• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You. Yes, You. Help me type my buddy. :3

Empressc

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can you help me give an idea on what her possible type is? I'm just curious. :unsure:
I never got the chance to ask her to answer a questionnaire of some sort, so I'll try my best to describe her.

*She's soon to be 20 in a few months.

*She goes on her way very fast. I mean when she's reaching a goal of some sort, she makes a plan and back ups then goes straight to action.

*You can trip while running fast. In her case, she tripped when she's almost done with college. She got anxious. The impact of sudden feels kinda crippled her so she stopped for a while. Well she was a bit robotic at first, and like stereotypical nerd student minus the glasses, but after she got anxious, she became a bit emotional.

*She is messy when working with something but when you look at her bags and stuff, it's pretty neat. In terms of dressing up, she usually wears black clothes, but sometimes she dresses up like someone who is going to work. So she's 50/50 messy?

*Arguing with her is kinda hard. It rarely happens but when it does, whether she's right or wrong, she may seem like she's always right, like a lawyer. She can be quite persuasive. When you do back up your side with information and valid reason, she will let go of her side. While it's easy for her to change her side, it can be hard for others to make her change it.

*She sometimes looks like she's judging you. According to her, she sometimes judge things but won't really speak it out loud unless they asked her about what she think of those things. She's straightforward and usually dislikes beating around the bush. She can be quite insensitive. Also when she's really annoyed about something, it's expected that there will be a lot of complaining. She also usually doesn't care about what other thinks about her.

*It's hard reaching out to her. She can be approached easily but reaching out to her can be really hard, so there's only a few of us in her buddy list. She may act a bit bitchy but she's a nice person. She is gentler to people who are close to her but still can be bitchy. (I'm bad at describing.)

*It's also a bit hard to calculate her sometimes. Like for example when meeting up with someone who is late, the chance of her leaving or staying is usually 50/50, so it's kinda hard to tell. She doesn't really like it when people are late without any valid reason since she can be impatient. Speaking of tardiness, sometimes she can be really early and sometimes she's late but when she is late, she'll usually tell you right away.

*When she gives her word or promised something, you can guarantee that she will really do it, and when she can't (pretty uncommon when it's a given promise) she'll usually tell it right away. It's also hard to get her word since she values words and promises.

*She's a fast learner usually learning through observations but lately she said that she really disliked studying. She seems to be confident in what she can do and also knows what she can't do. When you compliment her about this, she'll usually deny it.

*She sometimes stays in her head especially when doing nothing or bored. When I asked her last time, she just said that she's usually imagining. She's writing a story right now. She also like reading books, playing games and watching films. She likes psychological horror/thriller, mystery and animations. She also like satires. Some of her interests are history, science, and local politics.

Sorry, I'm bad at describing people. OTL
I'll try to ask her to answer some helpful questionnaires here if I'm still curious.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I keep thinking ISTJ.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Those are just personality traits. Not related to type unless we know why that person does what she does.

Empressc

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see how that makes a difference. But just for the sake of it, my impression is Se ego. Possibly Te. Maybe ESFP. Really, we're just looking at the sea from an airplane here.

I'm only asking what are the most likely ones based on this detail lacking description. Meh. :sorry:
Anyways, For you~ 476911825833948.png

:saturned:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see how that makes a difference. But just for the sake of it, my impression is Se ego. Possibly Te. Maybe ESFP. Really, we're just looking at the sea from an airplane here.

The Se-dom who likes history, science, and local politics? Ok.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ traits, stolen from PersonalityPage.com

• Value tradition, security, and peaceful living
  • Will work long and hard to fulfill duties
  • Can be depended on to follow through on tasks
  • Loyal and faithful
  • Stable, practical and down-to-earth
  • Family-minded
  • Dislike doing things which don't make sense to them
  • Dislike abstract theory, unless they see the practical application
  • Natural leaders
  • Prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when necessary
  • Extremely observant, they take in facts via their senses and store them internally
  • Vast, rich inner store of facts which they rely on to understand problems which they encounter in their lives
  • Profound respect for facts and concrete information
  • Make decisions objectively, applying logic and rational thinking
  • Dislike change, unless they are shown it's benefit in a concrete way
  • Have strong opinions about the way things should be done
  • Appreciate structured, orderly environments
  • Have very high standards for their own behavior and the behavior of others
  • Not naturally in-tune with other people's feelings
  • Able to accomplish almost anything if they put their minds to it
  • Community minded "good citizens"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can you help me give an idea on what her possible type is? I'm just curious. :unsure:
I never got the chance to ask her to answer a questionnaire of some sort, so I'll try my best to describe her.

