• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or INFP? .. High Intuition & Autistic Family

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
So,

I probably know my own answer. But I like to hear input. I'm a variable person..

Having an Aspergers/Manic father and an Aspergers/sister..
My father/mother would said things, that I just KNEW were not nice, and were wrong because they hurt people.
On the other side of it... my parents DID NICE THINGS for people in need.
My sister learned by what they said, because Aspergers/Autistic learn from direction, not necessarily by looking at someone's complicated interactions and weaving moral fiber.

My intuition is HIGH because I have always done that, or at least I think that is why. Introspective. In my own world.
I never understood how much people lie, because I just saw no reasoning for lying. I had to learn to lie, way later in life. Weird.
This could be attributed to my father/sisters inability to lie. Lying doesnt make sense to a person with Aspergers.
That is something I definitely picked up.

I follow my own moral code, because I believe that it is right for me, and will do the best in the world with others. I wouldn't impose my morals on others because everyone is entitled to their own philosophy.

I've written a book about the philosophy of Love, loving yourself, and never truly needing an affirmation from outside yourself. because you are love.
Theory, concept book. I'm writing one about happiness now.

I don't do well with "loving someone NOW" I really believe in "forever"... although there are varying degrees to love and connection.. Even if I wasnt terribly in love with someone I still do love them, even if we arent together.

But I guess I have the propensity of always finding something to love within someone.... heres a start..

Destiny

A wannabe dog
Sounds like INFP to me.

I relate to everything you wrote here, especially that part where you wrote, "I follow my own moral code, I wouldn't impose my morals on others because everyone is entitled to their own philosophy", this part here is very Fi.
INFJ with auxiliary Fe would have this tendency to impose their morals onto others.
And intuition could be an INFP thing too, INFP has Ne in our auxiliary position, and having Ne in our auxiliary can make us very intuitive people too. Both Ni and Ne are equally intuitive.Both Ni and Ne are about seeing patterns and connecting the dots. As an INFP myself, I am extremely intuitive and extremely good at reading people, I am just more reserved about this side of me.
INFJs have this tendency to use their Fe to verbalise their Ni insights, whereas I often use my Fi to keep my Ne insights to myself.

And also, INFJs have this tendency to go around nurture everyone. For example, one of my classmates is an INFJ, and she went around the entire class getting to know everybody, and always offering help whenever she sees any of us struggling in class.
I am INFP and I am more reserved and very quiet and rarely talk to my classmates, so going around the entire class trying to get to know everybody isn't my thing. There is a huge difference between INFJ and INFP.
INFPs are one of the most introverted introverts, whereas INFJs are one of the most outgoing introverts out there and they often appear like extroverts.

INFJs are also very verbal about their feelings. For example, there was once when my INFJ classmate got offended by this teacher, and she ranted about him to the entire class and then she made a post in facebook apologising to everyone for the ranting lol.

I am INFP and I can hardly see myself reacting that way, I am very private when it comes to my emotions lol. That same teacher has offended me many times too but never once did I rant about him.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
I definitely have strong NI... But I tend to verbalize my Intuition about people and events. Also I think in very linear terms and see the propensity a decision may take you down a certain road. I often feel like i see so far ahead, that I almost never take true risks. I make decisions about things readily and I am very comitted. I don't often change my mind because I have already considered most of the possibilites.

I was very open to different lifestyle and thinking and actions but overtime and being burned by my accepting nature, I've decided to be very select about the people I am around and the positions I put myself in.

I have never quite told anyone this, but I always felt so boring and not fun personality wise, that I remember as a sophomore in highschool, there was a girl in my class, and I watched how she interacted with the world, and decided I wanted to be more like her.

I adopted a lot of her bubbliness, because it was something I never naturally had.

I am very goofy, but its to soften my directness and intensity, I know that about myself.

I also considered INTJ.. because of my directness sometimes, bluntness and also, I am very kind, but I think of concepts Impersonally.

I may have just done so much work on my personal development that Im not super distinguishable.

Growing up I was forced to cater to others personalities and literally not have my own because my family members were domineering.
This meant I had to keep my feelings to myself because I would lose my safety in sharing them.

I believe wholeheartedly in the individual and to each their own, partly because of how controlled I was for so many years.

I keep my heart feelings, specifically when I'm falling in love, to myself. But this could be contributed to saying sweetly and authentically to my first love "I love you" and he said "give me a week"... well he waited 2, and didn't.... so when he decided to advance physically with me... I broke up with him, while he was naked. Real life "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" moment.
I have only fallen in love twice, in the span of 11 years. But my love of people doesn't ever seem to stop in general.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
I usually just "know" everything.. kinda takes the zest from life.

I try not to lean on it too much or everything will be so expected. I definitely can talk about feelings that I have reconciled, even if they hurt, I know I can gain something from becoming comfortable with them.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool avatar lol.

Not sure if you know this or not but 9w7 isn't a type.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Thank you, I do. But Honestly that is how I feel on the spectrum. I'm an Enthusiastic, Introvert, who is Individualistic, and very loyal. Which makes me feel at a loss within the personality typing categories.

