• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give it to me straight, doc! (MBTI, enneagram, socionics, instinct...all of it)

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Here we go yall:

Disclaimer: How are you doing? Are there any major life events/illnesses/other issues that might be influencing you? Did you write this in one sitting, or have you pondered these issues deeply? Give us a sense of "where you're at" right now.
1) Great now that I'm talkin' to you babe. :D
2) No, my life is that of a boring average upper middle class white American girl.
3) Yes, I did write it in one sitting, when I get on something I do it until it's done, but finding out my type has been my obsession for the last months, so I have also been thinking about it deeply, "you gotta be who you are in the world" and to do that you have to know who you are...right?
4) I am a girl in her mid 20s, I graduated college a few years ago, I have some ambitions as far as career is concerned, but they take some implementing so right now I am trying to build up my resume and make sure that is exactly what I want to do with my life....but I have had the same general goal since I was a second year high school student, although through what institution I would like to have my career has changed a bit (first I wanted to be Secretary General of the UN, now I want to work for the US foreign service, I even wanted to work for NGOs for a while in college, while I was going through my idealistic phase, needless to say I'm as pragmatic as I am idealistic, if not more so, so in the end I got tired of the dreamers)

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
I've taken tons of MBTI, Socionics, and Enneagram tests and I seem to get a pretty wide range of results. Although most of my results are xNTP and 5 or 7 I have also scored: ESTP, ISTP, ISTJ, ENFP, INTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ in no particular order. I am fairly certain I am a thinker, and have a friend who is familiar with MBTI confirm this for me (they are an ENFP) but I am not even sure of that...though they know me well no one can know a person completely, not even themselves. My parents have also told me that I have been detail oriented, logical, and practical my whole life, and they are INTJ 5 and INFJ 9 respectively.
1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
Unless I am tired or content to watch tv and go online I am usually bored if I am at home with nothing to do. I am not very in touch with my emotions but mentally I would be wanting for stimulation and distraction from being bored. Occasionally I will get very paranoid that I have accomplished nothing and so I will drink or take kratom and then I will once again be content with surfing the internet for whatever I find interesting or funny.
2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
b. What have others said about you?
c. What do you think of yourself?
a) Well, that's a hard question to answer, one of the reasons I got into this stuff is because it is easily accessible an seems to hold some truths, even if its not the fullest view of who a person is. I have had many different interests and I found a wide variety of activities and disaplines interesting. I am most interested by sciences (both hard and soft) and politics I would say. I want to get to the truth about existence, even though I am confident there is none, so my quest is one of knowledge driven by curiousity. (Also, I'm not going to correct my spelling, its boring, deal with it) I must be motivated to do something, but when I am motivated I pursue it non-stop. When I find something I consider to be an intrinsic truth of a matter, I go by it until I hear an idea that throws that into question, at which point I re-evaluate my understanding of the subject. As far as the social scene is concerned, I make friends rather easily, and when I make a new one I am all about them for the time being. Although I am outgoing, I always have a few close friends, and I go through them, it can take anywhere from 1 to 8 years but when I am close with them they are my best friends. A lot of people say they've never met a girl like me before, and I tend to come off as much more intelligent than I am. I love to live it up and party, and if I am not motivated to do something I will shirk my responsibilities to have fun with my friends, but I know when I can no longer get away with this, and then I go fix the problem in order that I can go back to what I was doing. I am definitely energized by people, but I like to spend a lot of time alone with my thoughts as well, this does drain my energy though, even though I probably spend more time like this than with others. Sometimes I feel like I am really an 8 year old trapped in a 24 year old's body. I am musical and I love all kinds of music, I play piano and violin and have for almost two decades. Despite that I am not the music snob or the person with headphones always in my ears but when I hear it, I appreciate it a lot and get immersed in it.
b) Others have said I am very logical, down to earth and friendly. I am sometimes very generous and considerate but on occasion I can be insistent. I am generally very open-minded tolerant, and curious of other peoples thoughts, feelings and perceptions, and I like to discuss these with them (not so much feelings though) I love to meet people from all walks of life. I express myself very well and I come off as very mature, and well put together, I have impeccable fashion sense, and taste in food. I crave the finer things in life. One of my friends refers to me as her "posh princess". Despite this, I've been told I am not a snob and I appreciate people's differences, and I am glad not everyone is like me (which is true). A lot of my friends talk to me about problems they have because I am told I am very logical and practical. However, I am not in touch with my emotions and I can be awkward if I am not "warmed up" to a situation. When people express their emotions, sometimes I can empathize or even on occasion sympathize with them, but I often don't know what to say, because I don't want to offend them and I am not sure if what I say will be taken wrong but at the same time I want them to know I am there for them. Once I am warmed up to people I am pretty fun and spontaneous...a lot of my friends say that they have the most epic time when we hang out together, and it's true, I always have a ton of fun hanging out with my friends, we have some epic adventures. However, people tell me I am a very private person, I don't like to share my private space or information at all, even with my best friends, and I never talk about my emotions. Some of my friends have even referred to me as a robot in this context. A few have told me I can be mysterious and would make a good secret agent, either that or a comedian.
c) I don't know what to think of myself honestly. I believe in laughter, I think the best way to help people is to make them laugh, if you don't laugh at life you will cry, its also hard to hate a person you can laugh with. Humor is one of my favorite things. I am a cerebral person but I am also very much about attention to detail, humor, pleasure through physical sensations, and aesthetics. I think I am a little bit in consistent, I am self-critical and insecure. I know I am highly intelligent, but I don't think much of myself as a person, I think I am lazy and basically a little kid in a grown-ups body. I know a am quite athletic, but at the same time, I am only willing to work hard while I am obsessed with whatever has gotten me to get myself in shape. I can keep a schedule if I have to but I might not be healthy, because I am a little impulsive and very spontaneous. I like my freedom to be able to do what I want. I know I have good taste, but at the same time I am so anti-conflict that I will settle for less and I will not impose my view until I am very frustrated. I know I can do anything I set my mind to, except setting my mind to something for the long term...and I HATE this about myself. I think I am a loving and caring person though, I like taking care of those I care about and making people feel happy, and this is one thing that I actually hold myself in high esteem for. I have an awesome sense of humor that goes between wordplay, smart ass, and slap-stick. It is one of my most outwardly apparent things and I love it about myself.
3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
I haven't had to deal with much, I have a lot of advantages, but I would say my biggest issue is putting in a consistent effort for the long term, being able to assert myself, and not to settle for something sub-par. I am often too generous with my time and money, and have let people take advantage of me...although when this happens I usually let them drift out of my life (without a direct conflict).
4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
a) I am not sure I am very maleable. Maybe not being maleable and adaptive would be the biggest. Perhaps being super consistent, not wanting to stray from a rigid routine in all aspects of my daily life, and always wanting to be highly organized and micromanage every little thing, although, I do sometimes get on kicks when I am like that.
b) Being consistent over the long term, not having to "warm up" in social situations and being awkward at first, being able to relate to other people better (sometimes I feel like I am not even a real person, a grown up, or I feel that I have something very wrong with me even though I come off as very "together" to other people). I wish I could be more open and less private. Better self-displine consistently, so that I don't over-work when I am motivated about something and neglect everything else.
5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
A variety of reasons, we will just drift apart and what brought us together no longer does (our interests change), they will take advantage of me, they will talk behind my back, sometimes I am perceived as too mysterious and private for them so they think I don't trust them or they don't trust me. Sometimes I am quite hard to get in contact with. I also tend to have a honeymoon phase where I am all about a friend and then it cools off and I find a new person I talk to for hours a day, but usually I will still have around 7-12 close friends at any given time.
6. Which types do you identify with most?
a. How do you relate to these types?
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
what do you mean by types? MBTI types? I guess I relate to ENTP, INTP, ESTP, ISTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ENFP, ESFP
a)
ENTP: The spontaneousness of thinking, and also the deep thought, the ability to present one's self well...to charm others. I also love love LOVE wordplay humor.
INTP: The deep thinking is something I really relate to and they way of thinking. Like I said before I like to get to the underlying truths, knowledge through curiousity, I also think I can be pretty casual.
ESTP: I love and have played sports all my life, and when I am up for something I am totally up for it. I almost called this thread "Lets fucking do this!" People compared me to bender or "bender with a conscience" in college
ISTP: I am a quick hands on learner, detail oriented, logical, practical
ENTJ: I am good at overseeing something if I am all about it, once I have a good and inspired, be damned if you are in my way, I will accomplish it or die trying. I am ambitious, I can direct people and I am good and finding ways that a group can go about accomplishing their goals as well as giving people specific tasks based on their skill sets.
INTJ: I am very good and recognizing underlying patterns, and analyzing them rationally and logically. This is a skill I recognize not only in myself but others see in my as well.
ENFP: I like to inspire others, and I am idealistic at heart even though I am also very pragmatic and realistic. I want to make the world a better place and life better for everyone. I want to work together and get along. I see the best in people and bring it out.
ESFP, mainly slapstick humor and pleasure seeking through physical sensations (other than sex since I am asexual). I am also spontaneous bordering on impulsive when I drink unless something is weighing heavily on my mind. I think. I love to party.
b)
ENTP: I am not abrasive, and I am deeply hurt if I hurt another person. It ruins my time and every time I think about it after I am completely embarrassed.
INTP: I am more high energy and attached to the real world.
ESTP: sometimes I need a break, sometimes I like to think deeply and in an abstract way. I like to analyze patterns and discuss them.
ISTP: I like tradition but I also am very open-minded and I like to question authority and everything in general. I care deeply about the larger picture.
ENTJ: I am not a bully or an asshole. When I have a goal I really want to achieve it, but I don't want to hurt others, I hate this, and if I don't achieve it I can shake it off easily and find the silver lining.
INTJ: Again, I care about how I come off to people, and I have absolutely no Fi.
ENFP: I get annoyed by dreamers after awhile, if an idea is unpractical or illogical it annoys me to have to think about it seriously.
ESFP: I am not ALWAYS down to party, I like slapstick humor but it is not my only kind of humor. I am not in touch with my feelings and I am not quite as spontaneous. I also like to just sit and think sometimes.

