• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type OptoGypsy

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're pretty ENTP. This sounds like bullshit, I'm aware, but you seem like you went through hell and back in your middle/high school years. It probably made you appear a lot more introverted, but you strike me as extroverted.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're pretty ENTP. This sounds like bullshit, I'm aware, but you seem like you went through hell and back in your middle/high school years. It probably made you appear a lot more introverted, but you strike me as extroverted.

Yeah INTJ is out of the table but what about ENTJ? I view knowledge as power and that the more I know the better off I am in the world, I also like knowing how everything works that way I can manipulate it

You say pretty what else do you think it may be?

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah INTJ is out of the table but what about ENTJ? I view knowledge as power and that the more I know the better off I am in the world, I also like knowing how everything works that way I can manipulate it

You say pretty what else do you think it may be?

Yeah, you could be an ENTJ. The main reason I said ENTP is because Mark Twain was one, but that couldn't be enough, maybe. NTs are knowledge seekers and have been known for liking to manipulate their surroundings to find their way through situations and life. The choice is really up to you.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, you could be an ENTJ. The main reason I said ENTP is because Mark Twain was one, but that couldn't be enough, maybe. NTs are knowledge seekers and have been known for liking to manipulate their surroundings to find their way through situations and life. The choice is really up to you.

Yeah it's an NT thing but I described both NTJ and NTP

Alea_iacta_est

Beta seems to characterize you more. I'd consider you more SLE-ish (ESTp), though there are perfectly valid arguments for ILE (ENTp).

Which do (or would) you love more?

Being a crucial member of a cause that acts as the executor of its plans, working for something that is larger than yourself?

or

Being surrounded by good company, food, surroundings, having nice, comfortable things, and being able to talk about anything with anyone, from the normal to the ridiculous?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Beta seems to characterize you more. I'd consider you more SLE-ish (ESTp), though there are perfectly valid arguments for ILE (ENTp).

Which do (or would) you love more?

Being a crucial member of a cause that acts as the executor of its plans, working for something that is larger than yourself?

or

Being surrounded by good company, food, surroundings, having nice, comfortable things, and being able to talk about anything with anyone, from the normal to the ridiculous?

The first one

Alea_iacta_est

The first one

Suggests Ni-Seeking, and thus there is an inclination toward Beta SLE.

This means you should actively seek out information that provides you with meaning or purpose, something to stand and act for. You should find yourself very enthused by information that relays the grander scheme of things.

The ILE (ENTp), in contrast, finds that sort of information somewhat counter-productive, considering he prefers Ne to Ni (object potential rather than subject potential), but finds information concerning how we subjectively experience and interpret the immediate world highly interesting (while the SLE regards this information as pointless). Thus, ILEs tend to be suggestible to comfort or any pleasant experience, and actively seek out people who can provide such a comfortable environment. (Si)

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Suggests Ni-Seeking, and thus there is an inclination toward Beta SLE.

This means you should actively seek out information that provides you with meaning or purpose, something to stand and act for. You should find yourself very enthused by information that relays the grander scheme of things.

The ILE (ENTp), in contrast, finds that sort of information somewhat counter-productive, considering he prefers Ne to Ni (object potential rather than subject potential), but finds information concerning how we subjectively experience and interpret the immediate world highly interesting (while the SLE regards this information as pointless). Thus, ILEs tend to be suggestible to comfort or any pleasant experience, and actively seek out people who can provide such a comfortable environment. (Si)

Wouldn't that come in age as in when you're in your 30s? Any thoughts on the Tritype?

Alea_iacta_est

Wouldn't that come in age as in when you're in your 30s? Any thoughts on the Tritype?

The Jungian approach would suggest so, but the Socionics approach, being more oriented toward cybernetics, suggests that since information is automatically subconsciously categorized into these 8 elements, types are predisposed toward valuing and devaluing certain information. It is important to note, however, that many socionicists believe that the personality type isn't fully formed until around age 22.

It might help to think of it in the way that the Jungian approach would be "as you age, you begin to understand your deeper values more (the tert., inf.), whereas the Socionics approach says "as you age, you'll develop more [with the help of some intertype relations], but you will already seem to know what types of information you prefer in each of the four dimensions".

Young ILEs, for instance, would probably be poorly developed in their Si DS function (Si inferior), but would still be childishly suggestible to it, relishing information related to the function when it arises.

