• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whip Riva with an enneagram type!

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Throw in an instinctual variant too.

And a mbti type if you wish.

Don't mind answering questions at all.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 7 w something... you seem like a 7. Instinctual variant maybe so/sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think 7 w something... you seem like a 7. Instinctual variant maybe so/sp.

he is not Social 7 (they are more like New Age-y, pseudo-spiritual liberals who pride themselves in how much "global awareness" they have)

@OP
7w6 Sp/So (maybe Sp/Sx)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
^

Thanks for this.

Seems to be getting typed as sx last since late which is hard for me to swallow. And a few typed me as an e3 on ventrilo which i am ready to battle to death to prove wrong.

I thought sx on top two is obvious. I am quite good - atleast keen - on one on one conversations. I have this need to know - if i put it into words, it's the need to know the inner workings of the person i am talking to.

However i am not sure whether it's something i developed after i hit a certain age because i can remember thinking to myself a long long time ago that i often leave a conversation un dug/that i could have had more from the conversation. I think my desire to dig in may have started since then.

By digging in i often make people i interact with feel bonded to me as they seem to confide in me. However i've noticed that when having one on one conversations 'i keep an unemotional facial expression' probably leaving peopke in real life well conversed with me yet emotionally unattached.

Edit -

I've noticed that i am able to engage more on an induvidual level in group scenarios. (Will that cut sx off?) Yes definitely noticed this. Esp with females i am interacting with. If therr are groups of females (2 or more) i seem more engaging and in the zone ;). I even tend to hit on a girl i am attracted to and successfully make them laugh when she is with her friends.

Holy shit i even leave my one on one conversations on polite (hello how are you note) with girls i am attracted to even slightly. This seems to work though - if i am hitting on them - because i don't come across as a flirt to them. However it could be my sx that has realized it is best to engage in a non flirty way when hitting on a girl or asking her on a date.

However i do hit on girls online a lot. In rl i politely engage, give her a chance to get to know me and then ask whether she is free on the weekend ;).

Does that make me sp/so? Almost hard to believe since they seem so uppish on tv.

Edit -

Don't think i am so/sp because they seem so polite and even sexless.

I am probably so/sx, sp/sx, sp/so. Definitely not a sx dom me thinks.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]
a few things
- if you are Social dom, it's not Social 7 (only Social type I could see you as is Social 9)
- Self Preservation and Sexual are both 1 to 1 instincts (in fact, pretty much everyone prefers 1-1 or small group conversation to large groups except for So/Sp). Sx is more about intense addiction, sensual passion, obsession, energy, sexual intimacy (the emphasis is on sexual because, while the Sexual instinct is related to intimacy, intimacy comes in many forms, and almost everyone craves one form or another. my Sx last parents, for instance, are both very intimate with each other).
- nothing you've said here really indicates either Sp/So or Sp/Sx specifically

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
[MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]
a few things
- if you are Social dom, it's not Social 7 (only Social type I could see you as is Social 9)
- Self Preservation and Sexual are both 1 to 1 instincts (in fact, pretty much everyone prefers 1-1 or small group conversation to large groups except for So/Sp). Sx is more about intense addiction, sensual passion, obsession, energy, sexual intimacy (the emphasis is on sexual because, while the Sexual instinct is related to intimacy, intimacy comes in many forms, and almost everyone craves one form or another. my Sx last parents, for instance, are both very intimate with each other).
- nothing you've said here really indicates either Sp/So or Sp/Sx specifically

@ last sentence :cry:. There goes my first forum attempt being a member for 6 years (this oct) to successfully self evaluate, esp in relation to a type theory.

Yeah i am not 100% sold on e7 either. I could see e9 so dom too. However i CAN NEVER agree with e9 descriptions, esp in relation to avoiding conflict. Yes i avoid conflict but never at the expense of my personal space.

