• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give it to me straight, doc! (MBTI, enneagram, socionics, instinct...all of it)

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
[MENTION=23063]PocketFullOf[/MENTION] I personally don't think that typing someone based on their writing style is correct. Unless it was timed. I usually get typed as Exxx because of my writing style, and if there something I'm sure of is that I am an introvert. I've seen shorter posts that didn't get many comments too. Or they just say oh you are this type without explaining why. Then another comes along saying, no you are this other type and in the end you are more confused than before hahaha.
I think you'll figure out your type your own. I did.
Here people should just help you find a direction.

Do you feel an Extrovert? Why?
What makes you different from an Introvert?
What makes F stronger than T?
Why P over J?
Besides the detail theory, what makes you feel more like a Sensor?

That's funny you say that I have a similar problem. My writing style is extremely INTP. I put some writing samples in an MBTI analyzer and my tumblr in one as well 4 of the writing samples and my tumblr came out INTP, another came out INFJ and the last one came out ISTP. So I think I agree with you on the writing style thing...it might give some hints but definitely not a complete picture.

1) I know I am an extrovert because I gain energy from interacting with people. I like to be alone a lot (the vast majority of the time in fact) but it makes me become extremely low energy, and I feel much better and more alive just by walking out the front door after a long period of isolation. I am the kind of person that is very reluctant to go to parties but in the end never wants to leave. I also find it hard to sleep when it is light, the dark makes me tired (and this has a very strong effect, I think stronger than in most people). I also have a hard time getting to sleep if I know somewhere out there something important or fun is happening and a lot of people are involved. I get fear of missing out big time, and I kind of have to tell myself that there is no reason to feel that way because a) it's not as great as I think it will be b) this will happen again soon (usually - I had to go check out the bars on halloween and it was crazy even though I had a 630 am training session the next day). I am an International Relations major and because of this I have a hard time sleeping when something big is going on somewhere in the world, its just exciting to me...and I am comforted by the fact that people are always awake and doing something somewhere. Closed up streets with no people on them depresses me.

2) Well all the things listed above definitely make me different from an introvert, although I assume a lot of people who are not familiar with the proper definition of the word would consider me one. My writing style is very introverted and unless I know someone extremely well I am a person of few words, I prefer not to say hi to random people on the street. I take some time to get adjusted to social gatherings and seem awkward at first, particularly if there are people I don't know there or who don't "fit" with me well, and I have a small but close circle of friends rather than a ton of them. I wear an introvert mask for sure, but I am definitely not one. I am more shy than an introvert and I HATE small talk unless I am drunk.

3)Heres the thing, I always considered myself a strong thinker, it was the only thing I was sure of in my type. Before this I would have typed myself xxtx. Which doesn't make the T look super strong but it was the only one I could put down for sure. Now I realize I am more of an exxx. I always go with the rational and logical decision in the end and I feel very bad if I don't. I force myself not to consider my emotions because I know it is irrational and ultimately not what is best even though I really want to listen to them sometimes. This makes me think I repress my feelings rather than being a true thinker, and this is what the person on PerC told me as well. It's also been suggested that my Fi and Ti are very even and that because of that I can't actually differentiate them. I don't know if that is true. I certainly believe that it is illogical to not treat human beings as emotional beings because they are, so always making a decision based on cold hard logic is not always, in fact, the logical thing to do...but this attitude seems more T than F in origin.

4) I don't know if I am a sensor I think my N and S are pretty equally balanced. I've always loved sports though and I seek pleasure through physical sensations (drugs but not anymore) which seems pretty sensorish to me. In addition I take things very literally. I was listening to a song where someone was talking about having a "range rover all wood" and I said "a wooden car...that doesn't seem very practical" I didn't realize that the rapper meant the inside of the car until someone told me. I'm also very aware of my surroundings and notice things other people do not, but I also use them to connect dots and come to conclusions (so that is more of an intuitive thing I think). I also loved playing sports when I was younger and am a fast hands on learner.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's funny you say that I have a similar problem. My writing style is extremely INTP. I put some writing samples in an MBTI analyzer and my tumblr in one as well 4 of the writing samples and my tumblr came out INTP, another came out INFJ and the last one came out ISTP. So I think I agree with you on the writing style thing...it might give some hints but definitely not a complete picture.

