• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ unsure about enneagram tritype?

accualiizdolan

Enneagram
3w4
Prerequisites

What age range are you in?
I'm 18.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
No.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

I want to become a successful person. I want to be remembered long after I am gone, and I want people to be in awe of my achievements. I am also a rather materialistic person, so I would like to be wealthy too. It's very important to be to have the best of everything.

2. What were you like as a kid?
I was very imaginative, I used to mimic people a lot, I liked an audience. I was also rather cynical and I didn't believe in things easily, it was important for me to have proof. I was also rather confrontational, my family jokingly called me a gangster because I got into a fight with a boy in pre-school. Once, my sister was bullied by a cousin, and I confronted that cousin and shouted at her in front of all my other relatives, I was about 2 or 3, my sister is 3 years older than I am. I didn't actually care about my sister, I was rather indifferent actually. I just had a hero complex, I suppose. Another time, she was bullied in school and I her school was having an event that same week, and we were to attend it. I was hell bent on finding her bully and confronting her, but the girl wasn't there. When I was in school, I was a bully. I used to look down on those who were not very intelligent. I was also rather clique-ish and I would establish rules so that other kids couldn't join our group. I also manipulated someone who was very intent on joining our group, but I never let her join in the end. I was also very involved in extra-curricular activities, because I liked being the best. My achievements also made me popular and well respected my younger kids in my school.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
They're alright. I cannot get along with my mum, because she never tries tries to reason with anyone, and she spouts illogical nonsense 95% of the time.She's an unhealthy xSFJ. My dad is ok, but he is rather traditional, which annoys me sometimes.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
I would hate to be a failure or an illogical person. I would hate to be someone with no ambition, settling for things as they come by, never looking forward or envisioning a better future for themselves. I would hate to be someone who never views things objectively, but choosing instead to use 'values' and 'feelings' when discussing/debating an issue.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
No.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
I see myself as a determined person who knows how to have fun at the same time. I am very ambitious and materialistic and I have no problems admitting it. Many people tend to view materialism and a need for recognition as something negative nowadays, instead, they choose to propagate their own values and beliefs as a set standard, which I find nonsensical. I actually saw myself as someone who is quite laid back, and was surprised when people actually saw me as someone who is serious, and a few of my friends said I can be a bit of a control freak. This came in handy when I was analysing myself as I thought I was an ENTP at first. After learning about the functions, I found out that I'm definitely a Te user, not an Ne dom.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
I want others to see me as someone who is intelligent and talented. I want them to be wowed by my achievements, yet I would not want to be seen as someone who is too high strung, as I am a quite laid back when it comes to things that aren't related to my future career.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
I hate people who are unambitious. I also dislike people moralistic people, and people who overreact.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others(1)
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you(3)
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.(2)

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
I am quite the daydreamer. I can spend 2-3 hours doing this. The wandering mind prompts me to think about my future, and come up with plans to ensure my success. Sometimes I enjoy thinking about imaginary scenarios, like a strategy for a zombie apocalypse. I also enjoy planning future events/trips. Nothing really provokes this, I've been a daydreamer for as long as I can remember.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Best: When I achieve my goals, when people praise me or when people tell me that I am intelligent. It would depend on the people who say it though, for an example, my mum thinks I'm unintelligent because I am inept at doing house chores, but it does not because she's one of the least intelligent people I know, so her calling me dumb hardly keeps me up awake at night.

Worst: When things don't go my way.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger
I get annoyed really easily. I am short tempered, if I'm at home I will yell an argue, but if I'm in public I control my anger.

b.) shame
I have no shame. LOLJK. I'm good at concealing shame. What prompts it? Hmm. I don't really remember, because I don't experience it a lot.

c.) anxiety
I feel really nauseous and horrid when I'm anxious. What prompts it? Examinations, waiting for results during a competition, being in unfamiliar situations.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
I tend to breakdown and cry if the stress is too immense, which I rarely do. But after that, I'm fine.

b.) negative unexpected change
Get annoyed but accept it and adapt.

c.) conflict
I feel very energised by conflict. If it's an argument of some sort, it's even better if there are people around, because you get to beat the person in front of an audience.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I like being the leader, because I get to call the shots and I'm very good at taking everyone's ideas into account,sorting the good ones from the bad, and then making decisons based on that. I am also rather organised.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
I am actually a fair leader. I take the opinions of others into account because I think of one chooses to be a dictator, people will resist you and your methods will be ineffective, especially at this age(I'm 18) when teenagers aren't the most compliant people. I also have a desire to control every aspect of a project/organisation, I have a hard time letting others do something, because I feel like they can't. I feel uncomfortable when I have to let an aspect of a project go unsupervised.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
YES. I hate taking orders and not being the one in a position of authority. I especially hate it when the person in question is rather stupid but thinks that he/she is right just because they're in a position of authority/are older. If the person is a good leader, then I may be alright with it.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Yes, because I think others do tend to notice things in us that we ourselves do not. I see their potential and a lot of their speech/body patterns. That's why I'm good at mimicking others.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I don't trust people easily, but I do trust certain people with certain things. If I were to invest in stocks, I wouldn't invest all my money in one company, would I? That's the same way I deal with people.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
I am not religious, but I am open to the possibility of there being a god. I've always been interested in the supernatural, and I personally do believe in a bit of it. I belief that some day there could be proof supporting things that cannot be prove now, similar to the things that could not be proven hundreds of years ago. However, I would never use my personal beliefs in an argument, because I think one must be objective when discussing things generally.

Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
When I was 11, I won a Spelling Bee, and I became really popular at school because it was covered by the newspapers and local TV station. At that moment, I got a small taste of fame and success, coupled with admiration from the younger kids at school. Every time I lose hope, I think of what could happen if I move on.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
I think about it, but I can be rather lazy. So it is not always realised. When it comes to the bigger picture though, then yes. I work hard to realise my dreams, but when it comes to smaller stuff like learning a new piano piece/studying/ then I tend to procrastinate.

- To be without needs, well-intentioned
No.

- To replace direct experience with concepts
I believe experience is rather unreliable, but we live in a world full of people who choose to go by it. So I think this would be quite high up on my list.

- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself

- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
This is at the top of my list.

What's something you are:
a.) thankful for
I have wonderful friends. I have many friends but I have never experienced a lot of friendship drama.

have b.) wish you could have? Why?
Courage, this is something I admire among my ESTP friends because I tend to shy away from taking that huge leap.