• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP or ENFP

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
It seems so. But I'd value more the facts than the circumstantial one. So ENTP it is?

Have you taken a look at what functions are being used as I objectively laid them out in brackets in my previous post? There should be no question for you..."So ENTP it is!"

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you taken a look at what functions are being used as I objectively laid them out in brackets in my previous post? There should be no question for you..."So ENTP it is!"

Are you sure to be an INFJ ? Your answer sounds pretty much INTJ:huh:

48.39 per cent T. against 51.61 F. :D Some day it could be the other way round...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
It would help if Fi wasn't so hard to 'get' for people. Ti seems simple enough. It looks for inconsistencies, seeks precision in speaking, etc. whereas Fi is always described in some almost ethereal way, like you have to have wings to understand it. Fe is misunderstood by a lot of people too. I'm not always looking for harmony, but I know how to speak in order to achieve it if I WANT to (Fe).

Below is a bit of explanation of Ti I can easily understand as I do this a LOT. I like to be understood, and I like to seek the objective truth, and almost NEED precision (One example, are you a secret or even open grammar nazi?). For instance, just recently, I felt incredibly uncomfortable (to the point of speaking out loud to MYSELF) when I heard a 'scientist' say they'd found the "oldest cave art." I loudly said, "THAT YOU KNOW OF. Just because another hasn't been FOUND yet OMG." See? annoying. *shrug* Precision.

Here's the excerpt. Maybe it'll help. There's plenty more on the net, of course:

Introverted Thinking* - (Ti)

Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.

Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.

It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.

These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.

This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work.

The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. [Personal note here. Inconsistency SHOUTS at me when I see/hear/sense it. It will NOT be ignored, and I can't let it pass without studying it, thinking about it, finding what's behind it.]

In so doing, we search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.

We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what's observed.

Again_Chloe

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
based on reading 5 sentences: ENTP. :bye:

I had my own doubts about entp/enfp, especially because i overthink, analyse, and am very good in logic stuff, but i figured my T is more my ennea 7 part. mental fix to use brain all the time.qq

but we are not much similar. i wear my heart on sleeves, am very easily hurt, and still care about friends i didn see since kindergarten (sick, i know)

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Are you sure to be an INFJ ? Your answer sounds pretty much INTJ:huh:

48.39 per cent T. against 51.61 F. :D Some day it could be the other way round...

My bypassed analysis, which clearly outlines the objective facts of what functions are being used in the situation he presented, led to that overtly assertive post. Trust me, it was much more feely, passive, and polite in it's first iteration, lol! :D I beefed it up for effect, but I did SAY it in a fun and pleasant tone, which you can't hear, even if WHAT I'm saying is direct. :dry:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah... We have to add sounds as soon as possible to this great forum to avoid any misunderstandings !:dry:

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah... We have to add sounds as soon as possible to this great forum to avoid any misunderstandings !:dry:

I'm all about voices and intonation of the voice, tonal inflection and so on, and usually I'm talking in a tone of a character other than myself, so the typing comes off harsh or cruel or just off altogether, lol. :D I need more than Emoticons.

Read that assertive post thinking of a white guy doing an impression of Ben Jabituya's east Indian accent, and that's me in a nutshell, all the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6TLYwelOPk

Sometimes I'm typing with the intonation of Strongbad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0TMQE1O6NY

I try to be more direct so I'm not misconstrued because ....them words are confounding my voices vibrations... <-That's Strongbad.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A foreigner can hardly understand 100 per cent of Strongbad's speeches ! More specifically the white character.

To get better voice vibration check this out :

"You'll make a beautiful H sound over the top" :smile:

Enjoy new sounds with "ZIS" video : No more slip of the THong(ue). :huh::freaked:

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
A foreigner can hardly understand 100 per cent of Strongbad's speeches ! More specifically the white character.

