• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While you do mention rationality a few times, I wonder what the context is. Fe is rational with goals to creating social harmony, and you give off some very strong INFJ vibes. I like INFJ vibes. :wubbie:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
INFPs and ENFPs are generally pretty easy for me to talk to, IME. We like the same kinds of things and they give you a bit of "breathing space" usually.

There is a difference between somebody being talkative and being able to relate to them. My mum is an ESFJ, and the most socially adept individual I have seen in my life. She thrives off everything social and is aware of every little social custom. She can literally go up to a complete stranger and talk to them with ease for fifteen minutes, more pleasantly than she would talking to me. And spend hours talking on the phone and with friends. It's insane. Maybe it's not surprising that we can find hardly anything to talk about and don't really understand each other, much.

I don't know if this helps you, OP. Your thread title and post appear to be asking quite different things.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you paint and draw ? Is there an aesthetic goal ? Is it only for pleasure or is it because you need it emotionally ?

You are laid back, in which sense ? Which situations ?

I see you are not sure of you MBTI type but you wrote "5w6".

IF you are a 5, almost no chances to be an ENTP.

"Despite what people think I'm not easily offended ?" Why would people think you are ?

"Always honest" So here is one of your greatest values.
In which kind of situation can you imagine yourself not to be 100 per cent honest ?
Anyone can lie, or fool oneself... this can tell a lot about our real motivations;)

Maybe those questions can help you to, step by step, to find your type.

As an ENTP I wanna add for you 3 more things :

1."When you are writing you become 1 with the character"
This may be linked to the sx subtype.
"Its almost like the words and stories that pour out of me aren't mine"
Do you mean you know you have a great imagination ? Or more like... some strange souls speak for yourself ?
In this last case I'd avise you to rush to an exorcist:D It's urgent.

2.So you say you get along with anyone ?
As an ENTP I say very clearly : I don't.

3.And I'm not the easiest one to talk to at the 1st sight neither. Some could see me as arrogant if they don't know me.

Permabanned
So I'm having a hard time discerning my mbti type as I have been closeted for 20 years of my life. In the past I was extremely nervous and very reserved in social situations, so it was difficult to correctly gauge my mbti. I think going off my research of the functions I'm either an ENTP, INTP, or maybe an INFJ. But I'm just not sure. Here's a few things about me that might help to know:

-My friends describe me as extremely laid back (and this completely true) Yet I work hard for school, and always finish assignments
- I'd rather have a quiet night in with a good book, watching netflix with a good friend, writing stories, or chatting with a few close friends then go out and party.
- I'm get tired of coming out to people because the endless conversations about my feels are exhausting and draining for me, I'd much rather be talking about how art and science intersect, astrophysics, painting, philosophy, metacognition.
- I hate gossip and drama with a passion.
-I'm extremely creative, I paint, draw, and write fiction. Currently painting and writing seem to be my two passions.
- When writing I become one with the character, and its almost like the words and stories that pour out of me aren't mine.
- My friends have said that I'm one of the easiest people to talk to.
- I can get along with almost anyone with out a problem.
- I love to get complements about my intellect or my ability to take a rational approach to life.
- I can be quite stubborn at times
- I have an extremely good memory and can remember the smallest details about my friends. In fact I'm often able to piece together clues from their life that I've observed and figure out what's going on with them.
- Despite what people think, I'm not that easily offended
- I genuinely care about my close friends and always try to think about how my actions might influence them.
-I'm always honest. If I think a friend is making a mistake in his or her life I will tell him or her directly, but in the nicest way possible.
- I get extremely drained from talking about my feelings
- I love possibilities, theorizing, talking about science, math, physics, chemistry, art, philosophy, psychology, neuroscience, medicine, literature, music, ect. . . and how these things all link together. I talking or even just thinking about these things energizes me (but start talking about relationships and feelings and you've lost me. I try to stay focused and be kind, but I get sick and tired of it quickly)

That's all I can think of for now, so what do you think my type is? I think I'm some sort of rational, but I'm not sure.

This has got to be the worst type me thread I've ever seen. Not only it's all over the place, trying to cover all bases, while attempting to disguise the pet caveats that are actually preferred, in order to not give away the control. Just dismaying, waste of time. :coffee:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
So I'm having a hard time discerning my mbti type as I have been closeted for 20 years of my life. In the past I was extremely nervous and very reserved in social situations, so it was difficult to correctly gauge my mbti. I think going off my research of the functions I'm either an ENTP, INTP, or maybe an INFJ. But I'm just not sure. Here's a few things about me that might help to know:

-My friends describe me as extremely laid back (and this completely true) Yet I work hard for school, and always finish assignments
- I'd rather have a quiet night in with a good book, watching netflix with a good friend, writing stories, or chatting with a few close friends then go out and party.
- I'm get tired of coming out to people because the endless conversations about my feels are exhausting and draining for me, I'd much rather be talking about how art and science intersect, astrophysics, painting, philosophy, metacognition.
- I hate gossip and drama with a passion.
-I'm extremely creative, I paint, draw, and write fiction. Currently painting and writing seem to be my two passions.
- When writing I become one with the character, and its almost like the words and stories that pour out of me aren't mine.
- My friends have said that I'm one of the easiest people to talk to.
- I can get along with almost anyone with out a problem.
- I love to get complements about my intellect or my ability to take a rational approach to life.
- I can be quite stubborn at times
- I have an extremely good memory and can remember the smallest details about my friends. In fact I'm often able to piece together clues from their life that I've observed and figure out what's going on with them.
- Despite what people think, I'm not that easily offended
- I genuinely care about my close friends and always try to think about how my actions might influence them.
-I'm always honest. If I think a friend is making a mistake in his or her life I will tell him or her directly, but in the nicest way possible.
- I get extremely drained from talking about my feelings
- I love possibilities, theorizing, talking about science, math, physics, chemistry, art, philosophy, psychology, neuroscience, medicine, literature, music, ect. . . and how these things all link together. I talking or even just thinking about these things energizes me (but start talking about relationships and feelings and you've lost me. I try to stay focused and be kind, but I get sick and tired of it quickly)

That's all I can think of for now, so what do you think my type is? I think I'm some sort of rational, but I'm not sure.

Have you taken an assessment?