• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whip Riva with an enneagram type!

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Does the above apply to e4s??? I thought they are about creating some authentic personality or something.
It does, but it's more complicated. 4s can end up performing as an ideal version of themselves. At the same time they worry that they don't match up to this ideal.

So it's between head centre and e9.
Well, seeing as you seriously don't think you're a 6 and 5 is unlikely, it's between 7 and 9. More specifically, I would say either 7w8 and 9w8.

I was going to say I saw an interview on TV of Matthew McConaughey. He seems like a classic 9w8 and a good demonstration of the type.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I am slowly beginning to see myself as a 7w8. I don’t still feel that I am one, but I am beginning to notice qualities of them in me. Add to it most people who have noticed me on the forum or typed me on chat has typed me as a 7 (thought mostly 7w6, not w8). I think the older I get the more w8ish I have become. So sometimes I wonder, whether it is my tritype 7 that is influenzing me as opposed to the core. However, I just can’t see myself disintegrating into a 1. How does it show? I initially dislike everyone I meet. Does it count? I know e1s are nuttishly judgy.

Also I think 9w8 is easy to relate to, especially to an e7 who isn’t feeling very social or motivated or hyper. Maybe that’s why I see myself as one. I just don’t have that bubbly energy. I always maintain a sense of inner calm much like a e9 though when I speak I sound excited. Also e7s (immature or younger ones) tend to be irresponsible, hyper and reckless/impulsive. I just can’t relate to those qualities. Infact I am responsible, boring (physically, not verbally) and cautious much like a 9. Perhaps as starry said, I am an SO dom and it’s making me be more responsible (something along those lines she said).

One thing is for sure, I am more energetic around people and come across extroverted. Perhaps it’s a e7 quality as well as an MBTI one.

Ooo I just realized, perhaps because I am a SO dom I wasn’t pushy when young (not now, I am quite persuasive now) being too conscious of social hierarchies and I mistook that to be e9.

Last edited:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Maybe if you just stripped it down to the bare bones.

Ask yourself: "What's at the core of who I am?"

You know...that sort of thing.

I had lots of people tell me I was a 4 when I first came here. But I knew that I wasn't a 4. I didn't know what I was, only what I wasn't.

Enneagrams are tough nuts to crack sometimes.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I noticed that you changed your MBTI away from ESTJ. Several people have suggested ENTP, have you given any thought to it? Just wondering. ESTJ never really vibed right with me, but of course you're the only one who can know.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I noticed that you changed your MBTI away from ESTJ. Several people have suggested ENTP, have you given any thought to it? Just wondering. ESTJ never really vibed right with me, but of course you're the only one who can know.

I forgot to rep u earlier. I am not an estj. My previous avatar had an estj looking fox which is why i indicated estj :D.

I used to type myself as an entp and get typed as an entp 90% of the time.

If someone is typing me i think it's a very safe bet to type me as an EXTP.

:)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Bumb

I am definitely settling down on e7. 7w8 to be more presise. It only took about 20 forum plus vent members to point it out. Yes i am not an introspective genius it seems, though at times i feel that way. When it comes to the wing though people are split between 8 and 6.

I am convinced with 8 but attention giving feedback is welcome.

Now to figure out the instinctual variant.

Cygnus

I think 6. Brutally honest, yet gregarious and hesitant to actively call out people's bullshit. I'm under the impression the former is a defense mechanism, hence 6.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I forgot to mention that [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] recently typed me as an so/sp. I always felt i am a sx second though. But starry is usually right about these things

I think 6. Brutally honest, yet gregarious and hesitant to actively call out people's bullshit. I'm under the impression the latter is a defense mechanism, hence 6.

I actively confront people all the time. I am quite blunt too. However i am not dont-know-the-word to continue to confront people. It's more like fuck you ma you suck. Dont do that again esp to me and walk away than keep fighting about it. I dont have the forum energy especially. Also the drama might overwhelm me.

Also there is another thing which made me suddenly think i might indeed be a so dom. I know which battles to fight where i would be heard.

rmrf

I second [MENTION=20944]Cygnus[/MENTION].

I always got the impression you were a 6, although the fact you previously typed as ESTJ would bias me towards 6. The vibe I got, I apologize if I'm completely wrong here, is that you're someone who has a very clear and convicted opinions of judging things in terms of 'correct' and 'incorrect'. Someone who is more driven to push for what you see as competence over ideals. Your writing style (and presumably your cognitive style) seems quite pragmatic and epigrammatic. To put it a bit brashly "Clear away the unnecessary hazy bullshit distractions so we can get on with shit".

However, one other possibility is that what I'm describing as E6 may in fact be E1 as the two are definitely superficially isomorphic, the distinction between the two, simply put is that E1 focuses on "Good and Evil" and E6 more "Correct and Incorrect".

My guess on your tritype
6w7 so/sp
9w8/8w9 sx/so (kinda slightly guessing the instinctual variant here)
3w? sp/so

I'm curious about your MBTI type. You identified with ESTJ for quite a while, what about ESTJ did you identify with, and what made you change your mind.

