• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whip Riva with an enneagram type!

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Then perhaps we could venture saying you're not a Sp-first.

If I had to take a wild stab at typing, I would say you strike me as a Sx-last, probably leaning towards a So/Sp.

Hey thank you for your feedback regarding my type :))).

I do get constantly typed as an SO dom on vent also, and SX as my second.

Yeah, that's another theory, but it's been semi-established by others. The secondary instinct is used to facilitate a sense of security for the primary instinct.

No, what I was trying to say was that I can vaguely recall you theorizing that the primary function is there to facilitate the secondary function, not the other way around. I guess if that is so, it makes more sense that I am a so/sp.

Yes, but just be aware that this stuff is not that literal. It's not like Sx-firsts are conscious of a need to feel bonded when they feel jealous. They just (perhaps unconsciously) experience a sense of instability in the relationship. They may simply feel that when they're away from that person that their relationship is threatened.

Like I said I feel jealously too quite a bit, but this is mostly power related than a relationship fragility scare. I think the two go hand in hand to a certain extent but if I think it's safer to say that I fear my place in their life more so than a relationship scare. This is especially evident when - gulp! - I losing anxiousness regarding relationship scare if or when I realize there isn't much to gain from being closer to them. Sounds terrible doesn't it? However in my defence, I try to maintain relationship with all those who have 'touched' me closely or if I/we have shared something with each other that has moved me in some way.

If I had Fi, would all that been easier I wonder.

Edit -

So probably the SX I feel that I have in me is because of -

However i am not sure whether it's something i developed after i hit a certain age because i can remember thinking to myself a long long time ago that i often leave a conversation un dug/that i could have had more from the conversation. I think my desire to dig in may have started since then.

Conclusion?

Sooooo could it be finalized that I am a so/sp? If so i atleast have my instinctual variant figured out.

Now for the enneagram..

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Conclusion?

Sooooo could it be finalized that I am a so/sp? If so i atleast have my instinctual variant figured out.

Now for the enneagram..
I would only say that tentatively for now. Wait until you figure out your enneatype. Instinctual stackings make more sense when they're combined with a type.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@riva,

I could get on board with So/Sp for you.

I liked what uumlau wrote here IRT enneatyping:

uumlau said:
Think in terms of what your worst habits are, your worst coping mechanisms. When you encounter problems in everyday life, what is your stupidest pattern of reaction? It's the pattern that works almost all of the time, but you keep on using it even when it doesn't work. In particular, it's the pattern you use when you don't otherwise know how to handle what you are facing. That's your Enneagram type.

What is your biggest weakness... How do you handle stress, and does it ever get you into trouble?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I am going to read this thread now, to learn all there is to learn about the boy named riva. Soon I shall know his soul.

We have no souls Nico.

I feel as though I am stripping myself naked in this thread.

I think of my life more in terms of accomplishment than either adventure or excitement. I wake up in the morning thinking of all the things I want to get done in the day, and how I plan to go about them. Certain things I look forward to as a challenge, or a learning experience, or an opportunity to engage with people I enjoy and respect. Other things are mere drudgery to get out of the way in minimal time.

Excitement is often a welcome by-product of an especially productive or instructive day. I might solve a particularly troublesome problem, or get everything in the lab to work just right, or do an activity with school kids and have alot of eager learners with great questions in the group. Adventure comes when something unexpected and significant happens. Whether good or bad, if I learn something in the end and have a generally decent outcome, I consider the experience worthwhile.

(Sorry no help on identifying your enneatype, but you called me out on this question, so here's my answer.)

Oh hey, thanks for the reply. My question was a Peter Pan phrase ;)

@riva,

I could get on board with So/Sp for you.

Well that sounds acceptable though it still sounds a bit strange. Maybe I should pin it on me before I begin to frustrate myself and the rest :))).