1) I know I am an extrovert because I gain energy from interacting with people. I like to be alone a lot (the vast majority of the time in fact) but it makes me become extremely low energy, and I feel much better and more alive just by walking out the front door after a long period of isolation. I am the kind of person that is very reluctant to go to parties but in the end never wants to leave. I also find it hard to sleep when it is light, the dark makes me tired (and this has a very strong effect, I think stronger than in most people). I also have a hard time getting to sleep if I know somewhere out there something important or fun is happening and a lot of people are involved. I get fear of missing out big time, and I kind of have to tell myself that there is no reason to feel that way because a) it's not as great as I think it will be b) this will happen again soon (usually - I had to go check out the bars on halloween and it was crazy even though I had a 630 am training session the next day). I am an International Relations major and because of this I have a hard time sleeping when something big is going on somewhere in the world, its just exciting to me...and I am comforted by the fact that people are always awake and doing something somewhere. Closed up streets with no people on them depresses me.

2) Well all the things listed above definitely make me different from an introvert, although I assume a lot of people who are not familiar with the proper definition of the word would consider me one. My writing style is very introverted and unless I know someone extremely well I am a person of few words, I prefer not to say hi to random people on the street. I take some time to get adjusted to social gatherings and seem awkward at first, particularly if there are people I don't know there or who don't "fit" with me well, and I have a small but close circle of friends rather than a ton of them. I wear an introvert mask for sure, but I am definitely not one. I am more shy than an introvert and I HATE small talk unless I am drunk.

3)Heres the thing, I always considered myself a strong thinker, it was the only thing I was sure of in my type. Before this I would have typed myself xxtx. Which doesn't make the T look super strong but it was the only one I could put down for sure. Now I realize I am more of an exxx. I always go with the rational and logical decision in the end and I feel very bad if I don't. I force myself not to consider my emotions because I know it is irrational and ultimately not what is best even though I really want to listen to them sometimes. This makes me think I repress my feelings rather than being a true thinker, and this is what the person on PerC told me as well. It's also been suggested that my Fi and Ti are very even and that because of that I can't actually differentiate them. I don't know if that is true. I certainly believe that it is illogical to not treat human beings as emotional beings because they are, so always making a decision based on cold hard logic is not always, in fact, the logical thing to do...but this attitude seems more T than F in origin.

4) I don't know if I am a sensor I think my N and S are pretty equally balanced. I've always loved sports though and I seek pleasure through physical sensations (drugs but not anymore) which seems pretty sensorish to me. In addition I take things very literally. I was listening to a song where someone was talking about having a "range rover all wood" and I said "a wooden car...that doesn't seem very practical" I didn't realize that the rapper meant the inside of the car until someone told me. I'm also very aware of my surroundings and notice things other people do not, but I also use them to connect dots and come to conclusions (so that is more of an intuitive thing I think). I also loved playing sports when I was younger and am a fast hands on learner.

Wow. This is really interesting.

Yes. Your writing style is really INTPish. Woh. What are those MBTI analyzers? That's cool.

It seems that there are some details that are so similar but opposite to me at the same time haha. I am introverted, social situations exhaust and upset me. But I am really talkative and stop to talk to random people in the streets.
Why do you wear an Introvert mask?

Yes. This is what I've always thought too. I agree.
I think I often make rational choices that people would label as emotional instead. Like, my family (Ts) think the rational choice is to be beside the family and show them love and appreciation for everything they do. For me (F) a rational choice would be live by my own, do what I think is right for me and feel free to ignore or not care about people.
I don't know if my example made any sense, but I couldn't think of any better one.
The only thing I hate about MBTI is that there aren't any middle ways.
We should rearrange the whole concept and add some middle letters.
The ultimate human being with all functions fully developed would be MMMM
But It could be someone that lacks all functions as well.
That's when I realize I'm more of a feeler. I cannot arrange my thoughts in a logical direction. Never. And this makes me perceive you as a Thinker. But not a really strong T you are still human.