*She's soon to be 20 in a few months.

Irrelevant but hot.

*She goes on her way very fast. I mean when she's reaching a goal of some sort, she makes a plan and back ups then goes straight to action.

Makes a plan, goes straight to action - sounds Te. Not Se.

*You can trip while running fast. In her case, she tripped when she's almost done with college. She got anxious. The impact of sudden feels kinda crippled her so she stopped for a while. Well she was a bit robotic at first, and like stereotypical nerd student minus the glasses, but after she got anxious, she became a bit emotional.

ISTJ and INTJ are a 'bit robotic' types, if not very robotic. "Emotional" - which emotions?

*She is messy when working with something but when you look at her bags and stuff, it's pretty neat. In terms of dressing up, she usually wears black clothes, but sometimes she dresses up like someone who is going to work. So she's 50/50 messy?

"Messy" is a stereotype. As for dress, we would want to know if it was conservative, or casual... Color is relevant, and black seems very conservative unless she's into goth. ISTJ is a very conservative type.

*Arguing with her is kinda hard. It rarely happens but when it does, whether she's right or wrong, she may seem like she's always right, like a lawyer. She can be quite persuasive. When you do back up your side with information and valid reason, she will let go of her side. While it's easy for her to change her side, it can be hard for others to make her change it.

Always convince the ISTJ of reasons to believe a certain way. Normally they are quite hard-headed.

*She sometimes looks like she's judging you. According to her, she sometimes judge things but won't really speak it out loud unless they asked her about what she think of those things. She's straightforward and usually dislikes beating around the bush. She can be quite insensitive. Also when she's really annoyed about something, it's expected that there will be a lot of complaining. She also usually doesn't care about what other thinks about her.

The third sentence can describe ESTJ or ISTJ, but the second sentence tends toward ISTJ. Insensitivity is a Te trait (also Ti). The entire paragraph makes her look like the Thinking type. Disliking "beating around the bush" is also a Sensing trait.

*It's hard reaching out to her. She can be approached easily but reaching out to her can be really hard, so there's only a few of us in her buddy list. She may act a bit bitchy but she's a nice person. She is gentler to people who are close to her but still can be bitchy. (I'm bad at describing.)

ISTJ all over the place.

*It's also a bit hard to calculate her sometimes. Like for example when meeting up with someone who is late, the chance of her leaving or staying is usually 50/50, so it's kinda hard to tell. She doesn't really like it when people are late without any valid reason since she can be impatient. Speaking of tardiness, sometimes she can be really early and sometimes she's late but when she is late, she'll usually tell you right away.

Te or Fe, but the weight of the rest of the description comes down firmly on Te.

*When she gives her word or promised something, you can guarantee that she will really do it, and when she can't (pretty uncommon when it's a given promise) she'll usually tell it right away. It's also hard to get her word since she values words and promises.

ISTJ!!!!!!!!

*She's a fast learner usually learning through observations but lately she said that she really disliked studying. She seems to be confident in what she can do and also knows what she can't do. When you compliment her about this, she'll usually deny it.

Learning through observations uses Sensing. (I have a hard time learning through observation.)

*She sometimes stays in her head especially when doing nothing or bored. When I asked her last time, she just said that she's usually imagining. She's writing a story right now. She also like reading books, playing games and watching films. She likes psychological horror/thriller, mystery and animations. She also like satires. Some of her interests are history, science, and local politics.

Si is a very imaginative type. The list of interests leads me to think Si based on the weight of the evidence.