I liked what uumlau wrote here IRT enneatyping:

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau
Think in terms of what your worst habits are, your worst coping mechanisms. When you encounter problems in everyday life, what is your stupidest pattern of reaction? It's the pattern that works almost all of the time, but you keep on using it even when it doesn't work. In particular, it's the pattern you use when you don't otherwise know how to handle what you are facing. That's your Enneagram type.

What is your biggest weakness... How do you handle stress, and does it ever get you into trouble?

Hmm.. this is hard. This should be easy because this should be something I do regularly.

Okay what do I do? Rather than analysing it I'd just point out what I remember:

Sleeping (I sleep it off)
Mas...ba.... (you know, it relieves stress a fucking lot)
Listen to music (Wow I seem to be ignoring things a lot)
All of the above are activities I do when I realize I am defeated - I don't often feel defeated though - or maybe when I think I need to take my mind off things.

As to what I do when I am facing something I don't know how to handle:

If I am currently facing with the situation and knows not how to deal with them - as opposed to the above which is to take my mind off things - I mostly, NOT TALK ABOUT IT. I don't believe in sharing my fears with people would get rid of things. I ignore them and deal with them later. The reason I don't like sharing is because mostly people would add to my fear which might turn it into paranoia. I am rarely if not ever paranoid. I let the dust settle and then deal with them.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you? Do you try to distract yourself with other activities? Do you have a lot of highs and lows? Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]

How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you? Do you try to distract yourself with other activities? Do you have a lot of highs and lows? Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?

I somehow dragged you into this thread didn't I?

How avoidant would you say you are when things are going wrong for you?

I am not avoidant of my issues. I do feel overwhelmed from time to time at work and studies - I have to emphasise on studies here - but I bounce back fast. When overwhelmed I might:

Sleeping (I sleep it off)
Mas...ba.... (you know, it relieves stress a fucking lot)
Listen to music (Wow I seem to be ignoring things a lot)

However these are stress relievers, not escape methods. When I recover from stress - I am almost always positive - it's not only because I relieved stress for 'one or two days,' it's because I find hope somewhere, cling on to it and find methods to overcome these issues - I usually 'successfully' make habits that would eventually reap me benefits.

In short: I escape for one or two days, think of methods to overcome issues, feel hopeful, overcome my obstacles - eventually - by working on them. Sometimes (actually a lot of times) I also get lucky albeit I don't wish to be that lucky guy.

Do you try to distract yourself with other activities?

No freaking way. I need to overcome my issues lest I feel that I can't enjoy other parts of my life. However I rarely feel stressed, is almost always positive, rarely complains, BUT needs to solve my issues before enjoying other areas of life.

Do you have a lot of highs and lows?

I am content and happy. Most have high 'content' moments, very very few lows and the highs are balanced. I don't jump off cliffs or quite my job whenever I feel I won a lottery or if I win a lottery.

Do you tend to over-indulge in things you enjoy?

The ONLY area that I have constantly suffered at is my academics. I let my self down on it over and over again. I might have ADD - which is unheard of where I come from - which is why I can't sit and concentrate for too long. However I force myself to allocate time to study (from 7.30 to 9.30 etc). However I have a hard time sticking to it and this is probably the only area in life that I ignore and indulge in activities I like.

I am absolutely positive that I would overcome this issue one day though.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I somehow dragged you into this thread didn't I?
All I need is an in. ;)

6 and 7 are sounding less likely to me. What do you think about 9w8?

Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions said:
9w8 is about calmness(nine) from a position of strength(eight). They choose to be calm as opposed to feeling they have to maintain being calm to avoid conflict or estrangement like a 9w1. They don't invite conflict but don't shy away from it either as they nip conflict in the bud as quickly as possible. They are the most "chill" of the instinctive triaders. They have the best balance in their personal boundaries as they are halfway in between being a doormat and dominating others. This is why they are generally the most likeable of all subtypes.

