• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Analyze Cognitive Functions

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

The above is what I get on cognitive function tests. I've concluded for some time that I can best be characterized as INTJ under this MBTI system because of my Ni use coupled with lower Fe use, and the perception among people I know that I don't use Fe at all. For example, I'm not at all facially expressive, or emotionally expressive. However, does anyone else have a better take on this functional spread?

For full disclosure, I don't believe MBTI exists innately; I'm only looking for the optimal type that will allow me to have a firm 'center' from which to make comparisons with others. Since I don't have that, sometimes it calls into question my own personal categorization of others. I've had this process recommended to me, so I thought I'd do it, as no one is above critiques.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Hmmm, I wouldn't read into the functional spread since (from what I remember) the test's great at determining where your strengths lie in the dichotomies but not the attitudes (few questions are geared toward them). For instance, using the numerical results, it'd be difficult to conclude your type since there's an excellent use of Ni and Ti but only a good use of Fe and Te. There's no type that is NiTiFe or NiTeFe.

Have you read about INTJs? Here's a good article about the difference between INFJs and INTJs.

Ida

Do you relate to the Rationalist temperament?
Do you relate to type descriptions of intj?
What do you generally score on the standard dichotomy tests?

I would guess its sometimes best to go back to basics and then dig a bit deeper with functional analysis, etc...

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you relate to the Rationalist temperament?
Do you relate to type descriptions of intj?
What do you generally score on the standard dichotomy tests?

I would guess its sometimes best to go back to basics and then dig a bit deeper with functional analysis, etc...

I do relate to it.

No, I don't particularly identify with the INTJ descriptions, beyond what could be accounted for by the Forer effect.

I score on the tests whatever type I'm using as a 'viewpoint' at the moment.

Ida

Any particular reason you're questioning intj as a closest type? If so, what part (either by dichotomy or function) do you feel most confident and least confident about?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Looks like INFJ. I thought that's what you identified as? But if you type based on your viewpoint at the time why pay attention to that?

Are you able to type others accurately? Do you know many IJs to compare yourself to?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any particular reason you're questioning intj as a closest type?

No.

If so, what part (either by dichotomy or function) do you feel most confident and least confident about?

I just like to regularly vet where I'm standing, to try and see if I could improve the system by switching categorizations.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Looks like INFJ. I thought that's what you identified as? But if you type based on your viewpoint at the time why pay attention to that?

Are you able to type others accurately? Do you know many IJs to compare yourself to?

I change my viewpoint often and deliberately in order to consider many possibilities; I think it helps to understand what different type patterns are like when you interpret your information using those concepts. It isn't the same at all as making those patterns descriptive of you, but even so . . .

I believe my typing abilities sit around 80% with people in real life who I know a little about, much less online.

Yes, I know a few IJs, and I'm like some, not others.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I change my viewpoint often and deliberately in order to consider many possibilities; I think it helps to understand what different type patterns are like when you interpret your information using those concepts. It isn't the same at all as making those patterns descriptive of you, but even so . . .

I believe my typing abilities sit around 80% with people in real life who I know a little about, much less online.

Yes, I know a few IJs, and I'm like some, not others.

Yes I can relate to changing perspective wrt type. Eventually ISTJ emerged as the central type. Is there a pattern with the people you compare to most closely? Do they tend to use Fi+Te for example? What would it take for you to settle on a single type? How would you know?

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes I can relate to changing perspective wrt type. Eventually ISTJ emerged as the central type. Is there a pattern with the people you compare to most closely? Do they tend to use Fi+Te for example? What would it take for you to settle on a single type? How would you know?

I don't know what their introverted functions are necessarily. They don't use Se or Fe; they use either Ne or Te externally (I don't really know the difference between what those two look like in 'real time').

I don't know what it would take, and I wouldn't know. I tend to think it isn't too important, but I am always open to new ideas.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] : Actually, I just decided that maybe ENTJ is the correct type! Before this I never seriously considered it because I know only one confirmed ENTJ in real life, and he is literally a CEO just like the stereotype. I'm nowhere near that effective; the ENTJ CEO is stunningly effective, master of all he surveys. I assumed without examining the assumption that all ENTJs are like this; at like 3% of the male population, of course that is an absurd assumption.

If this is correct, it explains my sociability, as well as my preference not to waste too much time being sociable; before I attributed this to INFJ as a social introvert, then I had no explanation with INTJ except to conclude that my best fit type isn't overly descriptive.

I'll have to consider it . . . lots of interesting possibilities!

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I know at least 4 ENTJs. They have very strong personalities. They're probably the "coolest" of the intuitives. The males are quite social, good with females, pretty into music and produce it themselves. I wouldn't mistake any of them for introverts. Even the one who doesn't really hang around people, when you're with them they'll talk a lot, put you on the spot somewhat, generally seem quite active.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************ (24.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************************* (45.9)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************** (32.7)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *************************************** (39.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************** (30.6)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTJ

The above is what I get on cognitive function tests. I've concluded for some time that I can best be characterized as INTJ under this MBTI system because of my Ni use coupled with lower Fe use, and the perception among people I know that I don't use Fe at all. For example, I'm not at all facially expressive, or emotionally expressive. However, does anyone else have a better take on this functional spread?

For full disclosure, I don't believe MBTI exists innately; I'm only looking for the optimal type that will allow me to have a firm 'center' from which to make comparisons with others. Since I don't have that, sometimes it calls into question my own personal categorization of others. I've had this process recommended to me, so I thought I'd do it, as no one is above critiques.

EDIT: I wrote this based on your first post…I didn’t see that you’ve found your answer till it was too late!

This is based solely on my knowledge. Okay, so first let’s group up the results into the 4 axis:

extraverted Sensing (27.6) average use | introverted Intuiting (45.9) excellent use
introverted Sensing (16.4) limited use | extraverted Intuiting (24.4) average use
introverted Thinking (39.6)excellent use | extraverted Feeling (30.6)good use
introverted Feeling (22.4)limited use | extraverted Thinking (32.7)good use

Now, from what I can see your strongest axis is Ti/Fe. This is because both of them are in excellent/good use, rather than excellent/average use. You’re second most strongest axis is Ni/Se. The reason is the same, both of the axis are in excellent/average use, rather than limited/average use.

Now the only types we can choose from are:
ISTP Ti Se Ni Fe
ESTP Se Ti Fe Ni
INFJ Ni Fe Ti Se
ENFJ Fe Ni Se Ti

In my knowledge, I would type you as either an ISTP or and INFJ. This would be because you are quite happy to help others. You try to understand a person deeply and then offer your advice. You seem to give people a detailed answer to their questions. If you are an ISTP, you’d probably be helping others because of your use of Fe.

Note: Inferior Fe does not communicate facial expression as easily as dom/aux Fe. So, you’d still have muted facial expressions. Think: Jim Parsons from “The Big Bang Theory”.
It’s funny, how you thought I was an ISTP on my Type Me post, and I think you are an ISTP?? Maybe I’m wrong….

In actuality you might be an ENFJ. Because you are both curious (Ti) about few things (Ni) and accumulate vast knowledge on those things. You are also helpful and like to be around people maintaining social graces (Fe) but tend to view things objectively and let facts speak for themselves (Se).

Then again, I may be completely wrong...

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You sound like an NTJ, but I don't know if it is because you are taking your emotions out of your posts, or what.