7. Which types are least like you?
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
Feeling types and judging types in general. I am not a rigid person, and I am not driven by emotion, nor am I in touch with my emotions. I like to consider every possibility and way of doing things, I am open to hearing anyone's opinion as long as they are open to having a discussion about it. I find changes in emotion of others frighting, and confusing. I don't like abrasive or judgmental people. I hate when people are condescending.

I relate to the idea of strong moral values and I know that while I try to be open-minded I also have values by which I try to make sense of the world and anaylze potential possibilities or the actions people have taken...I ask myself "what would I have done if I were in their shoes" and I try to see the good in people by asking myself "what makes their actions or ideas right in a moral sense as well as a practical and logical one"

I can be very goal oriented and ambitious. I like to be good at things and achieve things. I tend to judge a person's success in life by their accomplishments, as well as where they started compared to where they finished, and how much they achieved at a young age or in a short time. I value people who are polymaths but only if they are successful as well. In that way I guess I am a bit of a hypocrite.
8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
I am asexual but hetero-romantic. I want someone who I can laugh with, who is my best friend, my best relationships we did not share the same goals in life, but we brought different things to the relationship and helped each other have a more complete view of the world. I want love and affection but not sexual or romantic crap.
9. What is the message your superego tells you?
To be a good person because that is the right thing to do, not for appreciation or recognition. To be open-minded and consider everyone's view point, views and feelings as equal. To present one's self as well put together. To chase knowledge and be curious, to strive to do what you want to and achieve what you are capable of and to appreciate the fine things in life. To be humble.
Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).
I am deeply embarrassed by my actions or thoughts, and to chalk this up to experience and never repeat it again. I have failed. Strive to be better.
10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)
I want to be successful and kindhearted, well put-together, but not pretentious, I want my intelligence to be recognized but not over-evaluated. I want to be known as a polymath but I don't want an over-inflated reputation, I want people to be able to come to me with their problems and I want to help them. I want to make people happy, I want to make the world a better place, and I want to be able to explain it to people who want to know about it. I want to make everyone feel wanted and useful.
Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

