• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Shape my self-concept for fun

Which MB type do I seem most like?

• ISFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• ESFP

• ESTP

• ENFP

• ENTP

• ESTJ

• ENTJ

• Total voters

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I configured my first poll poorly, I think, so here's another go. If you vote I promise to Like at least one of your posts. :)

If you voted previously and feel like clicking the same radio button again that'd be cool. If not, I still love you more than you will ever know.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Feelers vote T, thinkers vote F; should this imply perception is my primary axis?

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well all, the charade is over.

INTJ is back.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, discounting the votes cast by figments of my imagination, INTJ's victory was decisive.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
A recent PM I was given permission to share, though I've omitted the author's username pending response.

[omitted]

See, now I’m positive you’re Fi-dom e6. E6 isn’t that difficult to determine, phobic 6s are very philosophical as it helps bring structure to their lives. Paranoia plays a big role in e6, too. In your type me threads, I inferred responsibility playing a role in your daily life (you’re so vague, you don’t say it directly) which is interesting since e6s are known for being responsible:

if the focus is strategy I revert to INTJ and can be a little domineering depending on my company.

This also indicates low Te. I’m 100% sure about this e-typing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to MBTI.

I was positive I was speaking to a Ji-dom (perceiver) the first time I spoke to you on vent. You had this tendency to sort of let things be, not force anything. Like, Hive, a definite perceiver, you showed the following traits:

• have no desire to lead or control others
• have no desire to be led or controlled by others
• need space and time alone and respect other people's needs for the same
• quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well

I ruled out INTP (and all IxTx) after I noticed that there was a strong feeling aspect to you. Fi-doms give off a vibe that there’s a large well of feelings hidden under the surface (once you get to know them). Also, you weren’t critical or nit-picky, you were more interested in people. Then there’s this:

I would much more happily expend minimal energy lost in my thoughts than absorb material I may never need again or debate for the sake of debate

xNTPs love to debate, it’s like xNFPs determining people’s personalities (ahem), it’s tossing around ideas, it’s a natural inclination due to Ne.

Furthermore, you don’t have a need to organise people or ideas. Like with a lot of perceivers, things just sort of float, there's no desire to impose on someone even if you disagreed with them (wherein you're more likely to state why and how they're wrong rather than just that they're wrong). You were happy to have someone discuss your type, had you been fe-dom or fe-aux, you’d have asked for it and kept it within what is socially appropriate (i.e: not too long, not to focused on yourself) but you continued to ask. Fe types tend to appear fake in this arena, since it’s kept within a social framework.

Furthermore, when speaking on the forum, you use an informing style of language not a directive style.

You're an ISFP e6.

In your cognitive tests, you consistently score high in Ni, Te and Fi but not Se and I think it’s because you might not understand Se.

I am fairly emotionally perceptive; I read body language and facial expressions fairly accurately and use that information to draw conclusions about the individual's recent past and future.

ISFPs are excellent at reading facial expressions, INFPs not so much as they aren't keenly in tune with their senses (Se).

I rarely bring myself to do something if I don't see a practical reason to; my thought process begins with application.

Again this is Se. ISFPs are practical people, INFPs aren’t. INFPs forgo practicality in favour of idealism.

I would much more happily expend minimal energy lost in my thoughts than absorb material I may never need again.

INFPs love information due to the intangible nature of Ne, like all NPs, we collect it unintentionally.

Many themes attributed to INFPs recur in my life, though, such as giftedness in interpreting and creating symbols and an emphasis on value over hard logic

Obviously Fi-dom. However I can understand why you'd think you're INFP because your e6 typing confuses you into thinking your interest in philosophy is the intuitive aspect of INFP but it's not.