For the sensor thing. I'm not sure. I don't know enough sensors. And probably this is a Sensorish part of me since I need to know people with that preference to relate to it in any way. I can have my theories, but I can't feel sure and ready to share them with someone if I don't experience them myself first.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have no idea how those text analyzers work, but my best guess is that they scan for certain words, or how many commas you use, maybe even the length of the paragraph, things like these. The problem is that their accuracy depends on an awful lot of factors (your mood, what time it is, your age...) and they probably overlook important info (that they wouldn't be able to process anyway) such as the structure of your sentences or the topic you're writing about.

On PerC some users try to type people based on their writing style and can identify some functions, especially Ti and Te. That's cool and sometimes accurate, so maybe it is possible to type someone based on their writing style alone... not that I believe it is. Just sayin'.

Anyway, why did they think you were ESFP?
Why Se and not Ne?
And why Fi?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have nothing against the amount of writing you posted - actually, I think it came off as longer than it really is because you didn't put many spaced line breaks in. I've been reading enough academic writing lately that this seems mercifully short in comparison. :)

That said, I don't know that there's much in here that's super explicit in terms of being able to direct us to certain types for you. Me personally, I like more pointed questions. Like:

How do you tend to approach problems, abstractly or concretely? Do you start with details and move towards a larger picture, or do you start with a larger vision and implement details as you go? Do you pay much attention to your current environment and the potentials for action within it, or do you tend to think about what something could turn into rather than what it is? Do you prefer to think in the present, focusing on what can be currently impacted, or do you prefer to think long-range and/or outside a timed context?

What do you find is a more engaging step in the process for you, exploring and sorting through information, starting at the beginning of a problem, or later on when you're locking pieces of information into place as valid/truthful/accurate? Do you more enjoy searching or dissecting? Do you more enjoy pursuing multiple trains of thought/action or delving into different facets of one thing?

What do you think is your most frustrating habit?

Off the bat I want to say NP, and maybe sx-last. Maybe so/sp.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]

The other discussion about limiting post length is ridiculous. Calling it spam is even more ridiculous, because SPAM by definition is unwanted messages from online vendors delivered to recipients who didn't request the information. You are not an online vendor, you are asking for help on your type.

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not hard to figure out that you're an ISTP. It's not even necessary to read the WHOLE THING. You're an ISTP. [OOPS, I meant to type ESTP.]

The other discussion about limiting post length is ridiculous. Calling it spam is even more ridiculous, because SPAM by definition is unwanted messages from online vendors delivered to recipients who didn't request the information. You are not an online vendor, you are asking for help on your type.

The problem I had with ESTP is that I've never in my life seen an ESTP post more than five sentences in a post. The asexual thing is another problem; it doesn't seem to fit ESTPs I've known at all; just the opposite. I would say that ISTP might be a better bet right now . . .
[MENTION=23063]PocketFullOf[/MENTION] : Do people sometimes find you intimidating? I mean, not that you are trying to be, but just your sheer force of personality might bowl some people over?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did one on PerC and they told me it was too bare bones that's why I went over the top this time.

I'm this way too. When someone asks for more from me, I give them way too much. I think I just don't want to make the same mistake more than once, and sometimes, it is difficult to determine the right amount of something. I don't know what function is responsible for my under and overdoing things. If I had to guess, I'd say that my Introverted Feeling has difficulty determining what is appropriate....I've also read here, on TypoC, that Extroverted Thinking determines what is correct through knocking everything else down. Maybe that's what I doing and what you're doing here. So, maybe this indicates you are an Fi/Te user? Not sure.

But, if you are an Fi/Te user, then that means TJ or FP. Most of your guesses were for Perceiving types, and that seems right. Your communication doesn't have the rigid or controlled feel of TJ or the strong opinions. Maybe you had an opinion about Prplchknz being the funniest and your feeling was important enough that you thought everyone should know. So, this seems to me more of leading with Introverted Feeling than Extroverted Thinking, which would weigh more heavily towards FP.

