• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Want to know your type? Video chat with me!

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Video chatting is a simple method to discern someone's type. You can ask questions in real time, observe people's reactions, body language etc. and I type people based on people's preferred Jungian cognition based on how Jung originally explained his psychological types theory.

All I ask from you is to have a microphone/web camera and a Google account and add me on Google: kamishi584

Scheduling a time can be done here: The Typologist Appointment Booker

Last edited by a moderator:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I approve :)

...edit:: except I cannot make an appointment yet =(

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
web page is not available what's the money? should i suspect your gonna make us pay? it's the internet you can't trust internet people. k well bye i might but probably not

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
like i asked in personalitycafe, is facetime not an option??

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Oh darn, if only I didn't know my type, then I could say no. Either way, maybe I will do this one day, when I have the free time. And everything else I'd need to do this.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
web page is not available what's the money? should i suspect your gonna make us pay? it's the internet you can't trust internet people. k well bye i might but probably not

For some reason the URL didn't work in the OP. I edited it so it works now, otherwise this is the link:

The Typologist

Should be the correct link. And no, it clearly says donations are accepted but are not necessary. Since this is taking up a lot of my spare time donations are much appreciated seeing how I give one hour of my time to everyone I type.

like i asked in personalitycafe, is facetime not an option??
What is facetime?

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
basically videochat through iphones

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION] Interesting. I help people navigate Enneagram in a similar way (but IRL). I second the question about your credentials or experience (in certain cases, I'd respect the latter as much as the former).

I noticed you and I are the same tritype, a combination I do think lends itself to discernment, intuition and an ability to puzzle solve in an unbiased manner. That's been my experience anyway, specifically relationally, emotionally and in regards to identity (though I know that's in part b/c I lead with 4).

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
basically videochat through iphones

I don't have an iPhone so that's not possible. The only equivalent that I have is Android and/or Skype/Line.

[MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION] Interesting. I help people navigate Enneagram in a similar way (but IRL). I second the question about your credentials or experience (in certain cases, I'd respect the latter as much as the former).

I noticed you and I are the same tritype, a combination I do think lends itself to discernment, intuition and an ability to puzzle solve in an unbiased manner. That's been my experience anyway, specifically relationally, emotionally and in regards to identity (though I know that's in part b/c I lead with 4).

My credentials are essentially that I have studied typology and been active on typology discussion boards for about 3-4 years. I have read Jung, articles by Viktor Gulenko, books by Sandra Maitri and Claudio Naranjo etc. and I'd say I have vast insight and knowledge about typology as a system. I consider myself possessing high accuracy when it comes to matching people to their corresponding types.

As for tritype, I don't really consider it that relevant, motivationally speaking, nor do I think they hold much weight. It's a toss up for me with head types. I don't relate much to either of them but I think overall my behavior is probably closer to type 5 than it is 6, so that's the basis on which I type.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, cool, I can skype then :)

Nicodemus

I consider myself possessing high accuracy when it comes to matching people to their corresponding types.
Not to rain on your parade, but a great many people on typology forums would say something similar about themselves. If I remember correctly, two years ago, you considered yourself an INTP, right?

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not to rain on your parade, but a great many people on typology forums would say something similar about themselves. If I remember correctly, two years ago, you considered yourself an INTP, right?

Do you have any idea how much one can learn and refine what they know in that amount of time? Most people on typology forums simply read the forum posts, they hardly delve into it and they quickly assume labels and they quickly give into stereotypes.
You for example, 8,100 posts. That's insane, I'm also to assume that most of what you've "learned" has been through forum use rather than studying on your own such as articles or what have you like Kamishi.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Actually, afaik, I never typed as an INTP on this forum, only INFP for a while before I changed to INTJ. And of course, most people would say something similar but I believe that actions speak louder than words. Here is a sample interview I did yesterday:

Type interview with DonutsGalacticos - INFP - YouTube

It's a little long and boring as I dragged it out more than I had to just to ensure I was really sure on my verdict when it came to this person's type. I was quite sure about 15-20 min into the interview. On Personality Cafe, I have a reputation to possess good typology knowledge and I'm intending to get an MBTI certificate though the certificate itself is rather useless at this point, since it won't teach me anything new, but it's more for practical purposes. On Personality Cafe my username is Entropic.