But then again obvious e9 characters like spike spiegel and annie lioneart aren't exactly conflict avoidant either. Maybe e9s are more 'sail with the wind' than avoid conflict. I don't sail with the wind/group to avoid conflict either.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Well, 9w8, aren't "completely" conflict avoiding. It's more of a "pick your battles" thing. I don't think it's as much a fear factor or lazy factor as it is a determination to invest time and energy into things that really count. Having said that, 9w8 s have a temper and sometimes, it gets loose!

*disclaimer---I still think I haven't gotten into enneagrams enough to actually help someone discover theirs.

MBTI--- I'm thinking NT of some sort.

Starry

^

Thanks for this.

Seems to be getting typed as sx last since late which is hard for me to swallow. And a few typed me as an e3 on ventrilo which i am ready to battle to death to prove wrong.

I thought sx on top two is obvious. I am quite good - atleast keen - on one on one conversations. I have this need to know - if i put it into words, it's the need to know the inner workings of the person i am talking to.

However i am not sure whether it's something i developed after i hit a certain age because i can remember thinking to myself a long long time ago that i often leave a conversation un dug/that i could have had more from the conversation. I think my desire to dig in may have started since then.

By digging in i often make people i interact with feel bonded to me as they seem to confide in me. However i've noticed that when having one on one conversations 'i keep an unemotional facial expression' probably leaving peopke in real life well conversed with me yet emotionally unattached.

Edit -

I've noticed that i am able to engage more on an induvidual level in group scenarios. (Will that cut sx off?) Yes definitely noticed this. Esp with females i am interacting with. If therr are groups of females (2 or more) i seem more engaging and in the zone ;). I even tend to hit on a girl i am attracted to and successfully make them laugh when she is with her friends.

Holy shit i even leave my one on one conversations on polite (hello how are you note) with girls i am attracted to even slightly. This seems to work though - if i am hitting on them - because i don't come across as a flirt to them. However it could be my sx that has realized it is best to engage in a non flirty way when hitting on a girl or asking her on a date.

However i do hit on girls online a lot. In rl i politely engage, give her a chance to get to know me and then ask whether she is free on the weekend ;).

Does that make me sp/so? Almost hard to believe since they seem so uppish on tv.

Edit -

Don't think i am so/sp because they seem so polite and even sexless.

I am probably so/sx, sp/sx, sp/so. Definitely not a sx dom me thinks.

If anything...the above would point (however slightly) to social dominance in my mind...and honestly, with the way you engage people on the site...your focus... that is where I believe you fall. Like you indicate you're not a sx dom. And you're not sp/sx. I could buy so/sx but I wouldn't rule out so/sp because they are "to nice and virginal" or whatever you said. Okay, I'm now noticing that I'm running behind schedule here and need to go...but I'll go ahead and post this anyway.

Like I indicated I feel you are probably eNTP 7 but 9 is certainly a possibility (and you clearly have a 3 fix.)

What do you relate to and reject with regards to 7?
What do you relate to and reject with regards to 9?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
he is not Social 7 (they are more like New Age-y, pseudo-spiritual liberals who pride themselves in how much "global awareness" they have)

@OP
7w6 Sp/So (maybe Sp/Sx)

Lol! Yes, that is totally me sometimes! I alternate and cycle between that and the dark side, though.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Throw in an instinctual variant too.

And a mbti type if you wish.

Don't mind answering questions at all.
In ur dreams. I charge by the picosecond.

(AND you'd have to get a massage terapist to give me a back rub)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
If anything...the above would point (however slightly) to social dominance in my mind...and honestly, with the way you engage people on the site...your focus... that is where I believe you fall. Like you indicate you're not a sx dom. And you're not sp/sx. I could buy so/sx but I wouldn't rule out so/sp because they are "to nice and virginal" or whatever you said. Okay, I'm now noticing that I'm running behind schedule here and need to go...but I'll go ahead and post this anyway.