You can't possibly be serious. :shock: Homestar and Strongbad are hilarious! That sucks for you....aww well. I was doubled over on the floor in pain laughing after watching it for the first time. Just brilliant stuff.

darknessinzero

To help you, you can also compare yourself with some people on this forum, the way they express themselves and what they really focus on,
and thinking about watching some videos about the differences of each function.

:bye:

I did. I have met 2 kind of INTP's and researched about what they do in their childhood. Pretty sure, when I was a kid, I'm veryyyy extroverted. I just became an introvert when I was a college. So, before I thought that my type is INTP. This changed when I met with INTP's and they're a lot more different than me since I can become an extrovert or introvert if I wanted to, however, the INTP's I know can't. Plus I'm a lot more reckless compared to them :))

darknessinzero

based on reading 5 sentences: ENTP. :bye:

I had my own doubts about entp/enfp, especially because i overthink, analyse, and am very good in logic stuff, but i figured my T is more my ennea 7 part. mental fix to use brain all the time.qq

but we are not much similar. i wear my heart on sleeves, am very easily hurt, and still care about friends i didn see since kindergarten (sick, i know)

Oh, that really clarifies that I'm an ENTP. Since I don't wear my heart on my sleeves and I don't really care about my close friends before! However, I do care for some. :))

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did. I have met 2 kind of INTP's and researched about what they do in their childhood. Pretty sure, when I was a kid, I'm veryyyy extroverted. I just became an introvert when I was a college. So, before I thought that my type is INTP. This changed when I met with INTP's and they're a lot more different than me since I can become an extrovert or introvert if I wanted to, however, the INTP's I know can't. Plus I'm a lot more reckless compared to them :))

EJArendee has good videos, sometimes he is not as clear as Dr Juice, but they are fine.

If you pick up women quite easily, you are ENTP:D That's what he says !! :smile:

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, that really clarifies that I'm an ENTP. Since I don't wear my heart on my sleeves and I don't really care about my close friends before! However, I do care for some. :))

Bang head! :17425: Facepalm! :fpalm:

Dear Darknessinzero,

Here's my take on ENTP's!

ENTP4-3.jpg

My previous posts might help you understand how ENTP you are. :D

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I identify myself with that picture a lot. That describes my day to day interaction :))

Ok, since you are either unwilling or incapable of going back and engaging with my previous posts; to me, the most defining characteristic of any ENTP is that they tend to have big ideas about new projects but have trouble following them through to completion. For example, an ENTP will plan a large party for 7pm today and everyone is coming, but just found out at 4pm there's this marathon at 5pm that they now really want to run just as much, and somehow think they can do both.

ENTP = Extremely Bouncy thinkers.

Very very poor spatial reasoning skills, but very very good at coming up with new ideas. They shine in advertising and marketing strategy sessions.

"I love it when a good plan comes together!" Sums up the ENTP.

In dating, it's all about the chase and gamesmanship.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Very very poor spatial reasoning skills, but very very good at coming up with new ideas. They shine in advertising and marketing strategy sessions.

YOU be "poor" yourself cowboy ! :mad:

I have a very good example of the ENTP I am : When I was very very young (let's say a small girl in the serious world of University) I booked a trip to go and study to Amsterdam.

I did everything and used to fight to be the 1st on the teachers' list.

At the end... I chose to change my plans (3 months before leaving). I decided to stay in France and just moved house in my country because I found a funny and tolerant guy to be with in a nice city I did not know at this moment.....

Some months later (of course I was not in love with this guy) I let drop my studies, without even taking the diploma because... I had just found an exciting job !....etc ...etc.

And I have so many examples like that (when parents, friends, and teachers don't understand me:pacifier:):D:frolic:

I'm more "fairplay today" with what this -unfair, useless to say- cowboy calls "spatial (and time) reasoning skills"

Today I can say I feel grounded. I need to feel free and not to have too many serious commitments in my little life.

In 2 words, I'd say I need many plans as well as options for my well-being. I don't need to "escape" but I had to work on myself to feel grounded enough not to escape my 1st plans...

