• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unclear personality type, thoughts? (Rather Long, sorry).

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
[MENTION=23454]agspath[/MENTION]

That was a very insightful description. And if things work the way you described it, it totally makes sense to me.
Although a lot has been said, a lot as in enough for an average person to know their personality type I'm still indecisive. ISTJ / INFP - I've my reasons as to why I fit and don't fit in, and I know that it's a matter of "Best fit" and not an absolute description that can't be argued against.

Yet, do you think there are some "questions" that you or someone else could ask that would "verify" my personality so to say, decreasing the room for doubt?

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1

That was a very insightful description. And if things work the way you described it, it totally makes sense to me.
Although a lot has been said, a lot as in enough for an average person to know their personality type I'm still indecisive. ISTJ / INFP - I've my reasons as to why I fit and don't fit in, and I know that it's a matter of "Best fit" and not an absolute description that can't be argued against.

Yet, do you think there are some "questions" that you or someone else could ask that would "verify" my personality so to say, decreasing the room for doubt?

You seem to be facing the same doubts I have regarding my type – I don’t know my type yet, and every time I decide I am XXXX , I cannot seem to fully commit to it.

Here’s a question you can answer,
1) Fill in this blank space: This year for Christmas, I’d like __________________________.
2) Fill in this one but for a person you are close to: This year for Christmas, (insert name) would like________________________.

Once you’ve finished answering these questions tell me weather you found it easier to fill out the first question or the second question.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5

If you refer to "I'd like" as in gifts, then there's nothing I want. I've what I need and if there's something I don't have which I need, I'll ask for it. I think that gifting for the sake of gifting, spending money on things that people could have coped without is unnecessary.

If you refer to what "I'd like" as in what to do this christmas, it'd be sitting home just as any other day.

I can't really think of a lot of people, so if I've to pick someone it'd be my mother.

Once again, as in "gifts" she'd probably want flowers or chocolate.
As in doing, she'd probably want to spend time with all relatives chit chatting about "daily" life.

___
Coming to think of what I want was easier than figuring out what others' would want.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Coming to think of what I want was easier than figuring out what others' would want.

This is an example of Fi. Fi users are more in tune with their own emotions. Fe users are more in tune with others emotions than their own. For example, I am an Fe user and I was able to figure out what my family wanted but trying to figure out what I want was more difficult. Fi uses internalize their emotions making it easier to be more in tune with how they perceive something. On the other hand, Fe users externalize their emotions, and often seem to put themselves in others shoes that they find it hard to distinguish between their emotions and the emotions of people around them.

However, a word of advice , when dealing with and introvert who uses Fe, i.e. IXFJ, they often repress their emotions. I'm a prime example of that, when I'm in class I suddenly get sad, I can't understand why, and I often try to hold back my tears because I'm afraid to create a scene. Fi users don't experience this struggle as often. Usually, Fi users have trouble externalizing their emotions. They don't want to cry on someone's shoulder but will appreciate actions that convey how much they care about you.

During a conversation with someone are you : (choose one)

1) able to change topics very quickly and not return to them, sometimes losing your train of thought
2) usually keeping the conversation on track and heading in a particular direction, without losing your focus or train of thought.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5

1) able to change topics very quickly and not return to them, sometimes losing your train of thought
2) usually keeping the conversation on track and heading in a particular direction, without losing your focus or train of thought

At times when I'm talking, I can bring in something seemingly unrelated to the topic to explain my stream of thoughts, but usually people have difficulties following up on what seems to make perfect sense in my head.
But no, I don't go on and on about various topics, going completely off-topic from the original subject as one of the people I know. When I and she talks about X she usually brings in Y, Z and a completely off-topic story and I just can't seem to get her back to the original topic.
Also, I've difficulties interupting others when they walk off in their train of thought and since that seems to slightly annoy me, I'd pick the latter: "I usually keep the conversation on track..."
But one thing has to be stated, if the topic is getting tiresome I either try to change it or I space out ("Entering" my own mind so to say)

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1

2) usually keeping the conversation on track and heading in a particular direction, without losing your focus or train of thought

This is an example of Ni/Se. I want you to read two paragraphs I've taken from Charity Bishop's Funky MBTI Fiction. Tell me if you relate more to the first description or the second...