EDIT: "Even though you are not skilled in some functions or do not value them, you still have to deal with them"

In the domain of Emotions, ILE's prefer Extraverted Ethics
In the domain of Logic, ILE's prefer Introverted Logic
In the domain of Reality, ILE's prefer Experiential Sensing (Si)
In the domain of Abstraction, ILE's prefer Extraverted Intuition

While the young ILE would be highly unskilled in the areas of Emotions and Reality, they still would have to deal with that kind of information, as it exists in the world around them, produced by other sociotypes and certain stimuli.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Jungian approach would suggest so, but the Socionics approach, being more oriented toward cybernetics, suggests that since information is automatically subconsciously categorized into these 8 elements, types are predisposed toward valuing and devaluing certain information. It is important to note, however, that many socionicists believe that the personality type isn't fully formed until around age 22.

It might help to think of it in the way that the Jungian approach would be "as you age, you begin to understand your deeper values more (the tert., inf.), whereas the Socionics approach says "as you age, you'll develop more [with the help of some intertype relations], but you will already seem to know what types of information you prefer in each of the four dimensions".

Young ILEs, for instance, would probably be poorly developed in their Si DS function (Si inferior), but would still be childishly suggestible to it, relishing information related to the function when it arises.

EDIT: "Even though you are not skilled in some functions or do not value them, you still have to deal with them"

In the domain of Emotions, ILE's prefer Extraverted Ethics
In the domain of Logic, ILE's prefer Introverted Logic
In the domain of Reality, ILE's prefer Experiential Sensing (Si)
In the domain of Abstraction, ILE's prefer Extraverted Intuition

While the young ILE would be highly unskilled in the areas of Emotions and Reality, they still would have to deal with that kind of information, as it exists in the world around them, produced by other sociotypes and certain stimuli.

Why are you inclined to believe that I'm an ESTP? Pheraps its cause an ESTP that's ahead of the evolutionary curve to hating sports and loving philosophy

á´…eparted

passages
Why are you inclined to believe that I'm an ESTP? Pheraps its cause an ESTP that's ahead of the evolutionary curve to hating sports and loving philosophy

Those two things are stereotypes and almost entirely irrelevant to personality type.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP

I like knowing how everything works so I can understand it and build on it or connect aspects of that knowledge to other knowledge. Almost a slave to my mind's demanding automatic attempts to create knew knowledge by connecting existing, random dots.

To me, you seem more interested in the 'power' part of 'knowledge is power' in your posts. Is there some reason you don't want to be ESTP?

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like knowing how everything works so I can understand it and build on it or connect aspects of that knowledge to other knowledge. Almost a slave to my mind's demanding automatic attempts to create knew knowledge by connecting existing, random dots.

To me, you seem more interested in the 'power' part of 'knowledge is power' in your posts. Is there some reason you don't want to be ESTP?

I'm a nerd, which simply means that I'm in the minority of the ESTP crowd

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whether you're ESTP or ENTP I'd say 7w8 over 5w6. :thinking:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why do you think I'm a 7w8?

Well I don't know what kind of fears you have or what motivates you, but you seem a lot more scattered than a 5w6 and it seems like you post on here for your own amusement rather than to add onto your own knowledge. You also speak a lot more on the fly than most 5s, even counting in your EP-ness. For example refuting ESTP just because "you're a nerd" is a lot more of a quick and impulsive answer rather than a 5 who would more likely provide some sort of calculated counterargument and justification. Also the way you present/talk about ideas is a lot more bouncy and scattered as opposed to built-up and thought out. Like, starting a type me thread and hitting every single aspect of your life :alttongue: rather than focusing on certain parts that seem most relevant and building on that for discussion. And then immediately after that you post some random pictures and videos you like/relate to for psychoanalysis.

Although I'm sure any type combination can exist and there are unusual combinations out there,I'd say 5 is almost exclusive to an INT type. So it's more likely you're relating to your line to 5 via E7 or E8. But you don't seem very controlling or dominating as E8.

7w6 I ruled out just because the 6 wing would add at least a little more hesitance to what you post but to me you just seem to go for it.

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well I don't know what kind of fears you have or what motivates you, but you seem a lot more scattered than a 5w6 and it seems like you post on here for your own amusement rather than to add onto your own knowledge. You also speak a lot more on the fly than most 5s, even counting in your EP-ness. For example refuting ESTP just because "you're a nerd" is a lot more of a quick and impulsive answer rather than a 5 who would more likely provide some sort of calculated counterargument and justification. Also the way you present/talk about ideas is a lot more bouncy and scattered as opposed to built-up and thought out. Like, starting a type me thread and hitting every single aspect of your life :alttongue: rather than focusing on certain parts that seem most relevant and building on that for discussion. And then immediately after that you post some random pictures and videos you like/relate to for psychoanalysis.