You can be skeptical if you want, but I think it seems a little needless. You can ask me questions if you want to test my knowledge.

Do you know how much one can learn and refine what they know in that amount of time? Most people on typology forums simply read the forum posts, they hardly delve into it and they quickly assume labels and they quickly give into stereotypes.
You for example, 8,100 posts. That's insane, I'm also to assume that most of what you've "learned" has been through forum use rather than studying on your own such as articles or what have you like Kamishi.

To be fair, a lot of what I've learned is also from discussing the subject on the forum but yes, I've also read articles and the like.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand that, but most of what people spew is not "fact" and more from what they think they know so it clouds actual more concrete understanding of others thinking.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand that, but most of what people spew is not "fact" and more from what they think they know so it clouds actual more concrete understanding of others thinking.

Yes, I agree, which is why I can understand the criticism aimed at me.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For some reason the URL didn't work in the OP. I edited it so it works now, otherwise this is the link:

The Typologist

Should be the correct link. And no, it clearly says donations are accepted but are not necessary. Since this is taking up a lot of my spare time donations are much appreciated seeing how I give one hour of my time to everyone I type.

What is facetime?

I watched most of your example video. You do a good job of asking questions and seeking examples of behaviors. You're a good listener. I liked your points about thinking being a tertiary or inferior function, the clear differentiation between Fi/Fe and introverted energy. The INFP typing does seem right for this person. I'm curious as to the origin of some of your questions like about how the person reacts towards aggression. Generally, the style seems good - ask questions, listen well, seek examples, connect the dots and arrive at a conclusion. I also liked the fact that you used qualifying words - you didn't definitively come out and state that they had to be a certain type. You said something like they seemed to be this type and then provided explanation and rational for your assessment.

I recall you being on the forum a fair bit a couple years ago and thinking you were quite knowledgeable then, though I thought you were a little too confident in your knowledge at the time :). I think I gave you a hard time about it and felt bad afterwards.

I like your thread here but we will have to look at this from a policy standpoint, i.e., advertising, because we don't allow commercial interests. I do understand why you would ask for donations as I can imagine how much time this could take.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I watched most of your example video. You do a good job of asking questions and seeking examples of behaviors. You're a good listener. I liked your points about thinking being a tertiary or inferior function, the clear differentiation between Fi/Fe and introverted energy. The INFP typing does seem right for this person. I'm curious as to the origin of some of your questions like about how the person reacts towards aggression. Generally, the style seems good - ask questions, listen well, seek examples, connect the dots and arrive at a conclusion. I also liked the fact that you used qualifying words - you didn't definitively come out and state that they had to be a certain type. You said something like they seemed to be this type and then provided explanation and rational for your assessment.

I recall you being on the forum a fair bit a couple years ago and thinking you were quite knowledgeable then, though I thought you were a little too confident in your knowledge at the time :). I think I gave you a hard time about it and felt bad afterwards.

I like your thread here but we will have to look at this from a policy standpoint, i.e., advertising, because we don't allow commercial interests. I do understand why you would ask for donations as I can imagine how much time this could take.

Yes, I was more active a year or so ago on this forum, but kind of lost interest in it. I understand if you want to take a stance due to it being a form of advertisement though again, this is not done out of primary monetary concerns but just offering feedback to the community in a way I think is overall more constructive than a dozen of type me threads that eventually don't lead anywhere and the person remains confused. Seen it happen a lot and I think listening to people, allow them to give their time and say on the matter, asking questions etc. will make people feel more secure and understanding of what type is being suggested to them.

Some of my questions are based more on a socionics definition as I think the functions are one and the same in both systems. I think socionics comes closer to actually describing more concrete behavior and manifestations of the functions in people, so I may use that as a way to hash out other options and alternatives.