• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

could you help me typing a person?

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
last time, I tried to submit you 4 people with whom I relate that I was attempting to type.
unfortunately, it looks like my descriptions where to brief (a ten of bullet points may not be enough after all), so this time I'll describe just one person and try including some anecdote to make my points across better.
please do read with care and feel free to ask anything you think that would be useful.

btw, I've already guessed this person's type to be ISTJ, so if you really can't type her even with my description, tell me at least if you find this profile coherent.
since this person is one of my best friends, my description will almost be emotionally biased, and you may need to take into account my own typing in your judgement, which is INTJ.

1)she's always preparing for her next exam, and studies a lot with large advance.

whenever we have an upcoming exam, she will start studying ages in advance, reading the whole book and oftentimes ending up studying stuff we weren't supposed to just because "it was in the same chapter".
moreover, she will keep stressing me telling me that she won't make it, although after having learnt the whole book by heart that seems impossible.

2)she is clever, but she finds it hard to see deep connection.

let's say we are doing some math, and we are trying to learn some general formula.
I will be able to learn it effortlessly, while she will have to do a lot of exercises in order to internalize that. on the other hand, once she has learnt the rule, she's much quicker than me at spotting the right way to use it, and does not get lost in application.
another example may be that she just can't learn things by herself, and need someone to clarify it first, will I tend to flick through books and learn stuff in advance.

3)she's very tidy and ordered, and takes wonderful notes in class.

she is always clean, nice and ordered, whether it is in the lab (my personal handywoman :D), elsewhere at school or even at home.
furthermore, she always thinks about stuff she is going to need in advance and hence will provide me with handkerchiefs, aspirines, pens, notes.... basically anything I may need :D

4)she's not very eager to help others, but she wants to help me

she's quite distrustful with the people with whom she's not acquainted, and in order to win her trust you need to prove yourself a capable person.
in fact, most of her friends are as good as her at school or even better, and she will hardly ever hang out with jerks.
still, the feeling of being exploited makes her feel kind of anxious and will NEVER let you copy during a test. not even me D:

5)she can be very wry when it comes to humor, but not as sarcastic and sharp-tongued as me. in fact, she replies to most of my jokes with a "poor him!"

usually, our laughters together come from my witty sarcastic comments about people, oftentimes in a gossip-situation. she does laugh at my jokes, but she tends to accuse my of being too harsh and straightforward with people, which I actually am.
yet, she can be even more malicious than me at times, albeit at times she gets boring since she kind of "focus her malignity" on just a few people she does not care a lot about.

6)she can't handle stress very well.

hey, I do tend to be quite anxious under stress, but she's the champion! before an exam, she will call me twnty times to tell me just how strssed she is, she makes her own mother light up candles in church just to "bring good luck" (albeit she is not that religious usually).
furthermore, if someone manages to debase her strongly enough, she completely loses her temper and her capability of focusing, unlike me.

7)she's quick to judge and dismiss people, even her own boyfriend who supposed ignored her o_O

that's a sort of weird thing.
on one hand, when we first meet people, she tends to judge them as "extra-nice", even if you can tell they are jerks just by looking at them (maybe that's my Ni? who knows.), and will spend time talking with strangers.
on the other hand, she will not bond much with people, and as soon as they show little interest in keeping up the relationship, she brutally cuts it off (for instance, there is an high-school friend of the both of us we don't see much any longer and whenever I complain with her about how careless that girl is, she just shrugs her shoulders and say she doesn't mind, in spite of having spent five years together as friends back at high-school)
one more example: even though she has always claimed of not needing a boyfriend (if you were wondering, we'd had that kind of relationship for obvious reasons), she ended up engaging to a guy she met with her dance companions this summer.
her relationship seemed to be going on quite well (although she never told me much abou that guy, with which honestly I've never thought she matched much), but one day she came out of the blue and told me they were facing a crisis and they split up just a few days afterwards, because this guy was pretty busy with many things and she felt like he preferred that over her, thus leading her to be anxious and wanting to cut their relationship off.

8)she's usually calm and nice, but when she's enraged, you'd better run becuase it's coming all out!

in spite of having a similar malicious nature deep down, she tends to act nice and keep up her straight face with people, while I tend to engage them quite easily often directly seeking confrontation.
to a superficial eye, she might look like your stereotypical good girl who gets good grades and is as pure as an angel.
but that's quite false actually! once she loses her temper, she won't hesitate to spit out the most ruthless comments and to hold year-lasting grudges against people.

9)I think she tends to overtrust people to whom she is attached, just to end up disappointed by them.

still, if you manage to breach her heart and become her friend, she will put a lot of trust in you, just like she does with me.
as I mentioned earlier, she can quickly dismiss people, but, unlike me that usually do it with more care but once I'm done I won't get back on my decision, she will decide quickly, but she will often regrets having abandoned someone, even though she will always keep her straight face up.

10) she has very few friends and tends to not to trust stranger. on the top on that, she's often wary when she thinks someone may be exploiting her.

earlier, I said that she tends to be nice to strangers and to describe everybody as "cool and nice". well, she may be saying that on the outside, but not really meaning it on the inside. as she's afraid of being exploited, she will think twice before engaging into emotional bonds.