Although I'm sure any type combination can exist and there are unusual combinations out there,I'd say 5 is almost exclusive to an INT type. So it's more likely you're relating to your line to 5 via E7 or E8. But you don't seem very controlling or dominating as E8.

7w6 I ruled out just because the 6 wing would add at least a little more hesitance to what you post but to me you just seem to go for it.

The stuff is relevant= I did it to have people try to break down my cognitive functions from what I gave them, the pics/videos was for the enneagram (tri-type) I agree with the rest of it I don't see any reason to go in depth with a counter argument when everything someone would need has already been provided. 782 is to sunny for me, I'm a rude obnoxious asshole, I'm dismissive of the virtuous, and uncomprehending in the face of the happy. I help those that I see potential in them to be great people not necessary good people.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The stuff is relevant= I did it to have people try to break down my cognitive functions from what I gave them, the pics/videos was for the enneagram (tri-type) I agree with the rest of it I don't see any reason to go in depth with a counter argument when everything someone would need has already been provided. 782 is to sunny for me, I'm a rude obnoxious asshole, I'm dismissive of the virtuous, and uncomprehending in the face of the happy. I help those that I see potential in them to be great people not necessary good people.

I don't know how stuff like favorite authors/genres can really be relevant. :thinking: Or doing drugs and dating "queen b and breaking up with her." It sounds more like you just wanted to talk about yourself to me. But if you really thought it was relevant then my only conclusion from that would be you're not well-researched enough, which also would be hard to believe for a 5w6 making a thread like this.

Bold sounds like a stereotypical 7w8 to me. :shrug:

OptoGypsy

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know how stuff like favorite authors/genres can really be relevant. :thinking: Or doing drugs and dating "queen b and breaking up with her." It sounds more like you just wanted to talk about yourself to me. But if you really thought it was relevant then my only conclusion from that would be you're not well-researched enough, which also would be hard to believe for a 5w6 making a thread like this.

Bold sounds like a stereotypical 7w8 to me. :shrug:

Yeah 7w8 makes sense but I'm going to break down my thinking process with what you just provided
Christopher Hitchens, Nietzsche, Voltaire, Bill Watterson Can be deduced that I'm an xNxx since I love philosophy and literature that is more difficult to read in fact if you go even deeper you'll realize that they have an Ni style of writing and Voltaire simply adds into it with his Ne
Favorite Subjects: Critical Thinking, Business Tactics, Writing, Science, Philosophy: Ne? Ni?
favorite things to do: Make deductions (not talking about taxes) Read, Debate, and talk to people although I'm not properly situated for society my conversations consist of me arguing or cracking inappropriate/controversial jokes/remarks (esp in my classroom and with my parents who are hardcore Christians) or cheering someone up, research, work out, Solve Problems, playing video games, prank people, poker, play the stock market, call out BS: Ti, 5, Te, 8
Least Favorite things: Sports, having to deal with people who are seeking for sympathy or who love being ignorant = cant be a stereotypical Se
Love: Is the raise in your heart pulse and dilation in the eyes, business is paralytic but love destroys it as the most vicious motivator out there
(At this point of my life I consider it to be human error)
Marriage: Its not love its a S/O shaving while their mate is sitting next to them on the toilet clipping their toe nails: Ni/Ti
View on College: Love learning things, hate studying for particular details that are unnecessary to understanding the subject: N type
Life Story: Se/Ti
Personality Cons: Stubborn, egocentric, forgetful, I compare myself to the likes of Sherlock Holmes and Gregory House which has me feeling like a vegetable
Personality Pros: Inquirer, Smart, Funny, aloof, sensitive, assertive, sassy, cynical: Says that I have a 5,7,8

The Music video is: 8w9
Clown pic: 7w6
Sleeping pic: IXXP
Don Draper video: J, 5
Chuck Bass: 1w2, 2w3 or 4w5, Fi
Human error: IST-INT
The anime one: E8 or E3
The cartoon one: E7
The House one: Not an SJ
So if we look at all of it the choices are: I/ESTP, or I/ENTP 782, 784, 783 or 583, 584, 582