Like I indicated I feel you are probably eNTP 7 but 9 is certainly a possibility (and you clearly have a 3 fix.)

What do you relate to and reject with regards to 7?
What do you relate to and reject with regards to 9?

So I guess SP/SX is no viable? I was actually quite sure I was a sp/sx for a while because: (1st and mainly) Orangeappled suggested it (which she later reversed :sigh:) and (2nd) I am by default more concerned about physical comfort, especially more so than social corporation/roles etc. I think about SP naturally whereas I have to think about SO intentionally, which seems to have developed in me since the late teens. Even now (age 26) I intentionally have to think about my social standing. However I must confess it has become second nature to me. Only issue is I don't worry about it and never feel as though I am a part of a social group or that I have to be a part of a social group. It seems I slip out of 'it' too easily to have been concerned about it wholeheartedly. Does it sound SO not-primary? (Wait I do seem to have a need to have a touch and go relationship with people I think are worthy.)

^

However (and also), I do have a good belief in self in my ability to competently slip into a social hierarchy/gourp (feel a part of a group) and have an instinctual ability to know where to stand, to whom next to stand and when to stand :). That sounds terribly SO dom doesn't it? However I know that I only developed a concern for a social/political group bonding during my late teens.

Haha I don't think So/Sp are nice or too virginal. They seem socially highly appropriate which I am not. (I do know how to be socially appropriate, don't worry ;)). It's just that I could often get difficult with groups not having the patience to: not point out the obvious, humorous, imaginative and be rude etc. (I have the need to be rude when I want to.) Also So/Sp seem a bit nervous, as if they are trying really hard not to have misunderstanding or their opinions hurt/disturb others/someone, which I definitely don't have the issue of. (But I do try to keep social/group harmony and electrocute people every minute either.)

After watching so many of these interviews and really hearing what he had to say...I now 100% believe the e7 poster child was in reality an e6w7 ([MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] ). This is for many reasons including he claimed in more than one interview that he didn't become the "crazy funny improv" individual until age 18 or so...that he had always been a sad, lonely child and then something clicked in him (e7 generally have the exact opposite experience of being the happy, optimistic child and paranoia/fear sets in around 18.)

^^they say that e6w7 is where most celebrities/actors fall. Sensitive...realistic child...with a connection to e3 image and image generation...once that e7 wing hits they can become whomever they wish to be to insure they are "loved and admired."

Okay I was never the sad and lonely kid but I never was the bubbly, energetic, naturally attention grabbing extroverted kid e7s are universally typed as (I am exaggerating but you do get the picture I hope). And I was never really concerned about being bored and try to escape it as though my life depended on it which most e7s actually seem to do. (Also I am quite moderate on energy). Escaping pain, definitely not me. I could go on further but I think you probably get the pic. This is why I thought/sometimes still think I am a e9.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with 7. 7w6 sounds right, but if the 8w7 under your avatar refers to you (I know it doesn't always), you could be 7w8. Variant is uncertain. Also,

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP 7w8....don't have enough nervous head energy for a 6 wing, IMO.

Here are instinctual variant summaries for 7s (it may be total BS - who knows):

The sp 7 is the most classically hedonistic - more often Se-dom, IMO. They are charismatic for their own gain & comfort (although not necessarily conscious of that motivation), wanting to keep positive relations with other so the good times keep flowing. They seek out never-ending stimulation to self-soothe. They plan a lot - the next dinner, the next trip, the next purchase....They keep focused on the future by stocking it with pleasant things to expect.

The sx 7 is the most fantastical - they are idea hoppers, always with a new scheme or a new love, but the novelty is more intangible than with sp types. They tend to embody their ideas, almost like an image type has a persona to divert shame (but theirs is anxiety - like this Fiona Apple lyric: "I notice that my opponent is always on the go - and - won't go slow, so's not to focus, and I notice / He'll hitch a ride with any guide, as long as they go fast from whence he came / But he's no good at being uncomfortable, so he can't stop staying exactly the same"). It's like shedding new skin all the time; running away from yourself, maybe? More often Ne-dom, I suppose, or maybe Se-dom focus more on tangibles, but less about consuming/planning like the sp type and more about sheer experience.