Sorry, I'm bad at describing people. OTL
I'll try to ask her to answer some helpful questionnaires here if I'm still curious.

I gave a list of ISTJ traits in the previous post.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are just personality traits. Not related to type unless we know why that person does what she does.

Personality traits are related to personality types. Have you gone off the deep end?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
The Se-dom who likes history, science, and local politics? Ok.

The Ti-dom who relies on stereotypes? Okay.

Personality traits are related to personality types. Have you gone off the deep end?

Alright, let's say X is a guy who is imaginative. Now, would you type him based on that information?
Point is, not all personality traits pertain to cognitive type.

Your typing is based on a person's superficial (she admitted it) description of her friend.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Ti-dom who relies on stereotypes? Okay.

Alright, let's say X is a guy who is imaginative. Now, would you type him based on that information?
Point is, not all personality traits pertain to cognitive type.

Your typing is based on a person's superficial (she admitted it) description of her friend.

Personality traits are not about stereotypes. There is no Se playfulness described in the OP. Playful thinking leads to playful behavior. A mind that is all over the place seeking possibilities leads to similar behavior. You are asking the OP to ignore behavior and be a mind reader. The person being described is most likely an ISTJ. I'm not saying she IS an ISTJ based on behavioral descriptions, only that she most likely is.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Personality traits are not about stereotypes. There is no Se playfulness described in the OP. Playful thinking leads to playful behavior. A mind that is all over the place seeking possibilities leads to similar behavior. You are asking the OP to ignore behavior and be a mind reader. The person being described is most likely an ISTJ. I'm not saying she IS an ISTJ based on behavioral descriptions, only that she most likely is.

Alright, no. Se is not in the least about playfulness. Se is intense, it doesn't fool around. Playfulness is more in the realm of Si/Fe. A mind that is all over the place seeking possibilities? Playful thinking? That sounds like Ne. Se would just cut the crap, it would find seeking possibilities exasperating because of Ni's predilection towards a singular goal. Impracticality? Mental masturbation? Thinking just for the sake of it? Se hates that shit.
Behavior is not a credible indicator of cognitive type. It's no different from judging a book by its cover. Sure, tendencies can be considered. But behavior? Not really.
Except for a comment about how being imaginative made her an Si (not sure where you drew that correlation), you basically compared the person's behavior with that of a stereotypical ISTJ model. Where is the Si? I can see the Te. But what about inferior Ne?

By the way, how can you be an Ni subtype as an LII?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, no. Se is not in the least about playfulness. Se is intense, it doesn't fool around. Playfulness is more in the realm of Si/Fe. A mind that is all over the place seeking possibilities? Playful thinking? That sounds like Ne. Se would just cut the crap, it would find seeking possibilities exasperating because of Ni's predilection towards a singular goal. Impracticality? Mental masturbation? Thinking just for the sake of it? Se hates that shit.
Behavior is not a credible indicator of cognitive type. It's no different from judging a book by its cover. Sure, tendencies can be considered. But behavior? Not really.
Except for a comment about how being imaginative made her an Si (not sure where you drew that correlation), you basically compared the person's behavior with that of a stereotypical ISTJ model. Where is the Si? I can see the Te. But what about inferior Ne?

By the way, how can you be an Ni subtype as an LII?

I didn't put the Ni there. I don't think. Anyway, I just ignore socionics. My path through all this takes me into the background of the enneagram itself, which is only lecture 37 of a long series of Fourth Way lectures given by Gurdjieff and Ouspensky. So focusing solely on the enneagram is like focusing only on limits in calculus, there is more to it than that. There is also a distinction to be made between the enneagram of personality and the enneagram of enlightenment.

"Se is intense, it doesn't fool around," that is not reminiscent of Se at all. Perhaps we're simply not on the same playing field here. I would say that Te is intense and doesn't fool around, at least in my experience with the Te type either as dominant or auxiliary.

My final statement says "The list of interests leads me to think Si based on the weight of the evidence." Based on the weight of evidence, not on one thing taken out of the entire OP.