11)she seems not to have the need of romance. she has had only one boyfriend and only because he hooked her up.

that speaks for itself. unlike many girls, she does not simply want a boyfriend. she only had one because that guy insisted on her and she maybe felt like she could give him a try, but still she has never felt even a bit of envy about our engaged friends.

12)she seems to be struggling to see the good in people, just to realize soon after that's not the case.

as I told you, she always sees the good in people at first, just to end up changing her mind later, almost always for the worse.

13)she remebers schedules and time tables very well. in fact, she kind of manages mine as well

that's amazing! she remebers my birthday even better than myself! in fact, I could even just forget about it if it weren't for her. moreover, she is my human agenda, as I said earlier :D

14)she's afraid of breaking the rules. really, even if it is absolutely necessary, she will stick to the rules as much as she can.

man, this can be boring. whether the rules are sensible or not, she will not bend or break them. not at all.
I offered her to sign in her place for class partecipation (at certain classes, whose parteciaption is compulsory, you have to sing to prove that you were there) the time she was sick, and she refuse.

16) she doesn't look interested in knowing more about the topic she deals with and the people she is in contact with: if something is clearly not affecting her she will just ignore it.

that means that she will learn the books she has to for the exam like hell, but has a fairly poor general culture overall because she seems to have little interest in learning something unrelated to school.

17) she always goes by the book.

let's say a teacher explained something in a wrong way and I point it out. she would tell me to shut and would do as the teacher does, even if she were aware of that being wrong.
many times I notice that either the books or the teachers are wrong, and at no time will she follow my idea (even if supported with evidence), just because authorities said so.
that's the most annyoing thing about her, and at times it makes me question her smartness at all.....

well, I think this should be at least enough to make a provisional hypothesis. let me know whether it is or not.
thank you for your much appreciated help in advance, and forgive me if I speak in a too simple way or if I make spelling mistakes, but I'm not a native and I'm not so keen on using google translate right now :D

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She could be ISTJ. She could be ISFJ as well; the fact she thinks people will be nice sounds like it, but the fact that she doesn't need a boyfriend doesn't sound like it. She could be ESTJ as well; you weren't really able to narrow down E or I totally. But sure, ISTJ sounds like the best candidate so far. Definitely she sounds very SJ.

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
thank you for your opinoin :D

well, I am quite sure she is not ISFJ because my mom is one and they behave in different ways. I can't explain it right now, but I know both of them quite well and I'm certain they are not of the same type.
as for ESTJ.... well, it may worth looking up some sources.
would you be so kind to point out the main differences between ISTJ/ISFJ/ESTJ? that would help :D

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
thank you for your opinoin :D

well, I am quite sure she is not ISFJ because my mom is one and they behave in different ways. I can't explain it right now, but I know both of them quite well and I'm certain they are not of the same type.
as for ESTJ.... well, it may worth looking up some sources.
would you be so kind to point out the main differences between ISTJ/ISFJ/ESTJ? that would help :D

Well, both ESTJ and ISTJ are like tanks. That's exactly what they are like. ISFJs are not in the same league in terms of efficiency, etc. ISFJs are organic and sometimes inefficient in their routines, whereas ISTJ and ESTJ are efficient and metallic always; you may doubt the wisdom of their goals from the outside, but internally the process is always efficient. For example, your friend covers the textbook like a tank, kind of mechanically, slowly but surely, needs help and prompting but keeps going, not liking it for itself but it is a task to be done so it is done.

I know an ISTJ male who is the fittest person I know; he exercises all the time, was always doing exercise almost as a 'process'; he had no big visions of being some kind of warrior fantasy, or anything like that; he just always knew he should be improving his fitness level since that was a task he assigned himself. When he got to school, he approached it much the same way. Any subject he could reduce to a process he spent time on and mastered; if the subject could not be reduced to process he still spent time and got some grades through 'brute force' study.

The difference is that ESTJ might be a little more bossy to other people, might be more social and tell stories and things more often, still a tank but a tank that takes time off and runs the 'extrovert' program. Also sometimes insecure and jealous. These flaws might be present in ISTJ too, but you won't see it. They also don't run the 'extrovert' program. They will be social maybe, but they won't probably take the center of attention tell stories role.

ESTJ is the stereotype of the middle manager.

ISTJs sometimes have an academic, bookish streak. I haven't seen this with ESTJs.

Sorry I can't do better; these types in my eyes are deeply similar. Tanks is how I think of them always, male or female; not fast and not having a lot of vision, but strong, reliable, heavy, and effective in the long run.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I didn't read the whole thing, but stuff like preparing in advance and having a low stress tolerance makes me think she's a rational type =/ probably ESTJ

teothebest

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
@ BlackDog
interesting, but still pretty similar indeed.
still, I don't think she is much of an E since she is not really bossy (I am the one who leads our social discussions, and our projects, and she is kind of humble when it comes to listening to me).
moreover, I don't really know why but it looks like my temper, as ruthless as smartypants as it may be, as a soothing effect on her, that kind of makes her feel reassured.
all in all, I think that ISTJ is the best type, the more so I have read some info about INTJ-ISTJ relationships and that's the two of us in a nutshell.
thank you and I'm looking forward your next review :D