• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? ENXX probably

carriecaroline

MBTI Type
ENXX
Enneagram
Hello,

Almost every time I take a myers briggs test I'm typed as ENFP, occasionally ENTP (with like one percent magin on T) and one time as ENFJ. The thing is, that I don't feel like an ENFP. I'm a bit new to Myers-Briggs, and would really want to find out which type I am. Eh, there's quite a lot to read but I will be eternally grateful if you read it and help me out! :wubbie:

- I'm always typed an extrovert but I really enjoy being by myself – reading, watching films, baking, cooking –, I don't feel very lonely when I'm alone. I enjoy my own company, but I also love hanging out with friends. Everything is much more fun when I'm around people, but I really need some alone time every now and then.

- Different from ENFP, I don't let my emotions show. I never cry at home, although I'm a teenage girl (17) living a rather turbulent life. When watching sad films, I'm the only one being stone faced whilst the rest of the people in the cinema cry like babies.

- I have no trouble with conflicts. Well, I don't like initiating them, but I'm very rational when being yelled at. I'm argumentative and factual, and my mum thinks I'm very cold dealing with conflicts. I always seem to find a reason and I almost never slam doors, yell at people or feel an irrational anger inside. Well, rarely.

- I'm good at taking initiative in social matters – I ask when friends can hangout, I try to find interesting conversation topics and I always want to make the other part feeling wanted. When two of my friends who don't know each other meet, I try to find something mutual to talk about.

- I'm a leader, definitely. All the way through kindergarten to... well, now, senior year in high school. When I speak, people automatically listen. I'm always in charge of the planning when there is a forthcoming event, I'm good at organising and seeing to each and everyone's need such as food allergies. When I plan, I really want to mak an elaborate plan. Not just wandering around, I want to visit as much as I can if I'm in a new city for example. I dislike just sitting down, I want to experience, be adventurous and curious!

- I really love speaking, publicly and to friends. I feel like I have a lot to say, but at the same time I always think about what I'm going to say next because I don't want to tell something boring/embarrassing that potentially could be offensive to anyone. I choose my words carefully. I speak fast as well.

- The ENFP is overrepresented among kids suffering from ADD. I have never had any problems concentrating or being still for a long time. I've always loved school, craved confirmation and praise from my teachers, and I've always been a model pupil with straight A's. I want to add that my parents have high expectations, and being an excellent student is nothing but standard in my family.

- I read a lot, and I like classic works and writers such as Goethe. I'm very interested in biographies and reportage books. North Korea, GULAG and slavery are some of my favourite topics. I love reading because of many reasons, one of them is symbolism. I love digging deeper and deeper into hidden meanings, symbols, words and references.

- I'm a firm believer in traditions, but I have great understanding for those who differ from my opinions. I often try to play with thoughts and ideas to understand them better, to find counter arguments and to sometimes switch sides.

- I'm diplomatic and I hate hearing conflicts between friends/relatives/parents. I always know how to make the awkward, tense feeling go away though, by joking or talking about something completely different yet interesting.

- I don't say ”I love you”, ”you mean a lot to me”, ”you're such a good friend”. Never. Not to my parents, not to my friends, no one. Well, maybe when my friends have birthdays and it's time to write something meaningful on their Facebook wall.

- I adapt extremely easily to the people that I hang out with. If they are ”fuzzy” and joke around all the time, I let go of my controlling side and tag along. The same with every kind of person. I know exactly what's appropriate in every single situation – topics to discuss, what to wear, how to act.

- I have trouble being honest and direct. When people ask me if I'm upset/angry/sad after something has happened/someone said something offensive, I reject it but feel totally otherwise.

- I don't easily laugh. I'm a very positive and optimistic person, but it's rather hard to amuse me.
- When I'm sad, I'm either a total bitch (not often) or (more likely) I become very "innocent" and don't discuss the matter further, I'm just really sad and cry and cry and cry and ask for forgiveness.
- I daydream a lot and think about the future, the possibilities and what may come.

- I'm a go getter and differing from ENFP, I often finish what I started. If I've decided to rearrange the book shelves it will be done. Then and there, and I work fast. I often postpone shallow things like painting my nails and washing my hair.

- I'm a master at procrastinating school work, but the results are always great.
- I'm a great at writing to-do lists but my work flow is really defined by energy spikes.
- I work hard and play hard, and I'm a nothing or all in-kind of person.