I'm an introvert until a person with good energy engages me, then I'm super excited... otherwise, not interested. like a sponge for the water, I take everything In, which can be good and bad.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
*Sidenote... That is actually a picture of me at 2 years old. My pink unicorn shirt covered in lizards and dirt, from playing in the crop fields.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Fuzzy Conduit... We would be friends. For sure! Pleasure-maker is my other middle name lol

I actually have an ISTP friend now, although she is very introverted and at 40 she is still barely scraping at intuition... not in a pretentious way.. But I sympathize with her because she can be fooled a lot and walks right into awkward situations. Still. at 40. Woo... but she is super concerned with the environment, and methods on how to help it, which is great, although the way she disposes trash makes me a slight bit crazy..
She wanted me to put trash in the freezer... goodness... but I couldnt do it. I took my food handlers test. Thats not sanitary.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*Sidenote... That is actually a picture of me at 2 years old. My pink unicorn shirt covered in lizards and dirt, from playing in the crop fields.

Bonus points if you still have the shirt.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Damn, No bonus points for me....

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (5%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (50%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (50%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
So I had several results, on other tests, INFJ INFP, INTP and ISFP... "S" is absolutely out of the question. I read over INTP and I find that MORE LIKELY than INFP....

SO INTP, has a couple portions I'm nowhere near.. I WILL go out of my way to be more understandable, I always use the most simple language I possibly can so that I may be understood. Also I am very In-Tune with how others are feeling sometimes overwhelmingly so. But I may not know what things to say to comfort someone.. but that could be because I was literally NEVER comforted as a child, young adult etc. and I pushed a lot of the painful feelings inside so that I could carry on. With kids I know what to say quite a bit better... I guess its because with adults, I think do you really need me to give you advice? You have this within you. Because even when I share my feelings or ask someones opinion, I already know where I'm going.. and its I guess just to hear if they possibly come up with a different answer.. I would honestly probably never veer from my own answer... thankfully.. well, I am surrounded my "T" people which can be very logical, which is great.. but they arent outwardly judgmental of my Feeling decisions and I think they know, I would not like those to be judged.. plus there is usually a lot of logic behind my feelings.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
It may be easier to type you according to your youngling days; By the looks of it you have balanced yourself in the different cognitive areas and it could just be that at a young age your dominant function was more prominent.

In your case, I wouldn't go about trying to type the present but the past. I reckon you could do that on your own, you seem fully capable.

Oh, and it might help to clearly state phases in your early life <18 years. Something might rise and stand out. ;)

ps. if you make use of meditation in any way: Go down to the level/layer/space before you interpret things and look/feel/experience what kind of geometrical shape is taking place as interpretation is executed.

oneandonly

MBTI Type
INFJ
So, I have done tons of reading exploring each function comparison and just any relevant information.

I Employ these functions equally

Introverted Intuition and Extroverted Intuition

Introverted Feeling and Extroverted Feeling

However I have a strong preference of:

Introverted Thinking

Extroverted Sensing

So maybe this Intuition/feeling combination would explain my lack of environmental organization... and the IDEALS I have with a more peaceful aspect, that is people and harmony focused is the result..... and you would probably know by my strong demeanor and confidence.. INFJ almost the only option. But I do present as flexible because of rearing. So Im basically back at my original position. But I did want to take a closer examination.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So,

I probably know my own answer. But I like to hear input. I'm a variable person..

Having an Aspergers/Manic father and an Aspergers/sister..
My father/mother would said things, that I just KNEW were not nice, and were wrong because they hurt people.
On the other side of it... my parents DID NICE THINGS for people in need.
My sister learned by what they said, because Aspergers/Autistic learn from direction, not necessarily by looking at someone's complicated interactions and weaving moral fiber.

My intuition is HIGH because I have always done that, or at least I think that is why. Introspective. In my own world.
I never understood how much people lie, because I just saw no reasoning for lying. I had to learn to lie, way later in life. Weird.
This could be attributed to my father/sisters inability to lie. Lying doesnt make sense to a person with Aspergers.
That is something I definitely picked up.

I follow my own moral code, because I believe that it is right for me, and will do the best in the world with others. I wouldn't impose my morals on others because everyone is entitled to their own philosophy.

I've written a book about the philosophy of Love, loving yourself, and never truly needing an affirmation from outside yourself. because you are love.
Theory, concept book. I'm writing one about happiness now.

I don't do well with "loving someone NOW" I really believe in "forever"... although there are varying degrees to love and connection.. Even if I wasnt terribly in love with someone I still do love them, even if we arent together.

But I guess I have the propensity of always finding something to love within someone.... heres a start..

You vibe overall as INFJ to me, there definitely seems to be a time process involved here somehow. An evolving of sorts, a flowering. Anyway, you seem absolutely lovely. :wubbie:

Edit: I'm imagining if you look through your avatar you see mine.:smile: