• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are the functions responsible for these thoughts/behaviours? (pls help)

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP/INTP...
It's possible, I can relate to tertiary Si and that means I could be Ji-Ne (although I'm not even half as creative as I thought an Ne-aux would be), and since I don't know whether I use Ti or Fi I figured I'd try to identify my inferior Je. But how? When I'm stressed I tend to withdraw from everything, so I don't really extrovert anything.

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I'm not creative at all unless I'm pushed into it by someone else. ;)

Sometimes even if pushed into it by someone else. Thing about Ne is that if you don't have any restrictions, then you just float there.

I'm one to say I don't know. I have arguments for both INTP and INFP going in my head.

Final judgement is that you're also INFP.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I think you're ISFJ.

That would explain our similarities and differences, and, under the Si-Fe-Ti-Ne model for ISFJ, explain why you think you're Si-Ti.

All these types that have been thrown at you!

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFJ, could be... but I don't think Fe is my auxiliary function. In fact, I don't think I use Fe at all.

I hate social norms that make no sense to me and I completely lack the team spirit typical of Fe users, who see me as an unethical attention whore because I think funerals are useless and birthday parties are dumb. I'm not an attention whore, by the way.

I was thinking about the difference between Fi and Fe when I remembered an argument I'd had earlier with my mother (ESFJ) about pizza. She wanted us all to have pizza for dinner, but she thought it would be better if we only bought three pizzas (there's four of us), because they're big and also to save money, so that everyone would have 2/3 of a normal pizza and we would share. Since I don't like vegetarian pizza, pepperoni pizza, pizza with parmesan (and everyone knows it for god's sake), and those were the pizzas they wanted (I would have had to eat one piece of each), I told them that it was ok if they ate pizza and I ate something else. My mother got super angry and said I'm always trying to ruin everything, and that she wanted EVERYONE to have pizza. I basically told them that it wasn't a problem for me not to eat my favourite food so that THEY could have they could have the three pizzas they wanted, and she yelled at me. Probably if I were an ISFJ, I would have eaten those pizzas whether I liked them or not, just to make everyone happy. I don't know if it makes sense but could this be an example of Fe (wanting to eat the same food together) vs Fi?

The idea of me being Fi-dom doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore.

As a side note, I also hate sharing, lending or borrowing stuff.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Idk if that really demonstrates Fe vs Fi... it seems like a very simplistic interpretation.

The past couple days I have been trying to identify the extroverted function through how someone writes. I haven't seen too many FJs around the forum, but I think they may be good at writing about their personal lives, or at least writing from a very personal perspective. I don't see you using logical phrases like a TJ or connection based terms like an NP (sorry, very vague here about what Te and Ne comes across as, still trying to formulate expressions for what I am starting to see). There as too few SPs around the forum for me to identify what they're like yet, but I imagine they are very factual.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm this is interesting I want to guess that N is not your first function, but likely your second or third. You remind me somewhat of me, until I was twelve years old I agreed that I was a Conservative Christian of the kind of older Southern sort, not the big flashy churches plastic smile evangelical, more like the people who attended outdoor revivals, cry over Elvis ballads, keep the "good book" in a visible place full of family documents, who may hide money under their mattress, own a shotgun, and would NEVER as a woman wear pants to church, and as a man would never wear jeans, etc.

However around age 13 I suddenly questioned everything. I was also a "good" child, but became extremely rebellious in my teens in a borderline incorrigible way, balanced only by my personal investment in thinking things through, reading, etc keeping me from being one of the worst. It wasn't so much about being "bad" as feeling trapped or stifled.

You do seem kind of comically closed minded as a child though and I don't relate to not being able to stand up for things.

You're definitely an introvert and probably an enneagram 9.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFJ, could be... but I don't think Fe is my auxiliary function. In fact, I don't think I use Fe at all.

I hate social norms that make no sense to me and I completely lack the team spirit typical of Fe users, who see me as an unethical attention whore because I think funerals are useless and birthday parties are dumb. I'm not an attention whore, by the way.

I was thinking about the difference between Fi and Fe when I remembered an argument I'd had earlier with my mother (ESFJ) about pizza. She wanted us all to have pizza for dinner, but she thought it would be better if we only bought three pizzas (there's four of us), because they're big and also to save money, so that everyone would have 2/3 of a normal pizza and we would share. Since I don't like vegetarian pizza, pepperoni pizza, pizza with parmesan (and everyone knows it for god's sake), and those were the pizzas they wanted (I would have had to eat one piece of each), I told them that it was ok if they ate pizza and I ate something else. My mother got super angry and said I'm always trying to ruin everything, and that she wanted EVERYONE to have pizza. I basically told them that it wasn't a problem for me not to eat my favourite food so that THEY could have they could have the three pizzas they wanted, and she yelled at me. Probably if I were an ISFJ, I would have eaten those pizzas whether I liked them or not, just to make everyone happy. I don't know if it makes sense but could this be an example of Fe (wanting to eat the same food together) vs Fi?

The idea of me being Fi-dom doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore.

As a side note, I also hate sharing, lending or borrowing stuff.

Yeah I would think ISXP or INXP might make sense for you after reading this.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Idk if that really demonstrates Fe vs Fi... it seems like a very simplistic interpretation.

The past couple days I have been trying to identify the extroverted function through how someone writes. I haven't seen too many FJs around the forum, but I think they may be good at writing about their personal lives, or at least writing from a very personal perspective. I don't see you using logical phrases like a TJ or connection based terms like an NP (sorry, very vague here about what Te and Ne comes across as, still trying to formulate expressions for what I am starting to see). There as too few SPs around the forum for me to identify what they're like yet, but I imagine they are very factual.

I could very well see INXP for this individual. Why? Lack of acting out or changing externally (more common in ISXP) and not really being mindful of food, despite aversion to bad smells. They also describe a lack of nostalgia which makes me think Si dom is probably out, as well as having hazier or more unreal sorts of memories.

Something that made me decide that I am Se/Ni over Ne/Si is that I am extremely anecdotal. I try to build personal stories into a symbol of a bigger thing, so I use N, but use S first....where as I think N would approach the bigger idea or theory first. Sometimes the global nature of my own small stories even surprises me, it's like I'm babbling about tangible things then gave an Ni aha moment and make a point, but other times it is more contrived in execution. My apparent dumbassrey can cause people to think I'm either an idiot, or they recognize it as my secret weapon to dispensing larger ideas.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is very interesting. SPs would probably be brief and to the point.

I was thinking, if I'm ISFJ I'm definitely stuck in an Si-Ti loop.

Hmm this is interesting I want to guess that N is not your first function, but likely your second or third. You remind me somewhat of me, until I was twelve years old I agreed that I was a Conservative Christian of the kind of older Southern sort, not the big flashy churches plastic smile evangelical, more like the people who attended outdoor revivals, cry over Elvis ballads, keep the "good book" in a visible place full of family documents, who may hide money under their mattress, own a shotgun, and would NEVER as a woman wear pants to church, and as a man would never wear jeans, etc.

However around age 13 I suddenly questioned everything. I was also a "good" child, but became extremely rebellious in my teens in a borderline incorrigible way, balanced only by my personal investment in thinking things through, reading, etc keeping me from being one of the worst. It wasn't so much about being "bad" as feeling trapped or stifled.

That is pretty much what happened to me, too. After I discovered that most of what I believed in wasn't 100% true, I became a rebellious rational satanist, an individualist anarchist and an existential nihilist (and a hormonal bitch but let's not talk about that). I felt trapped because after abandoning everything I had been taught, it was like I had nothing in common with my parents and my friends anymore, but I was still forced to go to church and attend a catholic school (I hated this because, as an atheist going to church every Sunday, I was being incoherent, i.e. not true to myself and my beliefs... Fi?).

You do seem kind of comically closed minded as a child though

Well, in my defense, my closed mindedness was likely encouraged and rewarded :/

You're right, I can't be Ni dominant. Probably Ne-Si / Si-Ne.

I watched some INFP videos on youtube and I think I may be one of them. I can relate to 80-90% of what they say (20-10% = I don't like art or literature (I prefer philosophy), don't care about artists expressing their feelings, don't read much, don't like writing at all, and I have no problem labeling people when typing them (yes, everyone is unique and yada yada, but the MBTI is an approximation)).

For some reason I still see feelings as a weakness, which is why I can't/don't want to express them directly (expressing myself for me consists mainly in wearing t-shirts with the logo of my favorite tv shows/bands) and might explain why I couldn't relate to F functions.

I do value others' feelings though: when someone is scared of something like swimming pools or has a phobia, people usually try to convince them that there's nothing to be afraid of and they force them to try ("just once, you'll love it")... when this happens I'm always the first to tell these people to leave the poor guy/gal alone. Everyone has different fears because everyone has had different experiences, positive ones but also negative ones, and it drives me crazy how some people just can't understand that by forcing someone who is phobic of x to face it, they're making it worse, and that if they're not afraid of x thing, it doesn't mean that being scared of x thing is stupid. They need to separate fear from danger. Danger is not always real. Fear can be irrational but it's very real.

So... Fi?

And e9 makes sense. I don't know if w1 or w8 though.