:spindance:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bang head! :17425: Facepalm! :fpalm:

Dear Darknessinzero,

Here's my take on ENTP's!

ENTP4-3.jpg

My previous posts might help you understand how ENTP you are. :D

ENTJ can charge a lot more... But they know what/who they are charging at.

As an ENTP I know what I am charging at, but I can change my mind on my way...

Find other battles much more interesting and intriguing.
[MENTION=22279]darknessinzero[/MENTION] are you curious about enneagramm ?

Those shield and arrows are very "8ish"

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
YOU be "poor" yourself cowboy ! :mad:

I have a very good example of the ENTP I am : When I was very very young (let's say a small girl in the serious world of University) I booked a trip to go and study to Amsterdam.

I did everything and used to fight to be the 1st on the teachers' list.

At the end... I chose to change my plans (3 months before leaving). I decided to stay in France and just moved house in my country because I found a funny and tolerant guy to be with in a nice city I did not know at this moment.....

Some months later (of course I was not in love with this guy) I let drop my studies, without even taking the diploma because... I had just found an exciting job !....etc ...etc.

And I have so many examples like that (when parents, friends, and teachers don't understand me:pacifier:):D:frolic:

I'm more "fairplay today" with what this -unfair, useless to say- cowboy calls "spatial (and time) reasoning skills"

Today I can say I feel grounded. I need to feel free and not to have too many serious commitments in my little life.

In 2 words, I'd say I need many plans as well as options for my well-being. I don't need to "escape" but I had to work on myself to feel grounded enough not to escape my 1st plans...

:spindance:

This post totally makes my point Darknessinzero. See how it bounces?

Spatial reasoning is the "tall glass vs. fat glass" comparison test. Being able to identify the space, size, and shape used and occupied by one thing over another. ESTJ's are the best at it, but it's a weakness for ENTP's. The problem with the party and marathon example is not about time management, but of wanting the new thing almost more than the old thing, which has to do with idea generation and the thrill of spontaneity implicit to all ENTP's, and has nothing to do with spatial reasoning skills or time at all, which in fact you just completely agreed with in that you need "many plans as well as options for my well-being.", to which I thank you, for agreeing with me.....and for writing a bouncy post, that also flows harmoniously with what I'm saying about ENTP's.

:hug:

darknessinzero

Ok, since you are either unwilling or incapable of going back and engaging with my previous posts; to me, the most defining characteristic of any ENTP is that they tend to have big ideas about new projects but have trouble following them through to completion. For example, an ENTP will plan a large party for 7pm today and everyone is coming, but just found out at 4pm there's this marathon at 5pm that they now really want to run just as much, and somehow think they can do both.

DUDE, you're pretty creepy, you just described the way how I do my responsibilities! When I knew better ideas come along the way in achieving a goal, I always find ways to get both. For example, when I go out to buy some food in the mall, suddenly, a wild idea appears! It seems going into the arcade is a good idea! And so I did. Then while playing, another wild idea appears! Sounds like watching this movie is a good idea! And so I did. And finally, this is where I bought food and a wild frickin idea appears again! What about if I check the game store and the bookstore? And the cycle continues.

And I did many things out from just buying a food.

darknessinzero

This post totally makes my point Darknessinzero. See how it bounces?

Spatial reasoning is the "tall glass vs. fat glass" comparison test. Being able to identify the space, size, and shape used and occupied by one thing over another. ESTJ's are the best at it, but it's a weakness for ENTP's. The problem with the party and marathon example is not about time management, but of wanting the new thing almost more than the old thing, which has to do with idea generation and the thrill of spontaneity implicit to all ENTP's, and has nothing to do with spatial reasoning skills or time at all, which in fact you just completely agreed with in that you need "many plans as well as options for my well-being.", to which I thank you, for agreeing with me.....and for writing a bouncy post, that also flows harmoniously with what I'm saying about ENTP's.

:hug:

Brilliant! HAHA