The so 7 is the most idealistic - they have a cause, sometimes it's through irritating & simplistic "be happy!" mantras and other times they have more depth and really revolutionary ideas. They can be really optimistic and upbeat towards people, trying to "inspire" them, or they can enjoy stirring up controversy to induce change and see what happens when they poke someone. The focus is on affecting change outside of themselves, for their own amusement/pleasure/satisfaction (although they likely won't admit this to themselves).

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Thank you all for your feedbacks.

Well, 9w8, aren't "completely" conflict avoiding. It's more of a "pick your battles" thing. I don't think it's as much a fear factor or lazy factor as it is a determination to invest time and energy into things that really count. Having said that, 9w8 s have a temper and sometimes, it gets loose!

*disclaimer---I still think I haven't gotten into enneagrams enough to actually help someone discover theirs.

MBTI--- I'm thinking NT of some sort.

It actually drains me to think I am a e9. I don't why so and it should technically be draining to think oneself as a more extroverted type such as an e7. I feel all my energy is leaving me the times I assume I am a e9. Weird!

In ur dreams. I charge by the picosecond.

(AND you'd have to get a massage terapist to give me a back rub)

I'll buy you a Napoleon Costume. How about that?

*Imagines Eck in a Napoleon costume, having his hand inside his shirt, cheering the National French Rugby team.*

I agree with 7. 7w6 sounds right, but if the 8w7 under your avatar refers to you (I know it doesn't always), you could be 7w8. Variant is uncertain. Also,

Oh I just change my MBTI and Enneagram type for shits and giggles quite a lot, mainly to match the avatar :p.

7w6 so-dom

Yep this is what most people think I am especially on ventrilo, though a few people typed me as an e3 which I adamantly fought hard to prove wrong.

Also I get so/sx thrown at me on Vent.

ENTP 7w8....don't have enough nervous head energy for a 6 wing, IMO.

Here are instinctual variant summaries for 7s (it may be total BS - who knows):

The sp 7 is the most classically hedonistic - more often Se-dom, IMO. They are charismatic for their own gain & comfort (although not necessarily conscious of that motivation), wanting to keep positive relations with other so the good times keep flowing. They seek out never-ending stimulation to self-soothe. They plan a lot - the next dinner, the next trip, the next purchase....They keep focused on the future by stocking it with pleasant things to expect.

The sx 7 is the most fantastical - they are idea hoppers, always with a new scheme or a new love, but the novelty is more intangible than with sp types. They tend to embody their ideas, almost like an image type has a persona to divert shame (but theirs is anxiety - like this Fiona Apple lyric: "I notice that my opponent is always on the go - and - won't go slow, so's not to focus, and I notice / He'll hitch a ride with any guide, as long as they go fast from whence he came / But he's no good at being uncomfortable, so he can't stop staying exactly the same"). It's like shedding new skin all the time; running away from yourself, maybe? More often Ne-dom, I suppose, or maybe Se-dom focus more on tangibles, but less about consuming/planning like the sp type and more about sheer experience.

The so 7 is the most idealistic - they have a cause, sometimes it's through irritating & simplistic "be happy!" mantras and other times they have more depth and really revolutionary ideas. They can be really optimistic and upbeat towards people, trying to "inspire" them, or they can enjoy stirring up controversy to induce change and see what happens when they poke someone. The focus is on affecting change outside of themselves, for their own amusement/pleasure/satisfaction (although they likely won't admit this to themselves).

