• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

learn my type?

Sil

This is a test.
hi all, i'd like to learn what type i am. but i'm not sure where to start. a lot of people say the tests are bad (google search) and that it's better to work with others to get a real answer.

is there somewhere i should start? maybe something you want to know?

i don't really know where to begin. thanks in advance for all your help!

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Try the big 106 question Jung test on Similar minds for a start. Base your answers on how you would most likely react / feel / think on daily life, or/and on how you have been up until now, not on how you'd like to see yourself do.

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP
hi all, i'd like to learn what type i am. but i'm not sure where to start. a lot of people say the tests are bad (google search) and that it's better to work with others to get a real answer.

is there somewhere i should start? maybe something you want to know?

i don't really know where to begin. thanks in advance for all your help!

I'd also recommend the test at 16personalities.com. Cognitive functions tests online are always terrible -- just stick to four-dichotomy MBTI tests and "Big Five" tests.

Tests are not the end game in typology, but the first few you take (before you learn anything about typology), tend to be quite reliable.

Sil

This is a test.
okay, i took the 106 question test on similarminds. i kind of wish I could not answer some. some are just so wtf and not relevant to me.

i got ESTP and uh, an eight for an enneagram test? not sure what that is.

pictures of my results below:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sil

This is a test.
I'd also recommend the test at 16personalities.com. Cognitive functions tests online are always terrible -- just stick to four-dichotomy MBTI tests and "Big Five" tests.

Tests are not the end game in typology, but the first few you take (before you learn anything about typology), tend to be quite reliable.

ahhhhh, i got a different result on your test. why?

this test says ENTJ. picture below:

View attachment 12395

View attachment 12396

kind of lost now. :/

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP

View attachment 12395

View attachment 12396

Haha, but you got ExTx on both. That's a start. :) Now you can either take a few more tests and try to see a pattern that way, or read a few descriptions of the four ET types and see which you relate to most. :)

Try taking a couple of Big Five tests too. They measure pure behavioural traits rather than thinking styles, etc., and usually they correlate with MBTI. In fact I'd suggest you do this next.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram

Te and Se are of similar qualities, you are not so far off on your dominant function with the results. The aesthetic of MBTI's presentation can be misleading, I would look into the functions themselves as a foundation for understanding - Se, Si, Ne, Ni, Te, Te, Fe, Fi.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay, i took the 106 question test on similarminds. i kind of wish I could not answer some. some are just so wtf and not relevant to me.

i got ESTP and uh, an eight for an enneagram test? not sure what that is.

The WTF questions should be answered as negatively as possible.

The enneagram 8 is the most aggressive type on the enneagram.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey -- did you end up deciding on your type? If so, what convinced you?

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

Sil

This is a test.
Hey -- did you end up deciding on your type? If so, what convinced you?

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

I did, thank you for asking. I forgot about this thread.

I'm an ESTJ. It's pretty clear I utilize Si/Ne over Se/Ni.

I've considered I might be an ENFP, though. I use a lot of Si/Ne.

Are you the reigning ESTJ of the TC forums?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:laugh: Yeah. One of two actively posting ESTJs on the forum -- and the only female.

What makes you think ESTJ more than ENFP? I ask for obvious reasons (yay another ESTJ!), but also because you don't vibe very ESTJ to me and I'm interested in being rebutted.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Just a reminder:

not-n_zpscb5zdh5r.jpg

Sil

This is a test.
:laugh: Yeah. One of two actively posting ESTJs on the forum -- and the only female.

What makes you think ESTJ more than ENFP? I ask for obvious reasons (yay another ESTJ!), but also because you don't vibe very ESTJ to me and I'm interested in being rebutted.

Oh, that's interesting. I don't vibe very ESTJ? Is that perspective pulled from this thread? Or from various other threads I've posted on as well? Granted, I haven't posted much.

My primary reason for ESTJ is Fi-inferior. It makes a lot of sense when applied in perspective to my own life.

In terms of general ESTJ characteristics, it's true there are a lot of things that don't match. But I think characteristics such as messy/neat aren't accurate indicators of type.

That's pretty much it. Convinced yet? :D

I know I use Ne/Si/Te over Ni/Se/Ti, so ENTJ is out of the question (although every MBTI user outside of the internet either puts me at ENTJ). Which really only leaves ESTJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder:

not-n_zpscb5zdh5r.jpg

You've misread what I wrote.

Admittedly, I didn't write much.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, that's interesting. I don't vibe very ESTJ? Is that perspective pulled from this thread? Or from various other threads I've posted on as well? Granted, I haven't posted much.

My primary reason for ESTJ is Fi-inferior. It makes a lot of sense when applied in perspective to my own life.

In terms of general ESTJ characteristics, it's true there are a lot of things that don't match. But I think characteristics such as messy/neat aren't accurate indicators of type.

That's pretty much it. Convinced yet? :D

I know I use Ne/Si/Te over Ni/Se/Ti, so ENTJ is out of the question (although every MBTI user outside of the internet either puts me at ENTJ). Which really only leaves ESTJ.

- - - Updated - - -

You've misread what I wrote.

Admittedly, I didn't write much.

I misread the word "no." Well that sucks. I need to attend the center for children who can't read good.

Sil

This is a test.
I misread the word "no." Well that sucks. I need to attend the center for children who can't read good.

Set up a GoFundMe page to support your new educational endeavor. Make millions, ditch school, and blow it on hookers. Or pizza. Preferably Hawaiian pizza. In Hawaii?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Set up a GoFundMe page to support your new educational endeavor. Make millions, ditch school, and blow it on hookers. Or pizza. Preferably Hawaiian pizza. In Hawaii?

I would, but the only people who makes millions at gofundme are the site owners.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are doing it wrong if going cheap is dominoes.

Everyone knows It's little ceasers.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We don't speak of such things in dignified conversation.

Must have never been a poor starving college student then.

Ramen Cassarol, Rice, and little ceasers, Arizona, and 711 food.

good memories