1) You look with penetrating intensity at your target and sometimes gaze right through it. Your eyes forceful because they are both stimulated through external things and don’t want to miss anything good (Se) and powered through narrowly focusing internal ideas (Ni).

2) Your eyes soft and move off their target quite often, because your Ne is always searching for external stimulation and ideas.

Also, when you are thinking do you look up or do you look down?

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
This is an example of Ni/Se. I want you to read two paragraphs I've taken from Charity Bishop's Funky MBTI Fiction. Tell me if you relate more to the first description or the second...

1) You look with penetrating intensity at your target and sometimes gaze right through it. Your eyes forceful because they are both stimulated through external things and don’t want to miss anything good (Se) and powered through narrowly focusing internal ideas (Ni).

2) Your eyes soft and move off their target quite often, because your Ne is always searching for external stimulation and ideas.

Also, when you are thinking do you look up or do you look down?

I've been told I've "intense" eyes when I conversate with people, even at a photograph I was told "It feels like your eyes are following me wherever I go". I tend to conversate with eye-to-eye contact most of the time, especially when I feel secure. But there're times when I notice that eye-to-eye contact bothers' others a little, or perhaps even bothers myself and at those times I tend to avert my eyes from the original target. But generally speaking, I always try to maintain eye-contact and follow intensively what they've to say. Unless as explained in another reply, that it gets so tiresome that I space out.

I think this would mean that 1. is best fit, what do you think?

Edit:
______
Also, when I'm thinking. I haven't really thought of whether I look up or down. But thinking about it atm, it feels more natural for me to look down while thinking.

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
I've been told I've "intense" eyes when I conversate with people, even at a photograph I was told "It feels like your eyes are following me wherever I go". I tend to conversate with eye-to-eye contact most of the time, especially when I feel secure. But there're times when I notice that eye-to-eye contact bothers' others a little, or perhaps even bothers myself and at those times I tend to avert my eyes from the original target. But generally speaking, I always try to maintain eye-contact and follow intensively what they've to say. Unless as explained in another reply, that it gets so tiresome that I space out.

I think this would mean that 1. is best fit, what do you think?

Edit:
______
Also, when I'm thinking. I haven't really thought of whether I look up or down. But thinking about it atm, it feels more natural for me to look down while thinking.

Okay, so looking back on your answers, I think you are using Te Fi Se Ni. This would make you either an INTJ or an ISFP. I initially thought you used Si/Ne, but there is not much evidence to prove that analysis. Tell me if you relate more to either INTJ or ISFP.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Okay, so looking back on your answers, I think you are using Te Fi Se Ni. This would make you either an INTJ or an ISFP. I initially thought you used Si/Ne, but there is not much evidence to prove that analysis. Tell me if you relate more to either INTJ or ISFP.

Between INTJ and ISFP it's INTJ.
I also retook a personality test at 16personalities.com before today and oddly enough it resulted in (same as yesterday):
Xz5Wom0.jpg
However as seen above, the % of each attribute seems rather low. With this close a similarity it's not to be excluded that I may have answered inaccurately due to various reasons (Not understanding the question correctly for instance).

However, the INTJ seems to be portraited mainly as a "Physician, Mathemathican, economican..." etc. I do not fit the "INTJ - Realistic" as it's portraited below, but more on the "Investigative" as it's portraited below. Social, such as "Priest" wouldn't bother me either.

Unfortunately though, there seems to lack description on potential INTJ's leaning towards "Investigative / Social" rather than Realistic.

Taken from personalityjunkie (Read the 2 latter paragraphs):

Thoughts?

agspath

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
9w1
Between INTJ and ISFP it's INTJ.
I also retook a personality test at 16personalities.com before today and oddly enough it resulted in (same as yesterday):
View attachment 12969
However as seen above, the % of each attribute seems rather low. With this close a similarity it's not to be excluded that I may have answered inaccurately due to various reasons (Not understanding the question correctly for instance).