(also, i'd take it as a compliment that I think you're a healthy 6 and incredulous that you're an 8)

Cygnus

I always got the impression you were a 6, although the fact you previously typed as ESTJ would bias me towards 6. The vibe I got, I apologize if I'm completely wrong here, is that you're someone who has a very clear and convicted opinions of judging things in terms of 'correct' and 'incorrect'. Someone who is more driven to push for what you see as competence over ideals. Your writing style (and presumably your cognitive style) seems quite pragmatic and epigrammatic. To put it a bit brashly "Clear away the unnecessary hazy bullshit distractions so we can get on with shit".

However, one other possibility is that what I'm describing as E6 may in fact be E1 as the two are definitely superficially isomorphic, the distinction between the two, simply put is that E1 focuses on "Good and Evil" and E6 more "Correct and Incorrect".

My guess on your tritype
6w7 so/sp
3w? sp/so

I'm curious about your MBTI type. You identified with ESTJ for quite a while, what about ESTJ did you identify with, and what made you change your mind.

(also, i'd take it as a compliment that I think you're a healthy 6 and incredulous that you're an 8)

I think more of what I'm getting is that he's more selective in the bullshit he chooses to clear out. Like an 8 would just actively charge all over the place while a 6 would use the same tricks from a more defensive position. Or, a 6 would use honesty to ease communication, but he'd care more about giving a straight answer to anyone who asked rather than playing power games with it. The former seems more like Riva. Worthiness to communicate with him is not a factor -- the delivery of facts is more important than the nature of the recipient.

But none of this seems to explicitly contradict 7 either, except maybe an absence of Positive Outlook.

rmrf

Yeah I didn't express it that well, but I think we're on the same page here. It's very sort of troubleshooting and 'practical' communication, it's about giving people the facts rather than arguing and 'fighting' for the sake of it. The latter is much more characteristic of 8, while 6 is more objective and dispassionate

Riva

Enneagram
7w8

My guess on your tritype
6w7 so/sp
3w? sp/so

Oh I was never an ESTJ to begin with. I found an avatar that looked like an ESTJ character that I used to use, so I changed my type to ESTJ to match the avatar. If there is anything I am not, it’s a J.

I don’t ever try to control people. I will often convince people to do what I want but controlling and being domineering are something I can’t do and it disgusts me to see people who do so (being domineering). I’ve only been suggested e8 as a tritype once in my 7 year period as a member in this forum. (I initially joined in 2008 Oct.) I initially joined as an ENTP by the way, which I stopped typing myself as at around 2010/11.

I do not control and I am definitely NOT domineering. I do enthusiastically convince and I am quite good at that.

I am actually not very opinionated except for a few aspects of life. I don’t believe in good and evil or correct and wrong. Separation of church/religion and state is one of the main things I could think of where I am opinionated. However, I would gladly shift this opinion if it serves a temporary practical purpose.

I think I do come across as opinionated though. I am strong with words and get a point across quite well esp in RL. This may come across as being opinionated to an onlooker. However, I would say I am MORE opinionated than not if I was to select between two extremes of being opinionated or the concept of live and let live.

I think more of what I'm getting is that he's more selective in the bullshit he chooses to clear out. Like an 8 would just actively charge all over the place while a 6 would use the same tricks from a more defensive position. Or, a 6 would use honesty to ease communication, but he'd care more about giving a straight answer to anyone who asked rather than playing power games with it. The former seems more like Riva. Worthiness to communicate with him is not a factor -- the delivery of facts is more important than the nature of the recipient.

But none of this seems to explicitly contradict 7 either, except maybe an absence of Positive Outlook.

I think most of what you wrote here is inaccurate.

E6s might not play power games with you, but they would take an argument to their own deaths. An e8 will think he is wasting his time and back off.

I think your point about e8s actively charging vs e6 would choose a more defensive position is wrong. E6s feel very personal about their opinions. This is why they get so offended and create so much drama when people disagree with even their most trivial stances. It seems hilarious how offended e6s get and how often they butt heads with others over the smallest things.

A former member who is an e6 once explained why this is. ‘When someone rejects their opinion they feel rejected as a person. You see they are anxious and nervous quite often and therefore look for securities. Believing in something (even the smallest thing) is kind of like a security (I can’t remember exactly what that person said). Then they begin to relate to this and when someone rejects this opinion it drives them nuts. It sends them to a counterphobic drama episode.’ Have you ever seen a CP 6 back down from something? They keep fighting keep fighting and keep fighting eventhough what they are fighting for wouldn’t have any profit.

E8s on the otherhand would openly butt heads with others if there is something to be gained. They are cunning enough to calculate what is important and what is not unlike an e6. Although an e8 might not accept defeat you seldom see one pushing an argument which has been rejected or getting worried over an opinion like an e6 would. If it threatens their security, then they will keep fighting. However, opinions/words aren’t much worth fighting for if it doesn’t serve a purpose they probably think.

Also I am NOT claiming e8 here. Having an e8 wing doesn’t mean one would come across as strongly as an original e8. W8s are pushy but they are not domineering. I can be pushy, but I am not domineering.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
he is not Social 7 (they are more like New Age-y, pseudo-spiritual liberals who pride themselves in how much "global awareness" they have)

@OP
7w6 Sp/So (maybe Sp/Sx)

I think you may have 7s confused with 4s.