9w8 is called the "comfort-seeker" and wants to make life easier for themselves. They are firmly grounded in their bodies with an emphasis on being physically comfortable. Hardly anything bothers them. They aren't nearly as hard on themselves as 9w1s. They are easygoing but can be direct with others if forced out of their comfort zone as they are much more assertive than their 9w1 siblings. While they have a bias towards letting things work out on their own they have no problem stepping in and settling things.

9w8s have an ego in being grounded in reality. They pride themselves in being simple regular people. They take pleasure in noticing when there isn't any point to discussing something, often to the extent of exhibiting a "who cares" apathy. Asserting their self-importance certainly falls in that category. While they are realistic about themselves they have a tendency to be underestimated by others. Like eights they play down and trivialize what's not worth dwelling on as "no big deal". Not getting what they want is also declared "no big deal" and therefore not that important. They tend to be attracted to the outdoors and other physical activities. They mainly fear permanently losing loved ones.

9w8s are more genial and practical. They are significantly less withdrawn than 9w1s. Although they are less intuitive than 9w1s, they have a natural sense of rhythm for the ebb and flow of things around them. They have an ability to make anyone like them even when they are being irreverent and mischevious. They have an "it's all good" attitude as nothing appears to bother them. In response to a prank they might go "nice one" whereas a 9w1 would initially seem dazed and taken aback before saying it's alright. 9w8s have an overt(eight) haze(nine) in comparison to the more repressed(one) haze(nine) of 9w1s. Like all 9s they have trouble expressing anger directly and become less focused when they do. Their 8 wing though makes them more able to blow off steam by expressing anger physically at least, like throwing stuff in fustration.

Source

Actually my Dad is a 9w8 So/Sp. It would be funny if you turned out to be one :D

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
All I need is an in. ;)

6 and 7 are sounding less likely to me. What do you think about 9w8?

Source

Actually my Dad is a 9w8 So/Sp. It would be funny if you turned out to be one :D

Well i am glad you are in.

That description was spot on BUT it's all positive, so i have no issue aggreing with it at all ;).

A few issues i have with the description and other 9 descriptions are the emphasis in inabilities to express anger and the doormat treatments. I do not have an issue expressing anger at all - afterwhich it feels kinda good, unless there will be consequences in the future but sometimes even if there are consequences and unless i yelled at a loved one, my father estj 8w7 and i have a lot of issues here although we are almost always on good terms. And i never allow to get treated like a doormat. I DONT TAKE punches at all. Infact sometimes i think - esp when dealing with my father - that i should learn to back down so as to not hurt feelings. With anyone else and everyone else it's stand my ground and fight.

I made this point earlier that so many 9w8 characters (spike spiegel and annie lioneart who are both coincudentally istps) though are obviously 9s are the opposite of doormats and backoffs. I can relate to that sort of aggression though i can't relate to their lack of communications, expressions, drive to socialize etc. I think they are both sp/sxs.

Sooo could i be a 9w8 so/sp? Maybe if i am a 9 even sx dom could benon the table though it itches to think muself as one.

My w8 might be so strong because i have a estj 8w7 father and a estp counterphobic 6w7 sister. And my social needs could be a e3 intergration or maybe even so influence. My image focus us definitely a e3 influenze.

Lolz at the comparison to your dad. Orangeappled typed me as entp 7w8 and compared me to her dad twice, afterwhich it felt really awkward to hit on her any further. I think it's a trick of her's so that i wouldn't hit on her again :D.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

That description was spot on BUT it's all positive, so i have no issue aggreing with it at all ;).

A few issues i have with the description and other 9 descriptions are the emphasis in inabilities to express anger and the doormat treatments. I do not have an issue expressing anger at all - afterwhich it feels kinda good, unless there will be consequences in the future but sometimes even if there are consequences and unless i yelled at a loved one, my father estj 8w7 and i have a lot of issues here although we are almost always on good terms. And i never allow to get treated like a doormat. I DONT TAKE punches at all. Infact sometimes i think - esp when dealing with my father - that i should learn to back down so as to not hurt feelings. With anyone else and everyone else it's stand my ground and fight.