However, the INTJ seems to be portraited mainly as a "Physician, Mathemathican, economican..." etc. I do not fit the "INTJ - Realistic" as it's portraited below, but more on the "Investigative" as it's portraited below. Social, such as "Priest" wouldn't bother me either.

Unfortunately though, there seems to lack description on potential INTJ's leaning towards "Investigative / Social" rather than Realistic.

Taken from personalityjunkie (Read the 2 latter paragraphs):

Thoughts?

I think you probably share one cognitive function axis with me. We both have that indecision - maybe, that could be an indication of XXXP because we don't really want to come to a conclusion without enough evidence to satisfy all the questions in our mind. If I have analyzed your personality correctly, you seem to struggle with having a fixed personality, there are only a few things you are certain of, so you hold on to those principals and decisions firmly, yet you can't seem to figure out who you are. I do the same thing too. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

The Holland Codes are an indication of where your interests lie. I am an AIS. That puts me in two distinct MBTI types Artistic (XXFX) or Investigative (XXTX) according to personality junkie. This is not an indication that I am more of a F-type than a T-type, rather it shows that I would be best suited in careers where I get to be artistic, investigative, and social. If you try to find your MBTI type in the Holland Codes you are probably going to confuse yourself further...trust me, I've tried doing this before.

I'll see if I can get more information in order to help you out...(and indirectly help me out as well)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I believe you are INTP. I see Ne in your writing, and I am under the impression that you are introverted and thinking.

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think you probably share one cognitive function axis with me. We both have that indecision - maybe, that could be an indication of XXXP because we don't really want to come to a conclusion without enough evidence to satisfy all the questions in our mind. If I have analyzed your personality correctly, you seem to struggle with having a fixed personality, there are only a few things you are certain of, so you hold on to those principals and decisions firmly, yet you can't seem to figure out who you are. I do the same thing too. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

There're indeed certain things I'm certain of, which I hold onto firmly - 2 of some would be the usage of Fi and Te.
I was also pretty sure I was using Si-Ne due to the "Fact storage and unwillingness to get out of my "comfort" zone to discover new things" > Si, but tbh, I do not understand Ne very well. Therefore it might be that I do use Ni (Which I also do not understand very well) but I doubt I use Se (If I'd use it, it'd be pretty low). But then again, what you stated with Ni-Se > "The intense eyes...." seems to fit me perfectly.

I believe you are INTP. I see Ne in your writing, and I am under the impression that you are introverted and thinking.

I know an INTP from online (He was the one who got me interested in MBTI to begin with) fairly well and he and I often have big discussions where we often arrive at the same conclusions. Some of our differences however is that he believes that feelings clouds the judgement and that people should be more objective. I agree on that people ought to be more objective, but not that feelings always cloud the judgement. An example here would be that when we discussed whether the decision ought to serve the mass (Fe) or the individual (Fi). Somehow when we discussed different things, he gave me a question to prove his statement: He asked me who I'd kill, him or Neil (the astrophysic) and from his point of view it'd be natural to pick him (For the kill), who's not of use to society the way Neil is (Fe), whereas I said I'd pick Neil (For the kill) over Him because he concerns my life (Fi). Then the following question was something along "Are you more important than the rest of society" where I answered - yes (Fi) which he disapproved with (Fe).

Another huge difference is that he's bored with the "shithole" country he called it and would prefer to travel the world and find the truth about everything, whereas I am fine with a routine life where things are predictable. That, is the life he'd hate. He's also more interested in the "Theoretical" facts, e.g. ideas and theories (Ti) rather than practical facts (Te). He so to say wants to dig as deep as he can into any subjects than interests him.

The Holland Codes are an indication of where your interests lie. I am an AIS. That puts me in two distinct MBTI types Artistic (XXFX) or Investigative (XXTX) according to personality junkie. This is not an indication that I am more of a F-type than a T-type, rather it shows that I would be best suited in careers where I get to be artistic, investigative, and social. If you try to find your MBTI type in the Holland Codes you are probably going to confuse yourself further...trust me, I've tried doing this before.

