• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mona is unsure

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My gut says ENFP but my gut has been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

Could the fact you might be a 4 explain why you may seem more introverted than the average ENFP?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well i think that the real difference is between feeling before acting and thinking before acting. For example: [...]

Yeah, I was gonna say, but you caught it, lol. I agree. Maybe a different example would be like:

INFP: I feel tired and like it would be pleasing to go sleep upstairs at my parents', but I really want to sleep with my boyfriend. So I am going to drive home instead.

Not really much Thinking involved there... Mostly just feeling vs. a stronger feeling.

Versus,

INFP: I could stay at my parents' tonight because I'm tired and it would be easier, or go drive home to sleep with my boyfriend because it's pleasing to curl up with him. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning which is closer to my parents' house, and I can sleep at home with my boyfriend tomorrow night. Though, I also have something he needs for work tomorrow, so I guess I have to head back home either tonight or early tomorrow. Kill two birds with one stone if I go tonight.

Te and Fi cooperating.

Incidentally, these are exactly my situations and thoughts right now, lol.
[MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION]... Sorry for the slight OT tangent. I definitely see 4w3 for you. I'm inclined to say ENFP, but I don't have much good reason for why yet. Something about the projected energy level I perceive maybe. Obviously I may just be perceiving it wrong.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I'll take back my vote and go with the majority here. I have a very hard time separating Fi from 4 and vice versa, in part because 1) the only 4s I've known IRL have been INFPs, and 2) because I disintegrate to both Fi and 4 under stress. So in both situations, I've only experienced the two simultaneously.

Interesting how some Enneatypes can make for more subdued extroverts. 4, 5, and 9, especially. Sometimes 1 and 6.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19700]Fuzzy Conduit[/MENTION] , I think if my enneagram is correctly typed as 4, it could be the reason why I am more introverted, than the other extroverts. 4s are known to be more reserved and in their own head. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] It was interesting to read your opinions. I think that to some point I have the gift of communication skills, basically I think communication and language are my strongest side, however I don't know if I use Ne style of talking. I decided to study journalism, because I like to get to the point of issues and then I am good at bringing clear and to the point report of what is going on. I am not like Ne users rambling around about different stuff, jumping from topic to topic.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=19700]Fuzzy Conduit[/MENTION] , I think if my enneagram is correctly typed as 4, it could be the reason why I am more introverted, than the other extroverts. 4s are known to be more reserved and in their own head. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] It was interesting to read your opinions. I think that to some point I have the gift of communication skills, basically I think communication and language are my strongest side, however I don't know if I use Ne style of talking. I decided to study journalism, because I like to get to the point of issues and then I am good at bringing clear and to the point report of what is going on. I am not like Ne users rambling around about different stuff, jumping from topic to topic.

That sounds like Te to me, actually, supported by Fi. I struggled myself with E/INFP for a long time so I understand the difficulty.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ever consider ISFP? They strike me as being maybe a bit more focused than their INFP cousins. INFJ could also be a possibility.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That sounds like Te to me, actually, supported by Fi. I struggled myself with E/INFP for a long time so I understand the difficulty.

I am convinced I overuse some T function, but when it comes to aspirational functions I relate more to Si than Te, and I can relate to how INFPs use Si. I think Te is more about organizing the environment based on logical data, while I don't struggle to organize the environment, or people around me, I basically like collecting the informations and sharing them, mostly via written form.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever consider ISFP? They strike me as being maybe a bit more focused than their INFP cousins. INFJ could also be a possibility.

:thinking: If there is one thing I am sure of, it's that I am an intuitive type. I can hardly relate to Se

unsomething

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I think ENFP as well. You are very good at expressing your intuition and it makes a lot of sense to me.

(Also, an INFP might be more genuinely inclined to tell rather than ask what they are.)