I made this point earlier that so many 9w8 characters (spike spiegel and annie lioneart who are both coincudentally istps) though are obviously 9s are the opposite of doormats and backoffs. I can relate to that sort of aggression though i can't relate to their lack of communications, expressions, drive to socialize etc. I think they are both sp/sxs.
This does make you sound 8-ish. I would emphasise the "calmness as a sign of strength" aspect of the 9w8 - based on my own personal experience this is integral to type. They don't lack the ability to express anger; they simply choose not to. If you think of 8s as being about control and power, with 9w8s it's about the zen power of self-possession.

I also think a lot of the 9 descriptions have more of a 9w1 lean to them. I'll try to find some better descriptions to help figure it out.

Sooo could i be a 9w8 so/sp? Maybe if i am a 9 even sx dom could benon the table though it itches to think muself as one.
If you were a 9 would certainly have a big effect on how your instincts come across (this is partly why I was circumspect about making claims about your instincts). I would think a Sexual 9 would be a pretty mellow Sx-first, comparatively.

What about this:

9 Stacks

Sexual/Social

This subtype of Nine may appear least like a stereotypical Nine because the outward sexual and social energies obscure some of the withdrawing and “zoning out” tendencies of the Nine. These Nines are the most connected and assertive of the subtypes of Nine, especially when it comes to relationships. There is still some internal struggle, as with the sexual/self-pres, but overall there is less of a tendency to withdraw. With the self-pres instinct last, this subtype can neglect self-preservational needs in favor of the intensity of their sexual instinct’s pursuits. Individuals of this subtype could easily be mistaken for the dominant wing, because the sexual energy tends to flow in a manner similar to the energy of the wing. A Nine with a One wing would therefore appear more One-like and a Nine with Eight might be mistaken for an Eight.

The central conflict for these Nines will still be in the realm of close intimate relationships and these Nines will have many of the same issues and challenges as the sexual/self-pres Nines.

Does that address some of your uncertainties?

Lolz at the comparison to your dad. Orangeappled typed me as entp 7w8 and compared me to her dad twice, afterwhich it felt really awkward to hit on her any further. I think it's a trick of her's so that i wouldn't hit on her again :D.
Oh no, you've been dad-zoned! :D But seriously, I don't think she would have meant it like that.

Actually 9w8 (along with 2w3) is just about the last option I think of when typing someone, so my remark was more of surprise. I don't know whether those types are rare or they just seem that way. I wonder if this may have been a factor in why you seem hard to type.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cool [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION], good questions!! :)

My w8 might be so strong because i have a estj 8w7 father and a estp counterphobic 6w7 sister. And my social needs could be a e3 intergration or maybe even so influence. My image focus us definitely a e3 influenze.

Yeah, Riva, my little brother is an 9w8 sp/sx,and he definitely is not shy about expressing his anger when he gets pissed off. He's kind of quiet about it, though - he's pretty protective and only really gets angry when his girlfriend gets herself into dangerous situations, and then he is surprisingly assertive towards her. Or if someone endangers his space or his stuff. Otherwise he's pretty chill. He and I would get in awful fights when we were younger, too. Neither of us likes backing down, lol.

I think 9 descriptions, in addition to typically being geared towards w1, are also typically geared towards INxPs, and for any other type, there are going to be some differences. If it's true that you're an ENTP, you're going to be more outspoken, blunt, adventurous, and energetic than the average 9.

Just for curiosity's sake, here's a 9w8 so/sp, the BlissStream description -

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Starry, southern kross, sky and the rest i'll reply to all of you in a bit.

Need some time to clear my head.

Saying thank you for helping me out would feel like i am ending this thread, so i won't do it yet ;).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Take your time, Riva, will look forward to hearing from you later. :)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Okay i think i am ready to resume this thread. I will reply to all the posts as soon as there is time.