I'll see if I can get more information in order to help you out...(and indirectly help me out as well)

Realistic > Physical, hands-on work, machines / construction, Engineering, (Technical stuff - Computers)

I know what I excel in and what I'm a total failure in. And Hands-on work no matter what it is (Crafting, constructing... anything that involves hand instead of head) is a total no-go. I don't like it, I'm not good at it. I want to avoid anything of that sort. Technical stuff (No, I do not like computers or figuring out different parts) Heck, I figured out I used HP after owning the PC for 3 years. (I guess that explains itself how technical I am).

Investigative > science, technology, engineering, computer science

If I say "I'm not good at math / science" then those who I know irl would say "If you're not good at that, then what are we?". As stated before I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I know fairly well that Math and science are my weaknesses in terms of strength-weaknesses. Truth to be told I score above average in science and math, even among the top. But then again, I also know that it's because of my ability to memorize things rather than truely understanding it. I'm a perfectionist and I always seek for self-improvement, even in areas I'm not good at. That's why I always stay focused instead of bothering having my class interrupted by small talks with others'.

Artistic > actors, musicians, painters, dancers, poets, sculptors, writers, designers
Unsurprisingly, Artistic types are highly represented among students studying the arts and humanities.

I like "Acting" and "Writing" but the rest I do not enjoy. I can't play any instruments, but I can sing (Which I somewhat like and tend to do, to raise my grade in the subject). But poeting, sculptoring, designing, dancing, painting etc. No, I can't say I really like it. Instead of going for the "Art" subjects I decided I'd rather spend my time on areas such as philosophy, religion, history, health science, psychology, social sciences etc (Humanitarians).

Social > teachers, healthcare workers, clergy, trainers, and caretakers

Being a teacher is one of the few works I'd consider in the future, but more likely on a higher level with more mature people than the ones I know. (Personally, I get better along with old folk than young ones). Priest would also be okay, if it'd not be that I'd have to caretake for the "confirmands" that are unwilling to be there, I don't know if I've the patience to put up with that. When it comes to other kind of social works such as a lot of talking with people, then no! I do not want to daily chit chat with people about things not interesting to me and being forced into doing that, No!

Enterprising > sales and marketing, business and management, law, politics, journalism, insurance, entrepreneurship, and stock trading

Laws and politics is interesting imo. Journalism is also something I'm good at (Writing) but I do not find the area interesting.

Last edited:

Gladius

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've decided I'll go with INTJ 6w5 for now, unless anyone else have a better motivatable option.

The main difference's between me and INTJ though is that:

- I'm not As strategic
I trust my reason & logic capabilities, but I do not trust my skills in strategies that doesn't have prior planning, e.g. chess, war...

- I'm not as brutally direct as portrayed
I tend to avoid unnecessary confrontations and preferably try to avoid having others' feelings hurt, but I do not stick up with bullshit to avoid other people's feelings from being hurt

- I'm Religious
Not necessairly a determining factor, but from a lot of sources INTJ's are non-spiritual, non-religious. Luther is an exception though, assuming he's typed correctly.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've decided I'll go with INTJ 6w5 for now, unless anyone else have a better motivatable option.

The main difference's between me and INTJ though is that:

- I'm not As strategic
I trust my reason & logic capabilities, but I do not trust my skills in strategies that doesn't have prior planning, e.g. chess, war...

- I'm not as brutally direct as portrayed
I tend to avoid unnecessary confrontations and preferably try to avoid having others' feelings hurt, but I do not stick up with bullshit to avoid other people's feelings from being hurt

- I'm Religious
Not necessairly a determining factor, but from a lot of sources INTJ's are non-spiritual, non-religious. Luther is an exception though, assuming he's typed correctly.

Agreed, although an INTJ friend of mine is a staunch Mormon. I'd avoid the whole "this or that type is non-religious" spiel.