I guess I just wanted people to have enough info, because as much as I hate it, I'm a bit of a complex person.

First off, this seems self-indulgent, which I associate with Introverted Feeling. Next, it is straightforward, like most of your posts, and that might be an Se/Ni thing. So SFP?

My guess based on this would be ESFP.

She does remind me of an ESTP I know. I could be wrong on my Fi theory about her.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My initial hunch here is ESTP. Perhaps more ambiverted (i.e. Ti-heavy) than a lot of ESTPs, but still one nevertheless. I pick up a slight disdain from the true fancifulness of intuition, with your interest in patterns being more T-oriented than N-oriented. You also seem to have a nice "tell it as it is" style to you. Though some of the patterns of your energy are somewhat Ne-like. I'm skeptical of ESFP or any other Fi type for you at least.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Wow. This is really interesting.

Yes. Your writing style is really INTPish. Woh. What are those MBTI analyzers? That's cool.

It seems that there are some details that are so similar but opposite to me at the same time haha. I am introverted, social situations exhaust and upset me. But I am really talkative and stop to talk to random people in the streets.
Why do you wear an Introvert mask?

Yes. This is what I've always thought too. I agree.
I think I often make rational choices that people would label as emotional instead. Like, my family (Ts) think the rational choice is to be beside the family and show them love and appreciation for everything they do. For me (F) a rational choice would be live by my own, do what I think is right for me and feel free to ignore or not care about people.
I don't know if my example made any sense, but I couldn't think of any better one.
The only thing I hate about MBTI is that there aren't any middle ways.
We should rearrange the whole concept and add some middle letters.
The ultimate human being with all functions fully developed would be MMMM
But It could be someone that lacks all functions as well.
That's when I realize I'm more of a feeler. I cannot arrange my thoughts in a logical direction. Never. And this makes me perceive you as a Thinker. But not a really strong T you are still human.

For the sensor thing. I'm not sure. I don't know enough sensors. And probably this is a Sensorish part of me since I need to know people with that preference to relate to it in any way. I can have my theories, but I can't feel sure and ready to share them with someone if I don't experience them myself first.

The test analyzer is in my blog, which you've found the site analyzer is on PerC I could not recover the link. I am not sure how it is analyzed.

Wow I sound a lot like the Ts in your family. It really makes me question my definition of T vs F, and makes me kind of certain I am a T actually.

I agree about MBTI I think I am in the middle on more than one axis and don't see the need for distinction. What is wrong with making xSTP a real and distinct type?

About the MMMM thing, I proposed in PerC awhile ago that xxxx was the ideal personality but had the same reservations that you did...great minds think alike right?

I think you are a feeler, I think I could still be a feeler, although less of one, or that pat of my personality could be ambiguous. I view each variable in MBTI similar as I view love:
H______indifference_______L
T______indistinguishable_______F

I think I am sensor in most areas but I am overwhelmingly and obsessively big picture. That is innate to me. that will never change. It is my orientation towards existence, and that is very N. So even if I am S in all other respects, that makes me question, because it is such a significant part of who I am.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I have no idea how those text analyzers work, but my best guess is that they scan for certain words, or how many commas you use, maybe even the length of the paragraph, things like these. The problem is that their accuracy depends on an awful lot of factors (your mood, what time it is, your age...) and they probably overlook important info (that they wouldn't be able to process anyway) such as the structure of your sentences or the topic you're writing about.

On PerC some users try to type people based on their writing style and can identify some functions, especially Ti and Te. That's cool and sometimes accurate, so maybe it is possible to type someone based on their writing style alone... not that I believe it is. Just sayin'.

Anyway, why did they think you were ESFP?
Why Se and not Ne?
And why Fi?

The overall description of ESFP seems to fit me very well, except for the fact that I am quite theoretical and abstract at times as well, and I am pretty sure that I've deluded myself into believing that my Fi is Ti.

I think Si over Ne actually...I'm going to make a video soon about my type for someone else's thread, eye movements may be helpful for this.