So i think the question is whether i am a 9w8 or 7w6. Sadly i am not cool enough to be an 7w8 and i think i reached that conclusion and convinced others the same

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Southern Kross did an amazing...amazing, amazing job explaining instinctual variants. I swear she should write a book on the topic...but the questions she presented to rule in or out 7 cause me a bit of concern. <-This is good though because I'm thinking of starting a thread on this very topic...so yeah. But you can't say to a 7 "do you distract yourself...do you run from your problems?" or something along those lines because that is one of the things an actual 7 won't see. In fact, the responses you have given to those questions rule 7 in - in my mind because of how you were insisting you don't avoid, distract, etc. Similarly, you can't necessarily ask a 9 "do you avoid conflict?"...because that's something an actual 9 is hiding from themselves.

I do feel you have a strong 9 fix...but I definitely believe you are a 7. Complicating your understanding of 7 I believe is the fact that social 7s are quite disciplined and less likely to avoid problems in the first place in spite of being 7s.

Here's a description of the social 7

Enneagram Central - Social Seven

Typing from phone.

^

Also Sk's and oa's abilities to 'clearly' inform and convince me/sway opinions -NOT talking about my enneagram type - more so than intps do is quite amazing.

I read that link and you made a good point about sk might have been asking the wrong question. Although yiu do make an awesome point regarding that it should be pojnted out that maybe at my age (26) i am beginning to realize that although i am not the most self analysing person. Aslo e4s often complaints about ..... wait they don't complain much about envy (or whatever they are suffering from) and they are quite introspective and observant of their feelings (esp fi doms), so i might be making the wrong comparison. They do complain about not fitting in quite a lot. Lolz. I am totally unempathetic about it. ;)

Anyway, something that should be noted is my father is an estj e8w7 and my sister is an estp cp 6. (Mother is an esfp 7). Growing up with such an aggressive duo would have made me aggressive is return to avoid being trampled on. People learn and adapt from the environment, so i would have learned quite a bit from them as to have my defenses up and be aggressive to get things done. No?

Yes i do ignore my problems but i don't distract myself from them. If you mean sleep it through till i get my energy up that i do. E7s even if i dont often literally see them running from problems they do have that 'Ah fuck this' attitude esp in 7w8s and they do seem to distract thenselves a lot.

See i ignore my problems from time to time but i don't distract myself i like to think. E9s seem to ignore their problems a lot too. But there is a mild difference. Maybe it's lethargy? Do E9s have issues being practical? I used to have issued of not knowing what to do. I think most kids have this. I curse myself for not knowing what to do when it happens though eventualy i find a way.

Regarding the link you shared about social 7s and what i have observed about them in general: they seem to have issues to irresponsibility. Even social 7s become irresponsible when they feel they are chocked. This is NOT me. I am never irresponsible. Even my estj father who loves to disgustingly critisise everyone EVERYDAY i can never remember accuaing me of being irresponsible.

If the link didn't mention the wanting to run away irresponsible when chocked part i would have been sold on it.

EDIT - HOWEVER, I CAN NEVER RELATE TO AN E9 DESCRIPTION EVER though i can sadly relate to the lazy to deal with hints of tbe personality. NEVER THE WAY THEY THINK.

Sigh! I am making this annoyingly complicated i feel.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Could i be an e9 who has/is intergrated/intergrating into an e3?

I do have may the world burn around me i will remai cool because i will survive look and attitude. I also look extremely relaxed and is. However when i am talking to people i feel quite energetic and looks engaged.

^ they do sound e9 more so than any other type me thinks.

Don't cross me i am going to kick your ass sooner or later, leave me the fuck alone and don't annoy me attitudes of certain 9w8 characters i can relate to such as spike spiegel and annie lioneart.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Typing from phone.

^

Also Sk's and oa's abilities to 'clearly' inform and convince me/sway opinions -NOT talking about my enneagram type - more so than intps do is quite amazing.

