• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EVEN MORE CONFUSED THAN BEFORE! HELP!

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, so I narrowed my options down and either I'm an ENFP with very well developed reflexes, coordination, and focus, or an ENTJ. My family says that I act more ENFP but a past female friend told me I acted like Gale Hawthorne, who is an ENTJ. Plus I used the type guide on the forum and got ENTJ, yet when I take the test myself I get ENFP. If you could ask me some questions to help determine which one I am then that would be great!

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't matter. :)

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't matter. :)

So either you're saying that it doesn't matter who I am, or that I'm both....
Well quite frankly, I believe you. I am so confused by functions that I didn't believe in them for a while and dismissed them as just theories, labeling myself as an ENFP/ESTP hybrid, but the people on here that seem like the know what they're talking about said that that was impossible. But that's part of being a Ne user, believing in the impossible. I still don't want to make myself look like an idiot by comstantly saying that I'm an idealist that uses Se. All I know is that either I'm an ENFP that somehow developed the anilities that Se controls, that I'm an ENTJ with a well developed feeling side, or that I'm some kind of whacky ENFP/ESTP. Tell me, do cognitive fumctioms exist? Or are they just theories? Maybe once I understand functioms completely I'll be able to type myself.

Cygnus

Well, when you move on to Socionics, it groups based on Quadra and Temperament. If you have a Judgment Axis and a Perception Axis of a narrowed-down quadra then temperament doesn't matter quite as much. The trick is determine whether you're Ne/Si or Se/Ni and whether you're Te/Fi or Fe/Ti.

Off the bat you seem to identify with Fi/Te. Have you been told your enthusiasm shows when it shouldn't? Are you more relaxed in terms of friendships rather than taking them very seriously? Is the general idea more important than specific facts, because it all ties up in the end? Do you sometimes come off as too dramatic? If so, this could indicate Fe/Ti.

Or are you very serious and authenticity-valuing in friendships? Are rules important to you? Have you been told you take certain things as insults that weren't meant to seriously offend? Do you focus on protecting and shelling your emotional state? Consider Fi/Te.

Do you have trouble containing your energy? Do you have your own personal narrative of the world no one else sees? Are you sensitive to physical changes in your environment? Se/Ni.

Can you easily anticipate sequences of events? Is your body "a rock," preferring to stay in its place? Ne/Si.

DerekEvans01

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, when you move on to Socionics, it groups based on Quadra and Temperament. If you have a Judgment Axis and a Perception Axis of a narrowed-down quadra then temperament doesn't matter quite as much. The trick is determine whether you're Ne/Si or Se/Ni and whether you're Te/Fi or Fe/Ti.

Off the bat you seem to identify with Fi/Te. Have you been told your enthusiasm shows when it shouldn't? Are you more relaxed in terms of friendships rather than taking them very seriously? Is the general idea more important than specific facts, because it all ties up in the end? Do you sometimes come off as too dramatic? If so, this could indicate Fe/Ti.

Or are you very serious and authenticity-valuing in friendships? Are rules important to you? Have you been told you take certain things as insults that weren't meant to seriously offend? Do you focus on protecting and shelling your emotional state? Consider Fi/Te.

Do you have trouble containing your energy? Do you have your own personal narrative of the world no one else sees? Are you sensitive to physical changes in your environment? Se/Ni.

Can you easily anticipate sequences of events? Is your body "a rock," preferring to stay in its place? Ne/Si.

Well yes I'm definitely te/fi. And based on your description I'm most likely Se/Ni. So I could possibly be a SP or and NJ. Now what. Oh and btw [MENTION=22109]Evee[/MENTION] sorry I misinterpreted that.

Cygnus

You're Gamma.

Your behavior will indicate your specific type within the quadra. If you're more of a hardline moralist, you're ESI ISFj (ISFP), if you're really expressive and enjoy improvising you're SEE ESFp. If you're calculated and logical you're ENTj or INTp, simple introversion vs. extroversion will distinguish those two.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, so I narrowed my options down and either I'm an ENFP with very well developed reflexes, coordination, and focus, or an ENTJ. My family says that I act more ENFP but a past female friend told me I acted like Gale Hawthorne, who is an ENTJ. Plus I used the type guide on the forum and got ENTJ, yet when I take the test myself I get ENFP. If you could ask me some questions to help determine which one I am then that would be great!

Are you confused about your type?

Yes.

ENFP.

Alea_iacta_est

Beneficiary Mistype Probability:

Many IEEs often confuse themselves with LIE due to their love of and over-estimation of their own Mobilizing :Te:, since it is heavily valued but is ultimately weak in the psyche.

ENFPs mistype often as ENTJs essentially.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So if an ENTJ/ENTP walks in, he/she is an ENFP? Good to know. This is the case where I have been wrong then. Whoops.

Not going to challenge this rule, because I've yet to know for certain an ENFP.