• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP/ISTJ/INTJ - confused ...

Grishnackh

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey there mates!

At the moment I'm a bit confused about what my type really is. Some tests came up with ISTJ, some with INTP and some with INTJ. I tried several tests but I need to have some kind of clarity about this, what might be a first piece of evidence. However...

I'm 20 years old, currently visiting a community college and I'm probably not what you would call sociable. I don't really like chit-chat, I don't like socializing and I never really cared about people. I've always been a rather serious person. I never liked parties, clubs, discos or whatever young people do. Some people, relatives, my parents, other young people told me that I'm wasting my youth, but I never really cared about all this "stuff". I spent my time at home, read books (most of them were philosophic, Nietzsche, Kant and Schopenhauer for example), listened to music, contemplated about life and about the fate of humanity. I never felt sympathy for people in my age. There were a few older people (age 30 plus) I could handle, but I always lost interest after a while.

I'm an absolute introvert, but I'm also a bit desperate about it. There are phases in my life when I feel a need to find some love. For instance, if I see happy couples that doesn't really make me feel to good about myself. Sometimes I thought about suicide (spare it please, I'm in therapy ;-)). I guess, deep in my soul there is a need for love. But I never wanted to have friends. Whenever I had "friends", they became a burden to me. Their disgusting attributes (don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect either) made me feel uncomfortable. There was a time when I've been a real slacker. I didn't do anything. I felt bad about it, but I wasn't able to change anything. Then, all of the sudden I started making chores-lists, making plans, having a daily schedule, and suddenly I felt really powerful. I finally did all the things I should have done before, even if it's been some banal thing like e.g. cancel some contracts I should have cancelled years ago. I figured out that I just need to have a plan. I suffer from OCD, I need to have things under control. And I had. But I never felt the need to organize. My psychiatrist told me that I need medication to get out of this "hole" to unleash my inner powers. She told me that I'm a powerful person but I obviously can't overcome my inner swine. I started the medication and my life took a 360 degree - turn. Which is awesome to be honest.

I want to develop my personality, learn more about my strenghts and weaknesses. This is why I do this. Even though I think that the MBTI is not the ultimate tool for everyone, I think it's still a very powerful resource to get to know myself better.

I'm sorry for this wall of text, but I thought that needed to be said. I will now sum up some facts about my personality by using a form I found here and I hope that you can help me find my personality-type. I'm still new to the MBTI so excuse my knowledge - flaws.

Credits go to whoever made this!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The fact that different tests gave me different results and knowing that I'm on medication. I don't know if my psychiatrist is right with her opinion that the medication just helps me unleash my real personality by overcoming my inner swine.
2) What do you learn for in life? Why?
I learn for myself and my success. Even though I'm not a huge friend of mankind, I feel good if I can help people. I won't be friends with them, but if I can help them I like to do it. I want to become a medic. I might be a misanthrope (am I?) but I'm slightly altruistic. Sometimes...
3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Success due to prior planning and exact schedule. It was the day when I recognized that I'm more powerful as I thought I am.
4) What makes you feel inferior?
For instance discussing with somebody who has all his facts at hand and I'm without any evidence for what I say.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I always consider effort and benefit, pro's and con's.
6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I want to be in charge of everything, especially when I'm working in a group. I often feel that the group-leader has insufficient knowledge on the topic or he's not willing to commit/dedicate to the project.
7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I have fun when I'm seeing myself progressing through something. For instance Chemistry-Studies.
8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Theoretical approaches, definitely. I'd like to understand things and discover why they work in a certain way.
9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Most of the time: well organized. I tend to be chaotic when I'm in a bad mood.
10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand the principle behind it, if I have difficulties figuring it out I'll do some research on the topic.
11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I prefer following my own line and I always commit to authenticity.
12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Most of the times I think about what I'm going to say, but sometimes my tongue is faster than my brain :). I prefer one-on-one communication.
13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm always trying to make sure I know what I'm going to be confronted with before jumping into action.
14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'll probably stick with my TV. I'm not really interested in activities like that.
15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I'm trying to relax, maybe listen to some music, watch some TV...
16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I can't stand people not willing to dedicate to projects / work / studies. Even though I've been a slacker myself, everybody can be productive. It would be a lot more comfortable to work in an environment where everybody does what he's supposed to do.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
No, not really. But I prefer scientific topics when I'm required to talk to others.
18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Making friends, connecting outside of the internet, whatever people at my age do.
19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They tend to say I'm always preoccupied, always worried and focused on the negative aspects of life. Maybe I am. But I wouldn't really call them friends to begin with. We know each other, we sometimes talk to each other, thats it. I've heard I would be unnapproachable and frigid.
20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Maybe spending some time with my family (the only people outside of the internet whose presence I really appreciate).

What am I? Am I an ISFP? Am I an INTP? Am I an INTJ? Or something completely different?

Maybe you can help me out :)

BunnyLoopsMewtwoRED

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Stop avoiding the obvious answer; you're an F type more in a sequenced bog.

It's a matter of the sewer, taking what's colorful, and making it fall into a space~rock!

Grishnackh

MBTI Type
INTJ
Nobody else, maybe something more useful than the last comment? :huh:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Firstly, you're Australian. Now that is out of the way...

You are definitely a Judging type, so ISFP and INTP are not possibilities. I am debating ISTJ or INTJ, as at this point I haven't seen anything in your description that suggests a clear S or N preference.