I read that link and you made a good point about sk might have been asking the wrong question. Although yiu do make an awesome point regarding that it should be pojnted out that maybe at my age (26) i am beginning to realize that although i am not the most self analysing person. Aslo e4s often complaints about ..... wait they don't complain much about envy (or whatever they are suffering from) and they are quite introspective and observant of their feelings (esp fi doms), so i might be making the wrong comparison. They do complain about not fitting in quite a lot. Lolz. I am totally unempathetic about it. ;)

Anyway, something that should be noted is my father is an estj e8w7 and my sister is an estp cp 6. (Mother is an esfp 7). Growing up with such an aggressive duo would have made me aggressive is return to avoid being trampled on. People learn and adapt from the environment, so i would have learned quite a bit from them as to have my defenses up and be aggressive to get things done. No?

Yes i do ignore my problems but i don't distract myself from them. If you mean sleep it through till i get my energy up that i do. E7s even if i dont often literally see them running from problems they do have that 'Ah fuck this' attitude esp in 7w8s and they do seem to distract thenselves a lot.

See i ignore my problems from time to time but i don't distract myself i like to think. E9s seem to ignore their problems a lot too. But there is a mild difference. Maybe it's lethargy? Do E9s have issues being practical? I used to have issued of not knowing what to do. I think most kids have this. I curse myself for not knowing what to do when it happens though eventualy i find a way.

Regarding the link you shared about social 7s and what i have observed about them in general: they seem to have issues to irresponsibility. Even social 7s become irresponsible when they feel they are chocked. This is NOT me. I am never irresponsible. Even my estj father who loves to disgustingly critisise everyone EVERYDAY i can never remember accuaing me of being irresponsible.

If the link didn't mention the wanting to run away irresponsible when chocked part i would have been sold on it.

EDIT - HOWEVER, I CAN NEVER RELATE TO AN E9 DESCRIPTION EVER though i can sadly relate to the lazy to deal with hints of tbe personality. NEVER THE WAY THEY THINK.

Sigh! I am making this annoyingly complicated i feel.

Umm yah, riva... I guess at this time (I totally have some sort of nasty cold/flu thing going on) I don't have much more I can say unless "you just clearly are one" counts in some way as it pertains to you and e7.

At some point after the creation of this tread...I stumbled across an old thread of yours and when reading it I was like "Oh dude. It doesn't get much more TP 7 than this." It even had me returning to 7w8 for you which is where I might stay...7w8 so/sp. Can I see 9 at work in you? Yes. But it's definitely playing a supporting role and is not the main character. And no, I don't think you have 'integrated to 3' and this is why you are failing to relate to many of 9s attributes. 3w2 and 9w8 as fixes but 7 clearly has control of the wheel. <-It's in your cheeky humor...your curiosity. You push-up against boundaries for no other reason than curiosity/interest/entertainment which is tell-tale NTP riding the 1->7->5 line. And yes, I believe these curiosities often function as a distraction from the less fascinating aspects of life. I'm not sure what people/members imagine 'e7 distractions' to be but they're not an official "sex, drugs and rock & roll." Bottom line...many, if not most, e7s are imaginative dreamers that are capable of maintaining perspective. IOW there actually exists practical, down-to-earth 7s that steer their attention away from negativity using simple, entirely legal means.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
[MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

“One of the main reasons I could be 7w6 over 7w8 is because I don't have that opportunistic, go-getter-attitude/badass - which I admire - that is commonly seen/associated with 7w8s. The influence of w8 bulldozing worries over minute details and going out and getting what they want without caring who or what is shaken, is not something I see in me. I seem to need to make sense of it all - including why I deserve it - which cripples me sometimes. I hope you got what I was trying to say.”

This is telling….over-thinking is much more 6-wing than 8-wing. Your observation of the 7w8 is close to my own (my dad happens to be an ENTP 7w8, and this certainly sounds like him).