Above all I am curious and crave knowledge about everything underlying patterns first, closely followed by details sometimes details help me se underlying patterns, sometimes its the reverse, after that I want to help other people and love them. It breaks my heart to see a person struggle or to see humanity struggle because we are clearly on the wrong path. I want to make things right by helping other people see the logical light. I also don't want to be a nutcase or poor, I have expensive taste, and obviously to be able to help other people see the underlying truths of anything I have to have some power and influence, I have to be respected.
11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?
hmm...okay will do...for some reason this hard for me to put into words.
[/QUOTE]
Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.
If they see me for who I really am before I am ready for them too, for them to find out all my personal information and all my thoughts I've had, and some of my guilty pleasures, if I appear weak or crazy. I also want to be loved and appreciated to a certain extent so I don't want to be forgotten or not make a positive impact on anyone's lives. Then I would have failed. But even then at least I had fun...I guess...right?
Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
I spent two hours that I should have been sleeping on this. Tell me if you want to hear my voice, see my picture, have any other questions, or can think of anything else that will help you help me here.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Okay, obviously I'm doing something wrong here if I can get this many views but no responses. What should I add or take away that will help? I know I said I am an ENTP but on PerC they said I show a lot of Fi and Se and ESFP seems more likely. The thing is I wrote this in the middle of the night, so that might explain the writing type. I also don't know a lot about enneagram or instinct but I am pretty sure I'm 7w6 so/sx from the little I do know. If anyone has any insight on any of these three ways of typing as far as I am concerned, that would be great! Thanks!

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The thing is EPs are not well-represented here and I think all the INs racking up the views are a bit unsure how to help because they aren't sure they know enough about the nuances of being an EP to judge.

Maybe start with some more details on why you think you are ENTP and why people say you might be ESFP?

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
People is probably too lazy to read such a long thread. I tried several times to get typed (in other forums) But I always get just a vague response or not answers at all, and it is quite frustrating since I've spent a lot of time writing down detailed questionnaires too. I wish I could help figuring your type out but I don't have enough knowledge and experience on the subject yet.
I can only say is that I appreciated your writing style, the effort you put in it, and your person a lot.
Which I am sure is more important than just an MBTI type.
What I can see is that it is probably difficult for you to figure it out because you have probably equally developed most of your function preferences, and it could maybe make them switch to one to another depending the situation or thoughts you get to deal with.
I am an NF type, so you will probably get annoyed by me, but I agree with you. Anyways I think some NFs could be more realist than the stereotypes wants them to be , and most of them could just be playing a role.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
God almighty, getting overwhelmed by such detail is not "laziness". OP is being highly insensitive and disobeying basic netiquette.

Honestly I think forums should impose an 500 word limit in posts (minus spoilers), except in special cases of which this not one. Anything above should be deleted as spam.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
God almighty, getting overwhelmed by such detail is not "laziness". OP is being highly insensitive and disobeying basic netiquette.

Honestly I think forums should impose an 500 word limit in posts (minus spoilers), except in special cases of which this not one. Anything above should be deleted as spam.

I did one on PerC and they told me it was too bare bones that's why I went over the top this time. I guess that means I'm detail oriented though. I just wanted people to have enough info, because as much as I hate it, I'm a bit of a complex person.

I will respond to the other two posts later...my phone is about to die and they require more in depth responses.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Personally, I find watching the interaction on the forum to be far more valuable in typing than reading the answers people provide to questionnaires. Even the writing style is more helpful than the answers themselves. I will read through this and keep my eyes on you though!

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot

Also perhaps you should learn the definition of spam...everything I posted relates directly to the questions and as a result the topic. 500 words is very low, this is a forum where people come to seriously discuss issues they care about.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also perhaps you should learn the definition of spam...everything I posted relates directly to the questions and as a result the topic. 500 words is very low, this is a forum where people come to seriously discuss issues they care about.
Quite. Plus, members are free to pass by posts and threads for any reason, including not wanting to read something beyond a certain length.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
The thing is EPs are not well-represented here and I think all the INs racking up the views are a bit unsure how to help because they aren't sure they know enough about the nuances of being an EP to judge.

Maybe start with some more details on why you think you are ENTP and why people say you might be ESFP?

