• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

HELP PLS. Typing Through A Story.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Hey! I thought this would be a cool way to ask you guys what you think my type is. I had recently put up a thread on this forum...but that really led me nowhere. I appreciate all those who helped me. I know I use Ne/Si. I want you guys to help me analyze if my reaction in this story was that of Te/Fi or Ti/Fe. So, here's a story that happened to me today:

Last night, Sarah and I left our project which we had been working on for one month in the library. The librarian said she'd keep it safe and allow us to come and grab it today. So we arrived today and lo and behold! the project was missing. The librarian though that our project must have been picked up by the custodians. She was afraid it'd been thrown out.

Now, we went to the custodian but he said he didn't know where it was...so it had either been thrown out or lying in the dumpster. So Sarah and I headed towards the dumpster, the custodian in tow. At this point Sarah was at the point of tears and although she is shy and was averting her eyes because she didn't want anyone to know maybe. I was pacing alongside her across the hallway telling her all the ways we could redeem our grade if we didn't find the project. I was fairly stoic but I was sad too at first, however I didn't cry or anything. I was coming up with "battle plans" and thinking of a million different ideas we could redeem our grades. I was probably frightening her by saying things like "if we don't find the board we can do this...or this..." I didn't take her feelings of fear and anguish into consideration at that moment. I was merely coming up with various ideas we could work this out.

In my head I was figuring out how I could take control of the situation and manage the situation ie "If Sarah burst into tears I will do this" In retrospect I didn't realized I was stressed out...it was only after we found the board in the dumpster my teacher had to ask me to take a breath and then make the folded edges smooth etc. I also regret verbalizing my "million ideas battle plan" because it probably made me look like a frantic ExxJ.

In short, Sarah actually expressed her emotions even though she was trying to cover it up it was evident. I don't think it was as evident on my face because she mention how she was at the point of tears and I was actually scaring her instead of helping her get through it.

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te/Fi.
Extroverted thinking: "Extraverted Thinking deals primarily with understanding and organizing the external world. Extraverted Thinking wants everything to make logical sense, and has very little patience of unproductive activities."
Evident in: "I was fairly stoic but I was sad too at first, however I didn't cry or anything. I was coming up with "battle plans" and thinking of a million different ideas we could redeem our grades. I was probably frightening her by saying things like "if we don't find the board we can do this...or this..." I didn't take her feelings of fear and anguish into consideration at that moment. I was merely coming up with various ideas we could work this out."
Introverted feeling: "Introverted Feeling (Fi) is a function that deals with the person’s own individual feelings and beliefs."
Extraverted Feeling (Fe), which responds to the environment and others emotions, which you don't really. You even say you didn't take her feelings into account, rather your own of merely getting the job done, you weren't saying things like "It's going to be just fine, Sarah, don't worry, we'll find it" in essence you were saying something more like "We need to get this done, we have to, if we don't find it, we're just going to have to make another one" , which is more Fi, your morals, your goals, your feelings.
I'd type you as definitely being a thinker. Now we'd have to type you as either ESTJ or ENTJ.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Te/Fi.
Extroverted thinking: "Extraverted Thinking deals primarily with understanding and organizing the external world. Extraverted Thinking wants everything to make logical sense, and has very little patience of unproductive activities."
Evident in: "I was fairly stoic but I was sad too at first, however I didn't cry or anything. I was coming up with "battle plans" and thinking of a million different ideas we could redeem our grades. I was probably frightening her by saying things like "if we don't find the board we can do this...or this..." I didn't take her feelings of fear and anguish into consideration at that moment. I was merely coming up with various ideas we could work this out."
Introverted feeling: "Introverted Feeling (Fi) is a function that deals with the person’s own individual feelings and beliefs."
Extraverted Feeling (Fe), which responds to the environment and others emotions, which you don't really. You even say you didn't take her feelings into account, rather your own of merely getting the job done, you weren't saying things like "It's going to be just fine, Sarah, don't worry, we'll find it" in essence you were saying something more like "We need to get this done, we have to, if we don't find it, we're just going to have to make another one" , which is more Fi, your morals, your goals, your feelings.
I'd type you as definitely being a thinker. Now we'd have to type you as either ESTJ or ENTJ.

First of all, thank you for replying to my post. I appreciate the analysis you have provided me with. Secondly, I was hoping you'll be able to answer a question I have regarding Fi/Te and Fe/Ti. The scenario I had provided you with was an example of how I act when I am stressed so that is the reason why I don't relate to ESTJ or ENTJ descriptions.

However, it is true that I understood that she was going to cry, but I didn't actively tell her, "It's going to be just fine, Sarah, don't worry, we'll find it". It is only after we talked about it, that she told me how she felt about the situation and I realized that I was scaring her and not comforting her. By the way, you are amazing at analyzing the situation...you correctly described how I reacted - in essence you were saying something more like "We need to get this done, we have to, if we don't find it, we're just going to have to make another one"

I can understand Fi/Te but I feel I also use Ti/Fe. The thing is I cannot relate to Fe or Te. I can relate to both Ti and Fi. I don't have any problems with unproductive activities. In fact, I probably spend a lot of time each day learning or engaging in whatever caught my interest that day whether or not it pertains to any goals. I am unambitious and don't really care about school. Although, I receive fairly good grades (straight A student).

I am capricious, lazy, and indecisive. I think most of this indecision stems from my Ne! Is there a test or question I can answer to determine if I am a Te or Fe user? I can't relate to either Te or Fe...