- It's easy to understand abstract matters for me. I've always had a thing for patterns in school, like in maths. I'm good at tutoring, I always seem to find new ways to make my student understand the math problem/whatever it is.

- I don't allow myself to be sad. I think and think and think until it all makes sense and I do this methodically, rationally and logically.
- When I by mistake erase an important post on my friend's Facebook or miss the buss, I only shrug my shoulders and think ”So what, I just have to wait/redo it”.

- We have a lot of deadlines in school, and I always follow them, but I hand in my work as late as possible, well maybe 2-3 hours before midnight.
- I love mingling and meeting new people.
- I don't know if this has any impact but I rarely listen to an entire song, I push the forward l button like 1:30 minutes in, and I never see a whole movie in one sitting when it's on my own terms.

- I'm described as charming and agreeable. I don't like telling people what to do in a harsh way, and I'm good at solving conflicts between others.
- Politics interest me and I always act nicely when people don't think like me. I'm good at arguing but I never have trouble saying ”That I didn't know of”, ”I agree with you on this one”, ”You are right” or ”my bad”.

- I often feel the urge to talk to the people that I'm standing in line with. I live in a country (Sweden) where being anti-social in public is a norm by the way.
- I'm very open-minded and I have little prejudice. I always try to understand how the other person thinks/feels like, I think that you need to walk in a man's shoes before you ought to judge him.

- It's easy for my thoughts to wander. If I see something while hearing something boring at the same time, I begin looking at it and stop listening. Quite irritating actually.
- I have no trouble improvising speeches or even what I'm going to say. I earlier wrote that I like being prepared, I go through my thoughts that I will produce into words, but it's easy for me to improvise an opinion, a thought or really anything if I'm caught off-guard. I'm going to contradict myself once again: I often have no idea what I'm going to say until I start speaking. Well, it depends on the situation.

- I don't feel the urge to talk just to talk. I'm rather quiet than saying something really stupid. If the topic interests me though, I'm more than willing to speak.
- I hate it when people don't respond if they can meet up or not. I crave admiration, affirmation and compliments from my surroundings. I have major trouble realising that some people dislike me.

- I have high standards and high expectations on myself but also on others. But I don't reject friends, I find it hard to do so. Friends often take me for granted.
- Just like ENFP, I hate chatting about the weather, gossip and other usual small talk topics. I want to dig deeper, I want to learn something about the person I'm talking to.

- I have trouble keeping a journal, even though I have a lot of thoughts and really would need a place to sort things out.
- I care alot about what others think but I have no trouble having my own style, raising my hand when no one else does or being the first person to talk to a lonely person. I always try to be considerate and modest.

- There's this side of me that is a total bitch, who can say these really horrible things about others. I can be very judgemental and bitchy, but that is when in a bad mood.
- I'm a person bursting with energy, often trying to drag those with me who aren't as full of ”life” as I am.
- I crave popularity, and I'm rather self-conscious.
- I'm not a jealous person, except when it comes to love. But concerning scholarships, rewards, competitions and so on, I'm only happy for others' sake.

Well... If you read it all, now I am eternally grateful. Have my first-born, be my bff, make me follow you on tumblr, I don't know but just thanxxxxx and lots of love

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are much more ENFJ than ENFP based on your helpful self-description.

carriecaroline

MBTI Type
ENXX
Enneagram
You are much more ENFJ than ENFP based on your helpful self-description.

Thanks! I've done some reading on ENFJ, and I really feel like one. Which of my characteristics are typically ENFJ by the way?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks! I've done some reading on ENFJ, and I really feel like one. Which of my characteristics are typically ENFJ by the way?