To be honest, I don't know much about ESFPs, but their sense of humor, caring for others, and wanting to be liked resonates with me. Also apparently there is some tendency towards the need for instant gratification which I have, but otherwise I am not sure I see myself in them. I am much more introverted. I think I am a thinker and other people have told me this (who are familiar with MBTI), I also love word play and I enjoy (civil) debates, I like thinking about the future and humanity's place in it. I think I do have most of the ESFP traits but my interests are a little different, I love laughing and hanging out with friends but I also love learning about humanity's condition and my brain is kind of a storage unit of random facts (so I'm told).

I also find it incredibly difficult to talk about my feelings. As far as ENTPs go: I do love to play devils advocate, but I am not as brutally honest all the time and I feel offended if I offend another person. I also hate when people are inconsiderate of others and I am on a constant quest for knowledge, I love to see different ways of looking at the world and debating them.

The reason I can't decide which I am is because I am not as abrasive as the ENTP and I care deeply about how other people feel and how they perceive me, but I am into different things than an ESFP is. I love fashion but I will not change my surroundings to fit my unique style, only my clothes. I like to appreciate style rather than create it. Since they both like to avoid grunt work and organization (a trait I have) and I seem in between both, it leaves me unsure how to continue. A lot of people see me as ENTP but when I posted this on PerC someone told me I was ESFP, and their reasoning behind it was very convincing.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
People is probably too lazy to read such a long thread. I tried several times to get typed (in other forums) But I always get just a vague response or not answers at all, and it is quite frustrating since I've spent a lot of time writing down detailed questionnaires too. I wish I could help figuring your type out but I don't have enough knowledge and experience on the subject yet.
I can only say is that I appreciated your writing style, the effort you put in it, and your person a lot.
Which I am sure is more important than just an MBTI type.
What I can see is that it is probably difficult for you to figure it out because you have probably equally developed most of your function preferences, and it could maybe make them switch to one to another depending the situation or thoughts you get to deal with.
I am an NF type, so you will probably get annoyed by me, but I agree with you. Anyways I think some NFs could be more realist than the stereotypes wants them to be , and most of them could just be playing a role.

Thank you, I thought there was something seriously wrong with my responses (that in turn reflected something seriously wrong with me) which is why no one was commenting. I have wrestled with the idea that I have pretty equally developed functions, because I can see my self in almost all the descriptions of the functions.

Also, its not so much that I get annoyed with NF types, I actually have an ENFP friend that I love because they are always full of ideas and inspiring, it just gets tiring, and for someone who is rooted in the concrete and rational its a little hard to keep up. I really wish I were an NF sometimes, I think life would be a lot more interesting.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Personally, I find watching the interaction on the forum to be far more valuable in typing than reading the answers people provide to questionnaires. Even the writing style is more helpful than the answers themselves. I will read through this and keep my eyes on you though!

Yeah I agree about forum interaction being better, but people are good at avoiding things they don't want to talk about so its good to know their answers to a range of questions too (well at least for me, being detail oriented), disregard my writing style on this a little, it was written in the middle of the night, and I was not focused on style at all, I just responded directly as possible to the questions in a very stream of consciousness way.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have no problem with the length of your post but I tend not to have much luck at getting a type feel for somebody based on self-descriptions. I hope you turn out to be ESFP though! We don't have many of those. :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I wish I could type someone by how they express ideas through text but I just can't and maybe never will.

Nicodemus

I came here just to add: '... like a pear cider that's made from 100% pears'.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=23063]PocketFullOf[/MENTION] I personally don't think that typing someone based on their writing style is correct. Unless it was timed. I usually get typed as Exxx because of my writing style, and if there something I'm sure of is that I am an introvert. I've seen shorter posts that didn't get many comments too. Or they just say oh you are this type without explaining why. Then another comes along saying, no you are this other type and in the end you are more confused than before hahaha.
I think you'll figure out your type your own. I did.
Here people should just help you find a direction.

Do you feel an Extrovert? Why?
What makes you different from an Introvert?
What makes F stronger than T?
Why P over J?
Besides the detail theory, what makes you feel more like a Sensor?