Riva, you DO seem very assured that stuff will work out for you, including connections to others, despite feeling a lack of confidence. It’s not unusual for people to have insecurity over their dominant instinct while appearing rather adept at it to others (result of over-focus). Remember that the core fixation plays out in the instincts, so the 7’s pleasure-drive and narcissism should be evident in their dominant instinct. How does that play out for you? I can see it in your tendency to want to affect people and form some rapport, which you do more good-naturedly than anything, even if jabbing here & there.

Thank you for the reply. First of all dear orangeappled you should know thay i know about your dad and would highly unlikely forget about him. I mentioned your dad in this very thread. Yes i talked about your dad. It isn't as weird as it may sound and was totally appropriate to the conversation at hand :D.

I think i should correct i what i said above. I said i don't see it in me. But it should be i didn't see in me and that i have developed into such a character over time. This could be because i have matured or my w8 has developed or i admire such traits. I don't
worry too much anymore. Also i don't feel crippled anymore.

I guess that's who i was and i am in this thread have been trying to type the person i was. Like whem i was a teenager. This might explain why i can't arrrive at a conclusion. I am one thing, people say (you and others) that i am that thing but i saying i am another thing. But this another thing is what i used to be. At this moment i would blame it on the wing theory :D.

Going back to the instinctual variance in your last question i do exactly that. But to what degree 'compararively' i don't know. Hmm i don't know whether thisnis a clue of sx second or sx last: i interact smile and laugh with a lot of people but doesn't feel bonded to them. So does it mean i lack sx that i don't bond or does it mean i have significant sx and is complaining about the not bonding enough? I think this should nail what i am.

(Ps - i do feel jealous and concerned when i am nor kept in touch with certain people BUT all these people are women i am atreacted - Maybe this para should be ignored therefore.)

Assuming i am a e7 i am probably not a sp dom because i can't identify with their sp craving (somewhat hedonistic?) lifestyles. Now i fear of beginning to admire them wanting to be one and eventually becoming one.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Umm yah, riva... I guess at this time (I totally have some sort of nasty cold/flu thing going on) I don't have much more I can say unless "you just clearly are one" counts in some way as it pertains to you and e7.

At some point after the creation of this tread...I stumbled across an old thread of yours and when reading it I was like "Oh dude. It doesn't get much more TP 7 than this." It even had me returning to 7w8 for you which is where I might stay...7w8 so/sp. Can I see 9 at work in you? Yes. But it's definitely playing a supporting role and is not the main character. And no, I don't think you have 'integrated to 3' and this is why you are failing to relate to many of 9s attributes. 3w2 and 9w8 as fixes but 7 clearly has control of the wheel. <-It's in your cheeky humor...your curiosity. You push-up against boundaries for no other reason than curiosity/interest/entertainment which is tell-tale NTP riding the 1->7->5 line. And yes, I believe these curiosities often function as a distraction from the less fascinating aspects of life. I'm not sure what people/members imagine 'e7 distractions' to be but they're not an official "sex, drugs and rock & roll." Bottom line...many, if not most, e7s are imaginative dreamers that are capable of maintaining perspective. IOW there actually exists practical, down-to-earth 7s that steer their attention away from negativity using simple, entirely legal means.

Maybe i am refusing to settle down on a type because i like the attention? I am such an attention whore :D. Sorry for making this so annoying :D.

Not intergrating to e3 you say. No issue with that. Don't see myself having a e1 stresd reaction when stressef though. I wonder how that happens.

I think if i observe my interactions with others i will obviously pick 7w8 over 9w8 or even 7w6.

I wrote a reply to OA above. That might explain a lot or simply agree with what you had to say.

Hmm i think when i think 7w8s i think of hedonistic sp doms and when i think of 7w6s i think of bubbly efp so doms and then think to myself that i am neither cool or bubbly as any if them and think i am neither.