• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Enneagram?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Okay. Just know that I didn't suggest 6w7 though haha. I definitely don't get a 7 feeling from you at all.

Right. That was someone else. :doh: Sorry, I read a bunch of replies and responded to the wrong one.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just noticed you changed to so/sp -- good call! You definitely vibe sx-last, now that I think about it.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just noticed you changed to so/sp -- good call! You definitely vibe sx-last, now that I think about it.

Yeah and what prompted this change, just wondering? :thinking:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah and what prompted this change, just wondering? :thinking:

I thought maybe some of the 6ish vibe that was getting picked up was actually sp. I also did some more reading about instinctual variants and thought it fit better. I had also chosen so/sx based on an online test. After retaking it last night and having it tell me I was 2w3 sx I decided it was rubbish and went with research instead.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought maybe some of the 6ish vibe that was getting picked up was actually sp. I also did some more reading about instinctual variants and thought it fit better. I had also chosen so/sx based on an online test. After retaking it last night and having it tell me I was 2w3 sx I decided it was rubbish and went with research instead.

That makes sense. :D What about so/sp resonates with you?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That makes sense. :D What about so/sp resonates with you?

Um, I think it just resonates the best of all the choices. I really relate to all the instinctual variants, so I had a hard time choosing. Mostly it just best reflects how I prioritize my life. In a social/group setting I'm generally hyper aware of how people are interacting and try to make that as smooth as possible. I'm also very aware of how I am perceived and try to monitor that pretty carefully. Which, is why I chose so first.

But I'm really still a bit torn between sx and sp. I definitely spend a LOT of time making sure my physical needs are met. Whether that's schedule related stuff, meal planning, budgeting, etc. And I have a decent amount of anxiety in regards to things that could potentially compromise my safety/health. What I don't relate to is that most sp descriptions use words like "dark, reserved, lower energy, etc." and none of those words really apply to me.

So, yeah. I don't know. Probably still going to go with so/sp, but open to suggestions.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I did. Just not a huge fan of the whole concept I suppose. I think they just take it a bit too far and pigeonhole people a little too much. If I had to choose, I would probably still go with so/sp. I even read the ones for type 1, just in case it's the 2 that's the problem.

I actually like the description for so/sx. I don't think it can actually describe someone's life like "they are friends with everyone" (although I'd like to pride myself on that fact hehe) but I think it really captures the warm, inviting, lighthearted energy of the type - I think [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and I represent how it can manifest itself from an already playful type like E7 to a more organized and efficient type like E1.

I think you could easily mistype as so/sx due to 2 influence since 2s can be so engaging and personal. But if you do have a more rigid aura and consider E1 then I could buy so/sp for E2.

(sorry I still haven't watched the video haha today's been busy...)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's possible that their 2 stacks aren't as well written as their 1 stacks. (I did notice a focus on manipulation, when IME not all 2s are super manipulative. (Noticing a trend here...)) I like the 1 so/sx description, personally:

The social/sexual One will have the same concerns as the social/self-pres types, however those concerns center more on individuals. Rules aren’t quite as important. They will zero in on what they want to make better and the intensity of their conviction is more obvious. Along with this, they are more personable, somewhat “lighter” and don’t generally take themselves as seriously. They can have a great sense of humor.

On the down side, their sensitivity can cause them to hold grudges. Because the self-pres instinct is last, this subtype could easily be mistaken for other enneatypes. Along with the sexual/social subtype, they can even be somewhat sloppy. Usually, there is still a sense of organization and a desire to do the job right, but there is much less emphasis on perfectionism in the material, physical environment. Most of their focus is on people and society. With this as their focus, they can be quite persuasive when it comes to their chosen causes. On the down side, when this extra outward energy is taken too far, they can approach the world with the attitude that they need to be right at all costs.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's possible that their 2 stacks aren't as well written as their 1 stacks. (I did notice a focus on manipulation, when IME not all 2s are super manipulative. (Noticing a trend here...)) I like the 1 so/sx description, personally:

Hmmmm. That actually sounds a LOT like me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Originally I had absolutely no doubts about being a 2w1, but now I am not so sure... I typically type 2w1, but I have gotten 1w2 before. I'm also not sure about my tritype. I've been bouncing between 261 and 268. So, per recommendation of [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] here is a video. It's about 10 minutes long, and I used questions from this thread.

Thanks in advance!

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], also tagging you.

Several times you mentioned liking to feel accomplished, e.g., baking bread. Enjoying achievement and accomplishment are a type 3 trait.