You are the only person who consistently type me 7w8. You are right in your observation that I don't have nervous head energy at all to be a w6. I've said this before, w6 or e6 would make perfect sense for me if the nervous head energy or anxious vigilance (or whatever) is removed from the personality; and I've also said that I am so relaxed, seldom worries - though not hopefully optimistic - and optimistic that I could be a e9. But I guess e7s could be that way too.

One of the main reasons I could be 7w6 over 7w8 is because I don't have that opportunistic, go-getter-attitude/badass - which I admire - that is commonly seen/associated with 7w8s. The influence of w8 bulldozing worries over minute details and going out and getting what they want without caring who or what is shaken, is not something I see in me. I seem to need to make sense of it all - including why I deserve it - which cripples me sometimes. I hope you got what I was trying to say.

Starry

So I guess SP/SX is no viable? I was actually quite sure I was a sp/sx for a while because: (1st and mainly) Orangeappled suggested it (which she later reversed :sigh:) and (2nd) I am by default more concerned about physical comfort, especially more so than social corporation/roles etc. I think about SP naturally whereas I have to think about SO intentionally, which seems to have developed in me since the late teens. Even now (age 26) I intentionally have to think about my social standing. However I must confess it has become second nature to me. Only issue is I don't worry about it and never feel as though I am a part of a social group or that I have to be a part of a social group. It seems I slip out of 'it' too easily to have been concerned about it wholeheartedly. Does it sound SO not-primary? (Wait I do seem to have a need to have a touch and go relationship with people I think are worthy.)

^

However (and also), I do have a good belief in self in my ability to competently slip into a social hierarchy/gourp (feel a part of a group) and have an instinctual ability to know where to stand, to whom next to stand and when to stand :). That sounds terribly SO dom doesn't it? However I know that I only developed a concern for a social/political group bonding during my late teens.

Haha I don't think So/Sp are nice or too virginal. They seem socially highly appropriate which I am not. (I do know how to be socially appropriate, don't worry ;)). It's just that I could often get difficult with groups not having the patience to: not point out the obvious, humorous, imaginative and be rude etc. (I have the need to be rude when I want to.) Also So/Sp seem a bit nervous, as if they are trying really hard not to have misunderstanding or their opinions hurt/disturb others/someone, which I definitely don't have the issue of. (But I do try to keep social/group harmony and electrocute people every minute either.)

Being sp/sx or sx/sp though...it's like having stood at the beginning of your life and said..."Sure can't wait for my lifetime of 'unrest' to begin."

Not saying the other dom/aux combinations don't have their challenges... I'm just saying I don't recognize in you this particular brand of 'torn'. A kind of torn that 'positive outlook' can't even conceal/erase in its entirety. So, a 7 or 9 with this dom/aux combo... they may present with a genuinely optimistic mood and yet you can still feel the inner conflict... Hear the churning of their insides.

You otoh seem quite consistently good-natured imo. Yes, I admire how honest and straightforward you are. I know you are authentic in everything you say and do...refusing to sacrafice your truth for the sake of social harmony. But unless I'm completely missing something...and with how distinct this particular struggle is I really don't think I am...I see no conflict in you. You seem able to let things go. This to me is social dominance.

I'm currently at a place where the internet connection is very weak so I will have to say what I want in smaller bites me thinks.

Starry

Okay I was never the sad and lonely kid but I never was the bubbly, energetic, naturally attention grabbing extroverted kid e7s are universally typed as (I am exaggerating but you do get the picture I hope). And I was never really concerned about being bored and try to escape it as though my life depended on it which most e7s actually seem to do. (Also I am quite moderate on energy). Escaping pain, definitely not me. I could go on further but I think you probably get the pic. This is why I thought/sometimes still think I am a e9.

