he is the one that chooses it.
Also, INTPs and INTJs can be extremely similar.

Ryukishi

Thanks, It's true they are very similar, but looking at the INTP profile I feel the same but kind of opposite as what I felt with ISFP profile. In the INTP I find the more intellectual aspect like INTJ but still lack the emotion part that I have. I have a friend that got INTP and I do not recognize him, it's a weird type. We are really different guys, but we both are really good buy to our surrounding which can make us look similar at first glance, but we are really different in structure at least what I know of him of what he shows to me. Maybe your right, this is just the inner structure, and maybe we are the only one to know what we are, what we hide, like the true structure inside, and what we show, the "veil". Thinking in term of structure I'm can say I'm very INTJ, but in term of what I show and like to show, my "veil" is a bit of everything.

Occam's Chainsaw

Thinking in term of structure I'm can say I'm very INTJ, but in term of what I show and like to show, my "veil" is a bit of everything.

I relate to this. The veil or mask, though, is generally not something INTJs do, is it? They stick out for being unconventional and know they do, if I understand correctly.

Ryukishi

I relate to this. The veil or mask, though, is generally not something INTJs do, is it? They stick out for being unconventional and know they do, if I understand correctly.

Well I can't lie, like INTJ, they don't act, they are true. I've created a emotional mask because I often been left alone because of my animal kind of state. By learning what was hurting I hided the arrogant part of me. Maybe my emotional aspect is calculated, but I don't like to hurt. Sometime it's the other way around, people come to me and remind me how I was rude, and all surprised, that's an aspect that I can't hide, looking rude on how I speak, but I'm not rude inside lol.