I'm not sure, but the INTJ who said I was Fi made some very convincing points that I don't really know the difference between Ti and Fi and confused the two my whole life.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot

If I am ESTP, I am a very mellow one, but I have an extreme thirst for knowledge and compulsion to consider the big picture which is not present in other ESTP's I've known. My first year in college I hung out with a lot of ESTPs and I realized I am not like them. I like to think about abstract issues a lot more and am far more introverted. I'm not as "cool" as them, I am more cautious in general, calculated, and self-deprecating.

I agree about the post length, that was some bizarre shit from silent musings. I always thought he was a cool intelligent guy, don't know what aobut my post pissed him off so much but I am 100% positive it was not the length of it.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
How do you tend to approach problems, abstractly or concretely?
Honestly, both. First concretely, but once I am engaged I get lost in abstract solutions.
Do you start with details and move towards a larger picture, or do you start with a larger vision and implement details as you go?
I start big picture and then think about the details and re-evaluate the big picture. If I had to pick I start with the details.
Do you pay much attention to your current environment and the potentials for action within it, or do you tend to think about what something could turn into rather than what it is?
Both, but I superficially analyze what as here at first and then think about what the future could hold and then think about what my next actions should be based on that.
Do you prefer to think in the present, focusing on what can be currently impacted, or do you prefer to think long-range and/or outside a timed context?
Long range big picture. No doubt.

What do you find is a more engaging step in the process for you, exploring and sorting through information, starting at the beginning of a problem, or later on when you're locking pieces of information into place as valid/truthful/accurate?
When I put the pieces together to form the big picture that gives me a ton of mental energy and inspiration.

Do you more enjoy searching or dissecting? Do you more enjoy pursuing multiple trains of thought/action or delving into different facets of one thing?
Different facets of one thing.

What do you think is your most frustrating habit?
Compulsion. When I get an idea in my head I cant drop and will bug everyone around me with it.

Off the bat I want to say NP, and maybe sx-last. Maybe so/sp.
I am not sure about SP, I think I am SX before SP, but you might be right, I'm not very knowledgable about instinct.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
The problem I had with ESTP is that I've never in my life seen an ESTP post more than five sentences in a post. The asexual thing is another problem; it doesn't seem to fit ESTPs I've known at all; just the opposite. I would say that ISTP might be a better bet right now . . .
[MENTION=23063]PocketFullOf[/MENTION] : Do people sometimes find you intimidating? I mean, not that you are trying to be, but just your sheer force of personality might bowl some people over?
I agree with you. ISTP fits me better than ESTP, except I know I am extroverted and I am ridiculously obsessed with the big picture. This is the reason I think I am ESFP. Its not because I fit ESFP, its more process of elimination.

People do find me intimidating, and I am so confused why. I am extroverted but I am a shy, friendly, considerate girl, it is not my intention to intimidate and it bewilders me when I do. Usually after people get familiar with me this never happens again though, its mostly people who first meet me.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Darkside and Luna I will respond tomorrow, I just got home and I have to deal with something, I will also make a video Ene's thread tomorrow or very late tonight.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My best guess right now is ESTP, based on the 'vibe' I get from your posts. But I'm usually wrong about these things :laugh:

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree with you. ISTP fits me better than ESTP, except I know I am extroverted and I am ridiculously obsessed with the big picture. This is the reason I think I am ESFP. Its not because I fit ESFP, its more process of elimination.

People do find me intimidating, and I am so confused why. I am extroverted but I am a shy, friendly, considerate girl, it is not my intention to intimidate and it bewilders me when I do. Usually after people get familiar with me this never happens again though, its mostly people who first meet me.

Yeah, bowling people over is usually an EP thing. Sometimes ENTJ (but no way that's you). Actually, a lot of SPs I know identify with big picture; I don't know many ESFPs, but definitely ESTPs and ISTPs like to generalize about specific groups and things like this; I don't think a big picture preference indicates N at all.