When we consider various types...our minds commonly, seemingly naturally jump straight to the 'extremes' or the stereotypical/expected expressions of behaviour for that particular placement. Which is understandable really but I think you might be taking what I said in that Robbin Williams thread too literally or 'black & white' than I would have intended.

e7 children are/were not all perpetually happy and entertaining high-energy children. What I'm saying is regardless of the e7 child's inherent manner and set of circumstances the coping mechanism is the use of optimism and a degree of magical thinking. There exist and have existed many sad and lonely e7 children...but an e7 won't connect with that in the same way Robbin Williams did in those interviews I saw. An e7 will minimize their pain for the most part if they acknowledge it at all because their eye is on all the *great stuff* that's going to happen in the future. <-This can be done in a subtle fashion. To be an e7 you in no way need to be some larger than life personality that accomplishes a thousand amazingly daring feats each and everyday in an effort to outrun your pain. An e7 can be a quiet person...a low energy person, etc. And I believe you are one of those people.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
^

Thank you so much ofr your feedback :). Often they are uniquely well informed, though sometimes they could successfully leave me/the masses utterly doubtful about my/their perceptions :).

Being sp/sx or sx/sp though...it's like having stood at the beginning of your life and said..."Sure can't wait for my lifetime of 'unrest' to begin."

Not saying the other dom/aux combinations don't have their challenges... I'm just saying I don't recognize in you this particular brand of 'torn'. A kind of torn that 'positive outlook' can't even conceal/erase in its entirety. So, a 7 or 9 with this dom/aux combo... they may present with a genuinely optimistic mood and yet you can still feel the inner conflict... Hear the churning of their insides.

You otoh seem quite consistently good-natured imo. Yes, I admire how honest and straightforward you are. I know you are authentic in everything you say and do...refusing to sacrafice your truth for the sake of social harmony. But unless I'm completely missing something...and with how distinct this particular struggle is I really don't think I am...I see no conflict in you. You seem able to let things go. This to me is social dominance.

I'm currently at a place where the internet connection is very weak so I will have to say what I want in smaller bites me thinks.

Can't wait for the unrest to begin? Haha you are right in your assumption that i am not so, though i do seek (as anyone) excitement. I wonder whether [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] relates to this? Coriolis do you wake up in the morning and expect to have an 'awfully bit adventure' full of fun and a lot of turmoil too; like peter pan? (Ps - I've never read Peter Pan, so I don't know whether that's what he want.)

I definitely wouldn't use the word torn to describe myself. What is this inner conflict you talk of? Lack of confidence? I do - hate to admit this - lack confidence in certain areas including socializing. But these have been more so when I was younger and less so as I have grown older which probably means lack of experience. (Infact quite a few of my friends have commented that they admire me in this regard.) I do contemplate as to how I can have the best outcome from interactions wit the opposite sex (sx wannabe maybe) and even beat myself if there were things left unsaid. (However a guy who is exactly the same age as I said he and he has read that other guys too at our age suffer from this thought of 'did I say enough, what should I have said etc' which made me sigh a breath of relief.) Again I think this as something anyone can relate to. However, I don't suffer from feelings of inadequacy from group conversations, have no phobias in that area and don't go home and run everything/conversation in my head thinking I said too much or too little. It's usually on one of one conversations with females I'm attracted to I often ponder.

Anyway going back to confidence, sadly I am no cowboy although I might come across so. I don't/can't jump into things without having utmost confidence in my abilities when taking part in things that might require 'considerable' talent (such as playing cricket with without proper practice ...... this is actually the only activity that crosses my mind, making me wonder whether I have some childhood insecurity regarding it). Wow I am such an idiot. Maybe this para should be ignored!

Hmm.. on an embarrassing note I have a constant belief that I need to change as a 'person' (not my habits or practices) to function properly in certain areas in life. I wonder whether this is a common need? It's quite intense, to a level I am unable to function properly (and sometimes at all) when unsure of what to 'be'. This is the first time I've shared that aspect of my life.

^ does that not sound terribly un-ExxPish?

Definitely true in letting things go in the context you put forward.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
9w8... ENTP 9w8...

Let me think about the stacking.