You're definitely not a 1w2. If you were, I would know it immediately.
You're definitely not a 2w1. Although this type can be confused with 1w2, you're not putting out any "people-pleasing" statements. "Plans, things I need to get done" are definitely type 3 statements.

But if I had to choose between 3w2 and 3w4, I would say 3w2 because it is the more extroverted wing type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You enjoy people who you don't have to have any boundaries around, it is relaxing and freeing to you. This indicates that you have boundaries, i.e., self-image, that requires energy for you to keep up. When you drop this self-image you can relax. Point 3 is oriented toward self-image.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At the 4:00 mark you say you are organized and logical. Type 3, being at the center of the Feeling triad, develops intellectual traits in order to avoid confronting their own feelings, their own reality. For you it will be a practical, pragmatic sort of logic which helps to keep emotions at bay that get in the way of achievement.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Video from a Type 2w1 "Helper" -

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 1 Perfectionists talk about their types:

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
At the 4:00 mark you say you are organized and logical. Type 3, being at the center of the Feeling triad, develops intellectual traits in order to avoid confronting their own feelings, their own reality. For you it will be a practical, pragmatic sort of logic which helps to keep emotions at bay that get in the way of achievement.

Interesting. I have never really considered 3 before... I do have a tendency to try to run away from my feelings, or convince myself to have different ones if they don't match the ones I want to have.

The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction, rather than admiration or recognition. I like to be correct for the purpose of being correct. If I know I am right, I don't actually care all that much whether other people acknowledge it because I am personally justified in my knowledge. In school, I am much more mastery than achievement oriented. I like to learn the material well because I know it will benefit me later, and because I think it is interesting. Not because I need an A for my self-worth. I want to pursue a doctorate mostly because I believe it will make me a more effective counselor than if I just had a masters, not for the prestige. I strive to be good at my job because my work impacts my owner's income and livelihood. And also because there is no point in not doing my best, I am after all getting paid to work there. I also just like being in charge.

I definitely like recognition. Who doesn't? And all 2s have a 3 wing. But, my roommate is definitely not sold on me being a 2. I'm not either for that matter. I also don't really like all the emphasis on the accumulation of material wealth. I do have a tendency to want nice things. But, I've always attributed that to the fact I grew up fairly affluent and am accustomed to them. I certainly don't look down on people who don't have them. I tend to desire more for comfort and usefulness than to be admired for them. In fact, for a lot of my life I have been ashamed of my material possessions because I had so many more than my peers. That doesn't sound very 3ish to me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I have never really considered 3 before... I do have a tendency to try to run away from my feelings, or convince myself to have different ones if they don't match the ones I want to have.

The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction, rather than admiration or recognition.

That's why it's important to keep in mind the distinctions between levels of integration and disintegration. There is a difference between being worthy of admiration and desiring to be admired by others. You can, by simply being yourself, attract admiration while being indifferent to the very idea of it. This is an attribute of the type 3 in the healthy levels. As type 3s loses confidence in themselves, they begin to seek out admiration in an attempt to fill the vacancy left in their souls where the authentic self-esteem used to exist.

I like to be correct for the purpose of being correct. If I know I am right, I don't actually care all that much whether other people acknowledge it because I am personally justified in my knowledge. In school, I am much more mastery than achievement oriented. I like to learn the material well because I know it will benefit me later, and because I think it is interesting. Not because I need an A for my self-worth. I want to pursue a doctorate mostly because I believe it will make me a more effective counselor than if I just had a masters, not for the prestige. I strive to be good at my job because my work impacts my owner's income and livelihood. And also because there is no point in not doing my best, I am after all getting paid to work there. I also just like being in charge.

I definitely like recognition. Who doesn't? And all 2s have a 3 wing. But, my roommate is definitely not sold on me being a 2. I'm not either for that matter. I also don't really like all the emphasis on the accumulation of material wealth. I do have a tendency to want nice things. But, I've always attributed that to the fact I grew up fairly affluent and am accustomed to them. I certainly don't look down on people who don't have them. I tend to desire more for comfort and usefulness than to be admired for them. In fact, for a lot of my life I have been ashamed of my material possessions because I had so many more than my peers. That doesn't sound very 3ish to me.

It's not 2ish, because type 2 is not the "wealth-accumulating" personality type. Neither is type 3.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The reason I am hesitant to think I am a 3 is that most of desire to be accomplished is for personal satisfaction

And in the long and short of it, that's all that matters to be typed as a 3.