• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could type someone by their blog...

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP -- it's so "hip", dreamy and superficial.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It just seems like something an ISFP would appreciate -- xSFPs are usually attracted to aesthatically pleasing things and are often very stylish. It's a very pretty blog indeed, but it lacks the kind of (esoteric) depth that NFs are fond of, so that kind of rules them out. It's too sweet and cute to be ESFP; ISFPs tend to be dreamier and more *alternative*.

Also, I'm not saying that ISFPs are superficial people, so I really hope I didn't upset anyone of that type.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just a guess for fun, ISFP 9w1 sx/so.

velveteen said:
It's a very pretty blog indeed, but it lacks the kind of depth that NFs are fond of.

Alternatively stated, it lacks the kind of expression of depth that NFs are fond of. We like to crack it open, mull on it, put it into words, turn it over and over in theory. If this blog belongs to an NF, I'd be surprised if they didn't have another site where they more explicitly talk about their ideas and feelings.

The blog certainly manifests a kind of depth, though. Such beauty.

Witch

Well thank you, because that's actually my blog. I've been typed as xSTP and 7w8 but I told people I fitted more the 9 type... Also in another enneagram post, I've been typed as 9w1 too. Hmmm, really interesting.
I must say this blog is all planned. I choose every picture so the colors match, there's no spontaneity in its 'organizing'...

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I noticed. Keep up the good work!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well thank you, because that's actually my blog. I've been typed as xSTP and 7w8 but I told people I fitted more the 9 type... Also in another enneagram post, I've been typed as 9w1 too. Hmmm, really interesting.
I must say this blog is all planned. I choose every picture so the colors match, there's no spontaneity in its 'organizing'...

Something about the ethereality of it just strikes me as very sx 9... The way it merges and flows and creates this harmonic atmosphere that just draws you in. Really nice job on it.

I see way more Fi in the blog than Ti... A lot of feeling in there. I also really have a hard time seeing an STP 7w8 identifying with "flower tears soaked soul". ;)

How do you feel about all of this?

Witch

I also think it is really interesting how you guys say that it lacks the 'depth of expression' (I'm not offended by the way, as I said it is interesting!) because I tell myself the same when I go on some blogs with lots of quotes. I find words to be superficial, to hold little and not be strong enough to describe how beautiful the world is... Words can't describe how I feel, what is in my mind, just like you can't describe a color.

Witch

Well thanks again, and yeah I guess that's not really STPish! But I've always considered myself a thinker because I have no values, I don't mind lying, manipulating, etc.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone have values of some sort, even soulless INTPs. Fi is a subjective function, meaning that the Fi users are first and foremost driven by their own personal values, not societal values. So you see, lying and manipulating can be fine according to your values.

Witch

Interesting. So SFP would fit me better than STP... Yeah, I guess that could make some sense.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course it's still possible for you to be STP, we're just basing this off of your very SFP-y blog. Reading about the types and their functions can't do no harm, though.

Witch

Sure! I've read a lot on functions and type patterns... I don't know if I relate that much to Fi. Thanks again!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I also think it is really interesting how you guys say that it lacks the 'depth of expression' (I'm not offended by the way, as I said it is interesting!) because I tell myself the same when I go on some blogs with lots of quotes. I find words to be superficial, to hold little and not be strong enough to describe how beautiful the world is... Words can't describe how I feel, what is in my mind, just like you can't describe a color.

:yes: Makes sense. That's what frustrates me when people argue that any type is "deeper" or "smarter" than another type. I think we all just have different ways of looking at the world and interpreting what we see.

Well thanks again, and yeah I guess that's not really STPish! But I've always considered myself a thinker because I have no values, I don't mind lying, manipulating, etc.

If you don't relate with Fi, then I can definitely understand not typing as an FP. Perhaps you are just an especially aesthetic-mood-inclined STP.

Witch

Thanks for you answers!

- - - Updated - - -

So yeah, Se is definitely in my main function stack.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
There's also what they call Tritype. You have a Etype and wing for the brain heart and gut, so you could have gut as you're second center being a 9 or it could be your 1st