The TV shows that interest you or don't interest you weren't very informative. But I can go through it paragraph by paragraph, like this:

- I have no trouble improvising speeches or even what I'm going to say. I earlier wrote that I like being prepared, I go through my thoughts that I will produce into words, but it's easy for me to improvise an opinion, a thought or really anything if I'm caught off-guard. I'm going to contradict myself once again: I often have no idea what I'm going to say until I start speaking. Well, it depends on the situation.​

You're okay with self-contradictions, so you are a Feeler. While it does require Thinking to see a contradiction, your comfort rather than discomfort with contradicting yourself is what makes you a Feeler. If on the other hand you disvalued self-contradiction, you would be a Thinker. You have no trouble improvising speeches, that means you're an Extrovert. You like being prepared, so you're a Judger. "I hate chatting about the weather, gossip and other usual small talk topics. I want to dig deeper, I want to learn something about the person I'm talking to." Intuitives are like this.

carriecaroline

MBTI Type
ENXX
Enneagram
The TV shows that interest you or don't interest you weren't very informative. But I can go through it paragraph by paragraph, like this:

- I have no trouble improvising speeches or even what I'm going to say. I earlier wrote that I like being prepared, I go through my thoughts that I will produce into words, but it's easy for me to improvise an opinion, a thought or really anything if I'm caught off-guard. I'm going to contradict myself once again: I often have no idea what I'm going to say until I start speaking. Well, it depends on the situation.​

You're okay with self-contradictions, so you are a Feeler. While it does require Thinking to see a contradiction, your comfort rather than discomfort with contradicting yourself is what makes you a Feeler. If on the other hand you disvalued self-contradiction, you would be a Thinker. You have no trouble improvising speeches, that means you're an Extrovert. You like being prepared, so you're a Judger. "I hate chatting about the weather, gossip and other usual small talk topics. I want to dig deeper, I want to learn something about the person I'm talking to." Intuitives are like this.

Wow, that really makes sense. Well, if you'd want to, I'd be more than happy!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, that really makes sense. Well, if you'd want to, I'd be more than happy!

Lol, maybe. It's a lot of material to wade through. Consider this, however: you are a Feeler who is comfortable with self-contradictions, but if you were a Thinker, you would disvalue self-contradictions - which means that Thinkers have a part of them that uses Feeling-level values. Furthermore, in order to have feelings about things, you have to have a Sensing faculty so you can feel them.

Now, in the same way that Thinking is naturally bound up with Feeling (although they are opposites), Sensing is bound up with Intuition. The Sensing process that enables you to be aware of your Feelings is processed through Intuition - which is why you are comfortable with Feeling the opposite of the societal norm when it comes to self-contradictions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Besides that really abstract explanation above, your Intuition is seen in statements such as "I love reading because of many reasons, one of them is symbolism. I love digging deeper and deeper into hidden meanings, symbols, words and references."

carriecaroline

MBTI Type
ENXX
Enneagram
Lol, maybe. It's a lot of material to wade through. Consider this, however: you are a Feeler who is comfortable with self-contradictions, but if you were a Thinker, you would disvalue self-contradictions - which means that Thinkers have a part of them that uses Feeling-level values. Furthermore, in order to have feelings about things, you have to have a Sensing faculty so you can feel them.

Now, in the same way that Thinking is naturally bound up with Feeling (although they are opposites), Sensing is bound up with Intuition. The Sensing process that enables you to be aware of your Feelings is processed through Intuition - which is why you are comfortable with Feeling the opposite of the societal norm when it comes to self-contradictions.

No need to, really, I'm very content as it is. This was very enlightening, thank you so much once again! (Typical me by the way, saying that I'm grateful/thankful over and over again, same about being sorry and apologizing.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"It's easy to understand abstract matters for me. I've always had a thing for patterns in school, like in maths. I'm good at tutoring, I always seem to find new ways to make my student understand the math problem/whatever it is." This is really interesting. Your Intuition is good at devising ways of finding new ways to make your students understand - and your Thinking is under-developed in this regard, because Thinking sees only one way which it considers to be the best way to the goal, and this best way should apply to everybody. One method for the class, not one method per student, is how those with developed Thinking see education.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to, really, I'm very content as it is. This was very enlightening, thank you so much once again! (Typical me by the way, saying that I'm grateful/thankful over and over again, same about being sorry and apologizing.)

I find that you're a really interesting person. There aren't enough ENFJs around here so I hope you stick around for a while at least. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I don't feel the urge to talk just to talk. I'm rather quiet than saying something really stupid. If the topic interests me though, I'm more than willing to speak." Extraverted Sensors I find in contrast would rather blurt something out than remain quiet. Ni (and Si) are very individualistic, Ni is your auxiliary type, and your individualism speaks out in that last sentence. Ni prevents you from speaking until there is a topic that interests you, that is, until the input that your Sensing function brings in from the outside world matches some idea (Intuition) within you, and personal to you, of that which it considers an interesting topic.