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, so when you said ExxJ you were stereotyping? lolz and you're welcome, I'm rather new to this, but I've read on it every day since I've come across it.
Te I would say you do relate to, unproductive activities could probably perhaps better be connected with sleeping for the hell of it and napping or wasting time shopping with your partner rather than being at home researching/learning and stuff. As a Te dominant, I'm always learning more about things that catch my interest, MBTI, socionics, the enneagram, etc. etc., I wouldn't at all consider these unproductive. Te are generally associated with being confident, more driven towards success, bold and let their thoughts be known, more critical, things like that.
For Fe vs Fi, would you rather support group harmony or take into account your own feelings on the matter rather than those around you? Say if your friends were having a good time and you weren't in the best of moods, would you pretend to be having a good time as well for their sake or would you mope?
Lazy and indecisive would generally be stereotypically attributed to P.
The types I'm crossed between are ENTJ and ENTP, I've been typed more as an ENTJ by actual people however, but I'm not exactly super organized, so throw those stereotypes out the window of Js being super organized and always on time and P being late to everything and only playful.
Between Se and Si, Se is more inclined towards having nice things, nice clothes, more involved with body image and physical surroundings. Si is more involved with past experiences and not exactly what's right in front of them, physical. Se can be seen as more aggressive and prone to take risks, Si is more cautious, Se more thrill-seeking. Si would perhaps be more inclined to say "Remember what happened last time!" or "Be careful", Se would probably say "Let's do it!".
Maybe this is an off-the-wall description for Se vs Si, but an Se would be more inclined to actually choose a life partner on looks and personality while an Si could probably be convinced by just personality.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Oh, so when you said ExxJ you were stereotyping? lolz and you're welcome, I'm rather new to this, but I've read on it every day since I've come across it.
Te I would say you do relate to, unproductive activities could probably perhaps better be connected with sleeping for the hell of it and napping or wasting time shopping with your partner rather than being at home researching/learning and stuff. As a Te dominant, I'm always learning more about things that catch my interest, MBTI, socionics, the enneagram, etc. etc., I wouldn't at all consider these unproductive. Te are generally associated with being confident, more driven towards success, bold and let their thoughts be known, more critical, things like that.
For Fe vs Fi, would you rather support group harmony or take into account your own feelings on the matter rather than those around you? Say if your friends were having a good time and you weren't in the best of moods, would you pretend to be having a good time as well for their sake or would you mope?
Lazy and indecisive would generally be stereotypically attributed to P.
The types I'm crossed between are ENTJ and ENTP, I've been typed more as an ENTJ by actual people however, but I'm not exactly super organized, so throw those stereotypes out the window of Js being super organized and always on time and P being late to everything and only playful.
Between Se and Si, Se is more inclined towards having nice things, nice clothes, more involved with body image and physical surroundings. Si is more involved with past experiences and not exactly what's right in front of them, physical. Se can be seen as more aggressive and prone to take risks, Si is more cautious, Se more thrill-seeking. Si would perhaps be more inclined to say "Remember what happened last time!" or "Be careful", Se would probably say "Let's do it!".
Maybe this is an off-the-wall description for Se vs Si, but an Se would be more inclined to actually choose a life partner on looks and personality while an Si could probably be convinced by just personality.

I'm not exactly new to MBTI - it's been 2 years I think... Anyways, I know I use Ne/Si - I am confident about that. I also know that I am not externally organized at home. At school, I morph into someone organized and perfectly ISTJ-like. I do sleep for the hell of it and take naps. However, I hate shopping. I procrastinate a lot, I just avoid doing thing I don't like. I've always avoided doing things I didn't want to do - whether it was Math homework in 3rd grade or Physics project due in three days.

Te are generally associated with being confident, more driven towards success, bold and let their thoughts be known, more critical, things like that.

I think I am fairly confident, I've often been told I am a good speaker. I am not materialistic in any way, and being successful is not my priority. I don't always let my thought be known and I try not to be critical because that has backfired on me in the past.

Say if your friends were having a good time and you weren't in the best of moods, would you pretend to be having a good time as well for their sake or would you mope?

I think I would mope. I've been told I am moody and I have very unpredictable mood swings. For example, at 6 am I might be gloomy and quiet, by lunch I'll be angry and snappy, at 4 pm I'll be talkative and happy, and then at 10pm I'll be sad and crying in my bedroom. I think that's why people don't get me, because I'll go through these mood swings that can't really be explained by others, only I'd be able to tell them why I feel a certain way...

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say Te/Fi, Fi because you've made it a value now to be less critical of others, but you still don't really care too much for the "harmony" with others that Fe seeks which is why they can be seen as superficial (or so I've read?), you mention that you would have been nicer had you recognized how she felt earlier, but I'd say an Fe would try to keep the peace even without a need to know her feelings.
If you've got Fi, you've got Te.
I'm going to say INTP, INFP?? if you say you don't relate to ESTJ or ENTJ and if you've got Te/Fi and Ne/Si. idk really bc those can be in any order.
Te gets things done regardless of anothers feelings and more-so for their own feelings, values, Fi, it's a more blunt set. Ti/Fe would be a little more passive in a situation like that, I'd say, more laid back and calm.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
I'd say Te/Fi, Fi because you've made it a value now to be less critical of others and you don't really care too much for the "harmony" with others that Fe seeks, you mention that you would have been nicer had you recognized how she felt earlier, but I'd say an Fe would try to keep the peace even without a need to know her feelings.
If you've got Fi, you've got Te.
I'm going to say INTP, INFP?? if you say you don't relate to ESTJ or ENTJ and if you've got Te/Fi and Ne/Si.

INTPs use Ti/Fe not Te/Fi. I guess you wanted to say INFP?

00c

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
idek disregard it

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
idek disregard it

Thanks! I'll go and have a look at the descriptions of INFP. Atleast now, I am sure of my cognitive functions...Thank you so much!