I would say you are definitely S, you say you are definitely E and I agree (bowling people over accidentally seems very E and SP), I would lean toward T over F for you, but if we are doing cognitive functions you seem to identify with Fi (ESTPs don't have it very much) so either one is possible, and I would definitely go with P over J for you.

You give off a very ESxP vibe; I don't know enough ESFPs (and no female ESFPs) to really say more than this. But it does seem like POE lands you at ESFP.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Yeah, bowling people over is usually an EP thing. Sometimes ENTJ (but no way that's you). Actually, a lot of SPs I know identify with big picture; I don't know many ESFPs, but definitely ESTPs and ISTPs like to generalize about specific groups and things like this; I don't think a big picture preference indicates N at all.

I would say you are definitely S, you say you are definitely E and I agree (bowling people over accidentally seems very E and SP), I would lean toward T over F for you, but if we are doing cognitive functions you seem to identify with Fi (ESTPs don't have it very much) so either one is possible, and I would definitely go with P over J for you.

You give off a very ESxP vibe; I don't know enough ESFPs (and no female ESFPs) to really say more than this. But it does seem like POE lands you at ESFP.

Gotcha. POE points to ESFP in my opinion to, but since it's a negative way of typing rather than positive I wonder how accurately it explains my personality. On the other hand I think negative identification is more accurate than positive, and because I've been trying to use positive identification as do pretty much all online tests, I've been getting ENTP because that's what I seems like I am when I ask myself who I am. I should have been asking myself who I am not instead.

Do you think this mistake has caused me to misdiagnose my enneagram type as well or does 731 seem right. I think I started to negatively type myself for instinct but my lack of familiarity with the theory makes me a bit uncertain that I am so/sx

BlackDog

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Gotcha. POE points to ESFP in my opinion to, but since it's a negative way of typing rather than positive I wonder how accurately it explains my personality. On the other hand I think negative identification is more accurate than positive, and because I've been trying to use positive identification as do pretty much all online tests, I've been getting ENTP because that's what I seems like I am when I ask myself who I am. I should have been asking myself who I am not instead.

Do you think this mistake has caused me to misdiagnose my enneagram type as well or does 731 seem right. I think I started to negatively type myself for instinct but my lack of familiarity with the theory makes me a bit uncertain that I am so/sx

If MBTI grid of sixteen types makes sense to you in your head, and if you can use it in real life, then IMO it is valid. And if that is true, then negative typing is the most accurate. I personally find negative typing to be more accurate because it gets around a lot of the Forer effect (google if interested).

Enneagram is not something I have studied extensively because it is much harder to type what someone's motivation is than to type the 'machinery' they are executing actions with. And also, oftentimes the deep motivation is less important than other circumstantial motivations that can plainly be read (I want my team to win, I want to have fun, I don't want to get fired from my job, I want to backstab my co-worker so that I can get promoted). Those motivations are usually a lot more useful for predicting people's actions, IMO.

But let's take cases where someone's deep motivations matter to you more than their circumstantial motivations. That would be family, or maybe a co-worker who you work with extensively.

With these people, I think that MBTI type can bleed into Enneagram type. For example, it is inconceivable to me that an ISFJ in MBTI could be an Enneagram type 8. But technically these systems are separate, right? So adding Enneagram to MBTI creates a situation where there must be interactions between the two systems, but no one really can say for sure what they are.

7 is a classic Enneagram type for ESFP. I can't really say a lot more than that. Having an explanation for your deepest motivations is IMO not as useful as a lot of people seem to think. "Deepest" does not equal most important. Human behavior is made up of actions that people do, and usually these actions can be explained without the need to call for deep motives. If they do exist, I think it is more of an influence than a determining factor most of the time.

Instinctual variants are more useful IMO. That should be a pretty objective thing. Just look at your behavior; either you are group-oriented or you are not. And so on.

I will say that if you are thinking that you are something, it will come across naturally. If you are always worrying about your ability to manage your contacts in social situations, it means you aren't So. Because it would be natural, it would be your strong point if you were So dominant. Whatever you naturally manage effortlessly is your top. Whatever you dismiss as unimportant, or denigrate, or don't even think of is your bottom.

At least this is my method.